The Foal's Tale - 500th Sam RP! Concluded!

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: The Foal's Tale - 500th Sam RP!

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Image Image Image

Picking herself up off the ground and shaking her wings out, Scrap noticed that she had crashed very near to a large cluster of others. Her beak was open, ready to proclaim that some monster had struck her down, when she caught what the filly at the center of the group was saying. "A magic foal? Tyruely? I want to find them too!" Her beak gaped open in a happy grin and her eyes sparkled. She didn't know or care if the story was true. It was just the most perfect adventure for the day!

At the other edge of the clearing Bloom was still in pursuit of the foals, some of whom seemed to have forgotten that they were seeking Glint out to deliver 'justice' to his daughter. Instead, when faced with Glint's lead mare in pursuit they were scattering as though afraid they themselves were now facing punishment. Bloom had stopped to catch her breath again when she heard her son's raised voice. Her head went up and Bloom began to look for him herself. "Son? Little one? Wheyre ayre you? You ayren't sneaking stones again ayre you?" Fortunately for her foal, Bloom headed off in the wrong direction, not expecting to find her colt in the middle of the large gathering over on the other side of their clearing.

Gyre absently cooed back at Gem as he peered anxiously over the backs of his mares. From his expression it was hard to say if he was hiding behind them or debating if he needed to get around and stand between them and...whatever they had spotted. His expression cleared up though at the explanation, both from Gem and from the irate looking filly. So many voices were clamoring now to go find this magic foal, but Gyre hesitated. Softly he added his own thoughts. "Will a magical foal allow itself to be found? It sounds as though they ayre shy...I would hate to fyrighten it by chayrging in." He was...quite familiar with the sort of painful shyness that would make such a quest absolutely terrifying for the one being sought.

((I hope it's ok to describe what the random unowned foals are doing a bit...))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

(OOC: Lol Id suspect they would do the same thing too. lol I know when I was a kid I lost track of what I was doing ALL THE TIME. lol Its an A.D.D. thing o.<)
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Shade tilted her head thoughtfully at the filly's bold comments; she seemed a brave one, this young one. Or perhaps more than a little foolish; just how far had she been planning to go on her own to find some proof that may or may not be there?
      Not that it matter much; she certainly wouldn't be alone any more, what with the mention of a 'magic foal,' along with her invitation, grudgingly as it might have been given. The mare almost felt bad for the little one, being so much the center of attention; at least no one seemed to be angry with her, or even openly doubting. She hoped they'd manage to find something that would fit her description after all.
      Gyre's comment caught her attention amongst all the conversation though; the group seemed large enough to make her nervous, let along some little, unknown foal. With a soft hum, she spoke the first thought to come to her mind.
      "Perhaps it would be better if we had a few smaller, rambling groups, instead of a large one?"
      After she'd said it, she couldn't believe she'd actually opened her mouth; she should have just sat back down when it stopped looking like any real problem might be there. Blushing, she averted her eyes in a way similar to the filly's, rather hoping that her voice had been too soft to really catch most of the group's attention.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Drift, in almost harsh contrast the her stallion's actions, relaxed visibly. Thoughts of something large and hungry sneaking away with another Sam had been floating through her mind, so when she found out it had merely been a Song of the Rainbow filly trying to slip away and find a magical, disappearing foal, her mind had been set at ease. Admitedly, Drift had never been much of an optimist, and so tended to see the darker outcomes of situations before the better ones.

Had she heard right? Was she taking volunteers to go with her? Drift could have sworn that's what she heard. An adventure would be nice, seeing as parties weren't really her thing anyway. "I'd be happy to help." she said to the little blue filly. "And knowing what it looks like would be very helpful. If it chooses not to disappear, how will we know that it is the foal you saw?"
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

The assembled group was growing quickly, something which made Memory tremble a bit as she watched. She wanted desperately to step forward and find out what was going on, but she couldn't help thinking of her father's earlier warnings, and of the stallion that had snapped at her only a few hours ago. There were foals about - would that make the others that had gathered more nervous?

For the time being, she would keep her distance, and wait. Waiting gave her another advantage - she could easily listen in on the conversation, and find out exactly what was going on. A vanishing foal? Well, that was interesting... But she wanted to know more.

Her head held low, the young mare crept forward gingerly, pushing herself free from the bushes. Her ears flattened against her skull out of wariness, and she found herself hesitating. Should she continue forward, and try to sneak her way into the rest of the group? She didn't particularly want to startle anyone, though, and if she just appeared, that seemed as if it was more likely to happen. Carefully, Memory took a few more slow steps forward, creeping along with her head held low. Bright red eyes surveyed the group, and she was careful to approach and keep some distance between herself and the majority of the foals.

"H-hello? Can I come, too?" Memory gave her most cheerful smile, absently pawing at the dirt with crimson claws. "I would very much like to see a vanishing foal."
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayrn

Post by Zephyr »

((OOC: I apologise for not having a headshot, I'll try to make a temporary one tomorrow. OOC2: I apologise for the mammoth entry. I just got going, and...well. >_<))

Warmth lay panting near the hollow logs; she hadn't meant to dance, not at all. For one thing, she was entirely too pudgy for it, and it left her out of breath. For another, she was apt to confuse her left and right feet, had poor timing, and for a fourth, her thick heavy fur meant she was soon overheated. But the hollow logs reverberated with their ponderous echoing boom boom boom that she could feel in her very bones, and the smaller log-drums had a higher pitched ratta-tatta-tat that sounded so much like laughter, and was nearly as infectious. The singing Sams just tied it all together in a simply lovely harmony! She'd found herself tapping a foot before she knew it, and then next she knew she was shuffle-hop-stepping. Granted, she'd be the last to call it any kind of proper dance, and she'd be the first to laugh at the picture she made, but still! It was fun, and lively, and got her blood pumping, and what of it? She'd quickly overheated and flopped to rest in a spot of shade, though, and let her ears and eyes wander while she got her breath back. At least, she thought with mirth, Vibrance was in the same kettle of fish, as it were, though she dearly envied the fanning wings just now! She shot her a friendly glance.

It didn't take long for her to hear a commotion coming from a far corner of the clearing, where all the roly-poly Samanayr foals were. What a delight! She thought; she wistfully watched them laughing and playing, and to her broody mind they all appeared cherubic, the sun shining fancifully off round flanks and wide eyes. If only she'd found the right stallion to start a song with! Perhaps then she would have a foal of her own!

The foal's conversation shook her out of her wishful thinking, and she groaned as she hauled her pudgy self to her feet. She'd come hoping to see a Misery; she was doing research on them. She'd never actually met one, but she'd been intrigued, having heard the stories about them, usually tales meant to frighten naughty foals into behaving, tales that focused on their blighted magic and their bloody heritage. Not that she'd responded as a normal foal, oh no: she was one of those precocious and tenacious types, obsessed with the word 'why?'. She'd tilted her head and asked, "Why do they only have twisted magic? Are they all evil? Why are they evil? Do they - " until the mare in charge had shushed her and glared her into silence.

She'd quickly learned to keep her curiosity to herself, but it hadn't stopped her trying to learn about them. She had too many why's and what-ifs to simply forget about it. Pity there didn't seem to be any present, though the company was certainly varied. She tried to look around as she made her way over to the foals, half-listening to the escalating argument, though her sympathy was twigged when she heard the blue filly raising her voice shrilly. Certainly, the tale sounded fantastic enough - a magic foal that was there, then suddenly not? It sounded like - like teleportation, or perhaps invisibility, and certainly that was the stuff of fairy tales!

But as she watched, eyes narrowed in thought, as the other foals taunted and threatened, the blue filly showed no signs of doubt. She stood firmly, and the sound of indignation in her voice was most definitely not feigned. She didn't shuffle her feet in the manner of one telling tales, nor did she flinch from meeting their eyes, nor embellish her tale. Whatever the situation, there was no doubt the filly believed what she said! "Inteyresting. I do believe theyre's a mysteyry afoot!" she murmured, and felt a little thrill of excitement that only came when there was something new to learn, some rare bit of knowledge to nose out!

She winced at the filly's shouted words - the high, youthful pitch cut at her eardrums, unused as she was to being around foals. Peyrhaps I am not so byroody after all, she thought with wry humour, looking with narrowed eyes after the foals running off to tell tales. Were they to be in the wrong, she was tempted to have them apologise to the blue filly. She did seem awfully sure of herself, and it was certainly true that foals of the Rainbow Hotsprings were expected to be paragons of good behaviour. Payragon, now that's a fun word....

Still musing, she plodded towards the far corner - "Meyrcy, this fuyr is no boon on a wayrm spyring day", she complained with good humor, eyeing those with shorter, lighter coats with envy. Now, Affinity, she thought with bemusement, no long fuyr to speak of. But I yreally do wondeyr, that - is it armoyr? Scales? Jewels? Keyratin? Chitin? I wondeyr if it's uncomfoyrtable to sleep on? Does it gyrow continuously? Belatedly she realised she was staring, and hurriedly moved on. Surely her questions would only be thought nosy!

Ah, an outlet for her wandering mind! One of Gyre's mares, Gem, was there. She took a moment to admire her shimmering coat. "Good day, Gem," she said warmly, "You look nice and cool! And wisely avoiding dancing! I ought to follow youyr example! But now I'm off to see what's got the foals all excited, something's caught theiyr inteyrest, it seems!" She kept chattering, as she made her way; the sun-warmed grass soothing her feet.

The blue filly was speaking again when she drew shoulder to shoulder with the others gathered round, ears perked in interest. She listened, and nodded. "It is ceyrtainly wiseyr to find pyroof of one's woyrds, than to simply call one a liayr," she remarked, nodding at Shade's suggestion of small groups. "I, for one, shall be glad to go; peyrhaps I shall leayrn something new!" Her smile was a bit maniacal in her hunger for learning.

She shivered with delight as a breeze, oddly coming from a tree on the edge of the clearing, ruffled her thick fur and cooled her. She spared a glance at the tree - squinted, Is that a spot of blue I see? But her attention was quickly distracted by Memory, as she hesitantly approached. For a moment, Warmth felt instinct and upbringing, all the childhood tales as her mind screamed Sa'krien!. She narrowed her eyes and lowered her ears flat against her skull, taking in the red eyes and talons and horns.

Luckily, her rational mind was stronger than her upbringing, and after a moment of unease and defensiveness - likely brought on by the nearness of the foals, and wasn't that a sad thought! - she was able to realise that despite the distinctive traits, the newcomer was merely the offspring of a Sa'krien. For certain she didn't move like a Sa'krien; far too hesitant and uncertain of her welcome, or one.

Peyrhaps she's misundeyrstood, as Miseyries ayre, she thought, and forced herself to shake off her discomfort and step forward. "Ah, I am Wayrmth," she introduced herself, keeping an eye on the others as much as on Memory, lest they drive the poor mare away prematurely. "I do not see why you could not," she said, cautiously.
Image Image Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

An uncertain expression flitting across her face, Affinity stepped toward Vision and shook her head. A self-deprecating smile appeared briefly and she answered the question of both the antlered stallion and her own Tone. "Hopefully it's nothing seyrious. Just a huff between foals. But it looks like we won't have to inteyrfeyre, since otheyrs have noticed as well. I didn't want anyone wandeyring too fayr fyrom theiyr motheyrs, is all, and that little blue head almost disappeayred without notice. I'm not suyre how old these foals ayre yet. Howeveyr, I don't think we have anything to woyrry ab-"

But just as she said this, a Sa'grisayr seemed to literally dive towards the foal and the Kirin mare couldn't help but jerk forward to help on instinct. She'd only gotten about five steps before it became apparent that the calico mare wouldn't harm the foal. But what of the lady herself?

"Peyrhaps the payrty is getting a little bit out of hand," she murmured, approaching the little blue girl at a more sedate pace. She stopped to check that Scrap was not seriously injured first, but the mare's enthusiastic response to the youngling's claim seemed proof enough.

After the girl had spoken her peace, Affinity considered her for a moment with dark eyes. She wasn't familiar with magic that could make someone disappear. There were many things she had yet to experience, however. "Theyre is a chance that it's a new Elemental poweyr," she suggested mildly. "Whateveyr the case, you believe it and that's enough to pique my inteyrest."

Just as apparently her scales piqued the interest of another in their midst. The general background noise of surface thoughts had suddenly caught her attention when her name flitted past someone's mind. Dark eyes caught an intricately patterned Northern mare studying her scales and she held back a laugh. No need to embarrass her. A simple, private telepathic reply to Warmth would do. Scales, actually. Payrticulayr to my species. My dam had even moyre than I do. I'm suyre I'll have gyrown moyre by the time I'm an old mayre. And they ayre less uncomfoyrtable than they look.

Shade voiced her suggestion and, glancing around to see just how many of them had gathered after the foals' commotion, Affinity had to agree. She wouldn't be able to leave the foal, though, if they did in fact end up wandering away from the main gathering. She would never be able to look her mother in the face again if anything happened to the filly while the Kirin could have helped. Wandering off in search of unfamiliar magic, however real or explainable, wasn't exactly the safest thing she could imagine. The excitement of so many others might get away from them and encourage them to forget just how young their erstwhile searching guide truly was.

And the arrival of a mare with the distinctive Sa'krien traits only made that fact more obvious. Despite herself, Affinity felt a protective instinct tense the hairs on the back of her neck before she focused on the other's thoughts.

Harmless. Or at least, young. Thank the Makers. That would be all they needed.

"No need to aleyrt youyr siyre yet. She means no hayrm," the mare said quietly to Tone, standing close-by. At least he was familiar with her abilities and could trust that she knew what she was saying.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

(( @ Zephyr - There actually is a headshot available for Warmth, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/s ... 00/321.gif, it just hasn't been added into the database. You can add it yourself if you'd like :D ))

Image Image

As S'qui made his way over to the group, running ahead of Spirit, he caught the most important bits of the conversation involving magic, dissapearing, and the possibility of adventure. He let out a shrill chirp and called out with his mind, Adventuuuuuuuuuuuure!

Spirit rubbed his nose with a hoof in embarassment. In a group this large in this close of quarters, there was no doubt that almost everyone would have heard his dragonet call out. He quickly scolded his dragonet with some telepathy of his own, although his was not "outloud" as S'qui's had been.
      S'qui, please don't yell out like that when there are so many around, you know how startling it can be to some, especially when you get excited and loud.

S'qui gave a quick hum of apology, scratching at the ground for a bit before his energy returned and he bounded off over to the little blue filly.

"I guess my dyragonet has alyready agyreed to come foyr me," Spirit said with a laugh, "he get's yratheyr excited some times."

Spirit's mane began to stand on end as a rather Sa'krien looking mare stepped out of the bushes, but he remembered how the Sa'krien in his last adventure had been quite helpful to them and noticed how nervous this one was rather than the usual confidence displayed.
perryunicornboy
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by perryunicornboy »

((bleh no head shot for me yet I'll just use the image if thats ok)))
Prism stood near the foal now and humphed a bit. "Well alright...you need protection so I'm coming." he stated simply. He thought to himself however. "Magic..foal indeed..what nonsense." But he knew it was better he go then leave them alone perhaps if he showed he was good with the foals a lovely mare would join a song with him...hopefully. So he took decided he would play nice for now maybe he anger around the little ones was why mares didn't like him.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Following Affinity towards the little blue filly, Tone listened patiently to her explanation as still more Sam-kin gathered around. The little foal had attracted quite a lot of attention with her attempt to sneak off but Tone couldn't blame her for wanting prove herself. He'd done exactly the same thing as a foal with similar results. He couldn't even remember the number of times he'd been chided by his mother for sneaking off.

As those gathered chimes in with their desire to join the little foal on her adventure Tone resigned himself to the fact that he probably wouldn't be spending the res of the Festival dancing with his mares or lazying in the grass. He knew that Affinity would never let a foal go gallivanting off if she couldn't be sure of it's safety. And if Affinity was going to go search for an unknown magical foal he wasn't going to stay behind. Who knew if this magical foal was friendly? It didn't sound as if anyone had heard of anything like it before after all.

"I also think that seayrching in smalleyr gyroups might be moyre affective," Tone chime in, agreeing with the suggestion offered by another samanayr. "It sounds like the foal might be shy and a largeyr gyroup might scayre it away if we stayrtle it. However since this is heyr adventuyre, I think she should decided how we go about finding this foal." He added gesturing to the little filly.

When the red clawed mare approached to ask if she could join it was only Affinity's reassurance that dispelled his distrust. Without her ability he would never allow one with Sa'krien blood so near two foals. "Alyright my deayr, she may stay foyr a long as she means no one hayrm." He still didn't like her presence but unless she proved a threat he would not protest her presence.
Last edited by Echos on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The varied members of the group - everything from Misery to Sa'krien(ish) to Kirin to partial Elemental - didn't seem to bother the filly at all, no doubt a side-effect of living at the high-traffic Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings. Instead, she was practically vibrating with excitement, feet shuffling in an impatient little dance as some of the adults asked questions or spoke among themselves.

"He's small!" she piped up when Gem and Drift asked about the foal's appearance, "And he's brown, and rainbow, and he has fast wings, and he has a funny tail! And I just know he wanted to be friends, but he didn't know what to say, so he disappeared!" She didn't necessarily know if this was true, but it sounded good, didn't it?

"Noooooo, we have to stay together!" she said when Shade timidly suggested splitting up. "Safety in numbers!" Not to mention more adults to back her up should things go awry with her mother and father when they returned.

"Come on, come [/i]on[/i], let's go!" the filly squealed with excitement, giving her brother another headbutt and running over to Memory to nudge one of her feet. "If we don't hurry, he might go away!" Never mind that she had seen him hours ago and could be anywhere by now. But surely he would be waiting there to make some new friends!

The filly took off towards the trees, confident that at least one adult would follow.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

One adult turned into many as the small colt found himself and his sister within a large adult leg forest. Many different colors and shapes were around them. Each with a distinct personality and attributes to offer. He was quite excited at the sound of his sister’s anxiousness. “Ok! Lets go!” he said as he started to run proudly, he hummed happily as his sister nudged him once more before running to others to get them moving.

His small baby feet went as fast as they could, shuffling quickly over the green grass. His little baby tail swished happily behind him as he followed his sister blindly into the possible dangers of the surrounding forest. His face was bright and happy, a smile plastered to it, unwavering. His little eyes closed happily as he strut his stuff, proud that he was the only one of their friends to believe his sister. Family had to stick together, besides he was her big brother…he had to believe and protect her.

He waddled up to her and hummed happily, nuzzling the side of her face. “Don’t worry, we will find him!” he said to give her reassurance. He then walked in front of her proud and regal, as if he would protect them all. His march was short lived when something took away his gate. His attention was taken for two seconds, long enough for him to walk right into S’qui. With an “Umpf” he stopped abruptly, his eyes widened as he realized he almost knocked over the dragonet.

“I um… sorry” he said distracted. He barely even looked at the dragonet he just rear ended. He walked away from the group, his eyes fixed on something shining in the distance. Through some bushes he waddled, wiggling his rear to get through the tight quarters of a tree trunk that stood in his way of finding out what this shiny item was that caused him to stop.

He did not notice if anyone had followed, all that mattered was his curiosity. With a small jump he plopped onto a patch of grass with small little flowers, his little front feet moved to reveal a small stone, shining brightly in the sparse light that protruded through the trees canopy.

After a few seconds he returned to the group, his smile even bigger now that his tummy was full. He resumed his place by his sister as the walked in search of the elusive magical brown creature.

(OOC: Sorry bloom! You were too late XD Muahahahahaha)

___________________________________________________________________-

Waltz lumbered closer to the festivities, her absence had gone un-noticed. She smiled big upon the realization of food. Dance was not her forte, nor was moving around rapidly. Slow and steady would win the race... and the food! She watched as a large group gathered to her right, she paid little mind to them. Her attention lay with the food gathered on the other side of the clearing.

Slowly she walked over to where the food was served. She grabbed a few pieces of fruit and placed them on a large leaf. Grabbing the corners of the leaf she made a small sac, whitch she took in her mouth to an open spot of soft grass. She laid down casually and placed the leaf sac on the ground. The food looked delish. She began to eat happily, her attention moved as she saw little colts and fillies run by, their commotion of lies and Glint; Bloom close at their heals.

Her cries for her son cause Waltz to frown. She seemed in pain at the disappearance of her son. She stopped her meal and voiced a simple observation.
"Bloom... Maybe a check in that direction will prove useful" She motioned in the direction the group just WAS, their mass no longer by the edge of the trees. Her face seemed puzzled but she still offered her opinion none the less. She nodded to Bloom and returned to her food, the music playing in her ears as her eyes observed the dancers and other enjoying the festivities.
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

With the enthusiastic veto that only a child could pull off so effortlessly, the little filly decided their fate and swept them all up into her adventure. Affinity had to admit that she was looking forward to the search, whether or not they found anything. What a varied group! It seemed like their companions were a true sampling of the minds brought together by the Song of the Rainbow.

She offered her mate a small, affectionate nudge on his neck before starting after the exuberant filly. Only years of familiarity with her ability prevented the little blue girl's excitement from bleeding into her own mood. "Maybe a few of our winged searchers could begin by scanning the surroundings. If he has fast wings then he might be above the trees where we wouldn't see him," she suggested, but otherwise left it to others to search. She was more along for the sake of the foals than anything else.

Well... yes... there was the excitement, too. She couldn't completely block it out. The sheepish grin on her muzzle said as much.
Aranea
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Aranea »

Image Paean was within ten meters of the clearing when she saw that several of the dancers had wandered off. Worrying that she had truly arrived just in time to help clean up, she caught sight of a sam she thought she recognized and flew over a bit faster than was called for, spiky toes outstretched for a landing. Her hooves dug into the earth as she landed, and Paean sprayed some dirt around as she wrestled them free. Casually wiping her toes on the grass, she walked up to Gravel and asked her what was going on.

((Awfully short, but there's not much for her to do until she finds out what's going on. This is what I get for having a character show up late, I guess. Unless she saw something else on the way?))
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Vibrance was just trying to rouse the energy to pull herself to her feet when a large red strawberry landed with a rather satisfying soft thud in the grass in front of her. The pudgy mare blinked. "Now THAT is handy." She said, and snuffled at the fruit curiously before staring up into the trees. "Strawberry trees! Nevyr heard of such things befoyre - must be a secyret to keep evyryone from trying to come aftyr them." Consuming the red juicy fruit in a single bite, Vibrance clambored to her feet and wandered about beneath the trees - peering up between the leaves in search of more of the same.

Her search unfortunately, proved fruitless (harhar) - and she wrinkled her nose and squinted upward, catching no sight of her quarry but DID manage to see something move on one of the upper boughs. Further peering revealed what LOOKED like a Sam limb or two - and a hint of a tail. Vibrance perked up at the sight - what luck!

"Hullo up there! You, in the tree! I don't suppose you can see any fruit up there? Strawberries? Hrmm? T'would be a great boon to my poor famished self," Vibrance fluttered her eyelashes and tried to look properly hungry and pathetic (although couldn't completely quash the laughter in her voice) as she continued, "if you might point them out. Or bettyr yet ... help me snag some, you lovely tree-fayring Sam as ye seem to be!"

She awaited an answer, but at the same time was beginning to become mildly distracted by the hub-bub building nearby. She'd have to investigate shortly - very likely it was a Festival buffet getting put out....!
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Gem grinned and trotted over to the foal. She had really always loved foals, and wanted her own because she honestly thought they were positively adorable in the first place. "Lead the way, young one." She cooed softly, her ears perked forward.

ooc: Gahh, sooo short.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Image Image Image

((I never said Bloom wanted to scold her son about eating gems. Just ask him about it. XD She tries to be a good mom and lead mare...but she's not very good at strict. I think all the foals are a bit too afraid of her...))

Pivoting on one hoof in a flare of wings at the unexpected voice calling her name, Bloom turned to look at Waltz in puzzlement. "Do I kn- Ooooh...eveyryone knows Glint's mayres don't they..." Turning to look in the direction that Waltz had indicated she frowned slightly. "You think he vanished with the yrest of that cyrowd? That's not good! Wheyre did they all go?" Now her voice started to rise in a panicky manner and she spun once more, this time determined to hunt Glint up for herself and make him go find their son and the rest of the vanished Samanayrs. He was magic. He would know what to do.

On the other side of the clearing, unaware of his aunt's panic over the foal he could clearly see trotting off in pursuit of his sister, Gyre sighed at the filly's insistence on going en mass to seek the mysterious foal. He liked this not at all, but most of the others were following along with her plan. The young stallion however decided that he would remain behind. The foals had enough protection with the group that was forming up and heading off. Softly he called after them, "I will yremain heyre, in case the foal chooses to seek out this place and join the celebyrations. If I see them I will tyry to convince them to yremain until you yreturn."

Scrap barely noticed Affinity pausing to make sure she was alright. This was far from the first time that the Sa'grisayr had taken a tumble like this, and likely wouldn't be the last either. Settling her wings with a flick, only to fan them out again in excitement, she trilled. "A quest! We have a quest! We'll byring back the magical foal to succeed in ouyr quest! I can fly!" Her fanning wings kicked up a fair amount of dust as she reared back eagerly and balanced on one hind paw. "I'll go!" Without waiting for a response, or noting the description of the foal they sought, she took to the air once more.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Drift was now quite torn. Follow her Songmate, or stay behind with her stallion? She could tell that the little blue filly's decision to remain a single group had likely been the cause of Gyre's unwillingness to continue on with them, and she understood his reasoning quite well, but wandering around was one of her specialties, and wandering around with a purpose sounded almost like fun. This conflict continued for what felt like an eternity in Drift's mind, but was really only a few moments. However, in those few moments of indecision, the group had left, leaving her and Gyre rather alone.

Drift sighed, having waited too long in making up her mind, the choice had been made for her. Oh well. It couldn't hurt to spend some time with her Stallion could it? "Looks like it's you and me, hoping the little foal shows up here." Then, Drift noticed Bloom, Gyre's aunt, with a rather concerned expression on her face. "Gyre? Is there something wrong with your aunt?" she asked, concern tinting her voice.
Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

This gathering of Samanayrs didn't go unheard of by this orange mare. This was her first time attending the Festival of New Spring, and most definitely the first time she had ever had the chance to see such a variety of Samanayrs in one place. Not exactly thinking she appeared all too special herself, she couldn't help but stare in awe at the types and colors of the stallions and mares as they twirled, sang, conversed... It was a rather fun sight to see, indeed! And, having been here from the very start of the festival, she wouldn't leave until the very end.

Though, she didn't join in the celebrating, not in the least. Keeping a good distance away from the large crowd of people enjoying the spring, Lilt took this time to relinquish in her sorrow instead. Having found a nice, cool spot beneath a tree in the back away from the others, she took this Festival of New Spring in a different way she knew most, if not all of the Samanyrs here probably wouldn't understand. Though she was not heavily coated to protect against it, the cool embrace of winter's chill was what she loved. She mourned for it's passing, the air around her already warmer and surroundings already greener than her liking, and she knew it'd only be getting warmer as time kept passing. And though mourning meant sadness, Lilt wasn't one to get too down. Not to mention the sound of Samanayrs suddenly growing closer to her shaded spot was a well enough distraction from the passing of her favorite season.

Ruffling the orange and white feathers of her wings as her purple eyes stared off toward the group of Samanyrs that had been gathering near the back where she had been resting, the curious side of her couldn't help but keep her ears perked for any mention of what they were doing. None of the Samanayrs around had come this close to this spot she had found on day one of the festival, and this large of a gathering of them rather suddenly beginning to head off more toward the forest then the celebration was odd enough to keep her interested. And as the voices of the group carried about, she couldn't ignore one of the only words she had heard being repeated over and over: adventure.

Rising to her feet, she stretched out her tired limbs a moment before making her way toward the group. She wasn't one to stick around crowds, but adventure was what she loved. It outweighed every bit of weariness she might have felt toward anything else. Approaching the front of the group as she eyed two foals taking off ahead of them all, she glanced to the closest Samanayr, a stallion that nearly shared the same coat color as her. Having heard his voice chiming about this adventure, she eyed the legwinged Sam, tilting her head slightly with curiosity before speaking.

"Perhaps your adventure has room for one more?"

( Late again! I think I'm horrible with being on time with rps. 'XD; )
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
perryunicornboy
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by perryunicornboy »

Prism tossed his head a bit and went after the overly exuberant foal. Oh how he hated that..but yet he assumed he would love his own foals if he ever got the the chance to have them. Why he wasn't sure he just thought it would be so. He followed after easily keeping up with the little foals being that their little legs made it impossible for them to run very fast. He looked around scanning for this magic foal that everyone believed to be around except for him of course. Foals that vanish were just not possible and yet he felt a little excited somehow. If it was true...it could be interesting.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((Just a quick reply before we go and move everything))

Image Image

S'qui let out a little squeak as the rolly polly foal bumped into him, but it didn't bother him as he was excited for the adventure to come. When the filly started off into the forest and the excitable Sa'grisayr took off, Spirit started off after them.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Gravel nodded to Paean, recognizing her as the daughter of one of the other mares of the Song of the Blue Lotus. She briefly filled her in on what was going on, about the supposed magic foal and its disappearance. "I thought I would follow along and see what all the fuss was about, you are welcome as well, Paean. I am sure that more eyes in the air would definitely be an asset."

At that, she leaped into the air herself, taking a look at who all was going, and which group she might be able to assist the best.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Rekyrem
Super Spiffy Awesome
Super Spiffy Awesome

Post by Rekyrem »

"Yes, yes! I will protect you! Little ones, yes, and I'm a big one," he rambled off to the colt. "All of us will! On the advyenture!" He was giddy, to say the least, fluttery with excitement at the prospect of finding this magic foal. It sounded so interesting! Perhaps it was some different sort of samanayr... a new one! With magic babies. He could barely contain himself.

Then, when the little filly expressed her urge to get going, he was all for it. He pranced up and down, wiggling his short tail, and generally acting like you'd expect a samanayr half his size to act. He didn't feel like acting like an adult, though. After all, if the magic foal in question really was a foal, it'd probably be more comfortable around people who didn't act like adults.

Gaze did like the idea of staying together, too. That way, no one would get lost, and when they found the foal, they wouldn't have to search all around for the other groups to have them see, too! Staying together was the best choice. The more the merrier, of course!

Then, there was a mare's voice near him. He blinked wildly and looked around for her, and found Lilt next to him. Oh! She was orange, too!

"Of course, of course!" he grinned. "Lots of room!"
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

((I am coming in so LATE ohdear. .___. I managed to lose my internet stick on the plane, so I'm stranded with only internet cafes... Hopefully I can remedy that soon!))

It wasn't often that one saw such a large gathering of Samanayrs, thought the mare to herself from the treeline as the little foal darted off parallel to her position. Why, the last time she had seen such a gathering it had involved some rather unpleasant moments, and, funnily enough, had also centred around foals. Odyssey stared hard at the odd conglomeration of Sams, many of forms that did not often find themselves accepted in such a crowd, and whistled quietly to call her dragonette companion, who had been wandering hungrily after a large butterfly, back to her.

If this proved to be anything like the previous encounter she had taken part in, it would be well worth following. Though, standing as far away as she was, she had heard little, and knew only vaguely what this whole escapade was about... Ah well. She shook herself, then turned to head in the same direction as the foal, keeping to the treeline for the moment.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The filly trotted down the narrow path through the trees with light steps, tufted-and-feathered tail raised high with confidence. She could hear voices behind her, and knew that at least a couple of the adults were following. With an arrogance that could only be born from her youth, the filly felt herself swelling with pride that she had been able to lead them. A leader, just like her father!

Their destination was just several minute's walk away. The trees stopped abruptly at the edge of a edge of a fairly large clearing with a thick growth of blackberry brambles that started not far from the path. The filly looked around eagerly - and to her surprise, she spotted the magical foal!

"There he is!" she cried, bouncing in place and gesturing wildly with her tiny wings.
The filly's 'magical foal' didn't look particularly magical, and he was clearly not a foal, though he was smaller than a usual adult Samanayr. He perched carefully atop the blackberry bramble, grasping it with his clawed hands, and the fluffy appendages on his head swung forward as they appeared.

"I wondered when you'd get here," he said mildly, flicking the membranes on his odd fin-like tail.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog