The Foal's Tale - 500th Sam RP! Concluded!

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

The Foal's Tale - 500th Sam RP! Concluded!

Post by Sushidragon »

Like the last group RP, this is going to be a fairly slow-paced RP - I expect it'll take a few days to get through, and I'll try to make at least one post per day to keep things moving. Don't worry if you can't post every day!

I do request that each person just make one post between my posts, but you're welcome to go back and edit.

You also don't need to type out the Samanayr accent - I'm not, since it saves some time XD

Please also take the time to read the general RP rules:

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=707

At the end of the RP, the 500th Samanayr will be given away to a participant. Good luck to everyone!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: The Foal's Tale - 500th Sam RP!

Post by Sushidragon »

The last days of the Festival of New Spring were just as busy and vibrant as the first. Although the sky was covered with thick white clouds, the air was warm and filled with the green and growing scents of spring.

In the large gathering clearing at the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings, a dance was in full swing. A small group of Samanayrs sang the tune while several of their number drummed on a small hallow log, striking the beat of the song. Dancers whirled and twirled about them, dancing alone, in pairs, or in groups, laughing and trying to keep up as the pace of the beat increased.

In a corner of the clearing, several foals were settled down in grass so tall that it was almost entirely above their heads, already too tired to dance anymore. They had tramped down an area large enough for them to sprawl comfortably within sight of one another. The foals were all from different Songs and had just met for the first time at the Festival, and they were taking delight in sharing stories with each other while they rested.

"...and it was the biggest fish I'd ever seen!" a Lamanayr filly was exclaiming. "It came right out of the water and would have eaten me whole if I hadn't flown away in time!"

A Samanayr colt eyed her the tiny wings folded at her sides. "You can't fly yet, your wings are too small!"

The filly stuck her tongue out at him. "What do you know about flying? You don't even have wings!"

Before a scuffle could ensue, another filly spoke up. "I saw something amazing this morning!" she said loudly, raising her voice to be heard over both of them. "It was magic!"

This got the attention of the group. "A Mystic?" one of them asked.

The pale blue filly shook her head. "No, and not a Misery or an Elemental or anything. It was just a regular Samanayr foal!" She stood up, flapping her tiny wings with excitement. "I was in a field and I saw a foal flying near the trees. When I said hello to it, it suddenly disappeared! It was magic!"

A Desert filly rolled her eyes. "That wasn't magic, it just flew away."

"It didn't just fly away, it disappeared!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

Their conversation degenerated into an argument over the veracity of the filly's story. The general consensus among the other foals seemed to be that as a daughter of the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings she should always tell the truth, and this story seemed a bit much for them to believe.

"We'll tell your dad!" the first Lamanayr filly finally shouted, leaping up and running towards the dance. The others hesitated a moment before following her, bored of laying down in the grass anyway.

"It's TRUE!" the blue filly shrieked after them, loud enough to attract the attention of the dancers closest to them. "It's true and I'll prove it!" With a fierce snort, the filly also got to her feet and glared at the retreating foals. She'd find the foal she'd seen earlier that day, bring it back, and make it do its trick, and then they'd have to believe her!

The tiny feathers and silky hair of her short tail bristling with indignation, the filly looked around furtively. She wasn't supposed to leave the clearing, but surely nobody would notice if she was just gone for a few minutes. Ducking her head down, she started to head towards the trees that bordered this side of the clearing.
Image Image

Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

As a mate of the first son of the Song of the Rainbow, Affinity enjoyed attending large gatherings with Tone's family. There were always so many Songs in attendance, ranging from the furthest shores to the innermost deserts, and even the barren northern tundra. She'd seen her first Elemental at a festival like this one, and her first foal had her naming ceremony under the eyes of her grandsire's Song. They had all sung for her Serenity that evening.

