Were-Oquiesa

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Re: Were-Oquiesa

Post by amazondreamer »

((Glad to have you in the game Orca, albeit briefly! Hope ya stick around for more Sams fun XD))
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

((It was great meeting you Orca! ))
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by PoisonedPromise »

((Hope we didn't scare you off forever, Orca! Thanks for joining, however brief it was))

Fall shivered at the words from the mysterious Sam being led into the cave. She hoped his words weren't true, but a feeling deep down made her suspect that they were all in for a bad night.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Strike watched the unknown Sam be imprisoned in the cave. His idea, his burden to see it through. Unease slunk around inside him despite it all. It couldn't be this easy, could it?
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((As the night goes on and we wait for the were-oquiesas to choose their next victim, I will reveal the participation prizes! We have two items to choose from:

Bite of the Were-Oquiesa: When equipped, all offspring will receive one of the following traits: furred ears, clawed paws, wolf tail, fangs. Also, for roleplay/character building purposes, this Samanayr can turn into an Oquiesa during a full moon.

Fresh Meat: This one use item ensures the foal will have an Oquiesa pet

They don't have an image yet but you may choose one or the other as a participation prize. ))
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

As the sun rises, the Samayars realize they may have confined the wrong person the previous day as poor Strength of the Adamant Tortoise(amazondreamer) is found deep in slumber with the same mysterious bite mark. Uh oh, what will everyone do now?

((Thanks for playing amazondreamer!))
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

((D'oh! Good game everyone, I'll keep tabs to see how this plays out. Best of luck to everyone. Thanks for running this silver! It was heaps of fun XD))
Image Image Image Image Image
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Fall gasped as she saw the prone figure of another Sam. Oh no, now what were they going to do?!

"We chose wrong" she wailed, and stamped her her feet in anger.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

So much for promises, Strike thought glumly as he looked down upon poor Strength of the Adamant Tortoise. The stallion cursed himself silently, once for doubting the old stallion and a few more times for being that naive. Thoughts and questions and worries had wound themselves around his mind all night long, and the lack of sleep showed, but determination held in his eyes too. He turned away from the fallen to seek out Rush of the Joyful Earth.

"I may not have seen it yesterday, but I was watching. Of all of us, you showed the least concern, the least fear, the least worry. You even dared to smile as this curse swept through us. You are that curse," Strike accused. Rush would be his choice for the cave next ((SilverDapples)).
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Rush awoke and saw the form of Tortoise lying where he slept and gasped. They had put the wrong Samanayr in the cave and someone suffered for it. How could she smile when this had happened? Her wings fluttered anxiously on her back as she looked around. "What do we do? We can't choose wrong again.."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Ooh, participation prizes look fun! And thanks for playing orca and amazon.))

Yawning and stretching and wincing slightly at bruises from her fall the day before, Wrath wandered out, hoping to finally get some answers today and maybe figure out how to get home. Already she had a great story to tell her dad the next time she saw him. And maybe Rend would have some answers about were-oquiesas. After all, they seemed magic. And he was magic. So he should know, right?

Her good mood dropped off abruptly as she looked around and saw, once more, Sams beginning to gather around a fallen companion. Head drooping she walked over and nosed hopelessly at Strength. "Noooo...we locked the yrunneyr away...why ayre you sleeping too? Ayre weyre-oquiesas like that funny thing I saw at the beach? If you cut its leg off it gyrew back? But we didn't cut off any..." She paused, looking confused at herself. No...why would these strange beasts be like starfish? Wouldn't they be more like the oquiesas they were named for? "Eyrr...no...maybe they yrun in packs? Yes, that's what I meant." Anyways...most Sams didn't seem to like the idea of cutting off bits of things, even if they did grow back.

She scratched anxiously at the ground, her spiked foot digging a trench in the loosely packed ground. Then she looked up abruptly, eyes darkening as she scanned the crowd for a certain face. Where was the skin-wearer? He spoke of experience with Oquiesa. Was that from hunting them...or being them?

((And yes, to Tortoise's early suspicion...for backstory purposes, Wrath does have a bit of Sa'krien blood; her mother's grandfather. She also has a Demon Elemental for a father.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Shock slammed into Rush's chest as she looked at the sharp stallion. Her dark eyes were wide at the accusation. "I- I understand why you would think that. I just... I thought that we would have caught the were-Oquiesa all together as a group, and with everyone being so unhappy, I thought being happy would help. I can see where that might not be right." A heavy sigh escaped her as her wings drooped. "I just don't want to see this happen again, and being so upset is hard for me to deal with..." She looked up to meet Strike's eyes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Hunter looked upon the newly prone Samanayr and closed his eyes, bowing his head mournfully. "As I feared... We chose incorrectly. Or, perhaps, there is more than one as the spiked one said. Oquiesa like to run in packs, it would only make sense if this were also true of were-Oquiesa."

He looked sadly around the group, trying to imagine each one as that dreaded monster. He knew the danger of a beast with a taste for Samanayr blood, and it could well be any of these unsuspecting Sams.

They needed to pick someone else.

"Or perhaps it is you, Strike, so quick to make accusations, to pull the blame away from yourself," he said, eyes narrowing at the stallion accosting the grey mare.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Strike whirled at Hunter's words and struck the ground with the bone spade of his tail. Anger flashed in his eyes and curled his lip, "I should be accusing you, Hunter! You're only here to see this happen to us! You claimed to have protected our kin from oquiesa before, but so far you just stand back and watch as I do what you won't. Why is that? Do you enjoy our suffering so?"
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

Upon learning of the fate of Tortoise, Delicacy's guilt at the possibility of confining an innocent sam only grew. "Oh no, poor Tortoise." she moaned softly.

