Which traits does my Sam have?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Re: Which traits does my Sam have?

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

...help ;A;
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Wyvern (Bone Wings), Solid Eyes, Ignis (Spectral?), Spectral Tail Wings (Tentacles), Biped, Tufted Tail, Hooked Snout, Spikes, Head Wings (Faery?) Multiple Horns, Hairless, Double Wings (Faery?)

Yeah sorry that's all I got. XD
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Faery headwings definitely, and the big wings might just be normal Faery wings, since faery wings tend to look like there're two of them XD

the Spectral ignis I have no idea XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Keep in mind some of that is feather-tufted ears. She got that from the modiems. ;D

I think I'll wait on Sushi's ruling before entering her in the DB if you don't mind. xD
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Looks like Spectral Ignis, Wyvern (bone), Biped, Solid Eyes, Spectral Tail Wings (Tentacle), Combination Wings (Faery x Feathered?), Tufted Tail, Feather-tufted Ears, Hooked Snout, Multiple Horns, Spikes, Hairless

Probably Head Wings (Faery) and Tentacles too!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

I don't mind, I was just trying to be helpful!
Signature under construction!
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Post by Yildun »

I'm sure I'm missing something. Here's what I'm assuming so far.

Tuftless, Feathered Wyvern Wings, Hooks, Combination Tail (Feathered x Prehensile), Talons, Feather Mane, Guest Artist (Janalee)

I think the wings have hooks, but her feet look more like talons. Also, not sure if she has scales on the back end, and I don't know if her tail is truly prehensile. Since she's an Aboreal, I thought that was likely. She may also be a prehistoric mimic, but I'm not a 100% certain of that. :D

Her "fur" may also be feathers... So a Feather Coat? I wasn't sure. :O
Image Pony Island Image `'..'` Image Image `'..'` Image Dragon Cave Image
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Ah, Scaling, the Sam of a thousand traits... XD Here's the complete list!

Earless, Hooks, Long Hooves, Triple Hooves, Opposable Claws, Feather Crest, Tuftless, Scaled Skin, Feather Coat, Mini, Combination Tail (Draconic x Feathered), Wyvern (Vestigial Feathered), Animal Mimic (Scansoriopteryx), Guest Artist
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Yildun »

Janalee wrote:Ah, Scaling, the Sam of a thousand traits... XD Here's the complete list!

Earless, Hooks, Long Hooves, Triple Hooves, Opposable Claws, Feather Crest, Tuftless, Scaled Skin, Feather Coat, Mini, Combination Tail (Draconic x Feathered), Wyvern (Vestigial Feathered), Animal Mimic (Scansoriopteryx), Guest Artist
Thank you! Oh wow, yes. She does have a lot. She should be a lot of fun at breeding time. XD

Although, I wouldn't have guessed the Long Hooves and Triple Hooves. I guess that's just a modifier for the Hooks. XD
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

From what I can tell, she has all the Chikyr traits - Armor, Clawed Paws, Body Spines, Draconic Tail, Opposable Claws, Belly Plate, Hairless, Scaled Skin, Spine Tufts (Pretty sure that's what's on her back legs. ^^) Plus the traits of Multiple Horns, Hooked Snout, Ignis and Faery Wings.
But I'm not 100% sure that is what's on her back legs, and it's quite possible I've missed something or given her something she shouldn't have. XD
Also, fffffffsushi, that name, hits all my hnnng buttons. o3o
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Yildun »

Sorry to be a pain, Sushi. I should have clarified this ages ago. :O (Also, thank you so much for updating Guardian with Lock. <3)

I'm certain about most of their traits, but I have questions about two. Does Guardian have the normal Sam hooves under her full tufts, or does she have paws? If the latter is the case, does Keeper have hooves or paws? Also, do they both have Leonine Manes? I put Maneless, but I never really noticed on Guardian before. I realize it may just be fur, but I don't know when that distinction is made.
Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Realized I never found out the traits for this handsome boy:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oh my, I'm sorry I'm so behind on this O_O I think I'm going to go with my plan of posting the traits when each Samanayr is presented to their new owner to keep things simpler for everyone

@Jaes - Her traits in the database are correct although she also has Reduced Foot Tufts, so I added those in for you.

@Puuka - Ennui's traits are in the database correctly!

@SilverDapples - Ride does have Upright Ears and Reduced Tufts, I updated her info in the database.

@Nova Night - Talon's traits in the database correctly!

@ElvenArcher - Joy's traits in the database correctly!

@Bluestarwolf12 - Okay, let's do this XD Solid Eyes, Hooked Snout, Feather Tufted Ears, Multiple Horns, Spectral Ignis, Faery Wings, Head Wings (Faery), Biped, Hooks, Wyvern (Bone), Spectral Tail Wings (Tentacle), Tufted Tail.. I think that's everything! I've updated her traits in the database.

@CosmicDragon - She has: Armor, Clawed Paws, Body Spines, Draconic Tail, Opposable Claws, Belly Plate, Hairless, Armored Skin, Spine Tufts, Multiple Horns, Hooked Snout, Ignis, Faery Wings :D Armored Skin is a trait currently unique to Chikyrs, it's a full-body covering of hard scales that are larger than those on Scaled Skin, and much harder.

@ElvenArcher - Good question, since she's a dog mimic she'd have paws under there XD Keeper has paws as well. They're both maneless but their face fluff comes from the Fluffy trait :D I updated both of them for you!

@Echos - He has: Hooked Snout, Large Ears, Furred Antennae, Florae, Giant Wings (Feathered), Talons, Leonine Mane, Combination Tail (Phoenix x Fan), Mini. His anntenae are actually dandelions due to the Florae XD I've updated him with his traits!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Yildun
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Yildun »

Thank you! :D
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

My little one here Honor I was wondering if she has any other traits then the ones that I picked? which where the multi-horn and kirin scales.

HELP?!

Also Not sure how to put her into the database correctly with the right pics so any info on that would be great. THANK YOUSA for your time and no rush. ^_^
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

@Codress - It looks like Honor also has Fin Ears, Fins, and Finned Tail, though Sushi can confirm that when she has time. ^^ And I added her to the database for you! I usually just try to find a Sam with a similar ID that's in the database already, and then copy and paste all the image locations, changing the ID number to the Sam you're trying to enter. :D The notes underneath each entry line in the database really just walk you through the rest! The only thing to really pay attention to is the difference between the Image URL, which is for the watermarked image, and the Page URL, which is usually the certed image. Hope that helps a little bit!

And while I'm here...how poorly did I do guessing Pursuer of Bygone Skies' traits? :D

Traits: Earless, Pure Black Eyes, Talons, Hairless, Fangs, Animal Mimic (Dimorphodon), Draconic Tail, Wyvern (Draconic), Wyvern (Vestigial Draconic)
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

@janalee~ ty ty i will keep that in mind for next sam. Ty ty Just to say I love that sam very neat and different looking! Congrats ^_^

Think your right janalee but wanted to make sure. Lol better safe then sorry right?! ^_^
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

I really want to get these two in the database, but I need to know their traits first. :)

and my lovely Haze

LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Misery: Back Mane, Butterfly Wings, Extensive Foot Tufts (I think), Body Spines, Multiple Horns, Otter Tail, Pudgy (maybe?), Velveted Fur (maybe?), Leonine Mane

Haze: Feather Mane, Solid Eyes, Tufted Tail, Feather-tipped Ears, Scales (possibly Kirin ones?), Ankle Wings/Wyvern (not too sure which!), Spikes

I think I got them all, but not 100% sure on some of them XD
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery

Post by tierasa »

Thanks, LV. I couldn't even have begun to hazard a guess. I think Haze does have the kirin scales, and Sushi has told me she's a wind elemental. Not sure about Misery's element. Thanks again.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Water would be my guess! Or air >>

*pokes are her magical sams* Yeah, guessing one of those two. Blue-white makes me think air, but her "fathers" were an ice misery and a naquatic, so dunno exactly!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Codress - Janalee got it right! And I need to update some of the notes in the 'add a Sam' form because there's references to Photobucket and such XD

@Janalee - Besides that he also Ankle Wings (Draconic) (although they're a bit more like knee wings?) and has a Beak or Hooked Snout, whichever you think would be more appropriate XD

@tierasa - Misery is an Air Misery, and LvSoulFriend got the traits correct except that she doesn't have Pudgy :D She got Haze right too, those wings on her forelegs are Wyvern (Feathered) and she has Kirin Scales.

Thanks LV!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery

Post by tierasa »

@Sushidragon, Thank you very much. I've finally gotten them in the database. Hopefully I did that right. Hehe
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Help! :D I wanna know everything! xD *wiggles*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Still need to name this guy XD

What does he have for traits? Besides Antlers, Fangs, Pure Black Eyes, Maneless, and Bob Tail XD

And adding Ashes in!

Guessing Large Ears, Large Hooves, Tufted Tail, Reduced Foot Tufts, and Leonine Mane!
Last edited by LvSoulFriend on Tue May 12, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.