Birthday - Samanayr Treats Cooking Contest - results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
AranelSaraphim
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Birthday - Samanayr Treats Cooking Contest!

Post by AranelSaraphim »

Thank you! Her mane/tail/tufts are made of cotton candy- which melted to the cake now...good thing I took pictures right away! My first time sculpting cake! Here were two things I learned: 1. DO NOT use the "extra moist" cake. 2. DO NOT use the creamy frosting. 3. Make sure the house is not too hot. Ugh...the frosting wanted to stick to everything except the cake. =P

I considered fondant since I've worked with it before, but I didn't have the time to make it or the money to buy it. That stuff's expensive! Ditto with marzipan...love the taste though! I love how you can sculpt with it like clay...well, annoying clay in both cases. I want to try using sculpting chocolate, but I don't know where to get it.

Oh...and here's the reason that I only entered 1 contest:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Birthday - Samanayr Treats Cooking Contest!

Post by Sushidragon »

Results!
I'm so sorry to take so long with the judging for this and the design contest! I was overjoyed to see so many delicious Samanayr treats, and while going through the entries I had to stop and make cupcakes so that I could get my own sugar fix XD I love how everyone incorporated Samanayrs into their entries too - you're a talented bunch of bakers! Thank you for all of the entries, and I hope you enjoyed devouring them when all of the pictures were taken!

If you'd like to see some real deliciousness and haven't checked out the contest thread on the forum, I'd highly recommend it - lots of people posted step-by-step photos and info about their entries!

http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1248

Mr Sushi helped with the judging, otherwise I'd still be working on it XD

The participation prizes should also have been added to everyone's inventories - let me know if you didn't receive yours! All participants received a random modiem.

And here's the results!

First place - Delicious!
http://www.fleurdellama.com/PI/Samanayr ... eClose.png
We loved the detail that went into this yummy scene - Glint looks too yummy to eat! XD

First runner-up - silvermoondragon!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk18 ... gScene.jpg
We loved the details of this scene as well! Chocolate pudding and chocolate chip cookie 'cupcakes?' Mmmmmmmm.

Second runner-up - LakotaWolf!
http://splintyr.com/artdump/fondantsam/onaplate2.jpg
A pudgy cupcake Mew-mimic Sam with homemade fondant? Yum!

Third runner-up - AranelSaraphim!
http://www.ponyisland.net/img/gallery/303716.jpg
A sleepy Samanayr cake just begging to be eaten! And rainbow sprinkle cake, yay!

Delicious gets first pick of the prizes in the prize pot, so let me know what you'd like! silvermoondragon will get second pick, LakotaWolf will get third, and AranelSaraphim will get the remaining prize :D Congrats!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Birthday - Samanayr Treats Cooking Contest - results!

Post by silvermoondragon »

eeeee!!! yay! Thank you Sushi! and congratulations to Delicious, that was a quite amazing Glint you made and I had never even heard of fondant before this contest(I will have to look into it) and of course to the other winners.
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

Grats to delicious, silver, and Aranel! XD I was uber jealous of all of you guys' works, and I wanted a bite of each ;__________;
Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Congrats everyone! There were some amazing cakes and such entered, can't have been easy narrowing it down to just four!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Eee! Exciting! Congratulations everyone....! They were all so tasty, and like Lakota - I sooooo wanted a nibble.

As far as prizes go - choices, choices, choices! So hard! .... as pretty as all of the Samanayar are I am SO a puppy person, so I'd like to have the Oquiesa pretty please. :D I do not know who I will equip her to, but I can take a little time doing that I hope? <3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Since Delicious has now chosen, an excellent choice I might add, I will go ahead and choose now.

As much as I love Sa'grisayrs, I think I am going to choose the Illiayr girl, Stealing of the Luminous Lichen, to be my first Illiayr :D
Thank you Sushi for holding this event! It's nice to have a reason to cook up something artistic.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Congrats to the winners! It was a fun and tasty contest to have!
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

Whoo, I never thought I'd actually have a shot at getting the Sa'grisayr! I was ogling her when the contest began because she has such an awesome design ;} So, I'm going to take her XD

Sweet!

Delicious, I can't wait to see that Oquiesa equipped - she's beautiful and I'm totally a dog person too XD
Image Image
AranelSaraphim
Mystic
Mystic

Post by AranelSaraphim »

I won 4th? Awesome! Thank you so much! And...I got the custom?? Oh! It was my second favorite prize! ^_^ Congrats everyone!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Big congrats everyone! :)
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm so slooooow.. I finally got these guys certed and added the custom token to AranelSaraphim's account XD Delicious, I just need a name for your Oquiesa before she'll be added to your inventory, but she can be equipped whenever!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog