Samanayr World Integrity

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Re: Samanayr World Integrity

Post by oakleafwolf »

To be honest, I love the idea of a monthly event, too, but I think I'd prefer it without prizes...

Doing something you love and getting something in return can often ruin the experience. It's the obligation of it all. I know that an rp event like that would be completely voluntary, but if a prize is involved than there might be a small feeling of obligation to post something even if you don't feel like it, just to get in on the raffle. Even if it's a very tiny part of you that feels like that, then there would be a feeling of resentment that rp just doesn't deserve. And what if it happened a couple months in a row?

Take school for example. Most kids head into school with lots of excitement. There's friends and games and you get books read to you... By the end, most everyone hates it. You have to do it. Yay, your assignment is coloring! Except that it's not the fun kind of coloring, it's boring school coloring. You have to do it. Yay, you get to read a neat book for class! Wait, no--someone assigned you the book; "fun book" becomes "school book" in 2.37 seconds.

That said, I do like the idea. It reminds me of the Friday Five (a weekly rp prompt, sadly not running anymore). People who like rp will participate if the prompt is fun because they like it and it's fun. People who aren't into rp may give it a shot and start to like it because it's a way to start rp without having to worry about ruining someone else's story line.

*turns to leave and falls off of a soapbox*
Now who put that there??
;>.>
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I would definitely be interested in some kind of monthly RP prompt.

I think a small prize would be good. Something like a modiem or tradeable item perhaps? That way it's not something big that people would possibly lose the fun throwing something together just to enter for the prize, and it would be enough to perhaps sway those people that would consider it but just not have enough time.

Another option could be a points system of some kind? Like on the Glassgryphs forum. There is a points mod for phpBB3 called Ultimate Points that I've tried out on my own forums that works out great. You can set which forums accumulate points so you could have only the RP forum give out points and then you could trade in those points for prizes, whatever you feel would be appropriate and you could easily change it. This way, the prize system would be automatic for each individual post and you would only have to deal with prizes when people trade in for them, kind-of like the trade or equip forum.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I am all for prizeless or small random prize monthly rp's. As oak said, I would gladly do it for nothing as I enjoy Rp very much. ^_^

Id say that if a prize was given it would be random prize to random person who posted a rp entry. <3

Im just sayin. D:
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: