Presidential Election Results

Talk about anything you want here.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Presidential Election Results

Post by CosmicDragon »

Whelp.
... Discuss?? :?
... ...
Just putting this out there, you are all welcome over here in Australia with me in my panic bunker if things go south.
Not saying they definitely will, but hey, the offer is out there! ;)
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: Presidential Election Results

Post by ElvenArcher »

If I had the money I would maybe take you up on that offer haha XD

I would rather have Trump than Clinton so I am happy with the outcome. I didn't vote because I don't have ID right ow and no money to pay for one.
Clinton scares me... I don't know why. *Shrugs*
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

If you ever happen to suddenly come into money, know that you are always welcome in my corner of the world! ;) I have cabins and kangaroos!

Honestly, they both terrified me, from what I followed over here in Oz... You all seemed a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place. :?
I couldn't have voted for Trump only because excessive racism always sits at little too closely to early nazi propaganda for me, and he has that in spades (along with a few other notable -isms). I think though, financially speaking, he could possibly be a good pick.

I suppose we'll just wait and see now, though! :lol:
Although he hasn't been good for my exchange rates so far. AU$ was finally starting to climb again, and then it sinks like a rock... *sigh*
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I'm honestly terrified right now, with Trump winning. As a woman and as a member of the LGBTQIA+ group, my life, if he proceeds with his promises, is going to become much harder than it already was.

I was half joking with friends this summer, when his campaign picked up speed, that if he won, I was going to be moving out of the country.

I'm not longer half joking about, and have already started looking into Canada, simply because it's closest.

Guess it's a good thing I finally decided to go full time at work, this will give me more hours and thus, more money, just in case.

Now, off to work, and try to hold it together, because I'm not out at work, and I'm honestly terrified for my life at the moment.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Stay safe, everyone.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

From what I heard, Canada wont even take Americans. There was a website that had to shut down because so many people were searching how to get residency in Canada. it's really scary. We need to impeach him if he does become president. if there is enough people putting up a fight it will happen. I'm just scared that war will erupt no matter what if Trump is elected, Either Civil (Race) or world (Russia, etc.). I dont like either candidate. I much rather would have had Bernie. :( #TheOneThatGotAway

Just really scary. I might take you up on the offer Cosmic <3 lol
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Oh Lv, please be safe! No-one should have the right to make you feel like that. *tries to send major luck and safety and positive vibes*
RikkuGirl wrote:Just really scary. I might take you up on the offer Cosmic <3 lol
I literally have room for 17 people at my place.
I will feed you, you just have to get here.
... I love you all. <3
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

CosmicDragon wrote:Oh Lv, please be safe! No-one should have the right to make you feel like that. *tries to send major luck and safety and positive vibes*
RikkuGirl wrote:Just really scary. I might take you up on the offer Cosmic <3 lol
I literally have room for 17 people at my place.
I will feed you, you just have to get here.
... I love you all. <3

*snuggles* Have calmed down a bit, yay for anti-anxiety drugs! Still a bit shaky, but we've got 2 months roughly before things can start hitting the fan.

I'm planning on finding a self-defense course I can take during that time frame >>
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Trump as president is incredibly and legitimately scary. Americans - and the rest of the world - are in for a rough 4 years.

Count me in as another person no longer feeling safe in my country. The sheer racism and sexism in this election floored me. I had no idea that so many of my fellow Americans hated me so much.

Not feeling good right now.

EDIT: Took out a lot of the political stuff. This isn't an appropriate place for it.
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

I would love to go to Australia, but there are giant critters there that scare me. 0_0
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

I think the one thing that everyone should keep in mind is that rhetoric is one thing. What he'll actually be able to accomplish is another. He does have to work with Congress to get things done. He can only do so much with executive power. Let's hope he chooses a good cabinet and that Pence keeps him grounded.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Pence keep him grounded? Pence is a religious fanatic who openly advocates for shock therapy and gender reassignment treatments for the LGBTQ community.

The only reason I'm not hoping Trump will be indicted is that Pence would become president and that man scares me even more than Trump. Trump talks big but I honestly don't know how much of Trump's rhetoric he actually means verse how much he is saying because he knew voters wanted to hear it. Pence on the other hand has drunk the Kool-Aid.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage