Celebration! (Open to all)

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Celebration! (Open to all)

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Well, after Jenn's lovely scavenger hunt, I suggested in the thread that an aftermath RP might be fun and people seemed to agree. Sooo...I'm starting one! This is open to all, regardless of it you participated in Jenn's event. After all, there were a ton more Sams gathering to celebrate than chose to go hunting for their gifts. Does your Sam want to come join the party? Bring them on in! The more the merrier!

There is no plot to this or prizes or anything, it's just a fun little RP to follow up after the searchers returned with their gifts. So have fun! Feel free to start up little gatherings in other places than the hotspring Chirp is in if you'd like as well. Right now she just wants to soak after all the hard flying she did, but I'm sure she'll be out and about again before too long!

More of my Sams might yet show up...but I'm going to start with just two.))
Image Image
Having sucessfully journied out and retrieved a pouchful of leaves from the deadly stranglevine, Chirp of the Harmonic Echo was ready to take a break. She was accustomed to leisurely travel, flitting here and there as her fancy took her. The racing trip to the hotsprings after hearing the news, followed by the similarly fast paced trip out to where the vines grew with all the dangers involved in that, had worn her out. She had thought herself mostly recovered on the last leg of the journey back, but after handing over the leaves she had wilted again in short order. The excitement of the conclusion of her journey had apparently perked her up more than she'd though. But there was still so much more here to see and do... And wouldn't it be nice to go home to her Song with stories of all the wonderful adventures, not just her own? Then she could tell them for a long time and distract Charge from the fact that she had taken it upon herself to go seek out a deadly plant and had been flirted with by an Aboreal stallion as he helped her achieve that goal... Yes, she should find the others and talk!

But before she did that... The area around the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings was rich with, what else, hotsprings! So warm and cozy. The first thing Chirp wanted to do as she slowly glided away from the building where she had delivered her leaves was to go find a nice, open hotspring and soak and soak and soak. The Sharian who had taken her in had been kind enough to help launch Chirp back into the air afterwards, but her stiffening wings were slowly loosing strength again and she was sinking steadily lower. So, close hotsprings were good. Yes, close was good...there! Just a short distance off the path was a lovely steaming pool of water, complete with a little slide built in. Chirp couldn't resist. She kept moving just long enough to circle around and land at the top of the slide, swooping down the slick rock to splash into the hot water with a happy squeak.

Chirp had just begun to splash and roll around to soak every bit of herself when an unexpected voice spoke up. "Hullo zeyre. Vas not zinkink anyvun would be joinink me heyre." It was a rich, deep voice with the strangest accent that Chirp had ever heard. Startled, the bat mimic mare jerked her head up and stared around. A rustle in the surrounding bushes drew her ears, and she turned to see a mare just as unexpected looking as the voice. Long spines ran down her back, all heavily decorated with trinkets like those worn by the Tribals she had occasionally seen. But this mare was smiling warmly at her and was far from the Tribal plains that Chirp had seen. As Chirp continued to blink at the mare, she continued.

"I had heayrd zat zeyre vas to be a gyreat gatheyrink and splendid hunt. But vas too late to be seekink ze tyreasuyre. Is just as vell maychance. Vas able to look at list, vould haff liked most foyr myself!" The mare laughed merrily, stepping closer to the pool's edge and settling herself comfortably down. "Am Vink of ze Flirtatious Gypsy. Is good to meet you, zough must say, haff neveyr seen vun like you befoyre. Tell me, do many zis fayr fyrom ze plains look as you?" The Tribal mare tilted her head inquisitively, eyes lingering with interest on Chirp's bat-like wing membranes.

It wasn't a reaction that Chirp was unfamiliar with. "Oh no, I've neveyr seen anyone else with wings like mine out of my biyrth Song! I like them though, I can wyrap myself up in them and sleep cozy and wayrm. And I always take them with me so I don't eveyr have to woyrry about being without! Much niceyr than having to cayrry a Shayrian made blanket all oveyr. Not that theyre's anything wyrong with those...but I'll stick with my wings! Oh, oh, I'm Chiyrp of the Hayrmonic Echo!" As Chirp bobbed her head happily, Wink's faint smile grew.

"Vell zen, if iz not zo common, zen you must be vun uff zose who did go on ze hunt, no? Vould luff to heayr of youyr seekink vhile ve vait for ze tourink to be yreachink heyre."

Chirp nodded again. "Oh yes! And have you eveyr been heyre befoyre?" At Wink's shake of her head Chirp continued on eagerly. "Then I'll show you all ayround! And maybe we can find the otheyr seekeyrs too and alll shayre ouyr quests! Afyeyr I soak." The two mares smiled at each other as Wink slid gracefully into the water as well, one ear tilted back towards the path to see if any other of the facinating Samanayrs gathered here would find there way to her before she even got around to seeking them out.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Celebration! (Open to all)

Post by silvermoondragon »

((Here comes Luminosity!))

