Name generators!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Name generators!

Post by Jaes »

Looking for a sam name? Maybe this'll help: Samanayr Name Generator!

I know that naming sams can be a difficult task and I wanted to get some practice with Javascript so I built a name generator. And with a bonus, you can also generate aquatic names and misery names!

I might go back to tweak the code, but as of right now, the sam name generator pulls words from four different categories so that each name will (or at least should) have a nature-related term in it. So hopefully they'll make more sense then a completely random generator. Can I just say that this was so, so hard for me to figure out. I shoved my code at so many different people. But finally the code untangled and the generator works. I'm just glad I finished it before the foals arrived. I hope you guys have fun playing in it!
Last edited by Jaes on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Re: Name generators!

Post by amazondreamer »

Okay now that is just too cool! I've been playing with it and I keep coming up with awesome custom designs based on the names! Very awesome, and impressive! I don't know the first thing about coding so its all magic to me XD
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Ooh that's awesome, and so much nicer than the old generator XD Thanks so much for coding it!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

The original generator was great. I used to play around with it and dream up sams. But I'm glad this one is fun! I actually had a pretty good time come up with words. I trolled through the sam database stealing names and scoured thesauruses, and I was listening to a podcast on HP Lovecraft while compiling words, so some horror/fantasy words come from his stories.

I cleaned up some of the code and split up the word groups some more, so the names should make a little more sense now. Hopefully.

If anyone runs into any errors or how any questions/comments, let me know!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I love this, Jaes, and I am in awe of your coding prowess :D I will definitely be using this in the future!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3