The Great Bird Hunt - finished! Items! See last page!

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: The Great Bird Hunt

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Gyre was absently nodding his head, glad that Gem was feeling better with the moss over her scrapes, watching her ears flick back and forth. After the Healer's song he was feeling much better, but it was still easy to lapse into a vague, almost trancelike state just staring at something. It probably looked very odd; he had just asked her to join his Song and now he was staring at her ears. Her excited chirp snapped him back to reality again though and his eyes brightened in turn.

Then they dimmed slightly as he remembered something he had neglected to specify about his Song. "Eyr, I pyrobably should have mentioned...we don't have a hotspyring. I...I wasn't yready to settle down, and the mayres agyreed to join me and tyravel with me. We'yre nomadic..." He watched her cautiously to see if this would change her opinion of his Song. "But you'yre still veyry welcome to join. I...think that afteyr this I'm going to tyry going somewheyre wayrmeyr. Maybe the ocean?"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Gem turned her ears when she heard him explain how it would be a nomadic song, "Really? That's quite intyerestying. I wyould enjoy that, I do lyike tyravel." She stepped toward him again slightly and then heard him talk about a warmer place and the ocean, "Ohh, I wyould enjoy being in a wayrmeyr, and the ocyean? I have nyever been there before, but it sounds like a beautifyul place." She sighed happily, her tail flicking back and forth slightly like a happily.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

The lift of her ears and the interest in her voice were quite reassuring to Gyre. Even more so was the step that Gem took towards him and her interest in travel. He grinned, slightly sillily, and took a step forwards to meet her. Tentatively he stretched his head out to nuzzle the side of her neck. He most heartily agreed about being in a warmer place. And at least he had the fur on his head and legs. She had not a single hair to help warm her, and no catgryph either. Tilting his head slightly Gyre found the white speck on the cliff by the bird that was Moonlight, reassuring himself that his pet was still around.

"I have neveyr seen the ocean eitheyr, though my fatheyr once met a mayre who lived theyre. It sounds so...impossible." To a desert born boy anyways. Gyre's seeking out Moonlight had also reminded him that he wasn't exactly alone here with Gem, and the others were starting to trickle away, back to the hotsprings or their own homes. Lifting his head he looked back down the sloping path and chirped inquisitively. "I think I missed something heyre..."
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Gem cooed softly when he nuzzled her, a faint blush creeping up onto her cheeks. She then followed his gaze to see his catgryph, and then she looked back at him. "I hyave heard many storyies about the ocyean, but I bet they would not compyare to the real thing." She then noticed that some of the others were beginning to leave, "Do you wish to go see your other myares? I wyould like to meet them. I mean, if that is alryight with you, of course." She chirped softly.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

After some discussion, the process of ferrying the Samanayrs who couldn't make the journey back to the Hotsprings began. Halcyon would hunker down as low to the ground as she could while Arrow, Rider and, after a while, Glint would help the exhausted passenger on, strapping them in firmly. The Samanayrs that were still able to walk under their own power wandered away in dribs and drabs while Glint made an effort to thank each one personally. To his astonishment his earlier attempts to remember each individual by name were more or less successful.

The Hotsprings weren't too far away by air, and it not yet evening when Halcyon returned to the path. Glint had stayed there with the remaining Samanayrs, but he was alone as Halcyon landed in the warm light of late afternoon. Rider looked over her shouder at him, not dismounting.

"Can you make it back, or do you need our help?" Rider called to Glint.

The Kirin, now feeling much improved after the ministrations from the Healer and a long rest, bristled a little at the implication that he couldn't make the journey back on his own. "I'm fine now, it was just a little tumble, but thank you for the offer." He hesitated a moment, then said, "And, well, thank you for saving me."

"Thank you for finding the creature for me," Rider said with a laugh. We'd almost lost the trail, and it likely would have gone into hiding if you fine folks hadn't drawn it out."

Glint wasn't sure how to take this comment, so he said instead, "How long will it be before you return with the bounty?"

"Shouldn't be more than a few days." The Rider glanced at the sky. "In fact, we'll be off now while there's still daylight left. See you soon!"

The falcon took off as Rider whistled to her, diving from the edge of the cliff and then rising in a spiral as she caught a thermal with Arrow following behind. They headed south while Glint stood watching, until they were just a dot on the horizon.

It had certainly been an interesting day. Glint heaved a sigh, wincing at the lingering soreness in his ribs, before continuing up the path. It would probably be best to talk to the Song of High Ice before he headed back. Although he was bone-tired and felt as though he could sleep for a week, there was still work to be done.
- - -
As promised, Rider returned several days later in the midst of a gentle snowfall. The shadow of Halcyon swept over the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings, and although Glint was glad to see that the Samanayr had kept his promise he wished he had picked a warmer day to return. With a sigh, Glint heaved himself from the warm hotspring, shook as much water as he could manage from his coat, and then trotted the short distance to the Expedition HQ.

Arrow was just undoing the last of the buckles on Halcyon's harness when Glint arrived. The white stallion cried a greeting to him, leaping gracefully from Halcyon's back when he was free of the harness. The falcon eyed Glint and made a quiet muttering noise.

"Success!" Rider cried, "We claimed the bounty for the creature. Granted, it wasn't much, and with the split between us and you it won't keep food in our bellies for too long.. but it's better than nothing!"

Arrow appeared at his side clutching a small sack that appeared to be bulging with coins. Glint, who didn't have much experience with money, stared at it, not certain what he should do.

"We also got you these!" Rider whistled something at Arrow, and the dragonet darted back to Halcyon. After a brief flurry of activity, Arrow returned with another small sack and delicately untied the drawstring with its paws. The dragonet withdrew an item from the sack and held it up for Glint's inspection.

It appeared to be a small metal replica of a bear claw tied into a leather lanyard. From what Glint could see, the sack was full of them.

Rider chuckled at the Kirin's confused expression. "Just a little souvenir of our adventure together. The townspeople were happy to make them up for me when I explained how you'd assisted me. There should be enough in there for everyone. Those aren't the real bear claws, of course, they would have been much too large."

The dragonet cheeped inquiringly, holding the necklace towards Glint. He hesitated, then nodded, and Arrow draped it over his head. The Kirin angled his head down, trying to look at his new prize, and he thanked the other stallion.

"I'll leave you to distribute the coin and tokens to the others," Rider said, looking pleased that his gift had been well received. "First, there are some things we need to discuss.."

The door of the HQ suddenly opened, and a silver Sharian stepped out. It looked surprised to see the large falcon standing just before the porch, but its reaction was nothing compared to Halcyon's and Rider's. The falcon screamed as she had during the battle with the bear-creature, mantling her wings and postitioning herself between the Sharian and Rider.

The stallion, on the other hand, turned tail and ran, quickly disappearing down one of the paths. Once he had made his escape, Halcyon took off after him, still calling down insults to the bewildered Sharian. Arrow continued to sit calmly before Glint.

Glint and the Sharian stared down the path where Rider had disappeared for a minute, then looked at each other. "Any idea what that was about?" the Sharian asked him.

"None," Glint told her, craning his neck to try and see further down the path. "But that is the Samanayr I had told you about, and his falcon."

"Would you try to find them?" the Sharian asked him, looking down at the Samanayr from her much more substantial height. "We would like to speak with him."

"I'll try." Glint looked at Arrow. "I don't think he can go too far, not with his dragonet still here. He needs those nimble hands to work the buckles."

Snow continued to fall lightly as Glint started down the path Rider had disappeared down. He knew this part of the Hotsprings very well, and knew that this path would eventually lead to a dead end. At least Rider had made himself relatively easy to find - but what had prompted that reaction to the Sharian?

((Ack, sorry to take so long getting this last post finished XD; I was hoping to get it done last Friday or Saturday, but typing when you have no furniture isn't very easy.. In any case, this is the end of the Great Bird Hunt! This plot's going to be continuing soon, although I'm not sure if it'll be a story or another RP.

As for Rider, he's staying with me for the moment because he features in the next plot. He'll probably be finding a new home after that, though!

I don't have a 'coin' item, because Samanayrs don't actually use money, but I could come up with something if you'd like XD Everyone who participated does get a Bear Claw Necklace, though!

You can equip it to any Samanayr that you own. Right now it just looks like a regular accessory, but who knows if it could have an effect in the future.. You don't have to equip it to the Samanayr that participated in the RP, but remember that once you've equipped an item you won't be able to equip it to a different Samanayr!

I'll be adding the items to everyone's inventory either later this evening or tomorrow :D Thanks so much for the fantastic RP fun!))
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: The Great Bird Hunt - finished! Items! See last page!

Post by RikkuGirl »

(OOC: That was an AWESOME RP!!!! :3 I had a blast! and those necklaces look so cool! Congrats everyone and thank you Sushi! ^_^ Twas wonderful :D)
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

((Wow. I am totally intrigued about what would make Rider freak out at the sight of a Sharian! I hope that's included in the next part of the story! Thank you for the necklace, Sushi! I think Reflection is going to save it for a gift for her new sibling. XD This really was fun, I hope we do it again soon!))
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
zeigfreid
Yearling
Yearling
Favorite Sam species: Elemental

Post by zeigfreid »

Hi

(( This was really cool: I'll participate in the next one for sure (as soon as I have a more down to earth Sam to RP with). I really hope that these Sushi lead RPs get everyone more excited to lead and participate in their own RPs on the RP forum! Thanks SushiDragon! ))

z.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Whoo! Yay, lots of fun RPing! I too hope for more to come and that people will be inspired to start and join other RPs too! Can't wait to find more about Rider and his fear of Sharian, be it in another RP or in a story Sushi posts! I'm wondering now if he was raised among humans and taught that the Sharian were just as bad as most Sams probably think humans are. Thanks for hosting this Sushi! And thanks for the adorable necklaces! Now to determine where it goes...))

With a sigh that was both wistfully longing and suddenly very tired Gyre nodded. He could see the great bird gathering itself to take off with the first of the passengers, and others were trickling away back down the path. A hot spring sounded like just the thing right now, if his mares would let him get there before asking where he'd gone. "Yes...them and a wayrm spyring sounds wondeyrful yright now. I'm suyre they'll like you too." He was slightly confused as to why he might not want her to meet Sibyl and Gem, but it didn't seem worth the effort of asking. Whistling for Moonlight he turned and headed back down the path, back to the Headquarters, his lovely mares, and a nice hot soak. And whatever else his journey might bring, with yet another companion at his side.

((And presumably Glint will find him before he actually leaves to travel elsewhere so that he can get his share of the prizes... XD))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

((A huge thank-you to all of the participants in the 400th Samanayr draw! It was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to leading another RP soon :D I'll skip over the summary that I posted on PI because you were all here for the actual RP!

All RP participants, whether you made one post or 10, received a Bear Claw Necklace and Small Siler Coins! The Necklace is an equippable accessory, and can be equipped to any Samanayr that you own. The Coins are an accessory material and can be used when crafting an item. The items should all be in your inventories now - please let me know if there's any missing!

For more information on accessory materials, see the Accessories Shop under Special Materials:

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=338

To equip a Necklace, please make a post on the Equip board:

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=20 ))
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog