Job Fair - results page 7!

Exchange items with other users, and trade with the Sharians.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Job Fair - results page 7!

Post by Sushidragon »

A Samanayr job is a specialized role that the Samanayr plays in their society. Each job comes with a 'uniform' and a perk that may benefit just the Samanayr or even its entire Song.

For detailed information on each of the jobs, please see the jobs page:

http://samanayrs.net/info/game-information/jobs/

When a job fair is open, Samanayrs can apply for a new job or apply to go up a rank in their current job. When the job fair is closed, the winners will be randomly selected and will be equipped with their new gear!
Applying for a Job
When there are job slots available, just reply to this thread with the following form filled out:

Samanayr name:
Samanayr ID:
Job and rank applying for:
Items being used for payment:

If your Samanayr is accepted for the job, the payment items will be removed from your inventory and the Samanayr will have a job! Yay!
The Job Fair is now open!

There's three job slots available, and job and any rank. The job fair will be open until April 30, 1pm PDT - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Job Fair - opening soon!

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*drools over pet tamer, storyteller, scout, and wandering mystic*

Can't do the last one, but *eyes Lash* She might be a good storyteller, hmm.

Would change her personality, but then again, wasn't set in stone to begin with XD
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Oh man, Flood would make an awesome Guard, as would Devil, and Lash would make an awesome scout! o_o
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

Oh boy, I'm so poor XD

::clutches her ONE modiem:: XD

My Sams will have to be jobless bums for a while longer ;}
Image Image
Nadir
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Nadir »

May we pay for a friend's Sam to get a Job? I have enough trade items I think, from participating in old events, but I haven't had any luck actually getting a sam yet XD

If sharing is allowed, should I post the form (as they're my items), or should my friend post it (as it will be her sam)?
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oooh.... Storyteller is very tempting to try and get Wink into. She's not so sure about wearing a uniform, though trinkets intrigue her... Would we get to pick the decorations and theme? But the perk is perfect for her! She won't join a Song, but she'd love to breed! *eyes modiems/tradeable items and ponders*

Will there be a new section on the database entries to display jobs? Or make them searchable? Though I guess they could be added as traits like mimic is... But jobs sound neat! I can't wait to see how this works out!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

*ponders between a Guard and a Scout for Slice or a Nursemaid for Mystic* Hmm...
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

Ooooh!

Should I go Storyteller or Scout for Spirit??? Or maybe Storyteller for Flash, with her Ghost Clip we could get some interesting variations...

Oh man, what am I going to do?! *is excited!*
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I have a question. It states for the Wandering Mystic that you can't be in a Song, or can't join one for Songless Breeding, but what about the Storyteller? It offers the same perk, but it doesn't state the requirement. Does that mean even if you Sam is already in a Song they can do Songless breeding as well as within their Song? If so, is there any differences between Song and Songless Breeding, such as increased breeding success in the Song?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Nadir - You can pay for a friend's Sam to get a job, but they would have to be the person submitting the application form. If you didn't trade the items to them beforehand, you should make a post in the thread saying that you give them permission to pay with your items :D

@Origami_Dragon - You'll be able to search Samanayrs with jobs by name, since their title will be added to their name field. For example, if Glint became a Storyteller, his name would show up in the database as Storyteller Glint of the Ice Prism.

@silvermoondragon - The Storyteller can be a Song and also do Songless breedings. The success rate for a Songless breeding just depends on the perks, species, etc of the two individuals involved, while an in-Song breeding would take into account anything that affects the chances of the entire Song.
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Ok, thanks, just wanted to double check. *returns to plotting which job to pick*

Oh... more questions, sorry... are there limited slots for each job or does everyone who applies and pays get their chosen job? How many Samanayrs can we get jobs for, i.e. one per person this job fair, or as many as you can afford? Also, since the treat and design contest give all entrants a tradeable item/modiem, would we perhaps be able to get those before this is over so we can possibly use them?

