We were adopted! ... by a stray cat.

Talk about anything you want here.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

We were adopted! ... by a stray cat.

Post by ElvenArcher »

I have a little story to tell you all. :)

A week two after my brother and I moved and the family was still packing the house. (I had to come early because we moved our horses early)
I was out feeding our horses and this stray cat came to see me. It looked awful. Skinny, beat up, had a big gash on the top of it's head. It seemed friendly so I talked to it and pet it. It even let my doctor the gash on it's head. Which is 100% heal and there isn't a scar. When I was doctoring Moons legs with peroxide and some antibiotic ointment I would just peroxide the cats head and put some ointment on and it healed fast. (Moon is doing great by the way. Has gained almost all of her weight back and the proud flesh is almost all gone too.)

This scrawny stray kept coming around. When my family finally got here my mom told us it was a girl.

My grandma (who we moved in with) said if the cat stayed around we could keep her, but she had to stay an outside cat and even bought some cat food for us, because we were still jobless.
The cat finally met my brother.... and she has stayed around ever since. She adores my brother. She'll even try to climb up the side of the house to get to his window.

She is not scrawny any more, she is a very healthy cat.

She disappeared a few weeks ago and we thought she got chased off by a huge stray tom cat. Well it turns out he was actually her boyfriend... and she was only gone a couple of days.

She is expecting. :D. We were going to get her spayed and the she disappeared. So now we will have kittens! We are pretty excited. We don't think she is having very many because she only has a few weeks left and her belly isn't extremely big.
We are going to make sure her kittens get handled so they are friendly... Depending on how many she has we might just keep all of them. :)

Cookies to all who read this long post, I thought it was going to be a little story. Haha! XD
I am just excited and wanted to share my story with someone.

I will post pictures of our cat (when I can get Photobucket to work :/ )... which we call KitKat.
We couldn't decide on a name for her so we were just calling her Kitty Cat, but I shortened it and it stuck. My brother likes it because KitKats are his favorite cady bar. :)
If anyone is interested in kitten pictures I can post them too when they get here.. We estimate around the 18th of this month. :D (So Excited!)
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: We were adopted! ... by a stray cat.

Post by Sushidragon »

Aw, that's wonderful of you guys to take her in, and figures she'd sneak off and get into a family way right before being spayed XD She must be so happy to be in a loving home! I'd love to see photos of her and the eventual kittens :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Here is a picture. This is one of the times we brought her inside for a brushing... This is before the brushing hahaha XD

Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Aw, she's so fluffy! And KitKat is an adorable name for her. ^^ I'd also love to see the kitten photos when they come along!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Awww!! She is so cute and floofy!! ^o^ Congrats on the new family member. I had a cat adopt my family one time, he was amazing. Passed away a little bit ago, old boy. Michael. Loved him. :3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Lovely kitty! So floofy and regal XD congrats!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Bighorns
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Bighorns »

Pretty kitty. Glad Moon doing better.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

We got to feel the kittens today! It was awesome. We think she has at least 2, but they are so small we can't really tell. Hahaha. My mom has decided that they probably won't be here untill the 24th. We can't wait :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Any day now. Possibly tonight. :D *so excited*

Comic Con starts Thursday, leaving tomorrow to stay with someone closer. That way it's just a short train ride away. The train doesn't reach us so we would have to drive 2+ hours to get there XP.

In addition to our future kittens, we now have 10 chicks and 2 ducklings. We are getting a few more chicks (6 of them) O.O and we also just got given 2 more ducklings that we have to pick up tomorrow.
We are going to have our hands full for a few months till the chicks and ducks can be put in the coop. We are hoping Kitkat will take good care of her kittens so we don't have to hand feed them.
Hand feeding kittens is hard work.

Oh and we plan on breeding our lionhead rabbits in time for the fair. That's not for a while though. :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Well. Kit's due date has come and gone and still no kittens. We have no idea what happened. We are thinking it was a false pregnancy, but we thought we felt kittens moving so I have no clue. Oh well, it's probably good that she didn't have any. We won't have to scramble to find homes. :)

Our 10 chicks and 4 ducklings has grown tons in the last three days. :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage