Festival of New Spring 2011 - main thread!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Festival of New Spring 2011 - main thread!

Post by Sushidragon »

Let's rewind the clock a little to the beginning of spring, to the time when the days grow longer and the sun shines brighter, pushing back the lingering chill of winter. The warmth brings out creatures from their long cold-weather hibernations and coaxes the first buds and blossoms from the trees.

Renewed by the rebirth of the world, the Samanayrs come to the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings to celebrate the changing of the seasons. The usual feasts, dancing, and celebrations are being hosted, as well as an addition surprise - new foals from the Song of the Rainbow! This particular group is quite special, as it seems Glint of the Ice Prism get his hooves on a large amount of modiems. Each foal is a purebred rather than a hybrid, as they would normally be, and Glint has proudly declared that each has at least one additional trait!

Some Samanayrs are also saying that this year's event has 'gone to the dogs.' Seems there's a lot of canine mimics about..

Welcome to the third annual Festival of New Spring, the Samanayr celebration of the new season and the new life that's all around. We're just a month or two behind schedule, but at least we made it! :D The festival will be taking place over the next two weeks - see below for the schedule and events that are now open!

Events open now!

Non-owner Draw
Thread - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1465

Trait Design Contest
Thread - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1503

Upcoming events!

Pictionary - June 5 and June 11, 8am PDT
Is it a box? A house? A skyscraper? A toaster? No, it's pictionary!

Accessory Shop/Job Fair - starts June 13
Since it ended up being a tie, both the accessory shop and job fairs will be open! There will be fewer slots available for each, but overall the same amount of stuff will be available.

Outline Sale - starts June 13
An outline sale is where you purchase an outline and decide how it will be colored! These will be $ sales and sold by random draw.

Finished events!

Guess the species
Thread - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1467

Pet Breedings
Thread - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1471

Design Contest
Thread - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1466
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Festival of New Spring 2011 - main thread!

Post by Sushidragon »

I will be posting this on PI in the morning as well.. right now I just need sleep @__@
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oooh, exciting! Can't wait to see what sort of species and traits Glint got for his foals this year! It's always such fun to see the babies. And sounds like some fun events are waiting for us! And does 'gone to the dogs' mean that some of those old canine mimics that have been hanging around are going to be finding homes?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Times and dates have been added for Pictionary, which will be run by silvermoondragon :D

And yep, some of those canine mimics will finally be making their way into the world XD It's only been what, two years?
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Mm, pictionary...that was fun last year. Have to see if I can't make it to play in those.

At least probably... They're all older than baby Sushi I believe...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Yay puppies! :D lol

And I hope I can play pictionary. :3 that sounds like fun. *squeals*

Im so excited for this whole thread and event <333
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

So...is it a bad thing if when I was rereading the coming events I first read the last line of the Pictionary blurb as, "No, it's pictionayr!" instead? Sort of like a strange superhero... Now I'm wondering what a Pictionayr would look like? Would they play the game? Or be drawn differently? In bold sharpie perhaps?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Nako
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Nako »

Origami_Dragon wrote:So...is it a bad thing if when I was rereading the coming events I first read the last line of the Pictionary blurb as, "No, it's pictionayr!" instead? Sort of like a strange superhero... Now I'm wondering what a Pictionayr would look like? Would they play the game? Or be drawn differently? In bold sharpie perhaps?

Yes. It's a terrible thing.

Lol naw I'm just kidding; that just means your brain is set to the setting 'Awesome'.