August pickups!

Pickups from breedings, customs, contests, etc.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

August pickups!

Post by Sushidragon »

A new thread, since I guess it's August now or something :O

Here's the outline Sams from the first batch, all colored!

Image Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Re: August pickups!

Post by Orasteele »

I know I already said this, but wow! I just love the way my girl turned out!

I find it funny that all three of us used violet in our color scheme! XD! Awesome work as always Sushi!!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Ooh, they turned out lovely! Might's armor looks enameled! So pretty! And I keep thinking Cast is wearing armor too with the pattern on her back. Or maybe a cape... And a lovely kirin! Is glint the odd kirin in that his scales aren't so pebbly looking? The two kirin mares have much more textured looking scales. Congrats guys!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

oooooooooooh... so pretty! I think that kirin is my favourite.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

AAAAAAAH. Oh, oh my goodness. She is absolutely stunning. ;-; Seriously, almost beyond words she's so pretty. The emphasized swirling looks epic on her pale fur, and it makes her teal scales and purple fluff stand out all the more. And the lovely grounding of her black accents. She's just so unbelievably pretty. You outdid yourself on her, majorly. *loves all over*

Ora, your tribal girl is nifty as anything. I love the whole cunning raccoon voodoo priestess thing she has going on for her. It's just awesome.

Nighthenge, that stallion of yours is delicious. His armor, I can only imagine where he got it from. Inherited? Forged specifically for him? Won in battle? Endless possibilities.
Last edited by Jennalyn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Dude, Steele- NICE. You didn't tell us what you were planning for her! Ferreeeeeettmask.

Gorgeous Sams, guys <3
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

What can I say! I wanted her to be a surprise for yall too. XD

*rushes on home since the evening meeting was a no-show*
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

Kya! So. Pretty! *can't come up with intelligent speech* xD They are all so wonderful, WOW.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thank you for the comments :D You guys all chose great colors! Outlines are so much fun for me to color XD
Image Image

Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

GORGEOUS!
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

Ooooh, aaaah! *.*

Might of the Chosen Warrior is impressive. The design of his armour is intricate, and the white highlights really enhance its metallic quality, giving a feeling of weight to it. You did a great job constructing the form with green and gold, Sushi; as well as making the armour part of his body glow with well-placed violet gemstones. He's prepared to defend himself, his territory and his mares.

The Kirin is a mythical hoofed creature from Chinese mythology whose majestic presence brings serenity, and Jenn’s Unknown Kirin mare is a radiant example of it. Her pure white fur seems to glow, putting emphasis on the delicate violet/blue/teal swirling pattern tattooed all over her body, and making her teal scales practically shimmer. The black accents in her eyes, horn and hooves ground the overall colour scheme, so she doesn’t appear too pale. *sighs* I'm in love with this ethereal beauty! <3

The colours make Cast of the Blade’s Edge give off an African tribal vibe. Bold, rich rainbow markings truly pop in contrast to the dark, natural pattern. I like her dreadlocks, beads and gold bling- very lovely and exotic.

You made the Outline Samanayrs wonderful on every possible level, Sushi. Congratulations to their new fosterers! It was money well-spent.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It helps that everyone chose such fun colors :D I was amused that everyone had at least a little purple in their color schemes, too XD

Two pickups today - the last Frankensam, and the first birthday event semi-custom!

Image Image
Image Image

Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Ahh man... Regality's crest is such a super-amazing feature of win, but Flourish's colors and patterns are delicious. <3
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Wow, NICE. Those are some gorgeous girls <3
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Flourish is so adorable! And I love the feather mane of Regality
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Look at all those wings! Wow, that must have been crazy getting them all to fit! Congrats Varuna! And I love Regality's mane! Like a sunburst around her head! Lovely pair of girls there!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

WOW! Flourish is SSOO gorgeous! All those wings, but especially her colouring!

Regality is amazing as well. . . wow!
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Oh my goodness, did those ladies end up wonderfully. @_@ I can't quite get over the wingsplosion that is Flourish. I like the contrast provided by her draconic wings, it seems like most of the masses of wings we see are feathered. It must have been a pain to fit them all in, but you did a wonderful job. Her coloring turned out nicely, too. The almost-muted shades on her wings just make the electric yellow of her body stand out.

Aieeee, Regality! o_O Wow, that is an incredible Sam if I ever saw one. I adore that crest, it's just so... striking! She's got quite the facial expression as well, I love the attitude I can see in her eyes. The blend of colors she has is lovely as well. I think that's one of the things I admire about your art - the way you make colors work together.

Wonderful, wonderful. <3 I can't wait to see more!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

aww, Flourish's colours remind me of a poisonous dart frog, and all her wings are fantastic! Hopefully they don't tangle her all up when she flies...

and Regality has the awesomest feather mane I have seen so far, it is full of win! Congrats you two!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

And here are the last outline sales!

Image Image Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

*gleeful flail* Ahh, look at them all! The calico on the mare is the most incredibly awesome natural coloration I've seen in a long time. Really excellent. The unicorn mare is delicate and shimmery and beautiful, and I love her. The basilisk, oh goodness, what an excellent mimicry of the scaling. He makes me think of the Kahmdens on SoD. And the green phoenix is such a handsome beast with all those feathers.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

oh WOW! The two sa'grisayrs are definitely my favourites! Is 314 based off of a bird of prey? She is just adorable with her cute pose and yellow rimmed eyes, and 317 is for sure one handsome guy! I think Calling would be quite interested in him.

Shroud is very beautiful and her ginglymus tufts are so cute, and Shimmer has most extraordinary markings.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*stares for the longest time* I don't know if I really have anything more articulate to say than just...wow. ^^ All of the Sams from the birthday outline sales turned out so fantastically; it's hard to choose a favorite, though I'm really loving Shimmer right at this moment. Congrats to all the owners, and great job Sushi!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Gryphon has real cert now too!
Got her named. :D

And she's sort of based on a bird of prey. Her front half is based on the Orange Breasted Falcon, and her hindquarters are a calico cat mimic! Gryphon to mean usually means front half some species of bird and rear half some species of cat. Calico was so tempting...and then I found that falcon and had to actually go for it! I luffs my little gryphon Sam! I shall be starting a RP for her sometime in the next day or so hopefully.

And everyone else is so pretty too! From Shroud's soft, pastel accented grey to Shimmer's...shimmery body (really neat effect there!), and Shard's (317) green flame patterns! Such pretty Sams!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

wow, it's like a peregrine falcon with orange! I'd never seen that bird before. It fits perfectly with a calico cat too. I'll say it again, she's one gorgeous girl!