Elementally awesome - results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Elementally awesome - results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Incandecense has gathered quite the crowd as he holds court at a small hot spring at the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings, an impressive sight with the light from his substantial flames reflecting and dancing on his golden armor and adornments.
At his side stands an earth Elemental filly, her head held high as she preens with the attention she's garnered as the stallion's companion.
Once a sufficient crowd has gathered, the stallion raises his head and stomps a hoof for silence, which falls quickly.

"During my travels I came across this youngling, lost and abandoned with no memory of her family. Although we searched for her Song we were unable to locate it, and as far as I could tell, no other Samanayrs had been in the area recently.

"She is an earth Elemental, but we do not yet know if her affinity lies with plant or stone, or both." He smiles down at the filly fondly, who beams back. "What we do know is she will be raised as I was, to become a Tribal Elemental.

"Although I will remain her mentor as she grows, she does need a home with other Samanayrs, Tribal or not."

"Why not raise her yourself?" someone calls from the group, anonymous in the shadows. Incandecense gazes in the direction of the voice, his expression neutral but his eyes blazing. He opens his mouth to speak but the filly beats him to it, her voice rising clearly.

"Father Flame said I could stay with him, but he needs a Lady Flame and I need to not be going for a bit."

After a murmur of confusion, Incandencese clarifies: "I am just beginning my search for mares and do not yet have a home territory, and she would prefer to stay with a stable family while I build my own. She has been very emphatic about her desire to be 'not going,'" he says, with a fond smile for the filly.

The word has gone out: before the end of the Festival and New Spring, Incandecense and "Little Earth" would like to find a home for her.

--

"Little Earth" is a multi-stage growing Sam, the first one in a very long time XD; Here's everything you need to know about them:

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1752

If you'd like a chance to bring Little Earth home, all you need to do is tell her all about the home you'd be bringing her to! She's looking for a family so a Song would probably be her best bet, although she might be willing to head out with the right single Sam.

Just describe the Samanayr(s) she would be living with and their home, hot spring or otherwise. I'll be narrowing it down to three finalists and then randomly choosing a winner from the top three!

Rules and info

- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- I won't be reading entries until the event is over so you can edit your entry before then if you want to.
- If you adopt Little Earth you can decide if she's plant- or stone/metal/etc-oriented, or both.
- You should own at least one Samanayr, since Little Earth is looking for at least one parent. She will not be considered an official part of their Song as far as the database goes but will consider them her adopted parent.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, editing (check your spelling and punctuation!), and suitability for Little Earth.
- You can include visuals with your entry but please include a written description too! You can be as detailed or as vague as you'd like.
- You can enter this event even if you have a multi-stage Sam that isn't grown.

Everyone who enters will receive a random modiem and there will be an extra prize for the other two finalists as well :D

To enter, just send me a PM with the subject "For Little Earth". No form to fill out, just include your description! The event will be open until April 26, 10am PDT.

Good luck, have fun, and I hope this inspires you to flesh out your own Samanayrs' stories, if that's the kind of thing you like to do!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Re: Elementally awesome - descriptive writing fun!

Post by amazondreamer »

Okay super excited for this event! So glad to see another growing sam!

Question though- are entries to be posted in this thread or as pms?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oops, entries should be PMed XD
Image Image

Allihandra
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Allihandra »

*blows out cheecks* Pfooff! That was a prattling PM. Good luck to all the entrants!
"Don't be lasagna" - 12th doctor
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

*screeches into thread*
WELP, that was cutting it fine, oh my gods. XD But I suppose it didn't help that I changed my mind half-way through, lol- originally I was gonna write for Echo... But then I actually started and;

((Despite his gruff, stoic front, Echo is a stallion who cares very deeply about things, and can never stand by when someone needs help. Because of his... Proclivities, he knows he will never have foals of his own and therefore shifts a lot of that parental care onto the other little ones he meets. He's basically that one grouchy uncle that everyone knows who is constantly complaining about how 'kids these days wouldn't know what to do without their devices glued to their faces' but would still drive halfway across the country just to be there for your birthday, or threaten to beat up your ex when you have your first breakup. He can be a bit overprotective, but always in a grouchy, roundabout way that doesn't leave you feeling controlled.

He lives in a cluster of rocky ruins, long worn away from any resemblance of form, that have collapsed partially into a flooded cave system beneath. The water is fresh and pure, and though not as hot as a normal hotspring, is heated just enough by the shifting earth beneath as to be pleasantly warm and encourage an explosion of growth. As he is on his own, Echo doesn't claim a very large amount of the surrounding land as his territory; really only what he absolutely needs to forage for himself... He would, of course, expand this if he had another little mouth to feed.

... If you've ever watched Gravity Falls, he's pretty much Stan without the 'criminal' aspect. XD))
I can't let a 'Grunkle Stan' Sam take care of a kid long term, OML. So I changed to someSam completely different.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I got quite the flurry of entries at the end there! ;D I'll start reading through them tonight and should have the results before the end of the weekend!
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The end of the festival has arrived, capped with a dazzling sunset as Samanayrs start to depart the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings singly and in groups.

Incandecense and Little Earth have spent the past few days circulating and discussing, listening carefully as Samanayrs describe their homes and hopes that Little Earth will join them. The stallion and the foal spend their last day deep in conversation before finally approaching Study of the Sepia Past and Dawning of a New Epoch.

"Let's go to the library!" Little Earth shouts without any preamble, and Incandecense looks down at her with pleasure and pride.

--

There were many tempting offers that caught Little Earth's eyes, and she (and I!) sincerely enjoyed reading everyones' descriptions and little stories :D In the end we narrowed it down to amazondreamer, Janalee, and CosmicDragon, and random decided that Little Earth would be heading home with amazondreamer - congrats!
But that's not all! I did promise more prizes, didn't I? ;D I planned to finding homes for a couple of my Sams that I would really like to go to someone who I thought would actually do something with them instead of just sitting in my database account XD; Random also decided who would be going with who!
Incandecense will be finding a new home with Janalee..
..and Hope of the Heart's Flame will be finding a new home with CosmicDragon.

Congrats to the three winners, and thanks again to everyone for your wonderful entries :D
Image Image

FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Re: Elementally awesome - results!

Post by FoxyJhai »

Congrats you guys!
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Congrats guys!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Congrats all!
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Eeeee! *dances everywhere* I've been desperately debating if any of my Songless mares had a chance of asking Incandescence to form a Song for a while now, but to actually give him a home... ^__^ Thanks so, so much Sushi! And congrats to Amazon and Cosmic as well! I can't wait to see how Little Earth's story plays out now. :D
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Oh man I'm in shock. Thank you so much!! Study and Dawning will definitely have their hooves full with Little Earth. Congrats to Janalee and Cosmic - those are some seriously handsome fellas!
Image Image Image Image Image
Allihandra
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Allihandra »

Huge congrats winners!
"Don't be lasagna" - 12th doctor
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Congrats all!!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Congrats winners! The sams are beautiful!
CareBear89
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by CareBear89 »

Congrats