Whoa, 300th forum member! Results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Whoa, 300th forum member! Results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Whoa, looks like we're at 300 members for the forum :D To celebrate I thought it'd be fun to give one of the Sam cards away for free to one lucky person who shares a favorite Samanayr memory!

I've had a lot of good times with Samanayrs and it's really hard for me to pin one memory down XD I have to say one of my favorite memories was starting them up again on PI (which was I guess 7 years ago now?!) after their extended hiatus and rediscovering the joy of creating unique adopts for everyone, watching the community grow and the numbers of Samanayrs go up year after year. You guys all keep me going and I'm so grateful for you all <3

(I guess this kind of turned into a Thanksgiving post for me too? XD)

As for the Sam, this was one of my favorites from the last batch and I know she'll find a good home with one of you :D

I'll be randomly selecting one winner for the Sam, but I wouldn't be surprised if some other prizes made their way in there too..

Rules and info

- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- If you win you'd like to receive the physical copy of the Sam card I will need your mailing address. If you don't want the physical copy of the card that's fine too!

To enter the draw, please respond to this post with the following form filled out:

Username:
A favorite Samanayrs memory:
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)?
If you win would you like the card mailed to you?

The draw will be open until October 15, 1pm PDT - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: Whoa, 300th forum member! Share your fave Sam memory!

Post by Jennalyn »

Username: Jennalyn
A favorite Samanayrs memory: There are too many. *__* But I remember that feeling of intense and utter satisfaction when you uploaded the Sam database to your server for the first time and it... like... worked. xD So gratifying, I can't even.
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? Please! (forum)
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Oh yah!
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Username: ElvenArcher
A favorite Samanayrs memory: oh boy... I think my favorite Sam memory is when I won my first Sam. It was from an animal mimic drawing (or something like that) and you couldn't post the same animal as somone else. I wanted to enter with my favorite animal, a giraffe, but someone had already posted a giraffe. So I chose one of my other favorite animals, an okapi. I remember seeing my name on this adorable okapi mimic Sam and just happily squealing to myself. Echo will always have a special place in my heart. I love him to death :) <3 *squishes Echo in a big hug*
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? No thanks. I will keep watch. I'd like to read these favorite memories. :)
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Yes please.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Username: Harroway
A favorite Samanayrs memory: Probably when Sushi agreed to do a semi-custom Starter Song based off of three oil paintings I had done. Song of the Journey's End is a celebratory Song for completing college. It was an extremely difficult time in my life being separated from family, escaping an abusive relationship, and having to really fend for myself. I made it a goal to have the Song be open so anyone could apply. It's such a joy to see how many foals they've made for people, and so easily!
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? Yes! (forum)
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Yes please!
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Username: Janalee
A favorite Samanayrs memory: Ach, I don'd know how everyone else managed to choose just one! :D Can I go with the holiday gift-o-ramas as a whole? It's about the only time when being an unemployed grad student was actually all right... *grins* I know it's a really time-intensive event, but I loved stalking the forum to see when gifts would be available. And the time someone gave me a Gold gift box...I may or may not have actually cried. I still can't really figure out why someone would have done that, but it made me feel so much better!
Ooh, or the day I became a Guest Artist! I still can't believe that happened, even if I suspect it's really just for my own enjoyment... :P But enjoy it I do!
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? That shouldn't be necessary! ^^
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Yes please! (Shocking answer, I know... XD) Thanks for the chance, and happy Thanksgiving!
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

Username: Puuka
A favorite Samanayrs memory: I have so many awesome Sam memories from the last seven (really? seven?!) years. I think my favorite is participating in the many Watch Sushi Draw Livestreams! I love hanging out in the chat with all of the awesome Sam people and watching new Samanayrs being made. I even won my second Sam in the very first one I joined, one of my most favorite! Healer of the Shattered Spirit
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? sure, Sam forum :D
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Absolutely! Please
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

A favorite Samanayrs memory: When I got my first sam! Waltz. She was a win in a game and was the first one to come with buttwings! :D YAY!! ^o^ I also remember when we did the RP event with Glints babies and I got my mischief! :3 -wiggles- So many fond memories.
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? Yes Sam Forum, I am trying to be back to a normal stalker but life is a bit taxing right now.
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Sure! :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Username: amazondreamer
A favorite Samanayrs memory: Oh geeze, I'd have to say my favorite memories were running the White Elephant gift games. Seeing everybody scrambling for presents and the endless rounds of stealing and re-stealing, but everyone remained cheerful and festive.
Close second would be getting my handsome devil Swell ^_^
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? No thanks
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Sure
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

Username: FoxyJhai
A favorite Samanayrs memory: I feel like I just joined, but at the same time I feel like so much has happened and I've loved every minute of it. But if I had to pick just one, it'd be either when I won my first sam, Minute, in the first event I ever participated in or breeding season and getting to see all the adorable babies and their gorgeous adult stages.
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? Yes, please. (forum)
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Of course!
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Username: Rythe
A favorite Samanayrs memory: My favorite Sam moment would have to be when I commissioned Sushi to do a pair of song-based Sams.

The two songs I picked were The Passing of the Blue Crown and Lost So Long. The former because it's my favorite forever and the latter because it's an interesting bit of wistfulness and melancholy.

Sushi turned them into Ascension of the Blue Crown and Misery of the Windswept Rain and completely sold me on this whole deal by doing so. Ascension remains everything I could have hoped for, and while Rain wasn't quite what I was expecting beforehand, he's entirely fitting to the song, has given me some good times on the RP forum, and I've gotten very fond of him.

There's a number of close seconds for a favorite memory, but I think the super secret mystery event tops that list. If I ever manage a next time for that sort of thing, Rain and Ascension might have some serious competition then. :P

Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? Nah
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Not at present
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Username: Echos
A favorite Samanayrs memory: I think my favorite samanayr memories come from the live streams. There was one stream which lead to lots of joking, silly doodles and eventually to asking sushi how many feather traits she could fit onto a sam. This resulted in the doodle of a ridiculous sam with only a head surrounded by a ball of feathers which sushi was kind enough to let me bribe into an actual sam :P
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? no
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? yes please
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Username: SilverDapples
A favorite Samanayrs memory: I find it hard to pick just one, because I have had so much fun with this site, and there are many things I find memorable for all different reasons. I think if I really try hard to pick I would have to say the first Christmas on here, participating in the cards and the events that were hosted. The second Christmas was almost just as good, I remember how much fun it was knitting little scarves for everyone's sam (and being flusterated at not making their pictures two sided but also too worried about getting them out on time to be too upset XD). That one was also fun because I got to help out Seren with her cards too (I supplied the string, LOL).
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)? No thank you :p
If you win would you like the card mailed to you? Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Username: silvermoondragon
A favorite Samanayrs memory: oh probably getting chosen as a guest artist. Sushi had been my art idol since I saw her art in the art show at VCon so being selected as a guest artist was just awesome. Also I love running the races and coming up with new ways to do them.
Would you like to be PMed if you win (please specify PI or Sam forum)?
no I'll be here
If you win would you like the card mailed to you?
sure, that would be awesome!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Sorry to take so long wrapping this up, and thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful Samanayr memories! They were so wonderful to read through and brought back nice memories for me as well :D

Random has spoken and Summer will be going home with RikkuGirl - congrats!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: Whoa, 300th forum member! Results!

Post by ElvenArcher »

Congrats Rikkugirl! :)
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

CONGRATS SIDER!!!! ^_^ very cutie. ^_^ *clapps excitedly*
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

Congrats, RikkuGirl!
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

^.^ Thank you so much guys!!! I really appreciate the love. I enjoy Sams so much. This special little lady is going to be a big deal for me. :) She couldnt have come at a better time. Thank you so much! <333 Too many fond memories on this site to list them all. I just hope there will be many many more. <3 Sorry for being MIA lately guys. Thank you! <333
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Awwww look at this adorable poofball! Congrats Rikkugirl!