The Kirin mare remained lost in her memories while the dancers whirled in front of her, swaying to the beat of the singers and the drums. Feeling all of the euphoria around her, the excitement and happiness and contentment, with only minimal negative thoughts flitting on the surface, it was almost like a high for the senses.

That was, until a sudden spike of upset dragged her attention to a collection of foals running past her. She blinked dark eyes and watched them go, wondering what had suddenly upset the young things. Another foal, from the feel of their thoughts. A liar? From the Song of the Rainbow? Their thoughts were young and jumbled, jumping from this to that, and she had a hard time deciphering them in the mass of minds pressing in on hers.

After they passed, her eyes followed their path back to its source just in time to see a tiny flash of blue disappear beneath the grasses.

What...?

Standing with the suddenly protective instinct of a mother, Affinity rose and began walking in the direction of the youngling. She wouldn't interfere, but the turmoil in the minds of the other foals had her worried. What on earth was going on? She tried to catch the eye of another adult nearby to judge whether or not the situation merited direct attention.
Raenia
Silence of Uncertain Cause

Post by Raenia »

Vision had enjoyed the dancing at the beginning of the evening, but it was rapidly becoming less novel and more like work. Not that it wasn't good exercise, but he could get that running through his beloved forests and not in this loud, crowded clearing. Backing away from the dancers, he caught a worried glance from a Kirin mare. Concerned, he walked over to see what was wrong.

"Is something amiss?" he asked the mare, glancing around to see what had caused her worry. There were a number of foals who looked upset, but they were foals. Surely it had to do with whatever game they were playing. Vision didn't pretend to know anything about foals.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Vibrance wheezed with laughter as she sat down with a hard thump in the grass. Her small wings beat furiously, fanning her hot, panting self as chortled at the edge of the dance. "Pfft. Lazy Lams!" She teasingly chided a pair of Lamanayr that sat nearby 'neath a shady tree and regarded the obviously overheated mare with some amusement. "A festival is foyr dancing! Move those feet!" She tried to stand up and lead by example ... but wobbled and collapsed. She snickered loudly. "Then again ... perhaps a breatheyr is in ordeyr. And then some refyreshments. Yes."

The pudgy bright mare waved a hoof at the duo under the tree, who by now were shaking their heads and laughing at her antics. "I'll be coming foyr you two next! Afteyr a drink. And something to nibble.... mmmm...." Vibrance glanced around the hotspring, hoping to set eyes on a source of food and drink to raid.

((Bwahaha - please forgive my probably butchering of the Sam accent. I tried, but I have a feeling I was putting everything in the wrong places. XD))
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Sitting amongst the new life of the springs, the small colt listened to the badgering of the others. He chuckled under his breath as a tongue was shown to another.

“Ya, lets tell dad!” he said as he stood with the others, his little legs shuffling back and forth as he waddled after the others. His eyes shifted though as he realized his sister had taken an alternative route. He let the others run ahead, his little legs retreating the other way. He stalked up to her as she neared the trees.

“Where are you going?” he whispered to the small blue filly, her demeanor was sneaky. “I want to go…Ill protect you” He said as he mimicked her motions. Knowing full well he could protect nothing yet, he still thought it best to have an excuse to get into trouble.

Mom was not in his general vicinity, which meant he was free to do as he pleased. His small tail swished back and forth as he became excited for an adventure away from grown ups, IF he was allowed to go.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Misery watched from the shadows, content on remaining where he was. There were many new Samanayr-kin here, many that he had not met. Not wanting to create any animosity or bad feelings, not wanting to disturb the happiness and joy that surrounded all in the clearing, he kept to his shady spot. Not many could see him here, seeing as he had chosen to rest in a large tree, above the heads of most. He kept his wings neatly folded, hiding the mane that ran down his back.

He'd been one of the early guests here, and had taken the opportunity to gather food that would last him through the day. Now, overhearing a conversation from a pudgy mare, his smile grew mischievous. Eying the food still nestled between his hooves, he carefully picked out a plump strawberry, and, with a soft chuckle, launched it in her direction. He aimed for the spot right in front of her.

