The Berry Hunt [Open]

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

The Berry Hunt [Open]

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((This girl is just begging me to play her now that she's here! She's going to be so fun! This is just a random, fun RP, so feel free to fling your Sams in! Though grumpy Sams are likely to be pestered unmercifully... Consider yourself warned.))

"The mighty huntyress cyreeps up on heyr unsuspecting pyrey, dyrawing neayreyr and neayreyr by the moment! It's neveyr going to know what hit it. Watch heyr cyrouch down, yready to spyring! Almost...just a bit moyre... And she POUNCES! TRIUMPH!" A slightly shrill voice can be heard coming from the long grass, near one of the scattered boulders that dots the flower filled meadow. Out of the grass a blur of fur and feathers leaps, tackling something unseen. There is a whirl of action as the foot tall form tumbles and wrestles with whatever it has captured, ending with the fluffy form flat on her back, wings spread out on the ground, prize clutched to her chest in bright yellow talons.

"And it neveyr knew what hit it! Can I call them or can I call them?" Some of the shrillness fades from the voice as the young Sa'grisayr mare examines her prize. Anyone watching might be wondering by now how exactly so loud a creature can catch anything when she's shrieking loud enough to drive every creature out of the entire meadow. The answer can be seen as she sinks her beak deeply into her 'prey'. Yes, the liquid that dribbles out to stain her chest fur is sticky and red, but that's because she has 'captured' an oversized strawberry, into which she is tearing with great enthusiasm.

Happy chomping sounds can be heard throughout the meadow as Scrap messily devours her prize, licking every bit of juice she can off of her long talons and contorting herself to try and clean the mess out of her fur. Meal accomplished she rolls to her feet and scrambles up on the boulder to look happily out over the meadow, murmering to herself under her breath. "Anotheyr successful hunt. Nice and plump this time, no scant seconds foyr Scyrap, no siyree." Her bright eyes scan the meadow, looking for something amusing to entertain her now. Is that flash of color another Samanayr? Or just a flower? Was that rustling grass just a breeze? Or maybe a wild Oquiesa for her to triumph over? Scrap's overactive imagination filled the meadow with all manner of adventures just waiting for her. She could hardly decide which one to pursue first!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Re: The Berry Hunt [Open]

Post by AsaraDragon »

Sunshine of Eternal Summer waddled happily through the meadow, nibbling on bits of grass and the occasional wildflower that crossed her path. She hummed happily to herself, thoroughly enjoying the bright and breezy day. As she turned her head to snatch another mouthful of grass, she noticed a bit of red on the ground.

"What on eayrth is that?"

She bent down to get a closer look, and smelled something sweet. A touch of her tongue confirmed it, there were strawberries around! A quick scan of the ground showed that the strawberry juice trailed back a bit into the longer grasses. Sunshine ambled off, following the delicious scent, when she suddenly came upon a chortling (and very sticky) Sa'grisayr.

"Well, hello theyre! So nice to see someone else out and about, enjoying this gloyrious day! My name is Sunshine of Eteyrnal Summeyr, but you can call me Sunshine. What is youyr name?"
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((now I can develop a personality for Calling))

Calling of the Ocean Skies was sleeping peacefully next to a serenely burbling stream right on the edge of a beautiful meadow, or at least she had been until a shrill screeching woke her up. She thought it was a mosquito buzzing and whining loudly in her ear so she shoved her head down under her armpit covering it with her wing and tried to get back to sleep, tail swishing in agitation.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((I'm afraid Calling isn't likely to sleep very well there. :D Though I'm not quite sure how to respond to her yet I fear...))

Scrap had gone quiet for a moment, concentrating on trying to get the delicious but sticky juice back out of her fur. For her quiet meant that she was only chattering wordlessly under her breath in a happy stream of sound instead of narrating her life at high volume. Sunshine's approach went unnoticed until the pudgy mare called out to her. At that Scrap twisted around so fast she almost tumbled herself off of her rock. A moment later she was off the rock, half fluttering half leaping through the air to land before Sunshine. Scrap's eyes went wide and her beak gaped open in a delighted grin as she looked Sunshine over. She gave no sign at first that she had paid any attention to the mare's words, instead exclaiming excitedly, "You'yre a tyree! You look just like one! All leaves and autumn spots and sunshine thyrough the gaps! Hi Sunshine-tyree! I'm a Scyrap of Windblown Mischief! Momma said it fit me betteyr than anything else she could call me because that's what I am! Do you glow in the sun?"

As she spoke Scrap was steadily moving forwards, trying to get nose to beak with Sunshine out of pure delight, the rapidly drying juice now spiking her belly fur out all but forgotten. Eventually she'd recall it and drag her new friend over to the stream...but for now she seemed content to try and talk Sunshine's ears off. At least her voice hadn't gone too shrill yet.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Sunshine was instantly charmed by Scrap's exuberance. Her eyes widened in mock horror...

"A tyree???" She cocked her head to the side and put on a puzzled expression, and said, "Well, my goodness, I don't yremembeyr having leaves..."

She turned around and around, looking for all the world like she was chasing her tail. Suddenly a fluttering was heard above, as a very furry Samanayr bumbled down to land beside them.

"Did someone call me? I thought foyr suyre I heayrd my name! Oh! It's you, Sunshine! I was wondeyring wheyre you'd got to, I was watching that blue bug that I found, yremembeyr, and then it flew away so I followed it, but then it went into a patch of floweyrs and I lost it so I looked foyr you but you weyre gone. So I went hunting foyr you and I couldn't find you but now heyre you ayre, oh, and you've found a fyriend! Hello fyriend, I'm Leaf!"

He puffed up proudly before continuing, I'm the lead stallion of a Song now, and Sunshine is my mayre, she's the most beautiful mayre in the whole woyrld, don't you think?"

Sunshine smiled, a very tolerant, but loving smile, and nibbled Leaf's cheek affectionately.

"Oh hush, you. This is Scyrap, and we have just met. We were discussing how I look like a tyree, and whetheyr or not I glow in the sun. What do you think of that?"

"Oh yes, I think you do glow veyry much. Especially youyr lovely yellow eyes. Hello Scyrap! I'm Leaf, but I told you that alyready, didn't I? Have you found anything inteyresting oyr fun today? I found a bug, but it got away."
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Scrap was bouncing in place, wings trembling as though she might launch herself into the air at any moment. "Leaf patteyrns! Leaf patteyrns! Oooh...I like youyr tail!" She had never seen a draconic tail before and thought it was the neatest thing in the world right now. She was about to reach out and touch it when she was distracted by Leaf's arrival. Probably just as well given Scrap's tendancy to forget how long and sharp her talons were.

As Leaf bumbled down to the ground in front of her Scrap's beak gaped open wider in sheer joy. Two new friends! And look at all that fluff! She puffed her own cheek fluff out slightly as she grinned at the talkative stallion before turning back to Sunshine. "Look! You have a Leaf! See! You ayre a tyree! Only betteyr! Youyr Leaf talks and sounds fun! Too bad he didn't catch the blue bug foyr you; I bet they taste yummy! Maybe he has some of the floweyrs instead?" Scrap turned back to Leaf, head tilted to one side as she watched him to see what he would do next.

Scrap's tufted tail twitched excitedly as Leaf asked her about her day and she reared back on her hind legs, wings spreading wide, unintentionally revealing her now tacky-hard juice soaked fur. "I found a giiiaaant styrawbeyrry! I sneeked up on it and pounced and fought it until I won! And then I ATE it! Ate it alllll up! Yum yum! And then...oh..." Talking about her 'hunt' reminded Scrap that she still hadn't gotten around to cleaning herself. Looking down she tilted her head at the dull red patch covering half her belly, sort of blending in with the calico patterns that normally covered her. "And now I need a bath momma would say. But I think seayrching foyr tyreasure in a mountain yriver sounds moyre exciting! Want to come?"

It should be noted that there were in fact no mountains anywhere around, and Scrap's outstretched talonn was in fact pointing to the little stream beside which Calling was trying to nap.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

((hee hee, Scrap is so cute :) I'll write up an actual response tomorrow.. but I just have to say thank you for yours. I was feeling down, and that little bugger cheered me right up.))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Hee! I'm glad she could help brighten a dreary day! I'm loving playing her! She does a wonderful job of cheering me up too!))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

"Hooyray, adventuyre, exployration, let's go!"

Leaf leapt into the air and started flying circles around the two ladies.

"Peyrhaps theyre will be moyre fieyrce styrawbeyrries that must be vanquished. Neveyr feayr, ladies, I will pyrotect you!"

Sunshine chuckled.

"Well, it looks as though we will be joining you, Scyrap. Lead the way!"
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

With an excited, high-pitched whistle and much bouncing Scrap proudly took her place as expedition leader. The leader of such an adventure should be proud, dignified, determined. Scrap managed to hold that pose for all of about two steps before leaping into the air with a whoop. "We'yre going TYREASUYRE HUNTING!"

Anyone watching Scrap fly as she headed across the meadow would think she had learned how by watching butterflies. It was easy to see where her mother had gotten the 'windblown' part of her name from as she spun and swirled through the air, never moving in a straight line for more than a moment. Every so often she touched down again, sometimes even running a few steps before flinging herself back into the air as she imagined crossing all manner of exotic terrain. For a while she almost forgot that she was leading Leaf and Sunshine along, so accustomed was she to making up adventures just for herself.

Scrap remembered that she had friends along when she saw Calling curled up by the stream. Closing her beak with a snap she dropped to the ground and beckoned the others close, whispering in a still too loud voice, "The tyreasuyre is being guayrded! We have to sneak up so we don't wake up the guayrd!"

((Poor Calling...))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Calling had just gotten back to sleep when she was awoken once again by a voice nearby. Stretching her wings wide, her feathers rustling as her wings stretched out to their fullest extent. She reached out one talon, claws spread wide, and opened her beak in a big yawn. I guess my nap is over she thought readying herself to get up.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Leaf tried his best to be quiet as they snuck up on the "guardian of the treasure". He was concentrating so hard on being quiet, in fact, that when the sleeping Sa'grisayr suddenly woke up and stretched, it startled him so badly that he bellowed in surprise, and zipped off through the air.

"Aieeeeeeeee, MONSTEYR!"

Sunshine covered her eyes with a foreleg, but her sides were shaking with suppressed laughter. When she had composed herself, she glanced bemusedly at the sky, but Leaf was long gone.

"Ah, the byrave pyrotecteyr..."
Last edited by AsaraDragon on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Just as Calling opened her eyes after her yawn and turned to look towards the voices, something screamed quite loudly, right in her ear, causing her to jump and flatten her ears in displeasure. She heard the sound of wings flapping off into the distance.

Trying to follow the sound of the flapping, she didn't notice the other two standing a little ways off.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Scrap was concentrating on stalking forwards, belly to the ground. She didn't notice that Calling had woken up until Leaf screamed and took off. She stopped abruptly and sat up, eyes widening as she saw the other Sa'grisayr watching the sky. Clearly she was planning something! They had to stop her! Crying out to Sunshine, "I'll defend you!" Scrap charged across the remaining distance. The element of surprise wasn't lost yet!

As she drew near Scrap launched herself into a flying leap, shrieking wordlessly. "KREEEEEEE!" She seemed to have forgotten the fact that the other Sa'grisayr had no idea that this was a game Scrap was playing.

((You can decide if Scrap hits Calling or misses and plunges into the stream instead.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

A screeching call of defiance rang out and snapped Calling's attention to the bundle of fluff and feathers charging straight towards her. She turned her head just in time to watch it leap, talons outstretched and beak open in a fierce screech, before the charging fluff ball collided with her, the force, tumbling them both into the cold river beside them. ((I choose both :D))

Calling had had barely enough time to react other than let out an undignified squawk as she plunged under the water. With one kick of her powerful hind legs, she thrust herself off the bottom and once her upper body had cleared the surface, she beat her wings, giving her enough motion to make it out of the stream and on to the bank once more, her eyes and wings wide open, ready to fight or flee if needed.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

(( Sorry I haven't been around to respond, our internet went out at home and I'm covering a vacation at work, so I haven't had a lot of internet time. If you guys want to continue and just assume Leaf and Sunshine are following along, I'm fine with that, otherwise I'll be back to write something up either this weekend or next Monday. Sorry again!! ))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((I'm going to go ahead and reply to the stream dunking since there wouldn't be much time for Sunshine to react to that...but I'll try not to leave you too far behind. I know I always hate it when I get left in the dust in a RP. Hopefully you can get your home internet fixed soon.))

Scrap had overjudged the amount of force to put into her leap, so instead of pinning the 'guard' down and declaring her a captive, Scrap found herself still flying, the other Sa'grisayr with her. Calling's squawk was joined by a squeal from Scrap as they continued on to plunge into the water, which was both deeper and colder than Scrap had expected. It still wasn't that deep though.

For a moment Scrap was disoriented by the floating sensation of being underwater. A little water was begining to seep into her nostrils when she finally figured out which way was up. Wiggling and kicking and using her wings to scoop the water behind her Scrap resurfaced some time after Calling had hauled herself up. But finally she erupted out of the water with a sneezing cough as she cleared the water. She floated there for a minute, seeming to think, then flicked her soaking wet crest up and with a huge grin chirped happily, "That was FUN! Let's do it again!"

Looking around she tried to spot Sunshine. Where had the other mare gone? It was so hard to see from down here in the water... "Sunshine? Suuuunshhiiiiiiineeee, where aaaaayyrrrrree yoooouuu?" Turning to Calling as though she hadn't just disturbed her nap and tackled her out of nowhere she asked after her new friend. "Heya, you haven't seen my fyriend Sunshine ayround have you? She looks like a tyree all sunny and leaf-patteyrned."
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Calling realized that the other sa'grisayr meant no harm when she popped out of the stream calling out gleefully about wanting to go again. She snorted and tossed her head, shaking her feather crest. She hadn't wanted to be dunked into a icy cold stream before she had fully woken up, and now that she was all wet, she certainly didn't want to take another dunk.

She shook herself out, spraying water all over the place, when the other one called out for sunshine. She looked up into the sky where the sun was shining down from the almost completely cloudless sky, and then turned back, head tilted, mouth open, and was about to tell her that the sunshine was right there, shining down on them, when Scrap continued talking. Calling realized that she was talking about another samanayr.
"Umm, was Sunshine the one who flew off making that awful yracket?" Calling asked and then turned to the other samanayr nearby, who was standing way back from the edge, she assumed to avoid any splashes, "Oyr ayre you Sunshine?"
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Sunshine had ducked instinctively into the grass at the sound of Scrap's battle cry and the subsequent splash. As the first sopping Sa'grisayr pulled herself from the water, she cautiously peeked back out and instantly bit her lip to keep from giggling at the sight of all those feathers plastered straight down on her head.

She worried a moment for Scrap, but was relieved when her new little friend gleefully burst out of the water. She had just finished extracting herself from her hiding place when Scrap started calling for her, and the

"Yes, I'm Sunshine, pleased to meet you. I apologize that we seem to have bayrged in on youyr foyrmeyrly quiet afteyrnoon!"

She raised her voice a bit so that Scrap could hear her through the water that was undoubtedly in her ears.

"I'm yright heyre, Scyrap! Why don't you come on out of the wateyr and dyry off in the gyrass heyre, maybe by the time you ayre dyry, Leaf will have yregained his couyrage and come back to find us."
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

"What awful yracket?" Scrap asked Calling curiously as she continued to look around for Sunshine. "Did you mean me? I was LOUD wasn't I?" She seemed oddly proud of herself for being a noisy little pest. As Calling turned away from her Scrap craned her neck, trying to see who she was talking to but didn't seem to be making any move to get out of the chilly water that seemed to herald the approach of autumn.

It wasn't until Sunshine spoke up that Scrap was able to locate her. Then she perked up and began awkwardly paddling to the shore where she sat in the shallows, water dripping from every fur and feather on her body. "But how will we find the yriveyr tyreasuyre if we leave the yriveyr? Did Leaf leave? Or was he KIDNAPPED?! We should go yrescue him!" At that she seemed to abandon her treasure hunt game and leapt from the water, shaking vigourously and likely dousing her two companions. "Will you join us yriveyr guayrdian?" Her beak gaped open in an excited grin as she looked at Calling. "I bet you know all the places ayround heyre he might be!"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Calling's eyes widened a bit as Scrap boasted about her loudness, but as she considered it, Scrap's exuberance was a little catching. She found herself wanting to join her on whatever adventure she was following or creating as she went about her life. She was still a little miffed about being plunged into the freezing cold water from the stream, but it was hard not to forgive the little gryphon Samanayr bobbing comically in the water. So when Scrap jumped out of the stream, shaking and sending little droplets of crystalline water arcing through the air, and asked if she wanted to join her on her adventure, Calling couldn't help but agree to join her. "I don't exactly live heyre, but I may be able to show you a few places to look."
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Don't want this to die yet...))

At Calling's statement that she didn't really live here she had Scrap's (temporarily) undivided attention. "Do you come fyrom the mountain then? Did you follow the yriveyr down the the flatlands to see wheyre it lead? I did! I did! Well, not the yriveyr...we didn't have one foyr me to follow. But I came down out of the mountains! Momma said new nestling-foals weyre comming and it was time foyr me to to take my name and see the woyrld! So she gave me the name Scyrap of Windblown Mischief and told me to go befoyre Pappa thyrew me off a cliff! That sounded fun and I almost stayed but the otheyr mammas said she didn't mean foyr yreal. And the woyrld is so much biggeyr than I thought it would be! I'm glad I came out heyre."

For a moment after she finished her fast paced ramble Scrap's beak gaped open in yet another grin. Then she paused, feeling like she was forgetting something. Chewing one talon absently she looked around, muttering and clucking to herself. Spotting Sunshine she squeaked. "Oh! Leaf! Sunshine, the yriveyr guayrdian is going to help us find him! Come on!"

Without waiting for a reply from either of the other mares Scrap galloped off upstream for a hundred yards or so before whirling around to see if they were following.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis

Post by AsaraDragon »

Sunshine chuckled as Scrap scampered off, and quickly trotted after.

"I'm yright behind you, Scyrap! Though peyrhaps we should let Calling lead, since she knows wheyre she's going!"
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Calling sighed as Scrap ran off, that little sa'grisayr had more energy than she had ever seen. "I guess we betteyr catch up," she mumbled to herself as she spread her wings.

Then louder she called out, "I will scout from the aiyr."
With that said, she pumped her wings and lifted off the ground, gliding above the trees, enjoying the feel of the wind whistling past her.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Scrap stared at Sunshine as though the idea of letting someone at least halfway familiar with the area had never occured to her. "Oooh, good idea! But she's going to fly and lead us!" Bouncing, her own wings fluttering with no sign that she intended to fly as well, Scrap waved cheerily up at Calling as the other Sa'grisayr flew by. Then a sudden look of panic crossed her normally cheerful face. "Wait! We didn't tell you what he looked like! Come back yriveyr guayrdian! We have to tell you who Leaf is! He's a stallion! He found a tasty bug eayrlieyr but I don't think he still has it! Sunshine, huyrry, you have to tell heyr about Leaf befoyre she goes too fayr!" By now Scrap was dancing in place, seeming to have forgotten that her own wings were perfectly capable of carrying her up to Calling.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image