Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General » Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Transfer complete, more or less
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:10 am 
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Although I did manage to upload everything to the new host, it can apparently take a few days for the samanayrs.com domain to point here instead of at the old host XD As such, we'll be using the samanayrs.net domain until that happens.

Like last time, everything should have been completely transferred and you shouldn't have to re-register for anything. Please let me know if you encounter any errors!

--

Tonight I'm going to try transferring the entire site from Siteground to Dreamhost, including getting the samanayrs.com domain to point from here to there. I'm going to start at 9pm PDT, and the forum will be turned off during that time.

If for whatever reason I have difficulties pointing samanayrs.com to Dreamhost, everything will be on samanayrs.net instead until I can get that sorted out XD Wish me luck!

Current icon by Plaguedog

Post subject: Re: Site transfer tonight, take 2
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 am 
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Good Luck!! Should go well as the forum transferred fine from sushi-dragon.com to samanayrs.com.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 am 
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Good luck! Hopefully it all goes just as smoothly as the transfer over to samanayrs.com did! And hopefully this host will work out much better for you; it sounds like they will.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 am 
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

I'm hoping it'll go okay, my biggest concern is transferring the domain over since I've never done that before XD

Transferring the database and forum turned out to be easy enough, although it took a while to download and then upload the forum's database XD Biiiiig file!

Post subject: Re: Transfer complete, more or less
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:23 am 
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Although I did manage to upload everything to the new host, it can apparently take a few days for the samanayrs.com domain to point here instead of at the old host XD As such, we'll be using the samanayrs.net domain until that happens.

Like last time, everything should have been completely transferred and you shouldn't have to re-register for anything. Please let me know if you encounter any errors!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » General » Announcements