Website Update: Image Gatherer Edition!

Talk about anything you want here.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Website Update: Image Gatherer Edition!

Post by Rythe »

Once upon a time, Sushi asked me to do a special layout for the Song Search DB Page for breeding season. It basically broke the image constraints on my pretty tables so she could see the full sizes on dam, sire, and siblings for the new foals and more easily figure out what was up for colors and patterns and such.

I never quite got around to adding the same sort of feature to the new website, so she's been bumming around on the old website this breeding season (whoops <.<).

And once upon a time, CosmicDragon Origami_Dragon thought it'd be a really cool idea to be able to compare images for various Sams at the same time to sort out features, traits, lineages and matchings and such. Would also help Jennalyn with her matchups thread more than a little. I had some ideas, but never quite got around to them either. (It's been a very crazy year...)

So. I finally took two days and made the Image Gatherer Utility. (And you wondered why there was a menu entry for the Text Hunter on it's own. ~_^)

And I (mostly/somewhat) fixed Text Hunter for mobile. It's at least workable now.

Enjoy~ ...Because it's too late for me to type out instructions. Kudos and I owe whoever figures the utility out and does the instructions up for me. :p

That said, Sushi has already requested an aspect ratio lock (9th control...) and a whoops feature for when people have gathered up all the images and then accidentally navigate away from the page, which currently loses you all those beautifully curated images. Ah...Be careful in the meantime?

I also finally finished a backend update that I've been meaning to do for months and has been in the works for a month. Simple, but extensive, and if I broke everything...uh, it was for the best? And Summer Storm will fix it. ::Nods:: She's starting to have some caffeine withdrawals anyways. >.>
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Website Update: Image Gatherer Edition!

Post by Rythe »

So now that I've mostly fixed everything, and got the UI to show up for mobile somewhat usefully, instructions.

First: Menu -> Utilities -> Image Gatherer

Second: Mouse over a picture or image and/or tap the hidden buttons on said picture or image for mobile
--The hidden buttons are in the lower right corner of all images to pop out the picture you see.
--Lower left corner for any image that is a link to another image (Cert Images via DB Search Display Images)

Third: You will now have a copy of the image that you can move around anywhere on the page and...
---Resize (lower right corner)
---Close (top right corner)
---Collapse (top right corner, second from right)
---Toggle Background (top right corner, third from right)
---Reset Size (bottom left corner)
---Lock Aspect Ratio (bottom left corner, second from left)

Fourth: Tapping on the image will toggle UI visibility for mobile. Mousing on/off the picture for desktop
----Sorry, mobile. It's a little sticky because mobile JS.

That is, unless something got broken on me...

Recovery feature will hopefully be in over this weekend, which mobile will particularly need since it's easier for them to navigate away from the site and onto a cert image, which loses them everything.

I'm calling this the 'Breeding Season Update' in the background, because I'm also going to try and do a quick pass on the new website UI for mobile. Link lists and menu items are informally too small and packed too closely together for phone touch screens. Will try to improve that along with the UI items for the Image Gatherer also getting more size and spacing for all the same reasons.

And then it's onto my crazy, crazy winter project. Wish me luck! And Summer Storm sanity! We're going to need it. <.<

PS: It was Origami_Dragon who was looking for something like this waaay back in the beginning of the year... Silly memory. >.<