Watery Depths (Open)

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Watery Depths (Open)

Post by Orasteele »

((This RP is for aquatics/water elementals only as it takes place underwater.))
He had been alseep. How long it didn't really matter, in the darkness below the surface of the world time was irrelevant. A pale blue eye opened to inky blackness as the outlines of stones came into view. Glimmers of light danced across his eyes as small squid fled the movement of his massive form as he freed himself from the cavern he had been sleeping in. The need to feed was strong, and the rubbery form of the squid held no appetite for him. The small fish that gathered near the reefs were what he wanted. Ones small enough he could eat them in a single bite and not worry for the bones. Maybe even some of the seasonal kelp would be in bloom. The prospect delighted him. Fathom had been born below the waves, and knew them as much as he knew his own tail.

Rising from the depths into the light the elemental swam towards a small cove where the fish were colorful. Time had changed the reef, bringing with it new life and growth. It was beautiful and his own colors suited it perfectly. Fathom had always been proud of that. He had been the jewel among the dull and a compliment to the colorful. A prince of the sea and none could tell him otherwise.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Re: Watery Depths (Open)

Post by AsaraDragon »

Lagoon darted through the reef, giggling as the anemones tucked in their tentacles, and the small fish scattered before her. A few of them moved too slowly, and she took special delight in snapping them up. Their bones crunched deliciously between her teeth.

"I do love snacktime", she said to herself.

Once her belly was satisfyingly full, she relaxed and let the water move her where it would. The warm water felt wonderful on her scales, and she cast a slightly vain eye on her fins as they sparkled and shimmered in the light. As she did so, a new color caught her eye. She quickly swam down to the sandy floor and flattened her fins to her body. Peering around a somewhat inconvenient coral growth, she was amazed to see something that looked quite a bit like her, but with such vibrant coloring!

Her eyes wide, she moved farther around the coral to get a better look. Who was this? Where did they come from? She hesitated there, wound around the coral, wondering what to do.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

There was something odd about the reef today, something Cres couldn't quite put a fin on it but it had been bothering her for the better part of the morning. Nothing was visibly different about her home; the fish was a bright as always as they darted in and out of the nooks and crannies that littered the pocketed faces of the coral and the sunlight filtering down cast pleasant patterns on the sandy bottom. She'd been swimming through the reef for a few hours now trying to shake the feeling that bothered her and to reassure herself that everything was perfectly normal when she'd approached the edge of the reef where the bottom dropped away and the ocean turned into an endless blue abyss that stretched on farther than she or any she knew had dared to venture.

That stretch of empty water mattered very little to her though, it was the lack of movement along this edge of the reef that she was worried about. Nothing stirred amongst the anemones and stingy plants that swayed slowly with the rhythm of the current and she'd lived in the world of the reef to recognize its signal for danger- usually a shark. Darting through a crevice into one of the small hiding places the coral afforded someone her size she lay low as a large shadow passed by, the poked her head out trying to catch a glimpse of whatever it was that invaded her home.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Hum-de-dum-de-dum Let's see if I can juggle this one too! It just looks too fun to pass up! I'm going to say this happens after these two have parted company from Gyre's Song in the Shore RP.))

Image Image

Some distance away but closing fast on the coral reef two Sams raced through the water. In the lead and gaining was a laughing mare whose powerful tail beat the water as all three sets of her wings were held flat against her sides. She had decided earlier in the day, after growing board again, that it was time that her friendly neighborhood grump of a new friend really needed to get out of his reef more often and go meet others. To that end she had stolen his sharktooth necklace while he was dozing yet again and was currently wearing it like an odd sort of crown, supported by her horn and finned ears.

Though the stallion was far more experienced in the ways of the ocean, he was also growing old, past his prime, and simply could not summon the same sort of speed anymore that the young mare was capable of. In the beginning Flare had kept up quite well, but now he was flagging, and Jewel was having to slow down to keep him with her. "If you swam moyre and slept less you'd have this back by now," she trilled back at him. "Lazy bones need theiyr exeyrcise still!"

However, Flare was not listening any longer, but rather had stopped completely, staring suspiciously at the reef ahead. He'd been sure that Jewel was merely leading him in circles around his own reef. But the scenery here was wrong. All wrong. "Flibertygibet! Look wheyre you've gotten us now do! Not my yreef this is! Someone else's I'm suyre!"

"And I'm suyre no one else is so clingy about 'theiyr' yreef Flayre. I want to meet the neighboyrs!" Jewel flicked her head, almost sending his necklace plummeting into the ocean and then dove. He was just being silly, as usual. And now she'd gotten him over here, to the next reef system to the one he lived in. She was sure that someone must live here, that the reefs were the oceanic form of hotsprings such as where she'd been born. And before she settled down with Flare she was going to see who lived nearby.

As Jewel vanished into the sparkling sea Flare grumbled and tossed his head, visibly upset. Young stallions abound in the world nowadays. Most likely there was one here, one who would find Jewel intriguing. He'd get her out of Flare's fins. Yes, he'd take away the first mare who'd hung around Flare in ages. Probably get the necklace from her too. Small loss, there were plenty more shark teeth to be found in the ocean. Let her explore, he could sneak off to have a nap again before she noticed he wasn't following.

And that was why Flare found himself drawing a deep breath and following Jewel down into the strange reef, keeping a careful eye out for the creature he mimiced. He'd marked the spots they lurked in his reef to avoid, but the last thing he wanted was territorial challenges from the venomous fish. No, scratch that. Courtship from one was worse. Oh, and sharks. And jellyfish. Oh, and probably that giant vividly marked Sam-thing that Jewel was swimming for. Wait a second...what? Flare froze in the shadows of the reef, not noticing the mare tucked into the coral only a few feet below him.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

((I'm sorry everyone! It's spring time and I find I really don't have the time or brainpower to RP. We've got about 28 more foals due, breeding season, training/conditioning for our big show, and tax prep going on right now. I'm afraid I've got to just let this thread die. Maybe another time I'll be able to RP him, but right now it just isn't happening. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!))