The Great Bird Hunt - finished! Items! See last page!

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Re: The Great Bird Hunt

Post by Puuka »

((Taka, I LOVE the idea of putting a little thumbnail of your Sam at the beginning of each post, really helps me remember which Sam the name belongs to. I'm terrible with names XD SO! I'm just going to go ahead and steal that idea <3))

Healer was purely exhausted. She had used most of her strength healing Glint and lending strength to the rest of the party, but as she let her song die she became aware of the other injuries of the group. She assessed her surroundings. Glint seemed okay now. There was a stallion lying on the ground with a few others around him. He seemed in the most danger at the moment. Various others were bleeding, one in particular was bleeding from the back of her head. She was afraid that might be bad too, the Mare had just passed out. Healer would have to address that next. Fatigued, she began her song again, making her way to the desert stallion that was coming in and out of consciousness.

"I know you ache, but you can't sleep now" came from a beaked Stallion to her left. She assumed this meant the injury might be concussion. She picked up the beat in her song, willing the Sam's injuries to mend. When she was sure she's done all that she could for him, she smiled "Rest now" She was all but out of strength, but there were more Samanayrs that needed her, and a strange newcomer that seems to have won the battle for them she would need to greet. No, she couldn't relax just yet.
One by one healer addressed the wounds of those in need. When there was nothing more she could do for them, she found a spot to stand out of the way and looked on as the other party members greeted and questioned this new face. It had been a long time since she'd asked so much of her healing magic, and she was severely weakened.

((Forgive me! I know this is terribly written, I have somewhere to be, but I didn't post last night so I definitely wanted to get something written this morning, hurried as it is. <3 ))
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Reflection was pathetically happy to see Tyger. She saw the look in his eyes when he noticed that she was with Glint, and started guiltily. In the chaos of the fight, she had forgotten about her little "flirtation" with Glint. That seemed so long ago now!

She made sure that Glint would be all right without her help, and moved closer to Tyger, wordlessly offering him the same support. She murmured to him quietly, "Rest now, it's all over. You were so brave!"
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Trusted
Foal
Foal

Post by Trusted »

No words could describe how relieved Fall had been to see that creature topple over the edge like a falling baby, wailing and screeching. He saw the falcon land and fold its wings majestically, calling with triumph. A very loud sigh of relief emerged from Falls' chest, and he swiftly swooped down back towards were Prancer had last been, just with a simple flick of his wings. He landed somewhat bumpily, staggering the last few feet and tripping over an unnecessary rock, dug into the ground. "Argh!"
To enlighten himself he quickly flapped his leather wings and scrabbled to his feet, looking around nervously. Had anyone seen? Yes, of course they had. Of course.

"You ok, Fall?" Prancer worriedly loped toward him, and he went red. Totally, utterly red. Typical.
"Ugh. Yeah, I'm fine. But hey, we did it! Teamwork is what killed it really," he put on a huge grin and continued. "All those sams never would have done it without me, of course though," he added hastily, and Prancer laughed a shy laugh.
"Well, a congregation is what we needed, really. We needed to get together and socialize - oh, and to kill the beast, of course," she added nervously as Fall raised his eyebrows. But he dropped them again and she relaxed, and continued,
"You know, I never asked. What song are you from?"
That was a mistake. With a furrowed brow, Fall replied.
"None. I walk alone, thank you very much."
"Oh. Then who are your parents?"
It was too much. "I walk alone," Fall snapped again, and ran off to join the celebration that was building.

It wasn't fair. All the decent mares are always asking questions. He thought he was onto something, yet of course, no. Not at all.
That was the least convenient time to ever go up to him and do what a young stallion did next.
He rushed up to Fall and shouted at him, "Hey, mister. You just missed a good mate. Why'd you do that? And anyway, why didn't you answer her question? Where are your parents?"
Oh dear.
With a snarl, Fall bent down to his height and pushed his face up to the young stallions' as hard as he could without him falling over with one, swift move.
"Listen, kid. I don't know about you, but if I were that stupid as to do what you did, I would be scared. Very scared."
Fall rose up again and shoved his paw into the Samanayr's chest with all his force. He flew back with a loud moan and landed hard on the dirty ground. Then, with a few beats of his wings, Fall rose into the air and flew out of the clearing. That was enough for one day.

