The Great Bird Hunt - finished! Items! See last page!

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Re: The Great Bird Hunt

Post by Esperanza »

Gem nodded when he answered her question, "I thyink it was saying about it hurtying...?" She murmured to him, trying to calm herself down. She noticed some of the others moving toward the beast but her legs felt like jelly right now. She couldn't really help, she didn't have sharp claws, or wings to fly with, but if the beast did come near her and threatened her, she certainly had to try and fight against it. She looked at Gyre beside her and wondered what he was thinking about. She heard him mutter something but she couldn't exactly understand it. She took a small step forward, trying not to look afraid. Though on the inside she was fearful.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Ferocity reared back in alarm as the beast opened it maw again, expecting another roar or equally unpleasant surprise to emerge from that terrifying ring of teeth. She saw other members of their began to recover from the initial panic the beast had caused among them and many seemed to be preparing for a fight but between the cries of the group and the creature roar still ringing in her ears she almost missed the words that's tumbled roughly from the dragon's mouth. Clumsy and thick as they were she could barely understand that it was speaking samanayr but she caught enough of the speech to make her hesitate - the beast was in pain. Before she had a chance to react it had charged, coming within a few feet of her as it barreled into Glint. The kirin stallion vanished from her view as dragon's massive shoulder nearly smashed into her and she got a frighteningly good look at the spines that ran down its back.

Stumbling back a few steps she saw the rainbow stallion vanish over the edge of the cliff to quickly for her or anyone else to stop his fall. The beast had backed off, eyeing the rest of the group as if wondering who to attack next. She was torn wondering if she should stay and help fight the creature or go after the falling stallion. The Misery had already gone over after Glint but she didn't know if he'd be able to stop the stallions fall on his own.

"Come on! Come get me! I’m not pudgy but id make a good snack!!! Huyrry! Get Glint! We need to move, anywheyre with coveyr!"

Decision made she dove over side of the cliff after the Misery, wings flattened against her back as she fell hoping she hadn't wasted too much time. Glint well below her by now but both she and the Misery were gaining on him. "Faster, faster...com on..." she muttered to herself pulling her wings in a close to her body as he could.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

Mouth agape as Glint went sailing, batted aside by the creature's huge paw as if he weighed nothing, Tyger turned to face the great creature, barreling down upon them. He had seen the Misery and a fiery looking mare go after Glint and knew it would be up to them to save him, but now this beast was almost upon them!

"Be safe" he told Reflection, making sure she knew he meant it, and then he took to the air; he wasn't as strong a flyer as some of the others among them, but Tyger knew he had little chance on the ground, he would be crushed under the creature's massive paws.

Emitting a shrill, screaming whinny, Tyger dove at the creature's face, avoiding the massive teeth, trying to go for its blood red eyes.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Chilling kept darting at the creature, over and over. She hoped it would be consumed with her, until she saw Tyger fly to help.

"Keep its attetion on us!" She said to Tyger as she continued her diversion. All she needed now was for the group to get their heads back and run, nothing more could be done.

"Take tuyrns! The moyre of us that go at him, the hayrdeyr it will be foyr him to focus on one of us..." She eyed Tyger as he narrowly escaped the creatures teeth, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth.

"Keep it up!" She said as she darted at the creature again, her arms getting tired and bruised. She was not used to physical contact and with each swoop, she found herself wincing. She was glad Tyger came to help.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

Gust could do nothing but watch the chaos ensue in front of him. This thing was speaking their language. Could the beast possibly be some sort of Samanayr? Confusion swept over him as he felt his front feet fall back to the safe earth beneath him. Hurt... was it hurting? Was it trying to tell them they were being too loud? Or maybe it just wanted to hurt them, seeing as the words simply after made the apparent. Kill. It was out to kill. And as Glint moved on to say his forceful words, he could only watch in shock as the thing swept him off the cliff side. Though, watching the Misery who stood before himself dash off the edge after him, he knew he could only stay to help and hope the stallion was caught in time.

What were they to do now? Try to reason with it like Glint had tried, but at a safer distance? Or flee, and try to get everyone as far away as possible? But those foals immediately came to his mind as he thought of this. If they were to flee, surely the foals would be doomed. But by the time he came to his conclusion, he saw those two attacking the beast. Fidgeting slightly with uncertainty at their actions, he folded those wings right against his back once again as he backed up just a bit. They needed to get to a safe distance away, but he also had to try to reason with him. If that failed, he wouldn't know exactly what to do. And while being attacked, the beast would surely be quick to make hasty and irrational decisions. And so he worked fast, bowing his head down submissively as he kept his eyes on those massive paws of his.

"We can stop the hurt, just do not attack!" he said in a stern, yet rather calm voice that he hoped was just loud enough to carry over much of the other's voices. If this failed, he only hoped another Samanayr would do the right thing to calm it. He was sure out running this thing without more being swept off the cliff would be tough, but if nothing else worked quick, he knew they'd have no choice.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

The creature's speech was difficult to understand, but the mare understood 'kill' easily enough- the word itself, along with the raging glares, resonated with something inside of her. She involuntarily inched forward as she thought of all the possible ways she could attack it, itching to get one of her poison spurs into something soft enough for them; and then Glint was thrown over the edge. That event was initially just a bit sobering for Calamity- maybe it would be best to fight it with magic, rather than her preferred hands on approach- but the ensuing chaos after their leader's disappearance was completely disarming. She could hardly focus on the beast, with all of the varied, conflicting actions happening around her...without a plan of some sort, with something they could all follow together, they were just going to end up with a lot of injured Samanayrs, or worse. Part of her could enjoy that, certainly...but part of her really just wanted to defeat such a powerful opponent, and this certainly wasn't the way towards that.
      The most interesting tactic before her came from the mare with the lullaby voice, who she had hardly even noticed before- it was a gutsy move, to say the least, but it did have a certain logic to it, though it was of a type alien to her. She couldn't imagine it actually working, but it struck her curiosity strongly enough for all that; maybe it would be worth delaying her blood-lust just to see how it would play out. The mare stood still for a moment, pondering which would be the most interesting option for her...and finally let her curiosity win out. Without another thought, she sent a loose wall of wispy blue flames out as a shield, or more properly as the threat of one- just something that might serve as a way to gain the attentions of all the Sams around them, and perhaps bring them back to order. One dancing arm, a bit more solid than the rest, reached towards the harnessed mare to give her whatever chance she had, as Calamity's attentions started to focus completely on the area between her and the creature.
      A moment before she completed that focus though, she had the presence of mind to ask the Sa'krien beside her one question, though if her tone was one of frustration, sarcasm, or intense concentration was certainly debatable. "I don't suppose you think you'd have any luck with yrallying the tyroops, do you?"

((For anyone who read an earlier version of this post before and was offended...I'm really, really sorry, because that wasn't what I wanted to do with it. I just wanted to explain why a demon-spawned Elemental would actually agree to be an asset to a team effort like this, while still being...well, mean within herself. It was really poorly worded though, and that's completely my fault...I have to say, I never thought I was much of a writer. *crooked smile* I've toned her down now, but I still want to say...her opinion is not the same as mine. I've loved reading everyone's responses, and I enjoy all the different characters who have come out. So, once again...I'm sorry.))
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((@ Janalee - oh good, I'm not going crazy! I could have sworn you had made a post with flames in it but I couldn't find it when I was looking back and thought I had imagined it XD Don't worry, I wasn't offended, and I completely understand, I mean she IS a balefire elemental... ))

Just as Glint had discovered, Spirit found his own access of the creature’s mind shielded. Was the creature sentient? Maybe with strong psychic powers of its own, enough to block out their telepathy? Spirit didn’t have much time to think it over as he began to sense words in the creature’s roars and growls. It seemed to be growling about a hurt but whether the creature itself was actually hurt or injured or whether it was foretelling injury caused to it by the group of Samanayrs readying themselves for possible battle he couldn't tell. Suddenly the creature darted forward and when Glint tried to warn and reason with it, it shot out a clawed paw and swiped at Glint knocking him fully off the cliff. Spirit couldn’t believe how fast things had begun to go downhill, literally.

Spirit’s eyes followed Glint having little time to react himself before it was too late and he had no wings of his own to even attempt a rescue. Luckily that misery, having already alighted into the air at the beast’s appearance, tucked in his wings diving to the rescue, followed shortly after by a pretty lamanayr mare. He hoped that the beast would not try and follow, the rescue would be difficult enough without having to evade as well. Soon enough a suitable distraction was created, a bunch of Samanayrs started dive bombing the creature, but Spirit hoped that they weren’t just confirming the creature’s prediction of hurting and enraging it even further.

When the elemental mare started summoning fire, Spirit began to worry about the possibility that they might end up hurting one another by accident. When he heard the mare ask the sa'krien about rallying the troops, he quickly stepped over to her avoiding the flaming sheild. "Do you have a plan? I could help with spyreading the woyrd. I have neveyr tyried comminicating psychically with such a layrge gyroup befoyre, but I can ceyrtainly tyry"

Shaking out his mane he continued, "at the veyry least I can tyry calming those who are fyrozen in feayr or unsuited for such a battle and suggest a yreatreat back down the path a ways to give more yroom. I've alyready tyried accessing the mind of the cyreature but it is shielded somehow."
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Psychic communication? Calamity blinked in surprise; after this was all over, she'd really have to learn more about Kirin powers. Still, it would certainly work to their advantage now, if it was successful. She continued listening while watching the creature intently; now wasn't the time to lose focus, even to make sure that it was her he was talking to. After it seemed he had finished, she nodded, and answered him surprisingly politely for herself; she still felt a bit wary of his species, even though that should hardly have been a concern at the moment.
      "If you would tyry to byring them all togetheyr as a gyroup, behind and ayround us as you would have them, that would be well; theyre is no plan yet, except that we need to come up with one. I do want to know if what the oyrange mayre with the hayrness is doing will woyrk though; peyrhaps you could have heyr continue."
      For a brief moment, she couldn't help but be shocked with herself; she almost felt she should 'accidentally' send some of the flames briefly into a Sam or two, just to make up for this nice streak she had going. The thought of her mother's dismay at this present situation appeased her enough that she resisted though; and besides, the idea of having power over a group this size was intoxicating. It might even be worth helping out- for a brief moment, anyway. She'd have to see.

((@ silvermoondragon: *laughs* I could definitely see where that would make you wonder if you were imagining things; sorry for taking it down for a bit while I rewrote it. ^^ I just figured it was for the best...though I'm glad I managed not to offend one person with it anyway. *grins*))
Slydogg121
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: all

Post by Slydogg121 »

Shifting Sands crept towards the front, step by step. Then he heard its rumbles and shrill trills, it sounded like words. The Samanayr language, being butchered coming out of a mouth full of dagger sharp teeth, was barely intelligible. It sounded like the beast was confused at being hurt by something, and wanting to kill it? Oh dear, he thought to himself, this does not spell any kind of good news.
He Saw Glint react to the beasts words, rearing up, and being swatted over the lip of the cliff, he caught his breath as the Misery dove after him, another flew to help, he could only hope they could catch Glint, before he was smashed on the rocks below.

He noticed that the balefire mare was trying to protect the group, a few were trying to dive bomb and distract the beast and the lone mare was trying to urge soothing words and tones upon the beast. He decided to join the little mare, he tucked his wings in tight, dropped his head a bit and walked up behind the mare, listening intently to the tones and pitches she was using, trying to mimic them, his voice was a bit deeper, but he thought it was a good approximation.
Keeping his voice low he asked her "Is there anything else I can do to help?" He kept up the shushing sounds she was making, hearing her ask the beast questions he decided to just make the sounds, too many voices were already being thrown at the beast. I wonder if perhaps the great bird had hurt its young as well, or whether the bird had forced it out of its nesting territory. His head was starting to hurt with all the strange things he was coming across, but he tried his best to keep the pain out of his voice. He stayed well behind the mare, ensuring that he didn't trip her should she need to move quickly and vice versa.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

((sorry for the delay in my post, I'll try to get to it first thing tomorrow - headached tonight o_x))
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

A strange heat flicked at Odyssey's side, and out of the corner of her eye she noticed a strange tongue of flame that curled back and forth like a living thing. But this was hardly going to trump the importance of the great beast in front of her, so after assuring herself it didn't mean her harm she turned all her attention back to the dragon.

But someone else had crept up while she had been distracted, continuing her quiet, calming noises was a stallion whom she hadn't previously payed a whole lot of attention to. His question was unexpected, but without letting her gaze stray from the creature she answered as though still soft-talking to the dragon, her words interspersed with shushing noises. "ShShhh... Look for blood. Tchtch... We need to find out what is hurting it."

She paid him little attention after that, other than noticing that he didn't approach any further than she did and hoping he kept his wings lowered.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

(OOC: Jana! Dont doubt your ability :3 your quite the AWESOME writer ^_^ *snugs*)
My Sams!

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Reflection shook her head a bit, trying to snap herself out of the panic that had frozen her in place. She heard Tyger tell her to stay safe, and nodded. She looked around, and felt a pang of shame at how many of the Sams had leaped into action. Indecision kept her where she was. She was not a strong flyer, there was no way she could help with Glint, and she did not have the agility or any magical abilities to help fight the monster, whatever sort it might be.

She tried desperately to think of what she could do to help, but nothing was coming to mind. Then it occurred to her, if Ferocity and the Misery could rescue Glint, he might still be hurt, and they would need a somewhat sheltered place to bring him, to keep him from further injury. She turned and ran back down the path, hoping to find some sort of small cave, or even a overhang of rock that might provide a clear place for him to rest.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The creature roared as Chilling dove at it, swatting at her with a paw. When the Lamanayr made her second pass, the creature heaved itself up onto its hind legs, exposing the cream-colored scales of its underside. The scales here were much smaller and didn't overlap as tightly as the scales on its back and sides. As it rose, it also spread its leathery, draconic wings, flapping them slightly for balance. Compared to the armor of the rest of its body, the wings appeared downright delicate.

On its hind legs, the creature towered over the Samanayrs on the path. It roared with frustration as first Chilling, then Tyger, dove at it. The red eyes made a difficult target, recessed deep in its face and with bony ridges hanging over them. A determined winged creature might be able to get at them, if they could avoid those sharp teeth and massive claws.

No more words could be heard in the cries it made, and it was hard to tell if it actually understood the things that were being said to it. It just seemed to be a strange, wild animal, enraged beyond all reason.

--

Meanwhile, as Misery and Ferocity dove after the cliff after Glint, they could see that the situation was dire. The limp form of the Kirin was plunging towards the sharp rocks below, and there wouldn't be enough time for either of them to reach him before he struck the ground. His splayed limbs slowed his descent ever so slightly, but it just wasn't enough..

There was a sudden flash of brown and white beneath them as something feathered and large moved in between Glint and the ground. Narrow gold-brown wings brought the creature beneath Glint just in time, and he landed with a soft thud on the soft brown of its back. It banked and turned away from the cliff, gaining height.

The impact woke Glint from his doze, and also knocked the breath out of him. He had no idea where he was, and the last thing he could remember was the paw of the creature coming towards him. Whatever he was on seemed to be moving, and he felt something digging into his shoulders. He looked up into the face of a Kreenasa dragonet - it seemed to be holding on to him, and chattered something at him that he couldn't understand.

"We'll be on the ground in the moment!" someone shouted at him over the noise of the wind, "just hold on until then!" Glint, still struggling to catch his breath, couldn't respond.

--

A shadow fell over the group of Samanayrs as a huge falcon flew overhead, coming to land carefully on the path behind them. The Northern Song, their attention taken away from the bear-dragon, turned to stare at it.

"The bird!" Shear cried.

"What have you done with our foals?" one of the mares shouted at it.

The falcon folded its wings and crouched down. Glint tumbled unceremoniously from its back to the ground as the dragonet released him, turning its attention to the figure that lay on the bird's back. There was a series of metallic clicks, and then a Samanayr dropped more gracefully to the ground beside Glint.

"We need to kill this thing!" the stallion yelled, while the falcon mantled its wings and shrieked at the creature. It bellowed in return, still distracted by the winged Samanayrs. "Go for its eyes, its wings, its belly!"

((Oops, long post is long XD

@Janalee - I didn't see your original post, but I haven't had any problems with any of your posts so far o_o I think you're playing your character well - she's just not the nicest Sam!))
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Reflection had not gotten very far down the path when she heard one of the Northern Sams yell about the bird.

"Oh no, first that thing, and now the bird?" she thought to herself.

She quickly turned around and returned to the group, only to be greeted by the strange sight of a Samanayr leaping from the back of the bird! Glint lay in a heap on the ground next to it.

Determined not to let fear get to her any more, Reflection rushed to Glint's side, to see if there was anything she could do to help him. She already knew she could do nothing to assist the sams who were battling the monster.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Misery nearly fell out of the air in surprise as a giant bird appeared underneath Glint, catching him and saving him from a death on the rocks. Flapping him wings furiously, he recovered, and followed the bird back to the fight above. There, the situation had gotten worse, fast. Misery stared, still a bit in shock from Glint's timely save by the bird, until he heard someone speak.

"We need to kill this thing! Go for its eyes, its wings, its belly!"

Startled again, he glanced down from where he hovered in the air, spying a Samanayr beside the bird. Where the heck had he come from, he wondered. But there was no more time for wondering. The creature needed to be killed, and from his vantage point in the sky, he could see the eyes of the beast.

"Get away from it's head!" he shouted towards the two dive-bombing it, as lightning started to crackle in the fur on his back. Overhead, storm clouds gathered, and Misery drifted higher, appearing to be pulled up be their presence. Once he judged that enough of a charge had built up, he narrowed his eyes, and let a burst of lightning go. It arrowed down, aiming for the red eyes that glared at the group.

((First attempt to portray him using magic XD Let me know if I've done something wrong Sushi!))
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Ferocity watched in dismay as Glint neared the ground positive that neither she nor the Misery could reach him in time to stop his fall.

It was all Ferocity could do not to tumble out of the air in surprise as Glint's rescue came not from her or the Misery but from an enormous shape below them. She heard the stallion lad with a distinct thump on its back as she hastily pulled out of her dive, wings and shoulder blades protesting as air ballooned too quickly underneath them and brought her to a awkward halt in the air. The bird, for she could now clearly the shape of the mysterious rescuer, swooped past, Glint safely on its back along with too other form, one which looks distinctly like samanayr-kin. Shooting the Misery a confused glance she turned and followed the bird back to the path and the rest of their group. The fight did not seem to be going well, the dragon creature only seemed to be more enraged and was now actively fighting back against the forms that circled its head.

"Wait!" she yelled, fumbling her rushed landing a bit in her hast to get between the angry northern song and the samanayr and its companions. "He's helping us if you hadn't noticed! There are more pressing matters to deal with at the moment. If you even want to have a chance of seeing those foals again I suggest you listen to him and focus on getting out of this mess unharmed." Giving the Norther song a sharp glare she turned and took flight again, this time at the dragon. Th Misery was already taking care of its eyes and she had no desire to get in the way of the crackling bolts of lighting so instead swooped towards it now exposed chest. Racking sharp hooves across the exposed skin of its belly she veered off, getting out of the way in case the beast decided to retaliate against the attack.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Trusted
Foal
Foal

Post by Trusted »

((Is it too late to introduce a new character? Even though he doesn't actually 'exist' yet. I'm also actually not sure how far they'd come.))

Fall of the Autumnal Leaf stumbled into the clearing, folding his leathery wings. He looked a sight, his mane everywhere and his legs askew, as he regained his balance, he coughed. But no-one seemed to notice him, as usual. His tail lashed angrily.
"What happened? What did I miss?" He panted, breathing heavily, having heard the roars of the beast. With a comically majestic flick of his head, he cleared his vision from his long fringe and saw the beast. He cried out in horror and ducked behind an already cowering Desert Samanayr.
At last he managed to gather up the courage to peek out from behind the mare. Distracted by the huge bird and the strange Sam with the dragonlet beyond, one of his paws trod directly and painfully onto the Sam's short tail, staring at the creatures in disbelief.
"Hey! Watchit, would ya?" He heard her snap irritably. This group was already in a dangerous situation and couldn't afford to be bitter to fellow songs.
"Sorry, didn't see you. But hey, hi! I'm Fall," he stated proudly and held out a clawed paw. The mare looked smugly at it and turned back to the action.
"I'm Prancer. Prancer of the Desert Slopes. And hello. Now, if you don't mind, I have kin to save," and she loped away. Fall could see now her dull brown colours that matched his own, and that she was wingless. He laughed proudly and glanced down at his webbed spines, relieved that he at least had these flight bearers.
He also realized that he was being useless in just staying out of the way. He was needed! He spread his wings proudly and jumped into the air. Suddenly they burst into action and flapped vigorously in order to keep him in the air. Stabilizing his senses, he got himself in gear and connected with the atmosphere around him. All of a sudden he felt lighter and his wings eased off and easily bore him in flight. He did a few majestic poses and eventually flew off to look for a job, encouraged by a screeching roar from the beast.
Last edited by Trusted on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

((Super late entry ftw!))

Aurora had been meandering about, minding her own business as she nibbled on bits of this and that. She took a quiet joy in tittering at the songbirds in the trees, and startling the cold weather grasshoppers from the blue green iceferns. She had no particular place to be, and no real hurry to get there - and was enjoying the whole lazy decadence of it.

She hadn't been on her own for too long - having only left her mother's side a few months back (well grown though she was) - and so the newness of indepdence and lack of responsibility for others hadn't quite worn off yet in lieu of loneliness and need for chatter. However, being as near as she was to the Song of the Rainbow Hotspring's domain - she HAD been contemplating just popping in for a visit (and maybe having a quick oogle of any particularly handsome stallions). Aurora was still turning over the idea (and ways to clean her coat to a particularly shining white-pink before she went) when she heard what sounded like .... fighting? Or at least lots of shouting and roaring and .... basically lots of ANGRY sounds from not too far off.

Aurora wrinkled her nose. Being rather lacking in the offense department - having only blunted hooves and no claws, spikes or antlers to speak of - she wasn't really much of an asset in a fight. More often than not she simply relied on her quick little legs to run her furred form off fast enough so that whatever was tailing her decided that catching her really wasn't worth the effort. Violence was not her fortay - usually just avoiding it all together was.

At the same time... she was unsettled by the idea that there might be someone in need of help, and her running in the other direction would leave them stuck in a bad state. She waffled and grumbled, and finally struck a deal with her conscience - she'd sneak up and see if there was anything she could do. If there was, she'd do her best - if not, she'd hightail it out of there faster than a catgryph after a mouse!

Aurora tried to sneak silently towards the noises, a feat rather marred by the fact that she had little practice in it and her fluff kept snagging on bushes and branches as she ducked and wove around various obstacles. Finally she gave up on the "sneaking" part and decided "silent" was more important - and simply tried to approach as cautiously as possible. The noises and snarling and snapping grew upsettingly louder as she neared - and she was having a hard time repressing the urge to bolt. She gritted her teeth, determined to at least make a VISUAL assessment of the situation before she ran off.

In front of her, the area was just beginning to clear enough for her to be able to make out SOMETHING - there were lots of colors, and what looked like a whole mess of Samanayrs dashing back and forth. Aurora iiiiinched closer, trying to figure out what was actually going on when she disturbingly noticed her white fluff beginning to lift from her body and stick outward - crackling very faintly with what sounded like static electricity. The mare stopped, becoming rather too alarmed to venture further - when a large bolt of lightning (and accompanying crack of thunder) crashed out of the blue not more than a 100 paces before her - in what seemed straight into the milling masses of Samanayrs.

Aurora's eyes became large, she managed to let out one rather shrill yipe before her vocal chords simply stopped working (leaving her poor mouth opening and closing in a rather silent fishlike fashion), and she stood still - transfixed with shock, and looking rather more like a ginormous static-charged dandelion poof than any self respecting Samanayr should.
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Gem looked at Gyre and turned her ears forward, something about all this excitement had got her blood pumping. She did have a tendancy to get an adrenaline rush but she wasn't sure exactly how to help. She looked at Gyre once more, and stood up straighter. "Lets go beat this bird," She said excitedly, and without another choice she ran through the group, using her speed to ram straight into its belly and then turn around and kicked it with her hard back feet.

((In her character profile it does mention how she can get an adrenaline rush, after being fearful. She's just wierd like that. XD))
Trusted
Foal
Foal

Post by Trusted »

Fall had found no job to be done, wether it was nursing or what. Growing tired, he settled back down, shivering, and turned to watch a small samanayr rushing around and kicking the beast. ((Gem. She's so cute!))
Then he looked up at the few sams diving at it's head. Shaking his shivers off bravely, he rose up to join them in the sky. As he neared the beast he saw its lolling eyes, rolling around to look at the figures before Fall, and suddenly he felt very small. Very small indeed.
For a few seconds he stayed back and watched the others move. He studied them carefully and made up his mind. He childishly preformed a loop-the-loop and cried heroically, "Duh duh duh DUH!" and dive-bombed the creature. The impact hurt him a lot, but he ignored it and flew up again, breathing fast. It wailed a high-pitched wail and swatted at Fall. He easily dodged its great claws and flew higher, amazed at his newly-discovered talent. He smirked at the creature as another sam, flapping his feathered wings, threw a stone at the thing and caught it squarely on the nose. It shook the pain off with a cry and fixed his eyes on Fall, thinking that he had thrown it. "Uh oh," he whimpered to himself and tried his best to dodge its menacing blows. But in vain. As he was distracted by one set of claws that had just narrowly missed him, another struck him full on from behind. He cried out and fell, tumbling out of the sky like a shot plane. As he fearfully neared the ground, he closed his eyes. "This is it," he said quietly to himself and he met the ground with an agonizingly audible thud.
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

Fissure barely noticed when the elemental moved up beside her, as focused as she was on the beast threatening the group. When it knocked Glint aside, she was frozen for a moment; that had not crossed her mind! She caught a glimpse of one of the flyers diving after him, before she turned full attention to the beast again.

She looked it over, trying to identify a weakness, and was about to simply throw herself at its head, aiming for an eye, when it reared up, after another of the winged party members. The belly was far softer looking, and looked to be a prime target.

The sa'krien saw a new, large shadow pass over, and she almost worried about this new threat, until she heard a voice yell to kill the creature. A gleam in her eyes, she charged forward, angling her horns towards the beast's belly.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((awww, cute little falcon!!!! *squees and holds out hand to pet falcon and gets grabbed by sharp pointy talons...* It reminds me of a very lightly coloured merlin falcon))

Spirit had been about to respond to Calamity's request and try organizing the group when a dark mysterious shadow rolled overhead and he began to worry. They might have been able to fight off one of these creatures, but two? Being preoccupied with the roaring beast, Spirit had not witnessed Glint’s miraculous rescue by the giant falcon and when it landed his heart sunk even more, now the bird came, after they were already up to their necks in enough trouble with the one creature.

When Glint tumbled rather awkwardly off the falcon’s feathery back Spirit’s hope returned and his astonishment doubled as another Samanayr leapt down gracefully, this one wearing a strange helmet and harness. If they had rescued Glint then maybe they could help out with the enraged beast that would no doubt begin injuring their party quite soon. It was miraculous that no one had sustained serious injuries already.

Listening to its master’s commands, or at least Spirit assumed that the mysterious Samanayr was the master, the falcon raised up its wings, puffing out all its feathers as Spirit had seen other, much smaller falcons do when a rival came too close to its prey. Its shrill screech made Spirit ears ring and it took him a few minutes to react to everything that seemed to be happening all at once. A butterfly winged mare had already rushed over to Glint’s side to see how he was doing, so Spirit turned his attention back to the creature. He looked up to see the misery and some ugly storm clouds forming high up above, lightning began crackling and sparking and Spirit hoped that the misery would be able to control it well enough to avoid the Samanayrs.

“Watch out!” he called out, “Stay away from the creatuyre when the lightning strikes.”

He tried warning the other Samanayrs who might be too close, better safe than sorry. Lightning was dangerous and once striking the beast would find the path of least resistance to the ground and discharge. However well the misery could control the storm, he could not change the nature of the electricity itself and any Samanayrs in the way could be seriously hurt with their small size. He had never actually witnessed the destructive power of a lightning strike but he had seen firsthand the results on numerous trees, splitting the trees clean down the middle leaving them in splinters of their former glory.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

(OOC: WOW! You guys are all GREAT writers ^_^ We must do this again. I have to say this is a total blast! You all are so great! I cant wait to rp again *wiggles excitedly*)

Chilling was quite distracted by the monster and the yelling, her heart was beating fast. Dodging and maneuvering every one of the creature’s attacks, Chilling made it look easy to escape a large monsters grasp. Only through YEARS of practice in aviation and defensive maneuvering could anyone hope to be as well off in the sky as Chilling. Taking more pride in that than any other hobby set her apart from the rest of the fliers; it was her happiness, her hobby… her life.

Chilling continued to dart at the creature, her body tucking, rolling and banking with every perfect opportunity, precision was key. She was doing her best, though she was starting to tire. Her heart was beating faster than she could breathe. “This is not good…” She said to herself as she gasped to take in more air. Her ear twitched as her attention was taken by the falcon rider who mysteriously turned up behind the group. Chilling didn’t notice them until his cry of “We need to kill this thing! ...Go for its eyes, its wings, and its belly!". Her attention was taken for just enough time for the monster to hit her with a swipe of the tip of its paw. Unlike Glint she went the other way, hitting the rock wall with a soft thud.

Fortunately she was just dazed for a second; Tyger seemed to be kept the monsters attention while she struggled to revive herself, her head dazed. As she lay on the ground, shaking her head to gain composure she saw the Misery begin magic. She was mystified as clouds began to loom.

“Hey wait! Look out!” She cried as she saw Gem rush the monster, hitting it hard in the stomach. Without thought she rushed towards Gem, grabbing her with all her limbs and jumping over the cliff into the air, just as a lightning bolt touched down, narrowly missing the two. Chilling held Gem tight, her wings flapping harder now. “Woooh.. That was a close one!” She said with a smile looking down to Gem in her arms as she banked back to the ledge, placing Gem back on solid ground.

“Nice hit there!” She said as she caught her breath, her paws quivering from the scary moment. “Keep it up! You’re doing great! Just watch for the paws and lightning…” She said as she jumped back into the air, darting back at the monster in between lightning bolts, she knew the misery would do his best to keep the lightning focused on the monster, his powers seemed great.

Powerless to hurt the monster she did her best to keep it distracted, unfocused on the blood that trickled down her neck from a wound on the back of her head. Her hopes now relied on the others... she knew they would prevail.
My Sams!

Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

Gust was all too confused. The beast could speak their tongue, but hadn't responded to any talk they spat at it. Watching the two still fighting before him, he drew in a sharp breath as he prepared himself for battle. If this thing wouldn't back off, they'd make it. And it was just as he was about to spread those wings of his once again that he caught the movement of the the large bird in the corner of his eye.

Turning his head to look at it, he blinked in surprise at the fact that Glint was now rolling off the bird and onto the ground beside it. And it didn't take but a moment for him to catch sight of the new Samanayr following after the Kirin. Rather glad to see what seemed to be a friend with the bird, not wanting to have to worry about two predators coming from either side, he turned back to the beast in front of him. It was time to act, he knew, and it was echoed by the cry that came from behind very same Samanyr behind group. This thing had to die.

Being rather close to the edge, the Sa'grisayr ran straight for it. Leaping from the cliff, the feathered wings of his spread quickly and caught hold of his weight before he could fall down too far. Flapping furiously at first, he soared out away from the group before turning back toward the creature. Gaining in as much speed as possible from this distance, he kept his eyes directly on the target as he neared. Those wings of his, he could tell they were delicate and fragile. And having wings himself, he knew that if they were damaged enough, the creature wouldn't be able to flee. He guessed it was too large to run from here, and falling almost certainly meant death. And maybe they could use that, to try and push it off after its wings were damaged so the sharp rocks below would deal with it instead. Plus, the last thing they needed was this thing still flying about, trying to make a snack out of any unexpecting Samanayrs. And as he neared impact after the lightning struck, he flattened himself as best he could, beak and talons outstretched and ready. He hoped to tear right through the wing's membrane, though was more then ready for that to fail so he could latch on and do as much damage with his talons as possible instead.

( Sooo loving that trio! All of them are gorgeous. :3 )
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image