Breedings or gift-giving prep?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.

What should I do in November?

Breeding season!
20%
Gifts for December!
35%
Both (on a smaller scale)!
45%

Total votes: 20

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Re: Breedings or gift-giving prep?

Post by Orasteele »

Janalee, I think that is a fabulous idea!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Janalee, that is almost exactly what I was thinking! So glad someone figured out how to express it clearly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I like how you said open and less popular songs, Janalee, the idea is cool, and plus, people would be getting foals, and that is definitely adorable. I'm still slightly confused but that's because I'm not in the right state of mind to comprehend things right now, so!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I like janalee's suggestion myself.... But maybe do an event that is ONLY from open or volunteered songs (With full permissions given before hand)... which gives some dusty songs a chance to be reborn and adored?

That way we all win.

-Songs that havent had love lately can get love and be reborn (including some of the older sams)

-Those who want to see babies born of their songs that they dont particularly have plans for (With volunteered sams) but want to see what would come of the pair can be made and given to brighten another's holiday

-And those who have set plans dont have to be scared of their sams being used?

Also allows those without sams to possibly get their first baby and sam at the same time!

I guess my suggestion was more for the fact of GIVING than receiving... since that IS what the season is about. I personally, if I got gifted, i wouldnt mind where the baby come from (Which was why i suggested RANDOM pairs - open songs and volunteered songs).. Its the surprise of seeing what you get that should make it exciting.. and knowing that someone was thinking of you and tried hard to get you what they got (Randomly chosen for fairness of course)

I didnt mean for this to be so.. heated.. >_>;
I feel this suggestion has caused more anguish than intended... If I could withdraw it I would since people seem to be more upset and confused than excited... :/
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Aw, don't feel badly for suggesting a fun idea Rikku! I don't think anyone was really getting 'heated' over it- I think there was just vast confusion over how it would work practically. That's why I tried to describe (quite ramblingly, sorry!) the absolute simplest way of implementing your idea-a way that means people basically just act like normal, and baby Sam gifts come out in the end. ^^ I doubt people would be discussing the idea so much if there wasn't something to it that they liked!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Thanks Janalee... ^^ <33 that makes me feel much better. I just wanted the fun of babies as gifts... thats all really... lol
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

This got a lot more complicated than I was thinking XD; When I thought of gift breedings I thought everyone would submit their breeding forms (from open Songs or Sams they own/already have permission for) via PM with a list of say three people they want to gift a Sam to, and if someone submitted the same pair as someone else I would PM them asking if they wanted to pick a new pair or stick with luck of the draw. Basically a regular breeding season except that it would all be done by PM and the person who submitted the form would be gifting the foal(s) to someone else.

Buuuuut looking at the poll it does seem like a breeding season is the less popular option of the three. With gift prep and a mix of both neck and neck I'm leaning towards doing a bit of both at the moment. I'm not going to have the time (or energy!) to do as many gifts as usual but I'd still like to do something.. For breedings I was thinking of having a mini season with half the number of slots available as usual, or a breeding draw, starting when I'm finished with the customs and Frankensams.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

It's so nice to see the forum active again. Though I have been scarce myself. I think that a little of both would be nice.
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

This all sounds so cool and exciting. *dance in a circle* @.@; too dizzy!