When it rains, it pours.. out of the ceiling?!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

When it rains, it pours.. out of the ceiling?!

Post by Sushidragon »

Thought I would share my tale of woe XD

Our basement is finished except for the laundry room, and on Tuesday evening I noticed some water on the ground and on the foundation. It's been warm here lately and there's been a lot of snow melt, and we were worried that the foundation might be leaking.

Yesterday I turned on the dishwasher during nap time, and a while later I was working in my office when I heard running water. At first I thought I was hearing it from outside but it was quite loud, so I went into the laundry room and bingo - water running out of the ceiling @__@ I turned off the dishwasher and power in that room, mopped everything up, and called the insurance people, and long story short our kitchen floor needs to be replaced since water has been leaking under it. Yay!

So, uh, thank goodness for insurance? D:
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: When it rains, it pours.. out of the ceiling?!

Post by Seren »

Oh no! D: Though I'm glad that insurance will help! My family had that happen in our kitchen too, from an upstairs shower...
Signature under construction!
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Oh dear. That sounds horrible. We had a water problem too. Our washers drain hose froze and cracked and leake all over our laundry room. Good thing was we had put a load of laundry on the floor(waiting its turn to be washed) and it soaked up most of the water. The drain took care of the rest :)
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Oh noooo, Sushi, I'm so sorry! This seems to be the week for plumbing woes, because literally the exact same thing just happened in our house on Sunday night. Turned on the dishwasher and our roomie downstairs came to grab Nathalia because the paint had blisters of water growing under it in a portion of the basement. o__o Just had plumbers come out to fix the system in a big way.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Water where water shouldn't be is the worst D: We got lucky though in that the room in the basement where the water was going is the only one that's unfinished, so the water just got on bare concrete XD Plumber says the dishwasher was the culprit, which really annoys me since we've had it for just over two years..
Image Image

SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I would be SO annoyed if I were in your place, since I feel like a two year old dishwasher kinda shouldn't do that... But I am so glad it wasn't worse!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

That's too bad that happened, although lucky that there wasn't more damage! I hope the insurance people don't make you jump through too many hoops...

And here are my random water stories:

Our crawlspace floods when we get heavy rainfall, although it is kind-of expected since we live on a delta in a temperate rainforest...
Also, my dad's staircase waterfall flooded one time because he filled it with too much water. It was fine until he turned off the pump and everything collected at the bottom and overflowed!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The kitchen is just finally starting to get back to rights @__@ The dishwasher itself just needs to be fixed and a couple of odds and ends, but floor, counter, sink, cabinets etc are finally back where they should be. Tonight I get to prep dinner on a regular counter instead of the stovetop! Hurrah!
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

YAY!!! I'm glad things are starting to get back to normal for you... and BOOOooooo for leaky ceilings! I hope the insurance gets it all back up and running for you quickly! o: I know how it feels to function on the stove top. I dont really have counters either way. lol
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: