Were-Oquiesa

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Were-Oquiesa

Post by silvermoondragon »

Congratulations FoxyJhai! You are the winner. Please let me know which of the big prizes you would like, and which of the smaller prizes(fresh meat or bite of the were-oquiesa) you would like.

Everyone else, please let me know which of the smaller prizes(fresh meat or bite of the were-oquiesa) you would like, and since we have a prize for everyone, we will go prize pot style. I'll just go down the list in order of when people were out of the game and you can pick from the remaining prizes. For those out at the same time, Random.org will determine the order.

And for all those curious, here's the list of who had what roles:

Rush(SilverDapples) – were-oquiesa
Delicacy(FoxyJhai) – were-oquiesa
Hunter(Bluestarwolf12) – mystery
Wrath(Origami_Dragon) – storyteller
Fall(PoisonedPromise) – sibyl
Strike(Rythe) - Samanayr
Spark(ElvenArcher) – guard
Unnamed(Orca) – Samanayr
Tortoise(Amazondreamer) – song leader
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

((That was so much fun! Thank you so so much for the game, Silver! x3 Hunter's beating himself up a bit for not thinking it was the quiet one. |D Congrats on the win, Foxy! :D

"Gah! I should've known! It's always the quiet ones! >_<"

I'd like the Bite of the Were-Oquiesa, please! Out of curiosity, do those with the bite have any control over themselves when they're Oquiesas, or would they pose a serious danger to those around them? And can they transform at other times aside from the full moon? Or any other details that might be relevant in future RP scenarios? :3))
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Damn it. :/ The many trials of being an on-call animal rescuer... I had to attend a rescue and missed the whole thing! I'm so sorry I couldn't post and let you guys know I wouldn't be here. Looks like it was awesome fun! I'll have to go back through and read later. Congrats winners!

On a positive note, I have two wombat babies in my care now, so it was for a good reason. <3
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

*collapses* Wow, that was intense. But so much fun! I'm surprised I managed to pull it off. Sorry I couldn't save you SilverDapples.

As for prizes, I'd like the Were-oquiesa Sam. I love all the prizes, but I feel its fitting. And I'll take a Bite of the Were-Oquiesa for the small prize.

ETA: Congrats on the babies, Cosmic!
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

The relief of being set free and pleasant surprise of not being bitten while stuck in the cave have managed to dampen Strike's temper. He wandered over to Hunter looking only appreciably annoyed, "Yes, yes you should have."

((Or pretend that's in OOC land. :P And here I was so convinced it was Hunter for turning on Strike like that, with all the wonderful storytelling to throw us off...

Sorry you missed it, CosmicDragon, but noble cause indeed!

Aaand Bite of the Were-Oquiesa for me too.))
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Thanks so much for playing everyone, you guys are all awesome RPers, even those of you trying it for the first time! It was great seeing the story develop from my side knowing who was who, and I hope all of you had just as much fun playing and watching things progress. Hopefully this was enjoyed enough that maybe someone else might host it again so I can play XD

@Origami_Dragon - Now that is the question isn't it? I guess that's where the Bite of the Were-Oquiesa item comes in XD

@Bluestarwolf12 - I think you should be able to choose how you want to use the transformation. In the game of course I was restricted by the game mechanics but in other RPs you can be free to use it as you see fit. Perhaps the healer's potion to wake the sleeping Samanayrs worked differently on some Samanayrs than others. Oquiesa's can be trained so I would think the were-oquiesa would have some control while transformed. Also, since the were-oquiesa's came out every night in the game, a full moon isn't necessary, but perhaps brings on a transformation that can't be controlled?

@CosmicDragon - aww, sorry you missed out, but squee wombat babies! That sounds waaaaay cooler! Do you have pictures?
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by PoisonedPromise »

Fall and I failed you all as a Sybl! That is seriously the first time I have come up with a name for a Sam that quickly... I might have to use it on a future Sam.

Hmmm... what to pick? The idea of an Oqui pet is cool, buuut, I think I am going to be like everyone else so far. I choose, Bite of the Were-Oquiesa.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Ok, so the rest of the order for prizes are as follows, go ahead and select your prize once the person above you has chosen:

Bluestarwolf12
Origami_Dragon
SilverDapples
PoisonedPromise
Rythe
amazondreamer
ElvenArcher
Orca
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

I'll second the call for pictures of your new fosterlings Cosmic! Sorry you weren't able to make it though.

For my prize I'd go with fresh meat, I don't think any of my sam crew would be too keen on monthly changes.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Aww...sorry you missed the game Cosmic, but at least the babies are safe.

And being the Storyteller put a few odd little twists into Wrath's story here. The words I had to work with were, in order; snowflake, starfish, thorn, and rainbow. Starfish was definitely the most interesting to work into a post.

Also, I'm going to go with a Bite of the Were-Oquiesa for my participation prize please! So much potential to play with there... Just have to decide if I want to use it on Wrath who seems in no hurry to join a Song, or hang onto it for a bit. Not sure how her bit of magic from dad would react to a were's bite, or if her dad can do anything about residual impact if she approaches him. I never have been quite sure what Rend's magic is exactly.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

((::Chuckles:: That did make for some odd moments, Ori! Quite inventive and fun character you wrote, though, and that list almost makes me glad it was you rather than me to have to work them in. I'm a slow enough writer as it is, and was already cutting down some flair for Strike without having to work grabbag words in. >.<))
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Just made it home. After the emergency (which turned out Not an emergency, just my 10 year old cousins birthday dinner.) We had to leave to come home home. *Sigh* I have no idea why a dinner is labeled an emergency for my family, but oh well. I am sorry I missed everything. I will go back and read everything though. :D

Congrats to the winner. :D

Not sure which participation prize I want... I will go read about them again and decide.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

((Whoo, way to go everyone! I've been on and off and it's been a lot of fun watching the story develop :D Need to read the whole thread sometime soon!

And a huge thank you to silvermoondragon for running the event!))
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

That Rider girl is far too gorgeous and tempting to resist, so I would like her, please! x3

Oh gosh, I can't wait to play with the new WereOquiesa side of Hunter now. When he was tiny he always wanted to be an Oquiesa himself, though I'm not quite sure how he feels about that anymore |D I hope he and O'Qui will still be able to recognize each other when he's transformed... We'll just have to wait and see! 83

That was definitely some skillful tie in of those words, Ori! I really loved how you portrayed Wrath's character. x3

Thank you again for the fantastic game, Silvermoondragon <333
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Wrath says she wants to take this fellow home and train him to recognize were-Oquiesas by scent so that next time she'll know.

She also wants someone to tell her how to get home...perhaps Hunter knows since he actually traveled here.

And thanks guys, Wrath's a fun character to play, even if she doesn't come out too often. She may be a bit...unhinged, but that's part of her charm. Who else declares a Sa'krien they just met, who may or may not see them as dinner, to be their new best friend? (Madness has no clue what to think of this and so far is just going with it to see what Wrath does next; she's not going to believe this story when Wrath finally makes it home to share...)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Foxy I'm so proud of you TAT

I'd love this one
(so cute)
and Fresh Meat!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

I love the other guest artist Oquis, but I think I will snag one of the Sushi Semi-Custom Oquiesa tokens, please. :)
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Then I will grab the other semi-custom token. Those three Oquis are so very tempting (Such a fan of the AWD coat colors and patterns, also very much so for the expression and fuzziness of 014 too), but I have plans for this little item. <.<
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

This darling will be coming home with me then :D
Thanks to silver and sushi all the fab guest artists! That prize pool was amazingly adorable! And thanks to all the awesome players- I hope to see more events like this to come ^_^
Image Image Image Image Image
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Oh my turn :D

Tough decision but I think I'll pick this one

I believe she is still available hahaha XD

And Bite of the Were-Oquiesa.

Thanks for letting me join in the fun. Even though I had to leave I get to pick a prize from the pot. Thank you very much and hopefully next time I'll get to stay. :/
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Which leaves silvermoondragon's soul gazing AWD Oqui for Orca. What a handsome first for you, Orca, congratulations! :)
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats everyone! :) That seemed like fun! I hope you had an amazing time. Congrats on those awesome pups!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats everyone! :) That seemed like fun! I hope you had an amazing time. Congrats on those awesome pups!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AranelSaraphim
Mystic
Mystic

Post by AranelSaraphim »

Can I tell you how annoyed and upset with myself I was that I forgot about this? I remembered about an hour after start time and there was already a bunch of pages, so I didn't say anything. Ugh. My medication makes me so absent minded. Should have written a note. Ah well.

Anyway, congrats everyone! That looked like it was a lot of fun!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

That looked like a ton of fun; I'm sorry I missed it! Awesome job, guys! And congrats to the winners!