The Fire and The Storm

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: The Fire and The Storm

Post by Seren »

Cyclone eyed the mare, with a wrinkle to his snout. He grimaced a bit- perhaps he was too mouthy. He wasn't normally this way. He was closed-mouth, and disliked chatter. Chatter, like the rain. Maybe he should just shut up. Yeah. Good plan.

He ducked his head and faintly hissed at the "poet" comment. That seemed a bit uncalled for, but he had to grudgingly let it slide. His delicately pointed ears twitched some as he spoke again, unwillingly. "I've been flying for a few days now. I wanted a rest and this was a good opportunity." He stared at her, electric eyes glimmering as he spent extra time peering over her multicolored coat and form with a bit more interest. He liked the way her ignis lit up the contours of her legs and stomach.
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

She stared back at the stallion for a long time after he spoke - saying nothing in response for the time being. She was thinking, and that would require quiet time to do so - or so she liked to think, since it was merely a way to get out of speaking if she needed. She looked over his darkly hued body - its blacks and greys melting into one and then pulling apart all over again. The blue talons - the ribbons of blue and nearly purple hued color as it ran wild across his wings. Eyes that matched - and ears too, for that matter. She could see how he would be good at flying for days - large wings, with more fingers than she had on hers - though whether that was good or bad was debatable. Then there was his fire - clearly one of the more important of all physical attributes. It was blue and nearly purple, with an electric swing to it, brighter looking and more...

Interesting?

"My, that certainly is a good reason to rest." She could feel his eyes on her, studying something. She lifted a wing just a tad and turned her head, running her horned head along the outer edge of skin and bone, where an annoying itch had been forming. She stretched out her hind leg, now that the first two had been stretched and aired out, looking back at the stallion again with a thoughtful scowl on her face. Her calling him a poet had annoyed him, that much was clear to her. She smirked, staring at the stallion intently now. How long would it take for him to start talking?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He continued to look over the fierce contours of her form, the melding of rainbow colors. Wait. He was not a fan of rainbows normally. They just weren't his thing. They were the sign of a storm having passed. But the bright, vibrant, flowers of paradise color was.. pleasant, on her. Pleasant? Maybe not bad. Alright. Enough tiptoeing. Forcing himself up onto his claws, his muscles strained beneath his sleek coat, as he fanned out his wings, and coiled his tail beneath him.

He gave her a fierce, striking look, and then hissed faintly. "Do you enjoy molding your element?" He refused to use terms such as "spell casting" or "magic working"- elementals were different. They used their whole forms to meld the world around them. They were not mages or wizards. In response, he made his ignis flare white-hot, as the air around him seemed to crackle with energy.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

She herself shifted when she noticed his movement, he was settling on his tail like a snake would. She tilted her head, the smile slightly more prominent when he spoke. It didn't take long for him to talk again. She stretched her leg once more before settled it back down, she shifted, closer, just slightly. She positioned herself better and stared at him intensely. Her two, smaller eyes opened slowly, focusing up at him and slowly tipped her head to the side. What a question to ask. Her body shook, wings rustling faintly as her flames began to intensify.

"Do you enjoy breathing?" She countered, staring up at him with a smoldering gaze. She moved closer, balancing herself with her haunches with its complex muscles taught. Her many talons dug into the sand and rock as the flames practically pulsed with intense heat.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

He surveyed her with a careful electric indigo gaze, his ignis crackling a bit before going a softer pale color. His powerful tail muscles kept him balanced, as the crackling ember-protector drew a tad closer. He himself moved up a bit, stretching out his spine before letting out a crackling note of laughter. Her question was sharp, clever, and stung. He liked that.

No, not liked....oh well. He stopped the flitting about and said with a rueful grin. "I would enjoy it more if I was breathing in the smoke-tinged air about you, I suppose." His question had been stupid, so why not counter it with a playful prod of his won.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Her eyes narrowed, sharper than ever. She was going to say that... well, what exactly was she about to say? That his love for breathing was the equivalent to her love of bending her element. But now she was torn - well, she had always been torn, but this time it was more... invisible than the other, more obvious times. She raised her head up, rather haughtily, as her muscles quivered with the urge to leap and snap and - fight. But she could hold herself back, of course.

Then again, did she want to, with an answer like that? "Would you really?" Her eyes widened, or rather, relaxed from their pinched angles. "Well, I suppose it wouldn't be terribly hard for one to get used to your impolite air." Oh how she could not properly interact with others.