((And by the way, that was supposed to be an overreaction. And can they be alone? I know a male has to be in a song to mate, but what I thought was, the stallion doesn't understand yet. I'll fix anything you want me too, sushi. And is that too violent for a Sam? I've ended now. Any more will be off the subject :) ))
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((I also think it’s a great idea!))

As the lightning hit its mark, Spirit had to admire the Misery’s skill with his magic, he was glad that no one had been in direct contact with the creature at the time, either winding up for another kick or swooping around to reassess where to come in for another attack. The creature reared up in pain after the lightning struck, eye sockets and back legs smouldering lightly where more than a million volts had passed through its body. It knew that it was losing the battle and was attempting a retreat when the falcon delivered the final blow. The force and speed at which it slammed into the creature’s chest made Spirit glad that the falcon and its rider were on their side.

Spirit winced as he heard the dull thud of the creature reaching the bottom of the canyon, and then looked around the group to assess the aftermath of the fight. The healer had already attended to Glint, and the Misery would be fine after sleeping off his exhaustion. There were a few, like himself who had sustained no injuries and could help out the others. One desert stallion seemed to have concussed himself, another mare seemed to have fainted from a head wound, and the rest had only small injuries such as cuts and scrapes. A bunch of Samanayrs had already gone over to check on the one with the concussion, including the healer who was making her rounds singing a song of healing interweaved with healing magics. Boy was he glad a healer had happened upon the group, dealing with the wounded would be much more difficult without her.

A streak of brown caught his eye and he stared in slight disgust as the falcon returned to the mysterious rider with trophies of the battle. The word ‘bounty’ peaked his interest and he wandered over to the group of Samanayrs and the odd trio to find out what was going on. All the important questions about who the strange trio was had already been asked so he turned to questions relating to the group and the future of the expedition, “ayre we continuing on to make sure the foals we set out to yreascue have come to no harm? And if we ayre to move soon, what should we do about the Miseyry? He pyrobably just needs yrest to yrecoveyr fyrom the magic but we can’t just leave him heyre afteyr all he’s done to help.”

“We may also have an exhausted healeyr on ouyr hands after the wounded have been dealt with.” Spirit continued, looking over at the healer doing her best to heal those in need of her gifts practically dead on her feet.
Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

( Aw, thank you both! I'm glad people other then myself likes that. :3 And anyone should definitely feel free to copy! I sometimes have troubles with putting names to Sams that arent my own, as well. Plus, I'm just so darn used to making little graphics to go with forum roleplay posts, so I figured the icons, or pixels, would be perfect to use! 'XD )
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Misery would like it greatly if they could somehow get him back to the hotspring, or revive him, please and thanks XD))
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((lol, yah, I figured he might want a lift XD))
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

((Haha, yeah, Healer and Misery might need some assistance, I'm not sure either can do a 2 hour hike home. Ah, the price of Magic. XD))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Maybe they get ride on big bird? >> ))
Slydogg121
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: all

Post by Slydogg121 »

The roar of the beast made Shifting Sands lift his head, he saw the beast flail in the air as the bird gave on last strike and he fell over the edge. The beasts cries died in a muffled thud as he hit the rocky ground below, Shifting Sands winced. "Is every one ok?" He looked around, saw the Misery down on the ground, looking utterly exhausted, he started over to him, knowing Mystics were supposed to avoid Miseries, he just felt he had to make sure this one was ok. "Are you ok Misery? I don't think this is the best place to fall asleep, I know you must be tired but I think you must wake up!" he said urgently.

There were a few Sam-kin with minor woulds, that looked to be healing as the healer sang her song. Glint appeared to be restored, and the bird dropped parts of the beast on the ground before the strange sam-rider, Bounty? Just what were they?
He looked over the ground, it appeared unchanged, he definitely needed more practice with his skills, hopefully next time they are needed he can be of more help.

(((Don't know if anyone has read my post, but I edited it... just didn't like how it read. )))
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Glint sagged onto the ground behind the stranger Samanayr, content to have attention taken from him while he regained his composure, and his breath. It was very embarassing to be the first Sam - and only, as far as he could tell - to go down in the battle that he was supposed to be leading. It was a miracle that there hadn't been any more serious injuries, although judging from the Samanayrs who had fallen or lain down on right on the path, it had been an exhausting battle.

While the dragonet continued to load the grisly remnants of the bear onto the packs on the falcon, the stranger took a quick look around and then dipped his head briefly in greeting. "I, er, imagine you have some questions for us..."

"You speak as though you see this sort of thing every day. Pardon me for asking, but who are you, and what is this creature that we have killed to you? I have never seen a Samanayr with a... partner such as yours. Where do you come from?"

Rider threw back his head and laughed merrily. "Quite to the point, aren't you! Well, I am Rider of the Sharp Wind, the great lady is Halcyon, and the dragonet is Arrow." Halcyon opened her large beak and seemed to screech a greeting of her own. "We are not locals, as you may have guessed. Our travels have taken us to this land, and you are the first Samanayrs I have encountered here. I was not expecting to meet any others of my kind!

"As for the creature..." Rider trailed off, and heaved a sigh. "That's a long story. To make it a little shorter, that creature was once a bear, now magically altered to be - well, what you saw. Did it speak to you?"

There came nods from the group, and Glint said wearily, "Yes, it said some words in the Samanayr language."

Rider shuddered, tossing his head so that the fastenings on his hood jangled. "If what I was told was true, then that creature had the soul of what was once a Samanayr. I'm glad we were able to put it out of its misery - there was no help for it." He didn't elaborate further on how he knew this information.

"I am Ferocity of Flowing Lava, do you and your partners have name? ...Bounty?"

With a wide smile, the stallion introduced himself to Ferocity again. "We must make a living somehow. Although Arrow is able to assist me with many tasks, she cannot repair harness or our other equipment. It can also be hard for me to find sufficient food in the winter, as we're often on the wing. I've actually tracked the creature here from human lands - the village it was terrorizing will be pleased to know it is dead."

As the Elemental burst into laughter, Rider just tipped her a wink. Her presence didn't seem to phase him, nor did the exhausted Misery.

"It seems only fair to split the fee with you, as you all did assist us in taking the beast out." Halcyon made a loud shrieking noise, causing Arrow to jump in surprise. Rolling his eyes and smiling slightly, Rider turned to look at the falcon for a moment. "Yes, yes, we probably could have done it ourselves, but they did help." She made some noises that sounded distinctly like disgruntled muttering before settling again.

"We need to return to the village to collect the bounty," Rider continued, "but I promise we'll return here when we have it. Er, where is 'here,' anyway?"

"The Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings." Glint had managed to regain his feet again and stood beside the stallion, well out of range of the falcon's beak and claws. Even though Halcyon had saved him, and Rider didn't seem to fear the bird at all, there was just something.. unsettling about being too close to something that was so large, and with so many pointy bits. "I am Glint of the Ice Prism, stallion of the Song of the Rainbow."

"Never heard of it," Rider said cheerfully, "but it's nice to meet all of you. We really must chat when I return."

“Ayre we continuing on to make sure the foals we set out to yreascue have come to no harm? And if we ayre to move soon, what should we do about the Miseyry? He pyrobably just needs yrest to yrecoveyr fyrom the magic but we can’t just leave him heyre afteyr all he’s done to help.”

Rider glanced over at the Misery, who still hadn't stirred. "We could help to ferry some of you back to where you need to go, if it's not too far, although we can only take one at a time."

"And you're welcome to go on to check on the foals," Glint began, but was interrupted by a clatter of hooves further up the path. Shear appeared there - apparently they'd been closer to their hotspring than Glint had thought.

"Safe!" the Northern stallion cried, coming to a halt just outside the group. "All safe!"

Well, there was that answered. Glint just smiled wearily at the Northern as Rider shuffled his feet impatiently, clearly waiting for directions.

((I'm going to have one more post after this one that will include an epilogue! It's been a ton of fun RPing with all of you - I've definitely got the 'RP bug' again! I'll likely be hanging on to Rider for a while at least, since he'll be needed in the next plot RP, but I promise you that nobody will go home from this thread empty-handed :D

@Takaeji - I love that idea too! I find myself having to go back to the first page to remember who's playing what, so it's nice to have that reminder XD Maybe I'll make that a requirement for the next RP..

@Janalee - He's from years ago, but his name is Sliver of Broken Prism and he'll actually be making a comeback sometime soon XD Here's his original image, which I need to update:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... nprism.jpg

He used to be a Mystic, but he went through some unpleasantness..))
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Ooo, nice Sushi! I'd love to hear the story behind him! *ponders awakening Misery, decides to let him sleep* >:} ))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((I too agree that the little thumbnails are a good idea! Just enough of a reminder of who's who!))

As Gem nudged against him, murmuring his name in concern, Gyre stirred vaguely and muttered something uncomprehensable in the desert dialect of his birthplace. For a moment one eye fluttered open and a faint smile appeared on his face, then the eye fluttered closed again. He was all but asleep when Gust decided to take a bolder part in keeping him from harming himself further by sleeping in this state. The loud snort served to make his eyes blink open in startled confusion. The sight of the Sa'grisayr standing so close did more.

"Gah! Biyrd! Oww..." Gyre's head shot up and he stumbled backwards, eyes rolling in fright and pain as all that registered was a beak, its apparent size vastly magnified by the proximity. He didn't stay on his feet long before collapsing again, but at least he was awake now. Wide eyes stared at Gust as the young stallion panted and tried to make his aching brain cooperate again.

While he was laying there Gyre slowly noticed that the pain was fading and the cloud that seemed to have fogged his brain was lifting as a soothing Song drifted through the air and washed over him, wrapping him in feelings of comfort even as it took away the pain. He whistled in surprise and looked around, but from where he had fallen the Healer wasn't visible. But he knew there had to be one somewhere. How else would he be growing better so rapidly? Lifting his head he trilled a thanks to the unseen Healer before focusing once more on the two in front of him.

Gyre's memory of recent events was very vague. He remembered a monster blocking their path to the foals and he remembered charging at it, but after that? Nothing. What had happened to leave him here with the last lingering aches along his side and both Gem and an unknown beaked stallion looking down at him in concern. He craned his neck towards Gem, trilling now in concern and confusion. She looked so unhappy about something. What was wrong? He tilted his head slightly as a cry of 'Safe' came from the Northern stallion whose foals they had come to rescue, but his red eyes never wavered from Gem.

((Aaaand...I'm pretty sure Gyre has absolutely no idea what's going on more than about three feet away from him at the moment... Poor boy...))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Once the commotion had settled and the Northern stallion had run past to check on his foals, Odyssey set to steeling herself and by the time he had returned to announce them safe and unharmed the only sign of her inner turmoil were the quickly-drying tear tracks running from the corners of her eyes down her nose. Stiffening her back, she walked back around the corner after the northern stallion and found most of the group clustered wonderingly around the new rider and his raptor companion.

Indeed, a small part of her wanted to run over there as well, to look at his wondrous companions. A stronger part however, coupled with the fact that she still burned with anger at his part in leading the dragon-bear-creature to it's death, made her turn her back on him and survey the damage he had caused. The Misery she had talked with on the way here was passed out near the wall, the only one not surrounded by worried Sams, and so it was towards him she headed.

That was, until she overheard the new Sam's offer to ferry those who couldn't make the journey back. The collapsed Misery was definitely in that category, and as much as she wanted to help him... She had no desire to meet this new Rider. And so, with a sigh and an apologetic look towards the stallion that she knew he wasn't awake enough to see, she turned tail and began to hike up the path instead.

She was going to go and see the foals they had come all this way to rescue, she told herself. She could easily stay up here until the rest of the group was gone, right? Then she could make her own way down, meet up with her little Leer, and continue on her winding travels.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

As he heard Reflection's words, Tyger gently leaned his forehead against her neck, thanking her. He then straightened, still panting a little but in generally good shape.

"Well met, Rider!" He called out, stepping towards the rider and his great bird,

"The Song of the Loyal Heart thanks you for your assistance in saving Glint, as well as the lives of the trapped foals. We also appreciate your offer of assistance, but I think we're okay to walk"

He turned back towards Reflection, sparing a glance at the Misery still collapsed against the wall; he hoped that he would be okay. The Misery had made a strong ally in the fight.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((:D Future Sushi-led RPs? YAAAAAAAAAAAY! This one has been lots of fun, thanks so much for hosting it.))

As the strange rider answered everyone’s questions, Spirit listened incredulously. He stamped his foot in silent anger that someone might use a Samanayr’s soul to create such a violent abomination. He no longer felt any regrets as to the creatures fate glad that they had been able to allow the Samanayr’s soul to finally pass on rather than remain trapped inside the magically altered bear for who knows how long.

