Samify Your...School?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Samify Your...School?

Post by Echos »

Well with schools starting in the next month or two I though it might be a fun little game to create a fantasy sam to represent you school, whether is middle school, high school, college or the college you already graduated from.

Now I'm not asking anyone to name their school as that is personal information that in not always best shared online, but give us a little explanation of why you choose the design you did. And you have to use the actual custom rules with the traits limits :twisted:

If you would like you can include which school you attend and what grade you are going into but it is up to your discretion to share this information.

UC Santa Cruz - sophomore
Name: ???
Species: Tribal
Design: Mostly shades of green a woodsy/natural pattern. Paint hand print on neck, flower on cheek, rainbow swirly paisley pattern coming up back leg, henna markings on front legs. Golden brown mane and tail.
Traits: Perennial Growth- redwood tree
Features: extra long mane and tail with small braids
Accessories: flowers braided in tail, leather headband, metal bangles on back leg and wooden cuff on front, lots of earrings, feather in mane, colorful beading in tufts, funky wooden charm on long thong around neck, colorful scarf tied in tail
Pet: banana slug sitting on shoulder

Santa Cruz is a very earthy, ecologically focused campus sitting on a beautiful stretch of field and redwood forest overlooking the ocean so the colors and redwood tree. It has a history of free and radical speech and action and this make up a huge part of the campuses mentality. You are free to be whoever you want there and this attracts a really fun, eclectic mix of students. While not as prominent as it was in the 60's there is definitely a modern hippie/bohemien/free spirit feel to many of the students, hence the pattern. Our mascot is the banana slug so there you go.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Re: Samify Your...School?

Post by Xenon »

I don't have a whole lot of time right now to make a lumberjack Sam, but I need to freak out because I've lived in Santa Cruz for most of my life. Moved to Arcata for schooool. XD
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

hmm, lets give this a try...

University of Guelph
Name: Roar of School Spirit
Species: Sa'grisayr
Design: Red with yellow at edge of wings tipped with black. Beak would be yellow.
References: Logo
Mascot next to the cannon
Traits: Beak, front talons, back paws, feather tufted ears, I'm not really sure about what exactly the tail would classify as, but possibly combination tail: multiple/tufted or tufted/tufted, with one regular tufted tail with a few smaller tufts coming out along it, similar to the logo.
Accessories: Rather complicated, but similar in type to Seeker's Abacus I guess. I imagine the Sam sitting on top of Old Jeremiah, the cannon. This cannon is an old World War I cannon that originally traveled all across campus as little pranks between different majors and is now cemented outside the University Center and is painted almost every night with upcoming events, announcements and other similar things. As such it is now coated in multiple layers of paint with little bits of the layers chipped off in places. The cannon doesn't really have a specific colour scheme or design, as long as it looks like it was painted on, sort of graffiti-like.
Pet: Some sort of farm animal mascot mage construct, like a cow or a pig.

So the explanation for this is pretty simple, the Gryphon is our mascot. I would have to say other than the vet college being here, that was one of the reasons I decided to come here instead of staying in BC. I kinda explained the cannon part while describing it, and the farm animal pet would be because Guelph is largely an agricultural school, and also has the vet college.
If I was to have a Samanayr based partly on me and the university however, I would change the pet to a prairie dog as in my first year I stayed in the Prairie section of South Residence.

I might try drawing this later and editing in the image.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Ehe. Phoenix Sam? >:3 My school had its first graduating class this year, and they picked the Phoenix as or school's mascot when the school was first started because they like the idea of us 'Rising from the Ashes'. There are about four highschools in the area: three small ones, and one really big one (I mean, like, over 2000 students big).

My school doesn't actually have it's own campus; we go to school on the college campus, and we get to take the college classes, alongside the college students, for free. We like to think of ourselves as being more intelligent and higher than the big highschool students, and we're geographically higher up on the hill than the other highschools, thus the rising from the ashes idea. I really love going here, and can honestly say that I have no intention of switching schools. :3

Ghidotti Early College High School (or GECHS for short) - Sophomore

Samanayr name: Rise from the Smoldering Ashes

Species: Sa'Grisayr

Colors/markings description:
Main body is black and speckled with crimson and gold to look like embers. Beak and talons are golden. Legs fade from black into deep crimson, then to golden near the feet. Tail and feather crest start as deep crimson and fade to golden towards the tips.

Special traits:
Ignis (Wing Feathers)
Phoenix Tail

That's all I got. No accessories, and unless I can somehow figure out how to convert the bigger highschool (their mascot is a Miner) into a Dragonet, no pets. xD
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

OHGOD

IT HAD TO BE DONE

I graduated like five years ago but still :/ Can has play too?!

Texas A&M University - Graduate [Maritime Administration]
Name: Tradition of the Sawed-Off Horns
Species: Kodyla [or Animal mimic- Collie?] REFERENCE OF AWESOME
Design: Collie-colored, with patches of maroon and white!
Traits: Paws
Features: Excited and loyal disposition!
Accessories: Gold bracelet around right front ankle
Pet: Mosquito

This requires so much explanation. D:

A&M students (called Aggies) are notoriously zealous when it comes to school spirit. Like, stupidly. If you DON'T have school spirit, you're called a "Two-Percenter," because supposedly only 2% don't participate. we don't have cheerleaders, we have Yell Leaders, and they guide the entire school in 'Yells' that we ALL KNOW. WITH HAND SIGNALS. 'Sawed-Off Horns' is a reference to our fight song, which calls on our football team to 'Saw Varsity's Horns Off'- refering to our big rival, the TU Longhorns.

Reveille isn't actually our mascot, a big army dude named Sarge is, but she's so much prettier and pretty blasted close. The gold bracelet represents our class rings, which are a lot more important to Aggies than most- we can identify each other from a distance by the shiny gold. The mosquito pet is a reference to A&M Galveston, where Steele and I attended- the skeeters are huge there, so that campus has an unofficial mascot.

We take our traditions SRSLY. D:

*slinks back into shadows*
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Love all these, and Britian I totally get the mosquito pet. I was born in Houston and spent every summer at my aunts bay house on Galveston. I was definitely the most preferred blood of the family, always ended up looking like I'd gotten the chicken pox. Plus my Aunt went to A&M (though for some reason she's a longhorn fan so she was probably in the 2%).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

*highfives* Though, right now I think the skeeters are bigger in Houston. We've seen a couple over an inch long within the last month, and I'm highly allergic. :/

My brother is a Longhorn fan. >:D HOUSE DIVIDED~