First Snow [Open]

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

First Snow [Open]

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((RP area's been a bit dead...I feel like seeing if anyone else is still up to RPing their Sams. So I grabbed little Wrath to play with. Want to find out more about her and try to get back into the swing of RP. Anyone's welcome to bring their Sams in to play...just be warned, she can play rough. She doesn't want to hurt you though.))
An icy breeze swept the open fields some distance from the Rainbow Hotsprings, swirling the new fallen snow into glittering patterns in the late morning sun. At first glance the scene was picture perfect, a dazzling wintry display complete with snow laden pines and a few hardy birds showing bright against the snow. Take a closer look though and one might wonder at the hundreds of little holes punched into the surface, ranging from the barest dimple in the crust to rather messy edged slashes several inches deep.

As the breeze picked up, it began to carry on it the thick scent of pine sap and crushed needles as it smoothed over the surface of the snow again. Some five feet up, on a thick branch of the damaged tree, the culprit lounged, absently munching on a handful of pine needles as she surveyed her morning's handiwork. Tearing off another another mouthful the young mare reviewed her morning.

The previous night she had reached the outer boundaries of the Rainbow Hotsprings, a place she had been quite curious about ever since hearing about it from one of the random, oddly nervous, Samanayrs she had met on her meandering travels after leaving home. Gradually her path had drifted this way, leading her here just in time for night to fall. Not that night really bothered her, but the air had been unpleasantly cold, the fluffy still green trees were hard to see through, and some of them had branches growing right down to the ground, providing cozy little dens to curl up in and sleep warm in the piles of strange pointy leaves that had fallen into the space. All things considered, it had seemed like a good idea to sleep here and approach the Hotsprings well rested and alert.

However, her plans for the day had changed drastically as soon as she had poked her nose out from the cozy shelter of the pine tree and seen the world turned white. Licking the strange white stuff had left her tongue feeling slightly numbed with cold and had gotten her nothing but a mouthful of icy water. Poking the stuff with one spiked foot had left a hole in the sparkly crust. After that...well, anyone who had happened to stumble upon the small clearing would have seen her dancing and prancing just over the surface of the snow for hours, now just skimming the surface with the sharp tips of her spikes, now letting herself sink in enough to leave long gashes as she leapt back out.

At last she had worn herself out. A few mouthfuls of the fluffy snow had eased her thirst. And a combination of leaping, levitation, and awkwardly clinging to the trunk of one of the pines with her sharp feet had enabled Wrath to work her way up to a comfortable perch where she could oversee the area and admire the neat little marks her feet had left as she rested and pondered her next course of action. This white stuff was great fun, though very cold. Surely some of the others who were supposed to be gathered here would come out of the trees to where they could play with it too. Probably they were just slow to wake up today. Perhaps she should try to catch one of those little birds fluttering around up there to have ready as a gift for the first ones to show up?

Glancing upwards Wrath decided that was too much effort just now. Anyways, no one she'd met since leaving home had seemed to like gifts of birds, lizards or fish. Right now she was feeling too contentedly lazy to go to the effort of catching one, so she settled more comfortably on her branch and dozed, one eye still half open, watching the clearing for any new friends in the area.

((*stares at Wrath* She's...sweet, really she is. Just a little...er...twisted?))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: First Snow [Open]

Post by RikkuGirl »

Nestled within the hole of an oak lay a very small Minayr mare, Tremble of the Delicate Grass, sleeping. With each passing second her small belly expanded and expelled air as she continued to dream of long green grassy fields, full of large succulent flowers. Her hole was dark inside and had a lining of feathers of which she had gathered over the spring and summer months, preparing herself for a cozy winter. The entrance to her hole was blocked by a large leaf that she had secured within with a rock, hoping to keep the winter winds from freezing her to the bone.

As she dreams of tasty flowers and nectar, her ear begins to twitch from a very sad sound. "Buurbbblleeeggghhh" Says her stomach as her eyes start to shut tighter than they were. She was hungry. As she dreams of sticking her head in a large flower to lick up its nectar, she is awoken suddenly by another loud scream from her stomach. "bblllarrrgggbbblleee" it said once more, ruining her perfect dream. Small eyes opened to a dark world, a yawn escapes her mouth. With a simple gesture she rises from her feather bead and gives a stretch in the dark.

As she gained her composure from her sleep, she decided to get to work, its breakfast time! She poked her head out of her hole, moving the leaf with her head; only to pull it back in abruptly. "Wow its cold out theyre!" she said to herself. She gritted her small teeth and then moved the leaf once more, barreling out of the hole like a bullet from a gun, her little wings flapping quickly. In her mind... she minas well get it over with and fast. The slower you go the more the cold hits you and if it was up to her she wouldn't leave her hole till spring but since she WAS hungry she just decided to get out there and get it done.

A small hum radiated from her wings as she buzzed about the clearing. To her dismay, no flowers could be found. With a grumble she decided to eat whatever she could get in her mouth. Though she was not a fan of pine needles she decided to grit it out and eat them as they were the only greens she could see. Like a humming bird she flitted from side to side around the large pine, trying to find a good place to land and eat. Upon her arrival to one of the larger branches, she came to realize a very odd looking Sam, which gave her quite the fright. Losing control of her balance from the sheer surprise of this larger sam, she just fell to the ground with a soft "Puff" ; creating a small hole in the snow and disappearing under its cover.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Wrath had begun to drift into a deeper sleep when a strange new buzzing sound began to fill the clearing. At first she only twitched an ear, then rubbed her head against the prickly branches of the tree in an attempt to dislodge the sound, but it just kept getting stronger. With a sigh she gave up and opened both red eyes fully to search for the annoying sound maker, just in time to see a tiny colorful scrap of a Sam dart up and try to land on her branch. Ah-ha! So here was one of the Samanayrs gathered here! Such strange Sams there were outside of her birth lands. She scrambled to her feet, sharp spikes tearing more holes in the poor tree, eager to see this creature more closely. But instead it jolted away and fell to the powdery coating on the ground, vanishing into its depths.

Wrath craned over the edge of the branch, trying to see where the tiny visitor had gone. "Hello?" she called out questioningly. Perhaps this was some game? After a moment's thought Wrath leapt from the branch as well, focusing on not using her magic as she aimed for a patch of ground a few feet away from where the other had vanished. Striking the ground in an explosion of powder Wrath yelped and instantly resumed using her small magic, exploding right back out of the snow to stand with all four legs stiffly extended, balanced once more just on the surface of the snow. A look of shock filled her face as she stared at the place she had landed. "COLD!" she shrieked, one foot lashing out to tear a deep gash through the snow. And she was so much taller than the other, it had only just brushed her belly as she sank.

A sudden thought sent Wrath skittering over the surface of the snow to peer into the hole that the other had left. She could just see bits of color down under the white. Leaning down closer she snorted and sniffed, getting a muzzleful of snow and a whiff of new and interesting scent. Once more she called out to the stranger. "Hello? Ayren't you cold down theyre? I think I can yreach you and pull you back out, yes I can. Should I pull you out styrange tiny Samanayr? You look like a foal but you don't smell like a foal and I want to see you moyre closely styrange little Samanayr. Can I pull you out and look at you now?" Her voice had almost a sing song or chanting inflection to it as she spoke and was surprisingly high and sweet.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((This will give me a chance to find out Stealing's personality as well!))
      Stealing had heard tales of the outside, myths and legends passed down by generations and generations of Illiayr storytellers of it's beauty, but also it's danger. She had always been fascinated at the though of a whole new world, one that supposedly glowed even brighter than the lichen she was so accustomed to. However Stealing had never been quite brave enough to venture outside. She would spend hours lying beside the tunnel that legend had told lead to the surface imagining the wonders that could be found outside.

One day, while she was lying there, staring out into the darkness of the tunnel, a group of yearling Samanayrs wandered by. They teased her, calling her a dreamer who would never amount to anything, daring her to go out, laughing as she tried to respond. Faced with this group of yearlings who where getting rather loud and rambunctious, blocking off the tunnel back down, she began walking up the tunnel, intending to return later after they had left. As she wandered through the tunnels, her mind began to wander back to the surface again and she forgot to pay attention to where she was going. When she finally decided to head back, she realized with a sudden panic, that she could not remember the way back. She was no longer in her familiar tunnels where she knew every rock, every patch of lichen, and every spot where moisture seeped through the rock. Faced with the though of being lost, she curled up and began to weep.

After days of wandering and being at the mercy of whatever she could find to eat, she finally made it to the outside. She hardly realized it at first, it being night time and her relying mostly on the glow from her body to navigate, thinking that she had just entered a very large cavern. It wasn't until she almost ran into a tree that she finally looked up and fully analyzed her surroundings. Her eyes widened as she took in this fascinating thing she had come across. It was so much better than anything she could have imagined. With a soft sigh of happiness, she curled up next to the tree and went to sleep.

Completely unaware, Stealing slept through the snowfall. Morning found her completely covered in snow with only the tips of her spines poking through looking like glowing orange flowers. The glow was beginning to fade as the phosphorescent chemical found in the lichen was metabolized by her body, but it was still bright against the white snow.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

(So sorry for the delay guys! I have been pretty busy lately but its slowing down now! ^_^ Ty so much for waiting for me. Ill be around now so we can keep this going :3 *hugs*)

Tremble shook her head as she realized she was now in a small hole of her own making in the snow on... THE GROUND! She started to panic. She did NOT like to be on the ground, it was not safe! Being such a small sam, she was quite scared of other larger sams and found it easiest to stay safe in the air, where she was fast and agile.

As she was gaining back her composure she heard a voice speak to her, asking her questions and if it can remove her from her... predicament. She peaked out the hole very slowly, her small head coming face to face with a very oddly footed sam. "Hi...oh yes... its cold" She said simply, not knowing really what else to say. "You won't eat me if you help me out; will you?" She said seriously. She was quite scared of being eaten and this creature seemed to have the tools to do so, at least from what she can see at a glance.

Without waiting for a reply, she began to reach for Wrath in hopes she would be pulled from the ground. She gave an uneasy smile to help lighten the mood. "Thank you" crept out her mouth as she waited to be pulled from the deep snowy hole.
My Sams!

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

At any other time Wrath would have been quite fascinated by glowing tipped stalks standing out from the snow where Stealing lay sleeping. However, this morning her attention was completely taken by the tiny, delicate little Sam in front of her. Neither of her parents would likely have approved of this level of focus, to the exclusion of all else, but Wrath had long since accepted that she...wasn't quite what her parents had expected.

Leaning further down she examined the tiny one, absently chanting, "Cold cold, yes, veyry cold." She could see why the stranger was trembling, completely buried in that freezing cold white stuff which seemed like it was trying to cave in on her now. But at the question of would she eat the other Wrath paused, lifted her head again slightly, and seemed to think about it for a minute. "Oh no, not eating you, no no. Pappa maybe might have, but Pappa's not heyre. You don't smell tasty like the fishies and I want to look at you, yes I do, I do." The young mare nodded her head enthusiastically, then leaned back over the hole in the snow.

Peering in she could see that the stranger was reaching up for her. Well, that would make it easier! Stretching down she grabbed Tremble's mane in her strong teeth and flicked her head upwards. The brightly colored mare was lighter than she'd expected, and surprise made her let go, accidentally launching Tremble skywards. "Oopsie...you can fly, yright pyretty little Sam, yes?" Wrath worriedly watched, hoping those wings would start flapping in time.

((I know how that can be... Also...Wrath is a little more odd than I'd thought before playing her. *eyes her cautiously*))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

(She seems like absolute fun! xD I love it! ^_^ )

Tremble smiled as the mare stated SHE would not eat her, as for her father... he was not there so she figured not to stress. She giggled as Wrath picked her up by her mane pulling her from the VERY cold ground that had consumed her just moments ago.

"Yaaay...wwoooohhh!" She said as she was pulled from the snow then accidentally flung into the air. She began to panic a little as she realized she had just been tossed into the air. Without thinking she began to flap her little wings as fast as she could, closing her eyes just in case she was too late. She did NOT want to watch the ground meet her face, oh no no. With a soft buzz her wings began to flap. Slowly she opened one eye only to see wraths face in hers. She then opened both eyes and stared as Wrath sat there upside down? Why was she sitting on the sky?! Tremble thought as she gave a small snort.

"Why ayre you sitting on the sky and when did it get so white?" she asked simply, not knowing that she was flying upside down. She did not hit the ground but rather became disoriented. Being that she did not know she could hover upside down, she was completely ignorant to the fact that the sky was at HER feet. As she continued to hover she began to lose her balance, sending her body into a small tumble in the air. She wobbled and swooned through the air till she landed "PLOP" right on the back of another sam who had been sleeping peacefully in the snow.

Tremble did not realize it was a sam as she is quite oblivious. Long spines glowed from the snow that Tremble now sat upon. She shook her head and snorted once more as she sat there trying to see straight again. Oh what an oddly disoriented sam.
My Sams!

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Stealing had been having such a wonderful dream, something more real than she'd ever had before. She had found her way to the outside and it had been beautiful! Suddenly she was awoken as another Samanayr landed right onto her back. The jolt into reality was a lot for Stealing to take in. Since it was now day time, the world around her glowed with an intensity far brighter than anything she had ever seen before and the coldness of the snow finally began to seep into her.

She leapt up from the snow with a cry of fear and surprise, sending poor Tremble skywards once again. Stealing then cowered slightly up against the tree she had fallen asleep against, and stared wide-eyed at the two strange Samanayrs before her, completely at a loss at what she should do.

((Poor Stealing, what an unlucky time to wander up to the outside.))
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

(*dies* Poor tremble and stealing xD)

Tremble once again had been flung into the air, this time though she was not able to react. She flew into the air and came down quickly, falling right back into the snow with a soft "Poof".

"Dyreadful" she said with a huff as she sat in her snowy hole once more. She had grown quite annoyed by now of being in a white prison of sorts. "Help?" She squealed as she knew her new friend Wrath would help her, if not the other sam who flung her into the air seemed to have a long tail. She began to mumble about not being able to open her wings fully to fly. Quite distressing.
My Sams!