White Elephant 2014

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

White Elephant 2014

Post by SilverDapples »

A fresh layer of snow coats the ground as various sets of footprints mark the path of gathering samanayrs. Atop a hill stands Mystic of the Gentle Taiga, eyeing the gathering masses. To her left is a towering pile of presents waiting to be opened, just as it was the year before, when she herself was in a box of her own. Her keen gaze settles on a pair of yearlings attempting to creep up towards the boxes unnoticed, who immediately turn tail and disappear into the throng of merry samanayrs below.
I have the extreme pleasure to run the third annual White Elephant gift game! White Elephants are a popular party game, but of course we’re doing things a little differently on the forums. Sign-ups are open from now until Saturday December 13 at 5:00 PM Pacific. Twelve players will be randomly selected from all the submitted forms. The game will start Sunday December 14 at 4:00 PM Pacific. Active participation is key so please only sign up if you will be available at this time. I will have a list of players up as soon as they’re decided!

How the game will be played:
  • Before the game begins I will take a roll-call. If a player is not in attendance I’ll make the call for standby players to take their place.
  • The twelve players will be randomly numbered off and I will post the list of twelve wrapped presents. The first player has their choice of presents from the pile, but they don’t get to unwrap it yet.
  • Once a player has made their selection I will repost the list and successive players will have their choice of presents from the pile or they can steal a present from another player!
  • If a present is stolen from you, you can either steal from a different player (no steal-backs) or chose another present from the pile.
  • A warning though, the wrapping paper is delicate and may tear apart during theft! If this happens the thief receives the contents of the present, it cannot be stolen from them.
  • The game ends when all the presents from the pile have been selected. All the presents will open to reveal their contents!

To enter please PM SilverDapples with the subject “White Elephant”. Forms sent to Sushidragon may get lost.

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Do you understand that active participation is required for this game, and if you are not online and ready to play at the start of the game your spot may be offered to another user?[/b]
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Re: White Elephant 2014

Post by SilverDapples »

The Presents!

Image Brown with a Burgundy Bow this pristine package sits near the top of the pile.
Image Viridian with a Mint Green Bow the wrapping paper appears to be wet and sliding off of the box itself.
Image Teal with a Pink Bow this package seems to have been wrapped with care, and lots of extra tape.
Image Violet with a Gold Bow this package tediously teeters from its spot atop another present.
Image White with a Robin's Egg Blue Bow both package and ribbon are speckled with the other's colors.
Image Red with a Lime Green Bow the ribbon atop this package makes it hard to look at for long periods of time.
Image Lavender with a Rose Bow the package radiates with a warm and inviting aura to all who look at it.
Image Peach with a Green Bow the wrapping paper appears to be made of velvet, and is extremely soft to the touch.
Image Light Grey with a Navy Blue Bow the bow appears to be slightly tattered, as though it were used before.
Image Kiwi with a Tangerine Bow the edges of this box have all been crushed.
Image Lemon Yellow with an Eggplant Bow the wrapping paper shimmers slightly on this oddly rounded box.
Image Forest Green with a Light Grey Bow this present shudders every so often and is sitting apart from the rest of the presents.
Last edited by SilverDapples on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

The Players!

1. kodai
2. hardwired (taken by LvSoulFriend)
3. Puuka
4. tbiris
5. Seren (taken by Willow)
6. Operetta
7. ElvenArcher
8. CosmicDragon
9. White Mare of Mabon
10. kentouma (taken by tierasa)
11. Yildun
12. Jaes
Last edited by SilverDapples on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

The Results!
(not in any order)

1. Violet with a Gold Bow held by Willow
Fading of the Broken Rainbow

2. Lemon Yellow with an Eggplant Bow held by ElvenArcher
Birth of the Phoenix Flame

3. Light Grey with a Navy Blue Bow held by tbiris
Void of Vivid Darkened Dreams

4. Peach with a Green Bow held by Yildun
Bringer of Sweet Rain

5. Viridian with a Mint Green Bow held by tierasa
Music of the Rainforest Mist

6. Teal with a Pink Bow held by Operetta
Gleam of Primary Colors

7. White with a Robin's Egg Blue Bow held by White Mare of Mabon

8. Brown with a Burgundy Bow held by Kodai

9. Lavender with a Rose Bow held by Puuka

10. Kiwi with a Tangerine Bow held by CosmicDragon

11. Forest Green with a Light Grey Bow held by LvSoulFriend

12. Red with a Lime Green Bow held by Jaes
Last edited by SilverDapples on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Post by Yildun »

Ooooooh! This looks like so much fun! I must wait a day, to double-check my work schedule, but I should be home. I won't make my entry official until I know for sure, though. >_> ^_^;
Image Pony Island Image `'..'` Image Image `'..'` Image Dragon Cave Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I should be around... Unless I am moving! I should find out today if I get the apt. I wanted or not. :) So, I should send my entry in after I know that ^.^ <333

Omg... looks like fun! I missed last years, so to get in on this would be awesome!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

This is one of my favorite things every year. I can't wait.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

I'm so glad everyone is so excited for this game! Almost makes me wish there were more spots! I definitely looked forward to this game after the first year it was held, excitingly stressful, I think! XD And I hope you can make it Yildun!

Did you get the apartment Rikku??
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I dont know yet 8( They havent txt or called so I still dont know. Hopefully I'll find out today and it will be a good birthday... ^^; We can only hope! If not, I'll just keep looking! ^^ Cant wait for sunday for this white elephant, going to be so much fun!
My Sams!

SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

The RNG gods have spoken! The list of players has been updated for the order that everyone will be going in tomorrow. I encourage anyone who wasn't chosen to come, in case someone doesn't show up and they still would like to play.

I'm going to be online and post a small 'reminder' that the game is in X number of minutes, anyone who is around 15/20 minutes before the game is scheduled to start is welcome to start posting whether or not they're here and ready to play. If anyone on the list hasn't checked in 10 minutes after the scheduled start time, I'll start taking anyone on standby.

So see you guys tomorrow!!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Can't wait to play!
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Yildun »

I meant to reply before PMing and forgot. But yay! The RNG likes me. I'm on the list. :D

I'll be here with bells on. I can't wait to see what everything is. All of the presents have a C stat over a thousand... XD (Bad PI joke, sorry.)
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Yay I'm on the list! :D

This will be my first time playing Samanayrs White Elephant. I am excited.

I will be posting from my phone though, so my replies might be a little slow :)
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

Congrats you guys. I'll be here to watch the fun. This is the first year I haven't gotten to play.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Ooooooh, how exciting! 8D *runs off to set her alarm clock*
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

ooooo so much fun!! goodluck guys!! I will be around to watch. If no one shows, id be happy to jump in lol. <3333

good luck again guys!!
My Sams!

Yildun
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Yildun »

*waits patiently* :I
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

30 minutes till we are starting!

Plus I nearly died by chair, I'd stay the night is starting off pretty awesomely!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Death by... Chair? How did you manage that, Dap?? XD
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

I'm so glad you asked! This chair I have is totally unstable when you lean backwards, it kind of throws you all the way back rather than be nice and gentle and slow. I leaned off to the side to pick up my pen and it lurched to the side (silly me, I didn't realize it moved a smidge to the side too), so of course, graceful as I am, jerk up and back and the chair sent me backwards real fast that I nearly fell out of it. Smooth right? X'D
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

I'm here!!

I thought I wasn't going to make it. haha XD
We had to go feed our horses and I was afraid the troughs were going to be frozen, but they weren't so... Yay! :D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
tbiris
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by tbiris »

I'm going to have fun juggling. XD -fingers crossed for stealing before her turn-

I'll be driving for a portion after the start due to a change in plans (Probably until half past but I'll be parked for a segment too. Ugh dads ruining plans XD). But otherwise I'll probably be a horrible person and be on my phone during dinner >><<
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Right! 10 minutes till starting time, and another 10 till check ins are closed!

*shakes fist* Plan-changers!
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Yildun »

SilverDapples wrote:I'm so glad you asked! This chair I have is totally unstable when you lean backwards, it kind of throws you all the way back rather than be nice and gentle and slow. I leaned off to the side to pick up my pen and it lurched to the side (silly me, I didn't realize it moved a smidge to the side too), so of course, graceful as I am, jerk up and back and the chair sent me backwards real fast that I nearly fell out of it. Smooth right? X'D
That sounds terrifying. I'm glad the only problems that I really have with mine involve one of the cats stealing it from me when I get up. :O

Still, definitely a good luck sign! You know, like telling someone "break a leg." ;D
tbiris wrote:I'm going to have fun juggling. XD -fingers crossed for stealing before her turn-

I'll be driving for a portion after the start due to a change in plans (Probably until half past but I'll be parked for a segment too. Ugh dads ruining plans XD). But otherwise I'll probably be a horrible person and be on my phone during dinner >><<
Sams are worth it! Just be careful while driving. :O
Willow
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Willow »

*grabs some popcorn* I've never been around for one of these before, I'm looking forward to it ^__^
~ Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ~