Searching out a Potential RP

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Searching out a Potential RP

Post by Jennalyn »

I have a bit of a 'problem child'. Unfortunately, she's also the strongest and most clearly defined Sam-muse I have out of them all and I'd really like to play her.

Misery despises the concept of Miseries and Sa'kriens. As well as hating many other things. She has serious self-esteem and self-loathing issues that she'll probably never be able to work through properly. She's a very hateful person in general and she's definitely not one to engage in species camaraderie.

She has a very complicated mental hate-love relationship with Mystics that stems from being raised by her mother's Song, which is composed entirely of Mystics. She despises them for their perceived purity and inherent goodness, the respect and admiration that they gain from others simply by existing, and the automatic acceptance that they receive wherever they go. At the same time, she does believe in their inherent goodness and superiority, as well as believing that Miseries are abominations upon the land that should never have existed in the first place. She resents that they were born 'good' and she was born 'wrong' and that there's nothing she can do to change this. She believes it far too strongly to ever try.

You see where the self-hate comes in? Blargle. She's a very complicated muse. And yet so much fun.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in playing with her? And not just turning up and chatting, being snarled at, etc. I'd love to come up with an interesting reason for their meeting, something that requires them to interact for a period of time rather than just her getting fed up and leaving, which she's very prone to doing. Working with an antisocial, hateful muse can be tricky and might need a little bit of planning.

I'd only like to have one active thread with her for the sake of my actually keeping up with it and holding muse. If someone else posts interest before you, please feel free to likewise post and we'll talk stuff out. This definitely isn't a first-come sort of thing.

Also, I'm not necessarily looking for a stallion to play with her. I certainly won't mind a stallion, but I also won't mind a mare. Or a couple. Or a parent and child. Whatever floats your boat. She's so screwed up, I have no idea the sort of stallion she would eventually accept to settle with, but I have a feeling it's a long way in the offing and not something I'll have to worry about for a little while.

Sooooo... anybody interested in playing with a less-than-fluffy muse? She'll never 'turn nice', likely never accept herself beyond an uneasy mental truce someday in the future, and she's chock full of prejudices.
zeigfreid
Yearling
Yearling
Favorite Sam species: Elemental

Re: Searching out a Potential RP

Post by zeigfreid »

Hi

Where can your Misery usually be found? Her name has that Jungle thing going on, so perhaps that's it? I have just two sams, one is Sol and the other is a Northern Aquatic. Sol often returns to a crater that is now overgrown by jungle plants, so if Misery's usual stomping ground is jungles she could encounter Sol in or around that crater.

I introduced Sol in thisRP, but it hasn't really gone anywhere yet. At the time I intended to participate in one RP at a time, but now I feel like it would be better to try and do a few at a time. I intend to post as often as there are replies.

I know what you mean about not wanting to roleplay two sams just kind of bumping into each other. You want to make a plan and tell a story, and that's what I want to do to. I support this!

z.