Pokemon Go!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Pokemon Go!

Post by Sushidragon »

Who's playing? It's still not out in Canada yet but it looks like so much fun D: As soon as it's released, though..!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Re: Pokemon Go!

Post by Echos »

I'm playing but learning that living in a rural area sucks so much. There are no pokemon, gyms or pokestops unless you live in urban or suburban areas.

Heck I even live in a National Park. Considering Pokestops and gyms are supposed to be at 'landmarks' you'd think we'd at least have one. But no. The fountain at the starbucks in the town 27 miles away is a stop though >:(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Myrror
Foal
Foal
Favorite Sam species: All >.>

Post by Myrror »

It sounds fun, but I don't think I'd have time or energy for it.

Edit: Or the right phone/device. I'm old, and I have an old phone.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

I'm playing, but I don't have service on my phone(because cell phones don't work in town. We have to drive 5 miles away to get good service) so all I can do is walk around my house. So I haven't caught many pokemon.
My town is less than 300 people. I didn't think we'd have any pokestops but we have 3 and a gym. I was surprised. Unfortunately they are too far away from my wifi. :(
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

I'm playing. I haven't been able to use it outside the house yet though, because I share a data plan with my 2 siblings and they managed to use it all up. But as soon as the new cycle starts (in like 4 days), I'll probably try going out and about.

From what I can see on my map; the elementary school down the street from me is a gym (which seems to be predominantly controlled by Team Valor), the park in front of said school is a poke-stop, the fountain in front of a gas station is a poke-stop, and a nearby church is one as well.

What I find kind of funny, is that there's a body of water on my map. I was so confused by it at first, because there are no bodies of water in my area, unless you count pools, but then I realized it was the city "water reservoir". But this southern California in the middle of a years long drought, so the reservoir is actually just a big dry hole in the ground with rocks and shrubs.
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

I've been playing when I can, though the server lag/dropout is incredibly frustrating. :?
I find it's a really good motivator to actually get up and got out on nice long walks though; the closest poke-stop is a 15min drive away, so I don't get there very often, but there are plenty of basic pokemon to catch in my area just by walking around (Pidgeys, Ratata, Spearow, mostly.) so I've just been farming candy and leveling up for now. ^-^
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

I feel you all so hard when it comes to living in a rural area. Although, my boyfriend has promised to take me to a bunch of Pokestops next time I visit him. :s So.. I've been leveling, although I'm not too good at catching the pokemon the first time, so I've already ran out of pokeballs, lol.
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic

Post by FoxyJhai »

I'm glad I don't live in a rural area. And apparently my brother has managed to take control of the nearby gym with his Snorlax. He says he used his friend's hotspot.
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Ugh I'm hoping my university's town will have some, though currently I'm betting that my home town won't have much. I'll try it out when I return to the states....in three weeks...

*sobs* Goodbye Germany I'm going to miss you ;A;
Signature under construction!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Honestly it's pretty awesome minus the server drops. It got me, codress, and big horns out and about. Found a bunch of really neat things and places I didn't really know about. It's def addictive I
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Britain, Ogre, and I have had a blast on it! We drive around the neighborhood at a slow crawl to hatch our eggs in the comfort of A/C, hit various poke-stops. We have 2 stops in our neighborhood, so it's real convenient. Also I caught a Paras in my bathroom. >_>
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Orasteele wrote:We drive around the neighborhood at a slow crawl to hatch our eggs in the comfort of A/C,
This. So much of this. XD You get the weirdest looks; especially if you're doing it late at night...
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

It will definitely help when I'm at college though. Apparently, the town my University is in is flooded with gyms and pokemon. So.. I'm assuming yours will be the same Seren.

What team are you all thinking about joining?
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic

Post by FoxyJhai »

Just got back from watching a movie at a nearby mall. A near by mall with free wifi! We deliberately picked a movie that would give us just over an hour to walk around. There were so many pokemon and pokestops around. And I kept over hearing people mentioning/talking about pokemon. Yes, Foxy is a creeper who listens to other people's conversations. XP

At one point I over heard a security guard telling a group to not block the walkways, one of them was like "But there's pokemon!" and the security guy was like "Yeah, I know. You still gotta get out of the way though." Then later another security guy (at the other end of the mall) was talking about the other day, it was like 1 in the morning and the was a bunch of guys in their like 30s and 40s just walking around the mall looking for pokemon and he had to tell them to leave because all the shops have been closed for several hours by that point. But my favorite over heard conversation was when we were leaving, I heard a little kid yell out "I caught it!" and then I'm guessing it was mom was like "Great job!" and she totally meant it. It just made me happy.

I'll probably try out that slow crawl driving trick once I have data again, managed to get a handful of eggs at the mall.

I decided to join Team Mystic, because Articuno has always been my favorite of the legendary birds. Plus, I like blue more then red or yellow.
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

I picked team Valor. My brother picked team Mystic.

I will have to find some places with free wifi. I am going to be at my grandparents house this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to catch some different Pokemon at their house. The most I can find at my house is Pidgy, Rattata, and Drowzee.
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

TEAM MYSTIC!!! <3 xD
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I am curious to see what the Poke Stops and gyms in my area end up being. The place I live isn't rural but it is pretty remote XD;

Pokemon Go needs to come out in Canada before the end of the month so I can catch some Texas Pokemon when I'm in the area! >:[
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

When are you going to be in Texas?! And what part? I'd love to see you while you are in the state!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I live nearly across the street from a community college, so there are two gyms and a bunch of pokestops within about 10-15 minutes walking distance. I never knew there was a beautiful wooded bridge to the other side of the campus, though! So it's definitely gotten me out and exploring more than I have locally. Nathalia is remarkably indulgent (not a smartphone user or gamer, but a nerd cultural afficionado) and has been my wandering buddy.

I work pretty close to DC and live within a half hour of Baltimore, so she suggested we take a drive through one of the cities. It's what a few friends nearby have been doing and they've made out like bandits. o__o
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

^_^ Yup, go to very rural areas and you are more likely to hit some good stuff. Unfortunately, if you dont have any religious, public or large restaurants around... you will have a pretty barren poke go experience. lol I did the same jennalyn, saw so many neat things that I didn't even know my town had. It really does make you want to get up and go out somewhere to see what else you can get. I luck out and have downtown but it is still a bit far. I find that parks are the best places.

They tend to have a few check points and will reset normally in the time it takes you to walk around the whole place. at least at my park. :) So if you want to go on a round or two at your park, that is a good place to start!
My Sams!

Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Love the game!! Fun f7n. Started it on my birthday with my sister and BF. ^_^ not a birthday was able to be with Dad). Sister. Uncle and BF which hasn't happened in yearssss. So was nice. Yeah we drove around downtown Naples and got some free stuffs. Lol I just got to level 12 yesterday. Got my fave Pokemon too!! Ponyta and can't wait to get enough to get rapadash!! XD
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

I am out of Pokeballs so I can't play. :(

I'll have to see if I can get some money to buy Pokecoins. This having no job sucks XP.

I just read today that you can now make requests to have things in your neighborhood turned into Pokestops. I'll see if I can find the article again and post more info. :)
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Ya, poke stops are the best way to get pokeballs. Or level up. You can play you just have to do a lot of walking or go to gyms/stops. O-o; I'm kinda in the same boat, so I cant really talk. lol

I got a pikachu though! :D *wiggles*

I was wondering if they would offer the chance to suggest stops. I would think if you have enough people voting for a stop that it should be made.

I found myself chilling at a mexican restaurant at 11:57 last night trying to get the perk from the pokestop chip thingy (It makes pretty petals around the pokestop :3)

Crazy game.. I dont think the Egg hatching is right... though that could be because it is in kilometers instead of feet so I'm a bit off on when it should be changing. >->;;; I need to brush up on my conversions. haha I'm trying to hatch this 10km egg and I have 9.5 done. O_<;;; its getting frustrating.
My Sams!

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Well I found the article again but they've taken the request option down. Hopefully they'll put it back up later when they aren't swamped with requests.

http://kotaku.com/you-can-now-request-n ... 1783669406

I don't have service on my phone so I can't play. All I have is wifi and it doesn't reach the nearest Pokestop. :(
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic

Post by FoxyJhai »

Quick tip for anyone who hasn't started playing yet, or makes a new account, you can get a pikachu for your starter. Not sure how common this knowledge is, so figured I'd share it. ^-^

Normally after the intro and avatar selection, you appear on a map and the three starters show up and you choose one to catch. But if you ignore the three and move away from them they'll disappear and then they reappear after a little, you'll have to do this multiple times, I think someone said 4 times, but eventually they'll reappear with pikachu.

I haven't done this, but my sister did since she didn't want the same starter as either my brother or myself and she doesn't care for bulbasaur.

And speaking of starters, which did you guys choose? I got squirtle, its my favorite starter ever. *snuggles her squirtle*
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image