Talk of a bounty however seemed a little strange. What use would they have for a bounty? They foraged their own food, and the Sharians provided anything else they could desire in exchange for berries, flowers, and other relatively simple objects for the Samanayrs to find. The talk of human lands and villages worried him; Samanayrs had been kept as pets until the Sharians had come, and were still the villains of mare’s tales to warn off troublesome foals. Perhaps this rider and his so called bounty signified a change in attitude and would open up new places and things to explore.

With the offer to help ferry the injured and exhausted back to the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings, and the return of Shear with news that the foals were fine, Spirit visibly relaxed. All seemed well. He nodded his head and replied, “I will volunteeyr to yremain with those waiting foyr a yride to ensuyre no hayrm comes to them, and then make my way back to the hotspyrings afteyr.”

S’qui had been rather silent during the battle, huddling up under Spirit’s lion-like mane, eyes peeking out wide in fear. Now that the battle had been won and he had assessed the situation he leapt from Spirit’s back with a sharp shrill chirp, shaking out his long fur.
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

(Gem doesn't have a thumbnail yet... I'll just her image, I suppose)

Gem watched some of the others approach, and the heard the healer begin its song. He watched Gyre be surprised by the Sa'grisayr and turned her ears back in surprise and concern, when he collasped again, she took a few steps forward to be next to him again, her knees aching with each step. When she looked at Gyre again, she could realize the song was an effect on him. She smiled slightly, her ears going forward again.

She heard him trill toward her and frowned, she cooed softly to assure him that she was fine, and was more worried about him. She nudged his cheek softly again and then raised her head back up, her knees causing her face to twist in pain. The 'bird' must of scrapped her knees with its claws when she was kicking at it. She suddenly heard the northern say that the foals were safe and she let out a gentle sigh of relief, atleast they were okay.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

The stallion's wink only served to pique Calamity's interest more; it wasn't often that other Samanayrs felt comfortable enough to be decidedly cheeky with her. Rider of the Sharp Wind- maybe she'd have to bother remembering that name after all. She smiled back at him, her expression somewhere between sultry and mischievous as she briefly debated playing with him already. As the moment passed though, she let that desire fade with it; she already had places that she wanted to be, and they weren't with the group any longer. She was willing to wait around only long enough to see this share of the bounty that he mentioned, even if she couldn't imagine it actually being something she would want; perhaps it was coming from those intriguing humans he had told of though, which could make it have some potential anyway. If she ever saw the stallion again, she'd have to ask him about them and their strange magics; certainly whoever could make a creature like that had a story worth listening to, or learning from.
      All thoughts and curiosities for another time though- she'd had more than enough for the time being. Finally spreading her wings for the first time this mission, she took to the air, content to keep her distance from the others, and do no more than perhaps look discreetly for any burn marks on that Desert-hybrid stallion. No doubt the Healer had already taken care of anything there might have been, but it couldn't hurt to look and imagine anyway, right?

((@ Sushi: Ooh, poor Sliver; I think even the phrase 'used to be a Mystic' sounds extremely painful to me. I'm glad he'll be making a comeback anyway though. ^^ And thanks for sharing his original image! I have to say, I still love looking at some of your older artwork too... *grins, and suddenly feels the need to hug Median of the Translucent Glacier, along with the stallion*))
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

((I put Reflection as my avatar during this, normally it's her mommy :) ))

Reflection ducked her head with a bashful smile as Rider chuckled.

"Well, it is very nice to have met you, Rider, though better circumstances could have been desired! I wish you luck with your travels in the future, perhaps we shall meet again."

She nodded her head at Tyger as he said they would be fine to walk. Suddenly she could not wait to return to their hotspring and rest. She had gotten quite enough adventure for one lifetime, but she was still excited to get home and tell Dance how brave Tyger had been. This would make quite the story!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

The frown was not a good thing. As it appeared on Gem's face Gyre warbled a confused, apologetic note, uncertain what he had done to make her unhappy. His warble broke off near the end in surprise though as she nudged up against him in what certainly didn't feel like an angry or upset manner. He blinked, still trying to get his bearings. What he saw next as she backed up slightly made him stagger hastily to his feet, bleating in shock. Blood was trickling down her legs from scrapes deep enough to make her face twist with the pain.

Once on his feet though Gyre didn't know what to do. He had no clue where the Healer had gone (and why hadn't her Song healed Gem too? Had it been just for him?), and there were none of the plants he was most familiar with up here. As he cast around anxiously his eye fell on a patch of moss growing from a shadowed crevice on the cliff face. Still staggering slightly on his feet he hastened over and tugged as much free as he could get his teeth into. It wasn't quite the same as what he'd seen before...but with any luck it would still work to cover the scrapes and stop the bleeding. "This should stop the blood, the...your...legs...blood..." Not exactly coherent yet he trailed off, eyes wide, moss strips dangling from his mouth as he hesitated. He didn't want to hurt her just charging up and stuffing moss on her knees after all.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

Gem looked at him when he bleated and frowned once again, she whistled softly telling him that she was alright and that her legs were just hurting alittle, even though really it was causing her pain, she didn't mean for him to notice her expression.

Gem watched him stand up and she could somehow tell he was curious about the healer's song (she wasn't really curious on why it didn't work. She mostly just cared about Gyre), she then noticed him glancing at the moss on the wall. She turned her head slightly when he moved over and grabbed as much moss as he could tear off. When he came back she blushed softly and smiled, "Thank you." She answered, stepping toward him. She took a small strip of it and began to try and manuveur it around her knee, she got it slightly, it was slightly hard though.

(Gem is in my avatar. (:)
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

As Gem awkwardly manuvered the strip of moss around her knees Gyre hesitantly sidled closer and reached out to nose the make shift bandage on more closely. One eye rolled up to watch her face for any sign that she objected to this or that it hurt. Still watching her closely he sidestepped towards her other side, with the intention of applying more moss. While he moved he was watching her, watching those big expressive ears that indicated her mood particularly.

"Does that feel betteyr?" he trilled anxiously as he straightend up. He knew vaguely that some mosses deadened pain as well as stopped the bleeding, but he wasn't sure which ones. His mouth didn't feel numb though, so maybe this wasn't one of them. Desert plants were so different from these mountain ones, and it wasn't as though he had been trained in healing or herblore.

Leftover strips of moss still dangling from his mouth Gyre straightened again and watched Gem for a moment longer. Finally, nervously, he chirped and hesitantly asked, "Do...do you have a Song to go back to? If not...would you like to...to join mine?" Through the thin fur of his face a flush could be seen. He hadn't realized exactly that he was forming a Song until after the face, when he'd already had two mares agreeing to travel with him. He hoped they weren't too worried about him and how he'd just vanished from the spring they'd been sleeping in just this morning. Perhaps one of Sibyl's clouds would tell him where he'd gone. Though he wasn't sure just how her visions worked. Hopefully they weren't too mad at him...hopefully they'd like Gem if she came back with him. The young stallion shifted his weight nervously as he waited to see how Gem would take his question.

((Oh, and Gem does have a thumbnail image, it just hasn't been added to her database entry yet: Image
And while looking for that I realized that Gem and Gyre are only two numbers apart in the database.))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Chilling’s dark world came to light as the healer passed over her, aiding her in her wounded head. Wanting to give her thanks, she tried to speak but was muffled by the pounding in her head, she just rested. Thanking the healer silently with a nod Chilling lay on the ground still, trying to recover her head. Others talked while others left the area, all that mattered was the foals were ok. Chilling rested while the others stood around and spoke of the adventure and other happenings. Her mind drifted.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Ferocity smiled in acknowledgement of Rider's explanation. It still seemed an odd way to make ones living but everyone had to eat and a bird that size must eat a fair bit. She was curious how one came to such a line of work, she wouldn't have dared approach a human village on her own. But there would be time to ask him later when they'd made sure all the members of their party made it back to the hotsprings safety. The Northern song had already returned to let them know the foals were safe and so there was no reason for the group to hang around on the side of a cliff path any longer.

Wandering over to where the exhausted Misery had collapsed, she looked around at the others who had sustained some injury in their fight againt that poor bear creature. The Healer's song had done a good job patching them up but she could still see some who were stemming cuts with moss. It might not be a bad idea to take Rider up on his offer to ferry them back to the hotsprings. "I'll stay as well," Ferocity offered, hoping the Kirin wouldn't mind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

((Thank you, and thats cool! (: ))

Gem glanced up at him slightly and once again became flustered as he tried to help her put it on better. When they finished the other one she cooed softly, "Yes, that feels myuch betteyr," She smiled, her ears once again turning forward softly as she listened to him. She listened to what he then began to say, when he said that her eyes widened slightly, a song?, she thought to herself, I have always wanted to be in one.... "Yes! Eyr, I mean yes, I would like that very much." She chirped happily, her eyes brightening up.