Sorry for so many questions...
Bluestarwolf12

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Just to clarify, if a Sam that's already in a Song were to become a Storyteller, would they be able to breed with any Sam of the opposite gender, or just those without Songs? :3
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Rush of the Tidal Dragon will most certainly be attempting to become a Pet Tamer. >.> It's his CALLING!
Shio and Misa agree wholeheartedly. <3
-runs off to count up modiems-
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*smacks head* That's what I get for replying late at night. I completely missed the fact that their names would change in the database...

I'm still curious if we get to choose details of their uniforms, especially on the storyteller, or if it's all your choice. Mostly because Wink is based on an existing character and there's a few types of items she'd never wear...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Oh wait, I don't have enough points to pay for a job so uhh... *doofus*
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I just want to post a quick warning for Sushi about changing Sam names in the database. <3 If you change a Sam's name to include its title, none of the other things that reference it will reference the correct record any longer. For example, if Test of the Testing Tester was listed as lead mare of a Song and Dam in the records of several foals, changing her to Pet Tamer Test of the Testing Tester would mean that all of those links no longer connect to her.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@silvermoondragon - Like with the pet and accessory shops, how many spots, how many people can get, etc will vary every time there's job slots available. More often than not it'll probably be one slot per person given away randomly. And unfortunately this won't include the modiems from the other events, just what you have right now.

@Bluestarwolf12 - Like with the Healer Songless breedings, it's up to the other Sam and their Song.

@Origami_Dragon - The accessory details would be my choice, but if there's something you'd reeeeeeally prefer not to have on the Sam you could mention that in your application.

@Jennalyn - Oh, that would be a pain o_x Is there an easier way to do things, then..?
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The job masters have gathered and are ready to train aspiring Samanayrs in their professions! Some info:

- There is one slot per job available
- Each person can apply for one job slot.
- When the job fair is over, the winners will be drawn randomly from all applications received!

To apply for a job slot, just reply to this thread with the 'applying for a job' form shown in the first post. Good luck!
Image Image

Bluestarwolf12

Re: Job Fair - now open!

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

*crosses fingers*

Samanayr name: Slice of the Sinister Skies
Samanayr ID: 509
Job applying for: Guard
Items being used for payment:
4x Color Modiems
1x Sunsnap Flower
Last edited by Bluestarwolf12 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Thanks Sushi. She's just got an absolute terror of things around her neck and I'd hate for her to wind up with a collar or necklace or scarf or something around her neck if she wins the job.

Samanayr name: Wink of the Flirtatious Gypsy
Samanayr ID: 597
Job applying for: Storyteller
Items being used for payment: Color Modim (2) + Tandil Berries (2) + Rainbow Lamanayr Feather x 2 (2x2=4) + Gleamstone x 2 (1x2=2)
Notes: Wink is terrified of choking and will never willingly wear anything around her neck
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I was hoping to make my new baby Shimmer of the Tranquil Daydream a Storyteller. Are we able to trade in pets as well? O-o;;

if not Ill have to sit this out *sigh* -_-; BUT! Good luck to you all! :D I cant wait to see what everyone gets! ^____^

<3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

Samanayr name: Spirit of the Unending Skies
Samanayr ID: 602
Job applying for: Storyteller
Items being used for payment: 3x Trait Modiem (9 points) + 1 Species Modiem (3 points)

When is the Job Fair over?
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Samanayr name: Affinity of the Affectionate Empath
Samanayr ID: 306
Job applying for: Nursemaid
Items being used for payment: Rarity Modiem (5), Rainbow Lamanayr Feather (2), Breeding Modiem (3)
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Is this the only time the job fair will be open?
Or is this like a thing that comes around at times?
Oh, and the foal pet that the nursemaid has, do you have to roleplay this foal? Or did I just misread it. XD

Also, how long will this be open?
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Samanayr name: Dancer of the Autumn Fields
Samanayr ID: o432
Job applying for: Pet Tamer
Items being used for payment: Tandil Berries (3x2=6), Pattern Modiems (2x2=4) 6+4=10!

Third tandil berries is coming from a trade with Raenia!