After returning to the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings successful, Luminosity felt somewhat lost. She had set out from her birth song with the idea of making her way to her current location, and had then almost immediately set off on another adventure to seek out a Translucent Chameleon. Now that she was finished those goals, she didn't know what to do with herself. The whole world was open to her, yet she was somewhat exhausted and wasn't quite ready to set out once more. Maybe she could find the other Samanayrs who had taken part in the hunt and hear all about their adventures. Perhaps if their tale sounded exciting enough she might just travel there herself.

Wandering aimlessly across the grassy fields between the hotsprings, not fully watching where she was going, she almost tripped into a hotspring. Embarrassed, she looked around hoping no one was nearby or watching. Unfortunately there where two other Samanayrs nearby, one strange and bat-like and the other very well adorned with trinkets. Quickly turning her head away, she hoped they hadn't noticed her trip.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Neither lounging mare noticed Luminosity's approach. Wink was too busy alternating between listening to the path and gossiping with Chirp. Chirp was too busy ducking under water to blow bubbles (to Wink's apparent amusement) and happily chatting away. Anyways, this was a safe place, she was supposed to be able to relax and not worry about it if she had too much water in her ears to hear properly for the moment. The world really did sound funny through the water. How did Aquatics manage?

In fact, Chirp was the first to notice Luminosity as the bat-like mare emerged from the water once more. And, as was usual for her, she promptly tried to include the stranger in her inner conversation. "Oh, hello theyre! Do you know how Aquatics heayr undeyrwateyr with all the distoyrtion wateyr makes?" Chirp was completely oblivious to the slight self-conscious air of the Sa'grisay after her stumble.

Wink raised one eyebrow at her new acquaintance as she turned to see who Chirp was talking at. Flicking damp curls of red mane out of her eyes she chuckled. "Vell vell, I set out to see ze woyrld, but instead ze voyrld it comes to me! Tyruely zis is the centeyr of gatheyring foyr the gyreateyr kin! Vhat is next, I am seeink ze legendayry Elementals?" Her green eyes examined the Sa'grisayr, lingering on the beak and talons for a long moment.

Thoughtfully Chirp broke in with, "Pyrobably...I think I saw one joining the seeking. She made lots of mess with the wateyr and almost splashed me out of my tyree. We could go look foyr heyr tomoyrrow! And maybe she can tell me how they can listen thyrough all that wateyr!"

Wink regarded Chirp for a long moment, then turned to Luminosity with a tilt of her head meant to ask if any of this made more sense to the Sa'grisayr. Then she shrugged. "Vell, vould not tuyrn down chance to see zem, but am zinkink zat you vill be fallink out of aiyr again if tyryink to fly now. And you," she continued, turning back to Luminosity, "ayre not lookink so veyry much betteyr. Peyrhaps you ayre seekink a soak as vell? Vateyr is plenty vayrm heyre, and much yroom. Does not seem to be most populayr of spyrings. Vant join us? She hass pyromised to tell me of heyr jouyrney to find vun uf ze gifts; peyrhaps vill tell you as vell."

Behind Wink, Chirp was nodding quite happily, if slightly sleepily in agreement, clearly just as happy to share the spring.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

So absorbed in trying to escape unnoticed, Chirp's question caught her slightly off guard. "Uh... um... no, I've neveyr met an aquatic... although my fatheyr once yrescued one fyrom the desseyrt. He told us the stoyry about a thousand times, but I had neveyr even thought about that." She replied, her voice gaining enthusiasm and it's excitement back as she forgot about her previous stumble and became engaged in the conversation.

At Wink's mention of the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings as the gathering center of the Samanayr world, Luminosity nodded. "That's what I'd heayrd and why I came heyre as soon as I left my biyrth song. It's quite tyrue! I've met moyre Samanayrs heyre than anywheyre else I've been so fayr.

At their mention of the quest, Luminosity continued, slipping into the hotspring at Wink's invitation, "Oh yes, I was quite excited to have ayryrived heyre just in time foyr this scavenger hunt foyr the eldest. I had to find a tyransluscent chameleon, what about you?
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Instantly Chirp's attention was captured and she turned to stare wide eyed at Luminosity. "Aquatics in the deseyrt? I neveyr thought they'd go to live theyre! I've flown to the deseyrt befoyre...but I didn't go in. I thought I'd bake just going that close! No wondeyr they needed yrescuing! Pooyr thing..." Chirp's voice grew progressively more squeaky as she worked herself up about the long since rescued Aquatic, but fortunately trailed off before reaching ear-piercing shrillness. Not quite soon enough for Wink apparently though as she gave the bat-like mare a very lingering stare before turning back to Luminosity.

Shaking her head at Chirp's voice, Wink chuckled softly. "Oh indeed, zo very many ayre beink heyre! Haff not seen so many even vhen all Tyribes on ze plain ayre gatheyred togetheyr. Came heyre vhen left plains because vas easy to find and vas made to sound inteyrestink. Ayrrived only too late to be joinink in ze seekink. But you veyre also vun of ze seekeyrs?" Her ears perked up slightly and she regarded the Sa'grisay with even more interest. "Vould you also be villink to tell tale?"

Meanwhile, Chirp had been murmuring to herself throughout their little conversation; things like, "Pooyr Aquatic..." or "She was yrescued, yright..." But as she and Wink shifted slightly to make room for Luminosity to slip into the water, Chirp blinked and cheered up at the question. "Oh, I had to go find some styranglevine leaves! They weyre hayrder to get than I thought, but I met this Song who had come up with a wondeyrful tyrick to get them! They knew lots about the styranglevine! They even told me what floweyr you can plant to keep it away! Theiyr stallion came back with me to tyrade some of the leaves too, but I soyrt of lost him heyre...it's so big! Youyr chameleon didn't tyry to eat you did it?"

That last comment earned her another odd look from Wink, though upon seeing the earnest expression on Chirp's face the Tribal mare was hard put to suppress a laugh. Oh, this mare was certainly different! Why, if she wasn't looking at her now, she'd swear she was talking with a foal!

((This RP reminds me that we never did finish rescuing poor Wave from the desert RP wise...))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Mystic sat at the edge of the main clearing, watching Sams and Sharians move about trying to find things and acomplish various tasks. It was all far too busy for Mystic, who had spent the last few weeks around a very small number of Sams, and in some cases, none. And while he was anxious to see his mares again, he knew he shouldn't leave the area until the celebrations were over. But having said that, Mystic couldn't help the idea of slipping off to find a quieter, more secluded place to relax while he waited the few days for the main event.

After a few minutes of wandering around, Mystic heard some voices up ahead. One was rather high pitched, one had a heavy and unidentifiable accent, and the other sounded more like a normal Sam. All of them mares. He was about to turn and try to find another spot when his legs started yelling at him to lay down, so he proceded into the clearing, trying not to feel awkward.

"Hello, ladies. You wouldn't mind if I joined you, would you?" he said, trying to sound as polite as he could.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((hee... yes... that post had reminded me about it too and I went back to working on a reply. That darn save post thing gets me every time. I'll save half a reply expecting to get back to it soon then forget all about it. I think I can finish it up with one last post though, and make it a more simple ending than I had initially planned since it's taken so long to do. XD ))

Chirp's voice amused Luminosity, she had never imagined that one voice could get so high and talk so fast! "Oh yes, I would love to tell you my stoyry," she said, pausing as Chirp told a little about her adventure, laughing as Chirp asked her if the chameleon had tried to eat her. "Oh no, it was much to small for that," she said, holding up a talon to show how small they had been, "Very tricky to spot, I was lucky I found an old Samanayr before I left who gave me directions and some tips on how to find them.

Luminosity turned as she spotted something out of the corner of her eye, and her eyes widened as she noticed the Sa'grisayr Mystic. She shook her head speechless as he asked if they would mind him joining them. She had been hoping to meet another Sa'grisayr while she was here. Maybe after the excitement of the journey had worn off she could go up to him and ask him to tell her the Sa'grisayr stories that her parents had not been able to tell her having never heard them themselves. Surely he would know them being a mystic as well, the Sharian magic couldn't be that common, could it?
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Just because it's taken awhile doesn't mean you have to cut it short if you'd rather still go for the more elaborate ending.

*chuckles* And yes, Wink's accent is pretty unidentifiable isn't it. The character she's based on had a pretty unidentifiable accent to begin with and then I tossed the Sam accent on top of it. At least I didn't keep her tendancey of randomly using Russian words instead of English, though it was hard to stop her using Russian for yes and no at first.))

Nodding contentedly at Luminosity's reasurance that her item hadn't tried to eat her Chirp cheerily continued on. "That's good. The styranglevine tyried to eat me a little, but I was just fast enough to not be eaten. Chayrge wouldn't have been veyry happy with me if I got eaten by vines. So I was veyry happy it didn't get me. It was so nice of all the otheyrs of the Kin to help us out on ouyr quests!"

Turning to include Wink in the conversation, Chirp suddenly stopped and chittered in concern. "Ayre you ok?" The water swirled around her as she awkwardly kicked over to where Wink had frozen, eyes wide and distant, head hunched back onto her shoulders. The Tribal mare was trembling slightly and didn't seem to notice Chirp until the mare's wing brushed against her. Then she bleated in shock and pivoted as though to face an attack. As she saw Chirp, and beyond her now two Sa'grisayrs, she blinked slowly, muscles reluctantly untensing. She swallowed hard and looked around as though expecting...something. "Is...is nothink. Am fine."

Chirp trilled questioningly at her, and then looked around as well to see what Wink was suddenly upset about. Spotting Mystic hovering at the edge of the water she broke out into a huge grin. "Oh good! Theyre's a Mystic! I'm suyre he'll make the bad things go away foyr you if we ask! Won't you nice yrainbow Mystic?" As Chirp beamed it seemed clear that while she had no idea what was going on, she was fully confident that a Mystic could fix it.

((Wink does not like talk of stranglevines strangling, no she doesn't.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Mystic eyed the frightened-looking mare with concern. He had seen a similar look on her mother's face when... No. He wouldn't allow his mind to go there. That was past, this is present. Other Sams look up to Mystics, some think they can do anything. He could help, even if he couldn't. "Are you sure you're alright? I can help if you'd like." he offered, still very concerned about the Tribal mare.

((Short reply due to writer's block. D: ))