Hearing Hunter's thoughts Delicacy didn't want them to be true. But he wears an Oquiesa skin, so he must have knowledge of them, right?

"I'm sorry, Strike, but I think Hunter's right..." She voices quietly, her voice fading away.
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rush was thankful for the odd looking, pelted stallion's interjection. And when he spoke those words about the red stallion in front of her, it dawned on her. "That's right!" She stepped back to put some space between her and Strike. The stallion had gotten angry very quickly, why? Did he even know the first one to be bitten? Did that mean that it was all a show to sweep them up in his wave and follow what he had to say? If he was the were-Oquiesa then he could be fooling them all like that "Strike, you seem far more suspicious than Hunter right now." She nodded her head towards the pelted stallion to show her gratitude as she moved just a bit further from reach, worried at what the stallion might do next.
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Fall jumped between the two angry stallions and laid her ears back at them. "Ugh, stop, stop the fighting! You are both just upsetting everyone else even more!" She lashed her tail at them both, trying not to voice her own suspicions. She still wasn't quite certain of the real Were, but Hunter did have a point about Strike's need to throw accusations around... no no, she couldn't be sure of anyone right now!
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Hunter's lip curled at the returned accusation. But of course someone so riled up and jumpy would retaliate upon being accused. And someone truly guilty would naturally bristle at having their attempted redirect turned right back on them. He moved to stand between the angry stallion and Rush. "What would you rather we do then? Begin hurling every last Samanayr here that looks at someone wrong into that cave? What would that accomplish, exactly? When dealing with a regular Oquisea, at least you know who and what your enemy is, but what now, when telling victim and predator apart is nigh impossible?"

"Right now... your anger appears to be the greatest threat to us all, Strike."
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Spotting Hunter, Wrath prepared herself to go after him, then stopped as he and Strike set upon each other in a verbal battle. She paused, thoughtfully digging the trench in the ground deeper as she listened to the stallions. Anyone familiar with her would know that thinking wasn't exactly her strong point, but she was thinking now. She didn't want to see more Sams fall into sleep forever (and being unfamiliar with the concept of a were, it never occurred to her that they might one day wake up as weres themselves). And to make sure no one else fell asleep they had to make sure they put the right Sam into the cave tonight. But how to know who was the right Sam?

Stomping her foot and snorting in frustration at the situation she found herself in (and sending a few clumps of dirt flying away from the sharp spike), Wrath looked up at all of them. Her head turned back and forth between the two stallions, eyeing each in turn. "Why ayre we fighting? I like fighting too...but now isn't the time! Even mom would see that!" Never mind that she had been about to launch into an attack herself before the two stallions had gotten into one instead. "Why does Syrike know about caves and sealing Sams in anyways? Maybe you'yre all yright. Maybe we should put Styrike in them tonight. Maybe that's wheyre he lives anyways."
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

And with that, the last vote was given for Strike(Rythe) to be confined to the caves. Did the group manage to confine a were-oquiesa and if so was he the only one? Only the night would tell.

Ok, we are now entering the night phase. Once again, those of you needing to send me a pm please do so, and those needing to receive a pm I will get to those in a few minutes.

((Also, Sushi's just added two semi-custom Oquiesa tokens to the prize pool, so it looks like everyone will be getting a big prize as well as one of the participation prizes, Thanks again Sushi!))

((Thanks for playing Rythe!))
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Strike took a step back as all their eyes turn on him. Anger rose behind his clenched teeth then he released it with a simple breath. "Fine, but one more of you will be sleeping like poor Strength of the Adamant Tortoise here come tomorrow, perhaps even me in that cave as well. At least I tried." Thinly held contempt appeared on his face as he glared at Hunter one more time.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

((And thanks for putting this on SilverMoonDragon! ^^ Quite like the participation goodies on offer too.))
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

With a strange turn of events, the group awakes to no slumbering victim; however, they still can't shake the fact that the were-oquiesa problem is not yet over...
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

After waking the previous morning to Tortoise locked into slumber, and having arrived the day before that to a stranger discovered in the same state, it almost felt wrong to wake this morning and find no one bitten. Wrath wasn't sure what to think of that, and spent some while roaming through the area, poking her nose into everyone's mane or ribs to test and see if they were awake. In short, she was acting like she had a thorn in her side about the current turn of events.

Finally, having poked everyone who was still present (some more than once), she stopped in the center of the clearing and glared around. "It doesn't feel yright. Wheyre's a magic tester when you need one? I wish dad was heyre...I bet he could tell who was magic changing eveyry night...and if they weyre still heyre oyr not. What now?"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rush was glad to see that the stallion, Hunter, was safe that morning. Part of her had been concerned with the way that the stallion Strike had smiled as he was being led away, it was... odd. But with no victim in sight, did that mean that he was the one they had been looking for? And if he wasn't, were the were-Oquiesa's biding their time, or did something go wrong? By now, Rush couldn't gather up a smile, there would be no way to know if they were safe unless another day passed by, and then the next...
"Morning," she said to the odd mare, listening to what she had to say and nodding some. "It is, but at least no one had to sleep - do you really think it's not over?"