Good news and bad news

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Good news and bad news

Post by Sushidragon »

Bad news: I've totally bombed at the convention this weekend!

Good news: This means all of the Samanayr art cards are going to be available through the forum in a few days XD Yay!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Good news and bad news

Post by Delicious »

Those ridiculous conventioners! Ah well, their loss our gain! MWAHAHA! :)
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

That is crazy Sushi sorry they didnt get any. I'm with Delicious tho their loss our gain! Lol
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Pffft, philistines. :P
Their loss, our gain though! *rubs hands together*
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It wasn't the people, rather the, uh, lack of people D: It was a rough weekend for a lot of the artists and dealers!
Image Image

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Sorry to hear that :( I hope it didn't cost you too much to go. It would suck if you lost a lot.

I volunteered at the Salt Lake Comic Con here in Utah again (In September) It was awesome again. I was working next to the room where they were taking some actors to sign autographs. They brought Chris Evans(Captain America) up to the room with lile 15 or so bodyguards and security guards one of the days. Then later that night they brought him up again, this time without guards. I tapped on the table where I was sitting to get the attention of the volunteer I was with so she could see Chris Evans too. I didn't get her attention but I got Chris Evan's attention.... He looked right at me and smiled. I about died. It was so awesome.

The cool thing was that nobody else noticed him because he didn't have any guards with him. There was about 20 or so people around where I was too. :)

That's awesome that all the cards will be available for us though... I still wish I had the money this time hahahaha XD
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Ugh, yep, that wasn't the best weekend. As a bonus I got dinged for extra screening at the airport, and then triggered an alarm on the full-body scanner, so had to get a pat-down anyway @_@ YAY.

I did get some drawings done, though, including a Sharian lady (if you've ever wondered what they look like!) and some fanart for the little pixel game Dino Run XD

http://dinopony.deviantart.com/art/Swor ... -564103750
http://dinopony.deviantart.com/art/Outr ... -564508549

I'll be making the cards available sometime this weekend, and I'm going to be having some kind of event to give one of them away for free. Any event suggestions?

@ElvenArcher - Ooh, that sounds awesome :D I think I would have just about died too!
Image Image

Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Aww Sushi, that's such a bummer and I'm so sorry! Please know that this isn't a reflection of you as an artist. Your stuff is great and I can imagine how hurt and disappointed you were. :( /hug hug hug
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Aww, sorry the con didn't go well for you, if my timing had been better I totally would have stopped by and picked up a card! Seattle was fun though.

Hopefully Vancoufur/Samcon will be better! It's too bad the people who bought a card last year didn't stick around on the forums though...
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Ha! So glad there are other fans of the most adorable running dinosaur pixels in existence. :)