The costume contest returns! Results FINALLY!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

The costume contest returns! Results FINALLY!

Post by Sushidragon »

Glint has once again donned his hard hat for the costume contest! I'm a little late getting the contest set up this year, but better late than never, right? XD And don't worry, you don't need a Samanayr to enter :D

This is a design and concept contest, so don't worry about artistic requirements! There will be three grand prize winners chosen by me, and then several other winners in categories who will be chosen by you!

The prizes and categories will be as follows:

Grand prize winners!
I'll be choosing three costumes from each category (most creative, scariest, funniest) to receive the grand prize - your costume design will be made into an actual accessory for your Samanayr! If you don't have a Samanayr, you can save your costume in your inventory for when you would like to equip it. Each grand prize winner will also receive two random modiems!

Most creative costume - vote
The most creative costume, as decided by popular vote! The winner will receive a small accessory based on the entry (eg if you entered a phoenix costume you could receive a beak accessory or some kind of feather clips) and a random modiem.

Scariest costume - vote
Ahh! The scariest costume ;____; As decided by popular vote! The winner will receive a small accessory based on the entry and a random modiem.

Funniest costume - vote
The most amusing costume, as decided by popular vote! The winner will receive a small accessory based on the entry and a random modiem.

Rules!

- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- Your entry can be any combination of writing and visual aids. You could submit an entry with just a written description, an entry with just a picture, or a combination of both! You're even welcome to draw your costume directly on to your Samanayr, if you'd like!
- Although you're welcome to draw your costume directly onto the image of your own Samanayr, you must ask permission if you're using someone else's Samanayr.
- The costumes can only be equipped to one Samanayr. Once it's been equipped, you can't equip the costume to another.
- You can enter using a guest artist Samanayr, but I prefer Samanayrs drawn by me because it's easier to match up the accessory style!
- You're welcome to edit your entry at any time before the end of the contest.
- Duplicates of the same costume are permitted, eg there can be more than one pirate costume. It's up to you to keep an eye on the entries and decide whether or not to change your entry.

To enter, just post the following form!

Username:
Costume name:
Costume description:
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable):

The contest will close on October 28, 8pm PDT and I'll set up the voting posts soon after. Good luck :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Re: The costume contest returns!

Post by Kagari »

Can we reuse entries from a previous year? >_>
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Kagari wrote:Can we reuse entries from a previous year? >_>
Sure :D
Image Image

Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Username: Janalee
Costume name: Moonbow
Costume description: Light blue-gray cloth tied in thick knots around her horns to mimic the shape of cumulus clouds, then strung out along a stiff wire in a more cirrus cloud shape. Teardrop shaped, clear to white crystals dangle from uneven length fringes on the bottom of the cloth, mimicking raindrops. Black cloth harness around the waist to hold a large, bright silver moon on the thigh; silver stars hang below the moon, and off the back edge of the wire from the 'cloud.' Her own markings make up the 'moonbow'...because if I couldn't think of a good costume idea, I thought I may as well go for a visual gag of sorts? XP
ImageImage
(Please forgive my complete inability to trace anything well. :D)
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Reverie of the Dreaming Shadow (1163)

Well, kind of a lazy idea...but Reverie insisted, so who am I to argue? ^^ Thanks for bringing back the costume contests again! I can't wait to see what other people come up with, and good luck to everyone!
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Username: ElvenArcher
Costume name: Super Bolt the Super Hero
Costume description: A bright blue mask that just covers the eyes. With yellow lightning bolts sticking up from the sides. A red cape with a large yellow lightning bolt on it. Some dark yellow greaves/boots, ( I'm not sure what to call them because they are bottomless. ) with yellow lightning bolts sticking up off the sides. On the back legs.
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Echo of the Empty Rainforest (0064)

Kind of simple but I just kept thinking about it. I think Echo would look awesome as a super hero.
I have a picture that I will try to edit in, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to on my phone. :)

Edit* ok I added a picture. It isn't my best work but it hopefully get the point across lol.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

Username: Operetta
Costume name: Harlequin
Costume description: A lovely two pronged jester hat with white and black diamond pattern and a bell on each end. There are little bells also hanging from her tines and adorning bracelets on her back legs. Her front legs are covered with leggings of the same black and white diamond pattern. She is also wearing a half mask that goes across both eyes and hangs over both sides of her face slightly. The mask is white with black swirls and a black feather decoration on the left side.
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Reflection of the Enchanted Evening (it was Delight's idea)
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Username: CosmicDragon
Costume name: Western Dragon
Costume description:
While browsing through my Samanayr, trying to decide who to dress up as what, Plunge's name just jumped out at me. I mean, how much more appropriate could a name be for a dragon costume? The scaly red fabric claws, tail and bodice/mask are held on with leather straps, while the mask sports decorative gold horns and an everburning ember in the hollow snout cavity for realistic smoke!
ImageImage
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Plunge of Burning Skies
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Username: Harroway
Costume name: All the Single Sammies
Costume description:

All the single sammies, all the single sammies
All the single sammies, now put your hooves up!

Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Spark of the Hidden Quartz
LostDollie
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by LostDollie »

Username: LostDollie
Costume name: Ice Queen
Costume description: Crown of icicles & icicles hanging from random feathers to give a frozen appearance.
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Melody of the Distant Mountains

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Username: Rikkugirl
Costume name: Belly Dancer
Costume description:
Strands of long light fabric will be tied around the front two legs, drapping down and some strands tying to the waist band (wyvern with cloth). the waist band is adorned with gems and metals, swirling, etc. from the waist band drapes more fabrics, these larger to cover more area. Gems are glued on the body to give a more shimmering look when twirling around. random coins and pieces hang from her tail, ears and nose.
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Tread of the Savvy Stalker

^^ sorry I cant draw it out, work is crazy! <3
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Username: Bluestarwolf12
Costume name: His Holier-Than-Thou Kingly Royal Majesty of Divine Greatness (...or just King would do... *eyes Flicker in exasperation*)
Costume description: All the trappings of a real king! Golden, jewel-encrusted crown and scepter, fur-trimmed crimson cloak, some gold rings "for my worshiping underlings to kiss, of course"... And whatever other kingly adornments Flicker is currently too full of himself to think up.
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Flicker of the Imperial Flame

I really wanted to draw it out but alas, classes have not been kind this past week. ^^;
*Flicker muttering in the distance about how he should be my highest priority*
Bighorns
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Bighorns »

Username: Bighorns
Costume name: Baby Giraffe
Costume description: Would have a headband with the giraffe horn nubs, cape or cloak that looks like giraffe markings and socks. Then have a baby giraffe plush he/she will carry on their back and a blue pacifier in the sams mouth. Would draw but no skill.
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): any
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Username: Codress
Costume name: Hide and go Seek Ninja
Costume description: With Delicate being so bright colored she would like to blend in more and who else is better than a ninja. She would have a black/green headband that has the sams symbol on it (since she lives in sam world) and then have a green ninja suit with brown splouches to blend into the trees better when playing hide and go seek with Baba. Last but not least some ninja stars (silver or black) in a black belt for her to take out those evil doers that come to take over sam world. Heroic laugh *ha ha ha*
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Delicate of the Vivid Hues

Rock Lee kind of look just mine for Delicate has some twists. he hee
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Username: SilverDapples
Costume name: Arabian Princess (Belly Dancer)
Costume description: Cloth is made of red transparent fabric, a sash around her middle and one around her head, over her eyes. Her legs and tail are lined with gold bangles, and her ears are adorned with golden rings and sapphire studs. (see more in the picture)
Samanayr who'd wear it (if applicable): Rapture (of the Silken Sands)

Rapture was a belly dancer since the second she was formed, I feel bad it took me this long to make her a costume!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Well. Here we are, only two years late with the results D: I'm so sorry thsi took me so long, I honestly have no idea what happened that I didn’t get this done, and then the next thing we know here we are two years later..

But at last! XD;

I actually ended up picking the grand prize winners that were also voted the winners of their categories, so I went with the runners-up in the voting to get the vote prizes. And there weren’t any scary costumes, so no winners for that category!

And now, the results:

The Grand Prize Winners are Harroway with 'All the Single Sammies' in 'Funniest' and CosmicDragon with 'Western Dragon' in 'Most Creative'!
Image Image
And the vote winners are Janalee with 'Moonbow' in 'Most Creative' and Operetta with 'Harlequin' in 'Funniest'!
Image Image
Congrats, and sorry again XD; I'll be adding the modiems to your inventories later today!
Image Image