((Now, what shall Vibrance do with the flying strawberry?))

((Fan's daughter is just too cute! *squees*))
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

After joining her new song, she was able to come to just the last few days of the Festival.
Gem sat down, watching the foals tell their stories and listening to the beat of the music. She swayed along with it as she sat, her eyes closed in contentment for a few moments. The warm air and the lush grass brushing across her ankles was beginning to make her somewhat drowsy. With her closed eyes she listened to the foal's bickering, then a shriek of annoyance. She blinked her eyes opened again and noticed the little blue filly gone. Snorting with confusion, she stood back up and looked around. Noticing a small bit of blue disappearing into the brush. She curiously walked over and noticed a kirin mare. Maneuvering to the other side, away from the others, she watched the bush and then looked around to see if alot of sams had noticed. She tilted her head in curiousity.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Drift of the Swaying Tide had been sitting quietly near, but not quite next to another member of the Song she had just recently joined, Gem. She couldn't remember exactly who's idea it had been to come, but she figured it had some relevence to Gyre having a relative in the Song of the Rainbow. Parties had never really been her thing, but Drift knew she'd be fine so long as no one made her dance. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Gem get up. Turning her head to see the mare better, Drift noticed the look of... Was that confusion, curiosity, or both?... on her face as she stared intently at a bush. Now rather curious herself, Drift made her way over to where Gem was now standing. "Is... Something wrong?" she asked, glancing at the bush before returning her gaze to her Songmate.
Last edited by Bluestarwolf12 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekyrem
Super Spiffy Awesome
Super Spiffy Awesome

Post by Rekyrem »

In his humble opinion, it was a lovely day. Most days were lovely! This day, though, was a little topsy-turvy, what with all the spinning. Lots of spinning and dancing and leaping! It was great fun. The air was warm and smelled like earth and grass. Spring Festival, indeed! He always loved the spring festivals, especially when they were as springy as this. It was positively delightful.

Gaze of the Hypnotic Skies was, in fact, gazing up at the skies in a hypnotized way. He was so very dizzy from dancing that he figured he ought to take a break, and had settled down in the grass. The clouds were very poofy today, he noted, and they were covering the whole sky. Hopefully they'd stay white and wouldn't rain on them. Well... He really wouldn't care. The smell of rain was a nice one, and rain brought more flowers! It would make the Festival even more springy, then, wouldn't it? Well, it would be alright if the clouds did rain, he decided.

Then, he heard the little filly's shriek. Oh, something was definitely topsy-turvy there! And she was leaving! Gaze couldn't keep his curiosity at bay, and got up and waddled dizzily after the little dear thing, and her brown foal companion. He did try his best to be sneaky.

"My, my!" he said to her, "Whyat is the matteyr? Are we going on an advyenture?" There was a goofy grin on his face.
perryunicornboy
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by perryunicornboy »

Prism was sitting under the tree looking very annoyed. He had no song..no mares to dance with. He growled to himself a bit when he heard quite the commotion coming from over where some foals were. He growled a little and got up seeing the to young ones walking off by themselves. He carefully followed after them wondering where they could be going at such a young age. His cardinal, which had been asleep perching on his antlers again, followed him now.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((I couldn't decide who to bring...so I hope no one minds if three of mine show up... It was just going to be Bloom and Scrap, but how could I leave Gyre behind when two of his mares are already here? :lol:

Bloom is the spotted desert mare, Scrap is the calico Sa'grisayr, and Gyre is the striped fellow with the pet catgryph.

And I see we've found the last Song of the Rainbow foal now! She's cute! ))

Image Image Image

Right in the thick of things, gyrating wildly in a little space she had cleared by the sheer wild randomness of her dancing, a coppery mare danced her heart out. Every now and then her wings swept out and lifted her briefly into the air before she returned to the ground to resume a more normal style of dance. Or...at least what passed for normal with Bloom. But eventually even her seemingly endless supply of energy began to run out, and the Song's lead mare reluctantly retired from the dance floor for the moment. With one last surge of energy she flung herself skywards and looped around several times before gliding over to the edge of the clearing and landing with a dull thump on the grass where she promptly collapse into a sitting position, panting slightly. "Oh, this is such fun! I don't know why Glint doesn't do this moyre often. He yreally should. I should tell him that. Shou-"

The mare cut off abruptly as she realized that the someone she had been talking to...wasn't there. "Now wheyre did he go? I know I saw him eayrlieyr. With the otheyr... Oh, hello foals! Have you seen my son?" The small herd of foals had run past her resting place on their way to tell Glint on her Songmate's daughter. Not knowing what they were up to Bloom forced herself back to her feet and ran off after them, hoping they could help her find her misplaced son.

Some distance away a young stallion stood watching the gathering uncertainly. Two of his mares had already ventured out into the clearing, but he remained on the sidelines for the moment. He hadn't been in a crowd this large...ever. Even the rescue mission his aunt had drug him on some time ago, where he had met Gem, hadn't been this large. And certainly not this wild. Somewhere out there he knew aunt Bloom was enjoying herself to the hilt, but watching the party made him edgy and longing for the wilds.

As he tried to work up the nerve to step out there and join half of his Song, they suddenly both turned to look away from the main party. Gyre turned to look the same way, but could see nothing through the trees. Slowly he emerged, walking up behind Gem and Drift. "Is...theyre something oveyre theyre?"

Meanwhile one very late arrival was rapidly flapping her way towards the party that she had found out about almost too late. The Sa'grisayr mare was murmuring to herself as she flew, "But despite the effoyrts of the wicked Miseyry ouyr heyro appyroaches the payrty. She's almost theyre, just a few wingbeats moyre. Wait, what's that? The monsteyr is dyriving a foal out. She stoops to the yrescue!" Having spotted the determined little filly heading off to find her magic foal, Scrap went into a steep dive. But she misjudged her path and clipped her wing on a tree branch, sending her tumbling into a crash landing several feet behind the filly where she lay for a moment, slightly dazed.

((And no, Scrap is not talking about anyone in particular. She just...makes up wild and crazy stories to spice up her life.))
Last edited by Origami_Dragon on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

From the revelry of the samanayrs gathered at the Rainbow Hotspring one would never guess that the Festival of New Spring was reaching its end. For the past week the festivities had carried on as new foals frolicked under the watchful eyes of their parents and everyone enjoyed the start of new year.

With a contented yawn Tone watched as dancers swirled by, tail flicking in time with the merry rhythm of the song. He enjoyed these gatherings, there were always interesting new sams to meet and old acquaintances to rekindle. As a foal he remembered how exciting it was to spend the evenings listening to stories brought by sams from the jungles and the dry deserts. This gathering had the added pleasure of meeting new siblings, including a younger sister who he'd been briefly introduced to before she'd hurried off to play. She'd reminded him of the daughter his beloved Affinity had given him, who'd had her naming ceremony at the hotsprings only a little while ago.

His Affinity, who was just now watching the gathering from her own vantage point, swaying gently in time to he music, a far off look glazing her eyes. He knew how much she liked these gatherings, with all the merry emotions that spilled from the minds of those gathered, and he liked nothing better than seeing his mares happy. So when she suddenly stood, that expression on her face he had come to know so well after Serenity's birth, he hurried to his feet to see what it was that had upset her. "Is something wyrong?" he asked, casting a quick glance at the other stallion who'd approached. Time was he'd be worried about another stallion approaching one of his mares but the last few years had done much to temper his pride and jealousy.
Last edited by Echos on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

Tyger looked up from the sweet grasses he was currently sampling, eager to be on his way back to his mares. He had come for the festival, eager to be a part of the festivities, but now that he had dined and danced to his content, he was ready to be on his way.

Taking a deep breath and enjoying a last glimpse of the dancers enjoying themselves, Tyger moved to start his journey home; before he could though, he caught a glimpse of a small blue behind disappearing behind a tree that edged the clearing, was that a tiny foal or filly leaving the clearing without it's parent?
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

For years, the young Memory had not understood why, exactly, her father had told her to keep her distance from most of the other Samanayrs. He whispered that it wad for her own safety, that they weren't like her. But that didn't seem to hold true - sometimes, when the overprotective Scythe wasn't watching closely, or was paying more attention to one of his Loves, the blue-and-white mare would creep away to watch the others of her species. They laughed and sang and played, they loved, and to her eyes, there was no difference.

The Festival had simply been too much for Memory to ignore, and she'd crept away again to see what it all meant, and maybe even to participate.

Of course, it had only been a few minutes after she'd been seen skulking around in the underbrush that she learned exactly what her father had meant with his words. One look at her blood-red eyes, horns, and claws and she'd quickly been ushered away. Biting back tears, the young Memory had hidden herself once more. No matter how much her feelings had been hurt, she wasn't done yet... Maybe she'd just met someone who had been in a bad mood. When the festivities had gone into a dance, Memory had danced, too, with all the energy and excitement of a foal. That was, of course, until she noticed some actual foals heading in her general direction. Ears flicking back, she crept forward, curiosity bright in her eyes. What were they doing?
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Shade on Golden Velvet lay amongst the cool young grass sheaves abutting the forest, content to simply see all of the action before her. If her daughter were with her, no doubt she'd be out amongst the dancers instead, laughing self-consciously and trying vainly not to feel too embarrassed; remembering those old times, the mare smiled softly to herself and unconsciously tucked even farther into the grass. Maybe it was just as well that Median had a stallion of her own to drag out there now.
      Still, as relieved as she felt just being able relax and enjoy herself, and as much as she told herself not to, Shade couldn't help but feel a touch of sorrow as well- she missed her daughter. She found herself continually turning to watch the gathering of foals, a touch jealous not to be part of their unique little stories and problems. She sighed wistfully as one of the fillies left in a huff, imagining how she would have tried to calm her down if she were hers, when she noticed a Kirin mare looking worried. Shade frowned slightly, not convinced that anything was really the matter with a foal's tiff; as more and more Sams whispered questions about something being wrong though, she started feeling nervous. She raised herself into an awkward crouch, clearly affected by the growing concern, but uncertain if her help would be needed...or if she could really offer any help at all. She just kept hoping that her first instinct was right.
Aranea
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Aranea »

Paean of the Elegant Dagger has spent the last couple years since she left her parents' song flying all over creation, occasionally stopping for a week to take in particular locales before moving on. The main things she's learned on her travels so far is that the wandering life is the one for her, and that mother was right about the importance of being able to defend yourself and your loved ones. Her mother's long hooves have served her well in this respect, as a quick flare and twitch of her dizzying tail and a brandish of her toes is enough to deter almost all the dangers on the open road.

She's just recently left a desert song after hearing about the festival, and is now winging her way over in the hopes of catching at least the tail end of the festivities. Catching a glimpse of some colorful shapes twirling around in a far-off grove, she picks up speed...

((Wow, that first paragraph was kind of cliche-ridden. Ah well.))
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

Determination's favorite Samanayr festival was that of New Spring, for the sole but very important reason that it meant the ice and snow were gone, the ground was moist and fertile, and the heady aroma of dewy, pulverized grass would soon greet her everywhere she ran... and she ran everywhere.

She wasn't running right now, though; a dance had started in the clearing, and one of the musicians had kindly invited her to sit next to him by a hollow drumming log. She rarely sat still long enough to be taught anything complicated, but he patiently reassured her it was easy: she just had to drum her big, solid hooves on the body of the log and voila, music. She slapped her hoof on the log a couple of times to test it; indeed, it rang out with a joyfully bassy 'thump, thump'! This was fun! She immediately began to pound out a tune.

The chickadee that seemed to accompany her just about everywhere sat stolidly on her head, chest and neck feathers fluffed indignantly below his otherwise impassive gaze.

Shortly, the dancing began to subside; dancers and audience alike began disperse, some tiring, and others parting in a couple of different directions... there were some worried looks exchanged, and some seemed to be following after something. Suddenly curious, Determination stopped her drumming, and asked herself - aloud - "I wonder what's going on...?"
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

(( I was debating on who to bring. I was thinking about using my new filly but I think it would be a little far for them to go to get here, especially with a young foal.
I think I'll use Spirit again since I love him so <3 I guess this will just be in between the last RP and the personals thread, since that way he could still be at the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings and be part of the adventure he had.))
      After all the excitement of his previous adventure at the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings and the whisperings of the up and coming Festival of New Spring, Spirit had decided to stick around to join in the festivities.
------------------
      Spirit had quite enjoyed the festival with its many fun filled days, exciting events, and entertainment for all. And now as it wound down to the end, he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed despite the beautiful dancers whirling and twirling and the sounds of singing and drumming floating blissfully through the air. His little dragonet S'qui was enjoying himself thoroughly however, rearing up on his hind legs and spinning happily along with the dancers. Disappointment was a difficult emotion to hold amongst the festivities and he was soon laughing along with the rest at the antics of his pet. A great chorus of laughter could be heard as a particularly skilled dancer came by and S'qui's attempts at imitation landed him onto his rear. The silly little dragonet had no shame and was soon up and at it again dancing gleefully around and in between the dancers hooves. Be careful, he sent to the dragonet hoping he would take heed and move to a safer location.

His attention was caught by a group of foals as their voices rose up above the noises of the festivities. Foals, he sighed, cute and lovable, but they were always getting into trouble. A bunch of other Samanayrs had also noticed the kerfuffle and were moving towards the disturbance. Spirit decided he should check things out as well since he recognized the young filly disappearing into the bushes as one of Glint's daughters. He called out telepathically to S'qui to follow since he didn't want him getting into trouble while he was off investigating. With all the other Samanayrs in the clearing, he hadn't noticed the other Kirin or the familiar Misery hiding in a tree above.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It didn't escape the filly's notice that her stealthy escape had been discovered, a nd she now had company. Resigned, the filly sank down on her haunches with a sigh, giving her brother a gentle headbutt as he passed. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just him who had noticed her, but all of these adults! And Bloom! She would certainly tell Glint and Fan that she had tried to sneak off.

The filly huffed as some of the adults questioned her, impatient to be off. What if the mgaic foal had already flown away, or disappeared for good? "I saw a magic foal in the next field over, and it was flying and when it saw me it disappeared with magic! And I told the other foals and they didn't believe me, and they're going to tell Father I was lying but I'm not, and I'm going to find the foal and bring it here and prove to them I was telling the truth."

A thought occurred to her - surely she couldn't get in trouble for leaving the clearing if she had other adults with her? "You can come with me if you really want," she said boldly, getting to her feet. Despite her bravado, she couldn't quite bring herself to look at the adults.

((I don't have a headshot of the filly, but in the last RP it was very helpful when everyone got into the habit of posting their Sam's headshots with their posts :D ))
Image Image

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Gravel had been sitting at the edge of the clearing, listening to the music with her eyes closed, and smiling slightly to herself at the sound of so many Samanayrs enjoying themselves. The dancing was not for her, of course, she was a relatively solitary and solemn sort of Samanayr, more at home in the forest than anywhere else. But she did enjoy music, and had come to the Festival purely to observe and listen.

Suddenly her eyes popped open as a bit of a commotion ensued not far from where she was sitting. A tiny filly was speaking loudly of a magic foal? Gravel quietly got to her feet and moved over to the edge of the crowd of Samanayrs, her curiosity piqued by this assertion. Perhaps she would follow along and see what this was all about. She was familiar with nature magic, in that her mother was an Earth elemental. But this sounded like something completely different than anything she had encountered before, and she was intrigued despite herself.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

A commotion off to the side drew Misery's attention. Blinking, he noticed several that he knew in the group. There was that Kirin stallion, with his dragonet, and the lead mare of the Rainbow Hotsprings. An amused smile tugged at his lips. Magic foals, that disappeared into thin air? This could prove more interesting than the festival.

Half paying attention to where the pudgy mare still rested, he encouraged the gentle breezes to flow a bit more strongly past him, not feeling like leaving his tree at the moment.
Rekyrem
Super Spiffy Awesome
Super Spiffy Awesome

Post by Rekyrem »

A magical foal, she said! Magic was quite the amazing thing. It was very interesting. Mystics used magic! And those awful Miseries. So did Elementals and those Shifters that changed shape, and the Sharians! Sometimes, Gaze wished he could use magic as well. He couldn't. Instead, he comforted himself in pointing out that it was probably much more fun to gape over magic when you couldn't do it yourself. It would probably get old if he was magic.

He could sympathize with her distress at how no one would listen to her. That was no fun at all! How mean of people, not to believe her... When he was little, he spouted fantastic tales, too. He was pretty sure they were real, but no one else would believe him. Eventually, he learned to call them silly names behind their backs for being so ignorant.

She didn't want to look at any of the adults... Why was that? Oh, that's right. They were adults. Gaze wasn't really much of an adult himself. He was still a foal at heart, and probably would be forever. And as such, the promise of adventure was too good to resist!

"Well, I'll definiteyly come! Advyentures are goods things, yes, yes," he chattered away. "And in case anything big and scary comes, I'm big, too!" He spread his legwings out high and waggled them. If it was supposed to be a threatening display, it wasn't working the way it was supposed to.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

(OOC: Darn you Reky! and your fast posting of the adveture! XP lol I was hoping id post before you got his reply up. lol *fail*)

The small colt received a head butt from his sister, as he neared her side. “Hey! What’d you…” he said, his voice rising a little. He stopped mid sentence and realized his elevated tone and whispered the rest “Go and do that for?”. His face turned sour as he rubbed his tummy with his nose.

“I believe you…” He said trying to give his sister confidence, he didn’t think she was crazy; besides, if he doesn’t believe her… who will? His grumpy face turned into a smirk as he began to forget about the small pain from the head butt. “Lets take him!” he said turning to look back at Gaze, who had stalked up behind them; his position given away by the grass he stepped on. The large stallion asked his sister a very simple question, witch the small colt replied on her behalf. “Its not an adventure… it’s a mission!” He said; his tone as if he was correcting a child.

“My sister is not a liar!” He mimicked her huff as she stood tall and started to walk, her comment "You can come with me if you really want” made him excited. He looked to Gaze once more. “Come on. Now YOU can protect US…” He puffed up his chest and walked by his sister’s side, waiting for her to make the first move.

His eyes traveled back behind him where he saw his mother, Bloom was rushing after the other colts on their way to Glint. His mind rushed with thoughts. "Lets go before my mom sees me..." He whispered under his breath. If she saw him he would surely have to go into time out, or worse... words with dad. He winced at the thought of that and began to grow restless.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Gem turned her ears when she heard more hoofsteps behind her. She glanced back and noticed her songmate and chirped a greeting. She then noticed Gyre and cooed softly also. She listened to their question and frowned, "I noticed one of the foal's missing, and I saw something blue by the bushes. So I came over to investigate." Almost as soon as she said it, she heard the soft voice of the foal. "A magic foal?" Gem chirped, her head tilting slightly. "Sure, I will go with you, and help you find it." She smiled at the foal. "But, what exactly are we looking for? I mean, what does the magic foal look like?"