Breeding draw discussion

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: November breeding draw!

Post by Zincht »

Since I got a foal recently, my sams are all available for this. Please pm me if you are using one of mine, but you don't have to get a reply back ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

Ooooh! A breeding draw? *goes to dig through the database*
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

Why are there so many beautiful Sams to choose from? *looks at the 10+ tabs open and tries to narrow it down* It's so hard! :)
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

Bluestarwolf12 wrote:As always to those looking for other people's Sams to use, keep in mind that most people just want to know who will be using their Sam and you're extremely likely to get a yes if you ask about Sams in closed Songs. ;D
Thank you for posting this. I always get super nervous about asking for permission since I haven't been around Sams for very long and really have little to offer someone in return.
Bighorns
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Bighorns »

Sushidragon wrote:If you don't have your own Samanayr - you can still apply for a breeding using Samanayrs from an open Song! When a Song is open, it means that anyone can apply for a breeding from the Song without needing permission from the owners.
My first time trying for a breed so just want to double check.
Open means fully open don't have to contact people? correct!?
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Bighorns wrote:
Sushidragon wrote:If you don't have your own Samanayr - you can still apply for a breeding using Samanayrs from an open Song! When a Song is open, it means that anyone can apply for a breeding from the Song without needing permission from the owners.
My first time trying for a breed so just want to double check.
Open means fully open don't have to contact people? correct!?
If a song says OPEN, ANYONE may use them without permission.

If it says Semi-Open, read the description of the song and see who requires permission. Majority of the time the stallion will be available but it is up to you to contact the mare... Just be sure to read the information.

^_^ You are welcome to my sams Bighorns! Let me know if any strike your fancy ^^ <3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Bighorns - Yes. An Open Song requires no permission whatsoever. ^^ It'd also be good to check out Semi-Open Songs too, as many of them have at least one completely Open pair (the Song of the Golden Empire, for instance, in which both Flicker and Trail are open to breed but Spirit is not).

Again, though, almost everyone on here would gladly welcome the use of their Sams for breeding, they just want to know who is using them. :3
Bighorns
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Bighorns »

Thank you both for your time to help me with this breeding information. Will keep all in mind from you both. Thank you
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Ok... I do have a question. I am trying to understand the pairs being used deal.... Does this only mean for a set PAIR or can the stallion have more... So in essence..:

Can a stallion have multiple babies in one breeding season/session with different mares?

I always thought if he was used with one lady, he cant be with another one... >.<;;
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

RikkuGirl wrote:Ok... I do have a question. I am trying to understand the pairs being used deal.... Does this only mean for a set PAIR or can the stallion have more... So in essence..:

Can a stallion have multiple babies in one breeding season/session with different mares?

I always thought if he was used with one lady, he cant be with another one... >.<;;
He can! I don't have time to look right now but I'm pretty sure there's been at least one breeding season where a stallion has had multiple foals with different mares :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

November breeding draw!

Post by Janalee »

It happened last November for sure- all the Northern mares have the same sire, but two different dams. ^_^
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Breeding draw discussion

Post by Sushidragon »

Just moving the non-form posts to a different thread to keep things tidy :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Re: Breeding draw discussion

Post by Codress »

Heyo all ^_^ just wanted to ask the masses if anyone can get a hold of Pathos and AsaraDragon another way then just mail on here by chance? I have mailed but not sure if they get the stuff in their regular mails?! o.< I really want to use one of their sams if able but if not I have a back up plan. ^_^ Thank you if you are able to help. HUGGLES ^_^

All the pairs look so awesoemness can't wait to see which get picked!! ^_^ *looks at all the pretties!*

Also anyone that wants to use any of my sams just let me know!
(Poem is only one that is on reserve)
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Codress wrote:Heyo all ^_^ just wanted to ask the masses if anyone can get a hold of Pathos and AsaraDragon another way then just mail on here by chance? I have mailed but not sure if they get the stuff in their regular mails?! o.< I really want to use one of their sams if able but if not I have a back up plan. ^_^ Thank you if you are able to help. HUGGLES ^_^

All the pairs look so awesoemness can't wait to see which get picked!! ^_^ *looks at all the pretties!*

Also anyone that wants to use any of my sams just let me know!
(Poem is only one that is on reserve)
Both are on PI sissy :) <3333 Idk if they have been on there for a while, but, I do know they are both there. Try shooting them a message on PI
My Sams!

Toxick711
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Any with Rainbow

Post by Toxick711 »

Help!
For the pair I chose (Song of the Tarnished Elements):
It says only 1 mare needs permission (A mystic) and it's not Iridescence. Should I choose another pair?? It is a Semi-Open Song with very little description of permissions.

I don't want to get into trouble for picking something I shouldn't. I really like that pair. What should I do? Help? Anyone?
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Toxick - That means all the Sams in that Song besides Mystic are Open for breeding. You're fine. :3
Toxick711
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Any with Rainbow

Post by Toxick711 »

Bluestarwolf12 wrote:Toxick - That means all the Sams in that Song besides Mystic are Open for breeding. You're fine. :3

OK! Thank you very much Bluestarwolf12!