July - smaller events or full-on breeding season?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.

What would you like to have happen in July?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 am

Breeding season!
84%
Smaller events!
16%

Total votes: 32

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

July - smaller events or full-on breeding season?

Post by Sushidragon »

I didn't know how long it would take us to get settled after the move, but I'm ready to get back to work now! I had a full breeding season last July, so I'm wondering if I should do the same thing again this July or do a series of smaller events. Next month will be the Samanayr birthday celebration, of course :D

Breeding season would probably mean 20 breeding slots available, not first-come first-served. Smaller events would have to do with a series of Sams I'm working on, but if they're not given away this month they'll find homes next month.

The poll is open for a couple of days!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: July - smaller events or full-on breeding season?

Post by Jennalyn »

Fwee, choices! My vote goes for breeding season, since breedings are always my favorites forever, but that's just me. And I'll be just as excited for small events!

Which reminds me that I need to pester one of my 'judge' helpers for the scavenger hunt event. *facepalm*
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

I would love a full-on breeding season! They're always a ton of fun, and I loooove getting babies. @_@
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Must agree...breeding seasons are great fun! Though smaller events would be fine too. Although at the moment it looks like baby making is winning.

Judge having a hard time making up their mind on the hunt entries Jenn? There were lots of good stories in there. I'm sort of glad I wasn't judging, and not just because I wouldn't have been able to enter if I had been.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Post by Math »

Smaller events. And maybe some custom slots? ;)

I don't tend to have much luck in the breeding seasons, and I like to have some things to work on so small events for me. :) (though I doubt it'll happen with the breeding season getting all the votes)
ImageImage
melomar
Integrated
Integrated
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by melomar »

Well, my vote was for breeding season. I have yet to have a successful breeding (in two or three years now, I've lost count?) but it has to happen sooner or later, right? ^^; <3 And since the smaller event sams will find homes sooner or later, I'm looking forward to both taking place. I'm not being greedy or anything. xD <3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Looks like breeding season won by a fair margin, so breedings it is :D Everything should be set up tomorrow or the day after, so now's the time to get figuring out which pairs you'd like to apply with!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Zugara
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Zugara »

xD I was hoping for smaller events (just because I lack Smas to breed xD). Oh well~ <3
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Zugara, you can use any pair from an Open Song to breed with. <3 They're Open specifically for other owners, whether they have Sams yet or not, to use. It's loads of fun and a great way to get different traits and species!

Try searching the Song section of the database for any marked 'Open' or 'Semi-Open'. :D

http://samanayrs.net/database.php
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Yes, plenty of folks have gotten first Sams from breeding seasons I think. And if you find a pair of Sams you like that aren't in an Open Song, a lot of times the Closed Songs just want to keep track of who's breeding with them and the owners will often happily grant permission to breed if asked.

No ownership of any Sams or items is required to breed! No fees either, just find a Song with Sams you like and fill out the form once Sushi officially opens breeding season!

Oh, and this page is also good to read and find out how Sam breeding works. And we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have as well. It does seem a bit confusing at first; I know it did the first time I entered a breeding season and I was rereading that page multiple times and hoping I had it right.

http://www.samanayrs.net/breeding.php
Image Image Image Image
Image Image