Hello~

Talk about anything you want here.
Starya
Foal
Foal

Hello~

Post by Starya »

Hi, I'm new here ^_^/ Although I suppose I'm not technically a newbie. A looooong time ago (10+ years) I was very into cyber-pets/adoptables/whatever-we're-calling-them-these-days :) I have no artistic talent whatsoever, but I enjoyed adopting all the pretty critters. Sadly in high school I started having some medical issues and as a result my internet time was severely restricted (even though computer usage came in a very distant 3rd place on the list of things actually causing said medical issues *mutter*). As a result, I was basically forced to drop off the face of the internet for a while and by the time I could have come back school had taken over my life and I had no time for it.

Aaaaanyway, I started wondering recently if any of the people I remember were still around and if I could get back into this. Back then, the Orchard Messagepost @ The Silver Unicorn was sort of the main hang-out place, but that seems to be gone now. It looks like Lexington took over for Silvanon with the Painted Unicorns (http://crystalunicorns.proboards.com/), but even that seems to have gone silent a few months ago. I definitely remember Samanayrs from back then, but this is basically the only place I've managed to find that still seems even remotely active. Are there other people out there doing adoptables? And do people still create webpages to house the creatures they adopt? That was (a large part of) what was fun for me: designing the pages and writing the stories and whatnot. But I can't seem to find an example of someone who still actually does that ^^;; If someone without a webpage wanted to adopt, would their Samanayr basically just live in the database and through any role-playing that person partakes in on the forums? Anyone who wants to help fill me in on how things work these days would be greatly appreciated!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: Hello~

Post by RikkuGirl »

omg newbie/oldbie YAY!!! firat of all WELCOME !!! we are quite active and are always growing!

I am working with an awesome team to help get Kaitail.com back on the market. wont be for another month or two though 8(. I have kind of lost devotion for most adoptables, pony island having lost its luster to me. i pretty much am here...and thats about it. hahaha.

anyway! some people do still have adoptables pages! though, you dont really need one here. We have a profile area to post our sams and their stories!! take a moment and explore this whole forum, youll love it! also the directory samanayrs.com/database houses all our sams and offers you the ability to make their families (most like to make banners, etc.). I would love to see what you come up with if you do choose to make an adoptables page.

^^ i dont know if that helped but i figured id say hi, at least ^o^ *waves n junk*

so glad you are back and i hope you are all healed and healthier! *snuggles* If you ever have questions of would like to talk or borrow a sam, let me know!! id be happy to help and i know MANY others here who would offer the same ^^

Welcome again! hope you enjoy all the changes and updates to sams!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Hello and welcome back!

I can't contribute much, but I do know the Painted Unicorns went over to Secundi after the great PonyIsland adoptable man-bits fiasco (they changed the art rules for adoptables so even a *hint* of sexuality or the suggestion of boy parts on animals is now considered to be "inappropriate"). A lot of adoptables went there, in fact. I don't know how active they might be there, I have not checked in for a while, but you may be able to find some more there that you are missing. :) i think it's secundi.net ?

Also, of course you can make pages for your Sams :) Not as many do any more because we have the database, but I can't imagine Sushi would be against the idea :)
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Welcome back! Though I came in long after your era, I'm glad you have resurfaced and are interested in starting back up with Samanayrs! :D
Signature under construction!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

RikkuGirl wrote:omg newbie/oldbie YAY!!! firat of all WELCOME !!! we are quite active and are always growing!

I am working with an awesome team to help get Kaitail.com back on the market. wont be for another month or two though 8(. I have kind of lost devotion for most adoptables, pony island having lost its luster to me. i pretty much am here...and thats about it. hahaha.

anyway! some people do still have adoptables pages! though, you dont really need one here. We have a profile area to post our sams and their stories!! take a moment and explore this whole forum, youll love it! also the directory samanayrs.com/database houses all our sams and offers you the ability to make their families (most like to make banners, etc.). I would love to see what you come up with if you do choose to make an adoptables page.

^^ i dont know if that helped but i figured id say hi, at least ^o^ *waves n junk*

so glad you are back and i hope you are all healed and healthier! *snuggles* If you ever have questions of would like to talk or borrow a sam, let me know!! id be happy to help and i know MANY others here who would offer the same ^^

Welcome again! hope you enjoy all the changes and updates to sams!
Yes what my sister said! Lol Glad to have you back/new. ^_^ I'm still pretty new also but if you would like to talk or barrow a sam let me know also. Hope all is well with your health also. I have been threw quite a bit too so totally understand what you had to go threw.
So WELCOME and BIG HUGGLES!!!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Oooooooo dont forget to go to HERE. Possible for you to get a sam! GOOD LUCK!! ^_^
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Hey welcome back!

I used to hang out at the Orchard Message Board, too, along with Arborwin Adoptions' board (did you ever have melceys? I loved those guys.). I miss those days! Man, there were so many awesome pets in the early 2000s. I still have a website for my pets and I put up a bunch of the the pets that I had floating around on an old computer. If anyone knows how to open .art files, let me know - I still have a ton of adoptables that I can't access. Anyway, it's good to see someone else from back then!

The Hot Springs is a great place full of awesome people, so I encourage you to get invovled!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Heya! I'm from the old crowd of make-a-page cyberpetters myself. ^_^ I'm not an artist and so I never had adoptables of my own, but I greedily devoured everyone else's beautiful art. I'd initially gotten sucked in by Myrror's EverRealm and Silvanon's unicorns (though I never owned any of them), and wandered my way over to the Pern-side dragon adoptables for a long time. I stalked Sams forever, though, and got my first one in 2005.

o__o Dang. Been a while.

Anywhoooooo, most of the make-a-page adoptables have since moved onto forums, since a lot of people don't have their own webspace anymore. (A lot of people host images on public sites and there are still a few in the old guard with adoptable collections, but it's mostly phased out.)

Sams are really the only ones I bothered sticking with, being my favorite of the lot in the long-ago, and I'm so glad I did. Amusingly enough, you can still find a few of the older cyberpetters in little cluster concentrations - for example, there's a good number of them over on the Anima Adoption Agency site.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Welcome back to adoptables again! I'm not sure if everyone just got too busy, or if the fall of Geocities led to it, but I'm afraid there's not much left in the way of webpage-housed cyperpets that I've been able to find anyway- if you're nostalgic for the community feeling from the Orchard though, I'd say the Sam forum is a better place to end up than most! *wide grin* Hopefully you'll find something to keep you around here!
Aw, and now that I'm completely nostalgic for Melceys and Paints and the EverRealm... :D Welcome again!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Hello, and welcome back to the world of virtual pets/adoptables/whatnots :D If you had adopted any Samanayrs way back when and remember the username that you used they should still be floating around somewhere!

There’s a lot of small groups of adoptables on different virtual pet sites, like PonyIsland, and some on DeviantArt, although I’m not sure exactly how they work there. There’s no one big concentrated place for them anymore, they’re kind of all over! Silvanon does run Subeta and as far as I’m aware her Painted Unicorns are still around. Lexington ran Crystal Unicorns and a few other adoptables for a while but she’s not running anything at the moment. Last I heard Arborwin was doing a webcomic but no idea if she's still doing that or something else now!

Like others have said, a webpage isn't a requirement to adopt Samanayrs anymore, although if you want to create one you're quite welcome to :D

It’s funny, I was just getting nostalgic the other day for the 'you walk into a weyr/hot spring/clearing'-type adoptables XD Maybe an event for another day..?!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

Painted Unicorns are still at least semi-active over on Secundi (things seem a little slow in general there right now, but they are still there!) Silvanon is pretty active there most of the time, though she has had some real life issues recently that have cause some rearrangement of her priorities
Starya
Foal
Foal

Post by Starya »

Oohhh right, Crystal Unicorns & Painted Unicorns are different things -_-;; I somehow found the Crystal forum following a series of links from The Silver Unicorn and got confused... And OMG, I totally forgot about Melceys but I loved all of Arborwin's critters too! Also Jaysen's stuff and Adlana's (looks like http://www.namelessforest.com/ is still there, but I assume she is no longer active either).

I guess the loss of Geocities (or some other free alternative) makes it pretty difficult to expect everyone to have their own webpages these days. Sushi, I don't quite remember if I was ever actually able to obtain any Sams back then but I went by Tygress if it's possible to still look it up. I'm sure if I did have any, you would have had to find new homes for them by now. But at least seeing them again would bring back memories :)

So I signed up for PonyIsland, but for some reason it's just not really clicking with me... I will try Secundi though, maybe that will make more sense, haha. Anyway, thanks a lot everyone for the very warm welcome (back)! I'mma go see about getting myself a Sam in the July custom draw :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I couldn't find any Samanayrs under that name.. but apparently you're the proud owner of a red Mini-Featherdragon XD Remember those guys?! I was an affiliate of the main Featherdragon adoption agency, I think. The page I found that info on is from 1999 and now I feel really old :D;;

Oh yeah, Jaysen and Adlana too! I loved their stuff so much XD Memories!

PonyIsland is supposed to be focused more on the game than the adoptables, and the scene there definitely isn't what it used to be. I'm not on Secundi but it does look more adoptables-focused!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog