House Buying is Stressful!

Talk about anything you want here.
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

House Buying is Stressful!

Post by tierasa »

So Retta and I have been looking for a house for about a month. We've been living with our parents for a while to take care of them. However, it's time for us to really have our own space and them to rely more on each other though we'll still be helping a lot.

We've looked at several. We have a pretty small budget and perhaps big budget dreams. However, I think we finally found the perfect one this past weekend. We can picture all of our stuff in there and there's enough yard for our dog. So, today we put in an offer on it. Now comes the excruciating wait to see if it's accepted or if they counter.

Has anyone else had experience with house buying? How do things usually go? How long do things take?

We have an amazing realtor, and she's been really patient with us and informative. I'd just like to know how things have gone for others.

EDIT: Looks like they've countered, so now we've got some more figures to run.

EDIT2: We submitted our own counter offer, and it was accepted! Retta and I are going to own a house!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: House Buying is Stressful!

Post by Sushidragon »

Oh wow, that's awesome! Good luck with all of the house-buying fun :D Getting your own place is super exciting, although it can be a little (lot) stressful at times XD You guys must be very happy!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery

Post by tierasa »

It's definitely been an interesting experience so far. We've been trying to figure a lot of things out such as if we want to paint or not. Right now all of the walls are the same color. What kind of furniture do we want? We have to have a fence for the dog, so we have to make a decision on that too.

We've also got that excruciating wait until closing. We've got to wait for them to finish the house. We've got to fill out the mortgage paperwork. Retta will have to offer them a pint of blood. And there's the inspection. It'll be a little over a month.

We're going back up to the house on Saturday to take pics since I forgot last time. ^^;
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

Well, the first 32 pages of initial disclosures is done. Now to gather up all my other documents and mail it all together with a nice fat check. Still have the appraisal, the inspection, and insurance stuff to go. Then all the design decisions. Do we paint? If so, do we hire someone? What kind of furniture do we need? Where can we get it? How much is it going to cost? I'm going to go completely gray headed before we even get the first box through the door. XD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Great advice I heard re: painting: hire someone to paint the ceilings and prime the walls, then paint the walls yourself. Painting walls is easy enough but the priming and ceilings are a huge pain!

Congrats, home ownership is so exciting :D
Image Image

Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Oh wow, congrats and good luck!
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery

Post by tierasa »

Thanks a bunch. We're really excited to regain some of our independence. We're a bit too old to be living with our parents and for the four of us to be happy about it.

We're just waiting for things to happen. Meanwhile, we're keeping ourselves busy looking at furniture and planning.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Good luck!!! <3333333
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery

Post by tierasa »

We are FINALLY officially closing! The date and time are set for 10am Tuesday. I am so excited. I thought we were never going to get there. It's just been one delay after another, but now finally we can get the keys to our new house.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oh, nice! Congrats and enjoy that 'new house' smell :D
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams