What events would you like?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

What events would you like?

Post by Sushidragon »

I have a few things planned and a couple of my lovely volunteers will be running events as well, but I'm wondering if there's any particular events you'd like to see for the Festival (and beyond!). Something new? An old favorite that you'd like to see return? I'd love to hear any suggestions :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: What events would you like?

Post by Jennalyn »

I'm really fond of the map-grid scavenger hunts where you pick a cell and can unearth nothing or items/Sams/etc. I feel like it's a simple, fun event to participate in over the course of a few hours and it lets lots of people in on the action. It's also totally random!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Ooh, I was just going to do a regular random draw but that would be fun, haven't done a pick-a-door-type-thing in a while :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Cooking contests! I love these (and so does the family XD) they're a good inspiration to do something more creative with food.
Another expedition or RP would also be fun.

Some other suggestions:
- Point gathering mini games
- Doodle drawing draw, where you start with a random scribble line and draw something from there. Winner can be determined randomly or based on how creative you were with the line.
- Guess the Samanary from part of the image, this was really fun the last time we did it
- Pictionary (I'd be happy to run this again if you want, or any other event)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

I would love to see more events...I was really happy to be made a volunteer, but I haven't had a chance to help out yet! XD

Hmm.... another expedition would be really fun... or maybe another writing contest of some sort? Or poetry? :D cooking contests are fun, but I'm at school until May, darn it. XD

I do love designing events too...of any kind... XD
Signature under construction!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

How about a match the color game. Sushi picks like 3 colors and have to take a pic of something in real that is or as close to that color. Then all can vote on who did the best. Just an idea or mabe a different kind of scavenger hunt...
umm.... will keep thinking =)
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

silvermoondragon wrote:Cooking contests! I love these (and so does the family XD) they're a good inspiration to do something more creative with food.
Another expedition or RP would also be fun.

Some other suggestions:
- Point gathering mini games
- Doodle drawing draw, where you start with a random scribble line and draw something from there. Winner can be determined randomly or based on how creative you were with the line.
- Guess the Samanary from part of the image, this was really fun the last time we did it
- Pictionary (I'd be happy to run this again if you want, or any other event)
Oh yes, I loooove the cooking contests!

Along that vein, if not food, it could always be some sort of non-edible handmade Sam item following a theme. (Art, sculpture, sewn/stitched, beads, whatever works.) You may want to give a few weeks for something like this, though...
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

I would really love to do a "Where in the World" type game using the Roaming Gnome sam. I think that'd be so much fun. I always loved the Carmen San Diego games when I was younger, and that would be the basis for this game.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

All these suggestions sound awesome!

I'd love more opportunities to roleplay, myself. Seeing the sams interact is so much fun.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Species or trait creation. :3 I got ideas.... lol
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I love all the suggestions already, but I would totally love an Expedition (RP) because that means I get to overlord- I mean help make awesome times for people >3>

But Roleplays, Photo anything (XD), anything art related (drawing is alllways fun). I enjoyed that one Expeditions/game (I don't know what it was exactly X'D) that was picking out a box (A5, D1 etc). But like I said, everything is awesome XD.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage