A Traveler Wanders In!

Talk about anything you want here.
Kodai
Samanayr
Samanayr

A Traveler Wanders In!

Post by Kodai »

Hello, everyone! I'm Kodai. c: I found the Hotsprings completely by accident, but I'm glad I did! This looks like a fun little community.

I don't have a PI account, but I do have a tumblr and DA if people are interested in looking at my art.

Um... I'm actually usually a super-lurker and don't tend to write introductory posts, so I'm not sure what else to say, really. Ask me questions if you want to know something about me, I guess? :D
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Re: A Traveler Wanders In!

Post by tierasa »

Welcome Kodai! You'll find we're a really fun and friendly community. We're happy you've found us. You're just in time for our busy holiday season. There will be a lot of fun events, so be sure to keep your eyes on our events and availability board.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Welcome, nice to meet you :D Things are a little quiet at the moment since I'm working on some other stuff, but it'll pick up again in December with the annual gift-o-rama!

If you have any questions please ask :D And please feel free to share your Tumblr and DA, I always love looking at other peoples' art! I'm on them both as well as http://dinosaurandpony.tumblr.com and http://dinopony.deviantart.com
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

WELCOME!! I hope you have fun snd enjoy the sams snd cooly art and fun. ^_^ If you have questions just ask. Glad you could join us. HUGGLES ^_^
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Welcome to the group! I'm normally a hardcore lurker on many forums, but this is one of the few where I really feel part of the community. We've got a lot of awesome members and Sushi(s) both large and small, so hopefully you get a kick out of oggling the pretty Sams as much as we do. If you ever have any questions, we're always ready and willing to answer either on the forums or by PM.

Have you checked out the Sam site database yet? It's the premiere location for oggling activities. ;)

http://samanayrs.net/database.php
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

OMG yay! A new friend! ^o^ WELCOME!!

It's wonderful to meet you! As everyone else has said, feel free to ask if you need anything and you are welcome to use majority of my sams if you ever need. <3

You did come at just the right time!! The holidays on sams is always a wonderful time! I know I'm excited for the gift-o-rama events! woooo!! ^o^ plus... other events ;) *Is not giving a hint or anything*

So glad you are here, stalk away!! xD just be sure to post in games! xD lol or else you cant play x3 however, they are fun to watch too! lol *Check out races*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Welcome welcome welcome! :D As the others have said, there's a lot to do, and this is a great time of year! If you need anything, or just want to chat about Sams and life, hit me up with a PM! ^__^

Sams is one of those communities that's very close-knit. :3 You'll fit right in, dear! We even have Secret Santas/card exchanges during the holidays! <333 We're happy to have you!

(Speaking of which, I need to finish mine! XD)
Signature under construction!
Kodai
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Kodai »

Ah, thanks for the welcomes, everyone! :D I've definitely been checking out all the pretty Sams (they're so gorgeous!) and I'm very much looking forward to the holiday events! I don't think I have any questions right now, but I'll be sure to ask if any come up.

Here's my tumblr and DA if you want to check those out. c:
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Welcome! You have a very pretty avatar, and some lovely artwork!

Everyone has pretty much already mentioned how open we are to questions, and definitely keep an eye open for December events.
Kodai
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Kodai »

Aah, thank you, Silver. :D

I do have a question now -- how do you sign up for the database? I've gone poking around, but the link I found for doing that seems to be outdated (it just leads to a 404 error).
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

No problem.

I am not quite sure what's up with signing up for the database, it may potentially be turned off to keep out spam bots... but you don't need an account to browse through the Samanayrs. If you just do a blank search(no terms entered) you can look through all the Samanayrs, or you can filter them by certain traits, species, owner, ect. The members section is mostly just for seeing all your items, and managing any Samanayrs and Songs you have.

One search I would recommend is the Open song search: http://samanayrs.net/displaySearchSong. ... tatus=Open If you stroll through that, you can get a look at some of the Samanayrs that people have set as open for breeding so the next time a breeding season opens up, you know which pairs you want to use.
Kodai
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Kodai »

Oh, I bet that's exactly what it is. :o Pesky spambots! Good to know, though; thanks!

I've been using the database for art-staring purposes; I just wanted to see if I could log in and look at my empty official inventory (because I can be silly like that). XD I should definitely go through those Open Songs, though!

(Aaah, I can't wait until I get my first Sam! I want to do things. XD)
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*waves happily* Always nice to see new people in the forum! :D Out of curiosity, was this the link you were using to try and register for the database?

http://samanayrs.net/register.php

I didn't actually find it on the main pages, so I thought I'd ask. ^^
Kodai
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Kodai »

O: Actually, it wasn't -- it was a sushi-dragon.com link.

Your link worked, though -- thank you, Janalee! :D
Bighorns
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Bighorns »

Welcome.
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

Ohhhh, seeing more tumblr people makes me wonder if we can have a little Sam-tumblr-people group... O: Welcome, yo!
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Ive never used tumblr... >_>; what exactly is it? Will y'all be my fwends on there if I join?! D8
My Sams!

Kodai
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Kodai »

tumblr's a site where you can post just about anything (pictures, videos, music, text, etc.) and follow people that post things you like. I don't use mine a whole lot, but I'll be friends with anyone from here on there if they want. :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D Thanks Kodai! <333

>_> When I get around to making one, I would Love to follow you, and the rest of the sam community! :3

So pretty much its kinda like instagram then? o.o I have that but I dont use it much. >_>; I need to get with the times! lol
My Sams!