Really bad changes to Photobucket ToS

Talk about anything you want here.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Really bad changes to Photobucket ToS

Post by Jaes »

So Photobucket is changing their ToS and yikes. It's awful. You'll no longer be able to link to third-party sites unless you pay for the $399 plan. I have a lot of my sams stuff on there that I'm now going to move somewhere else.
Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits
Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
  • o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.
    o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.
    o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.
Just a heads up!
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Re: Really bad changes to Photobucket ToS

Post by FoxyJhai »

Ok wait, so we won't be able to use photobucket images on other sites (like here or PI)? Is that what this means?
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

That's my understanding, yes!

Which suckssssss! :evil: :evil: :evil: So much sam stuff saved on there!
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Wow! That sucks. I have tons of stuff on there... I guess I will be moving everything to another site. Any suggestions?
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

I didn't much care for phitobucket to begin with, but an image hosting site charging $400 for image hosting? lol I don't think so

I've been using imgur myself, highly recommend it :3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Unfortunately I wasn't too surprised when PB pulled this nasty stunt D:

The most common alternative I've heard is Imgur! And if anyone wants a place for their Samanayr-related I can host it on the samanayrs.com site for you, just send me a PM!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

Got an Imgur question for people who use it!

I uploaded my sam headshots and am now trying to update the images in my signature. When I replace the photobucket image links with imgur ones, I get this message:

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

??? These are all 50x50... haven't changed them at all. I'm not sure why/how imgur isn't capturing their size?

Help!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

Jaes wrote:Got an Imgur question for people who use it!

I uploaded my sam headshots and am now trying to update the images in my signature. When I replace the photobucket image links with imgur ones, I get this message:

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

??? These are all 50x50... haven't changed them at all. I'm not sure why/how imgur isn't capturing their size?

Help!
Derp derp, solved my own problem. Image has a field called IMAGE LINK - this field is not actually a link to the image, but rather a link to the page where the image is. Super badly designed!

I'll leave this post up in case anyone else gets stuck!