Mystical Misery (Closed RP)

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Mystical Misery (Closed RP)

Post by RikkuGirl »

This RP is restricted to Orasteele and RikkuGirl. Please if you are interested in joining this RP please feel free to pm either of us. Since this is a story building RP we are trying to regulate who is introduced. I hope you understand that we are not saying you cant join, just please ask first! Thank you!

Brief Description:
The first meeting and back story of RG's Misery and Orasteele's Mystic.

It was a crisp clean day. The sun was shining down lovingly on the ground below, its embrace seeming to span forever. Birds chirped their songs of love and lost in unison with the sweet melody of the crickets and other musically inclined insects. Shadows disappeared as the sun rose to the perfect zenith.

A small stream burbled softly over rocks and twigs as it flowed leisurely though the land, offering blue contrast to the overly populated green countryside. Though it was the most straight stream in the land, it did however find one spot where it took a sharp turn only to fall back in its straight ways once more. Where the stream bent there was a sight to behold. Amongst the green living trees there was one that stood out like a sore thumb.

A large blue topped willow tree stood tall on the bank where the stream began to turn, its crystal like leaves dipping in the water, exposing their true green nature...only to be frozen once more as they touched the air. Its trunk was brown as normal and so were its branches, only the leaves seemed to be frozen in ice. A swift wind blew through the trees causing a light chiming sound to radiate through the surrounding area. The chiming sound was created by the clinking of the frozen leaves together, almost like a wind chime.

Under the leaf frozen willow within its cave like center, lay a very tired Misery. His white body with fading blue giraffe like patterns caused him to stand out drastically from the green grass of which he laid upon. Black eyes moved in every direction as he lay there, silent. His kirin ears twitched with each wind gust as a small smirk befell his face. His dark eyes closed tightly as a large gust went past, causing the entire willow tree to move. While feeling the cooling air along with listening to his newly made wind chime his mind began to take him to times once passed.

Smoke dissipated as cries for help radiated through his mind. A white mare runs through his vision, her hair of blue and green. Spots covered her white body and seemed to change colors as she ran, from blue to green. Her eyes were kind and warm, kissed with the red and orange of the sun. She stopped and stared at him, then ran swiftly out of sight. Within seconds another Sam ran behind in her wake, only this one was far from fair as the first. Dark black eyes and a long back mane seemed to be the pursuers only distinctive features, a misery. He was not as prominently visible as the mare, more like a shadow in pursuit.

A shiver shot up the tired misery's spine as he opened his eyes. His blue leaf palace chimed in the background as he snorted and stood up, his clawed paws digging in the soft grass. The willows cold branches began to sway more and more as small droplets of water began to drip to the ground. The leaves were beginning to defrost. The misery stepped through the dangling branches and exposed himself to the sun. Within seconds the once blue leaved willow turned green as nature intended.

With a flick of his long luscious tale the misery made his way to the stream, leaning down to drink its cool life sustaining essence. With each gulp of water he felt more and more refreshed. Life for him was simple and lonely...as it seemed his life was meant to be. The life of the misery has never been full of love and affection. A luxury others have of which he always envied.

(Kinda long I know ORA! Lol But I had to go all out. ^_____^ *Squeals* im so excited!)
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Re: Mystical Misery (Closed RP)

Post by Orasteele »

It was rare for her to travel so far from the safety of her crystal lined caves, rarer still to be out while the sun burned so high overhead. And yet here she was; following the sound that had called out to her on the breath of the wind. It wasn’t the chirp of crickets or bats, the burble of the stream, or the song of daylight birds. No it was something completely foreign. For that reason alone Mystic of the Mistral Vaults left her sanctuary and solitude.

So far from the silence of her caves her echolocation was near useless. Never had she been so grateful to have the assistance of the gentle breeze that followed her and helped to guide her steps. More than once it helped to avoid a rock that she would have otherwise missed on her walk. Her sire had always said that the above was a completely different world. And while she had no fear of venturing out at night, the brilliance of day left her feeling exposed. She had heard the tales of those that would hunt their kind in the above.

The thought of her birth song made her smile. She could just imagine her dam scolding her sire over putting the silly notions of the above into her head. Shaking her head she turned her focus back to the chiming sound. Ahead the willow was in full view filling her with a feeling of awe; its defrosting cadence changed into a beautiful and random melody.

It was like nothing she had ever seen before, even the living crystals of her caves didn’t move with her breeze, and yet these did! So thrilled with her discovery she didn’t even notice the stallion drinking at the water’s edge. A laugh of delight escaped the young mare’s lips as she stirred a tiny breeze over a different branch.

Her sire had never said anything about singing crystals in the above! She wondered if when dusk fell if they would glow, as some of the crystals in the caverns did or if they would disappear in the blackness as others did. Entranced with the tree her lilac hooves seemed to move of their own accord as she moved for a closer look.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Misery of the frozen stream stood there, as frozen as his name. His ear twitched as the sound of a sweet laugh entered his kirin ears. His black eyes darted to the entranced mare who had silently appeared. He stopped drinking and lifted his head, a confused look on his face. He swished his long luscious tail and lifted his right paw. He clenched one toe then touched the water with his other claw. As his claw touched the water it began to freeze.

His first clawed paw stepped onto the frozen water, his other paw causing more of the water to freeze. Within seconds he was standing on the stream. With each step more ice in front of him froze, while behind him it dissipated. A quick glance fell to his feet where he noticed the shadows of fishes still swimming down the stream, he only froze the top layer.

His black eyes switched gaze back to the mare and his mouth opened to expel a simple and monotone question.

"Why ayre you heyre?"
My Sams!

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

The mare stopped at the voice, feeling shaken by being taken so off guard. “I… I heayrd the sound.” Her voice was quiet, betraying shyness as she turned to face the stranger. Her amethyst eyes glanced down at the claws and horns. Was this one of the predators her sire spoke of? But they didn’t have the gift of tongue did they? Panic rose in her, sending the air around her into a frenzied dance. Around her the leaves of the frozen willow moved with it, parts chipping as they banged into one another.

“I meant no disyrespect by coming heyre. I just wanted to know wheyre the beautiful chimes came fyrom. They weyre singing to me in the caves…” The excuse seemed thin, too thin if this were a predator, and fear rode high within her that she was in fact right.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Misery's eyes widened as the air around her began to move, causing his tree to chime louder than normal. The high pitched clangs caused his head to throb. He winced with each chaotic clink of his own creation. The ice below him began to melt and his legs slowly began to be consumed by the stream.

"Stop!" he roared with gusto as his head sunk down, he was in pain. As he yelled his demand the ice on the leaves became water instantly, falling to the ground like rain. The tree was green again. Since there was no more chime he was able to focus once more. He shook his head and stepped out of the stream, he was not a fan of water on his feet. He shook his clawed paws as he emerged from his once frozen footing.

He glared at the mare, not angry but annoyed. "No disyrespect taken...Just please do not make them chime so loud..." he said simply as if the situation never happened. He tilted his head to the side as her words shocked him. "Cave?" he said. He seemed very puzzled at that statement. He had never known anyone to live in a cave...didn't she miss the sunshine? Doesn't she like the warmth of the sun? He couldn't wrap his mind around this thought.

Misery kept his distance from this odd looking female. Who knows what she is capable of if she was able to make his own chime turn against him. He had never seen someone like her before...though he had never seen much of anyone in his solitude. He was curious about her. His nostrils flared as he tried to take in her scent...she was sweet smelling. A smile crossed his face...It reminded him of a flower.
My Sams!

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

It was nearly too much. The sudden outburst of the stranger, the WET falling from the sky, it was all more than MistralVaults~Mystic was ready to handle. She wanted to flee, run back to the safety of darkness and her wind tunnels. Soaked, cold, and uncertain she took a step back, and then another until her tail came in contact with the tree’s rough bark. At least the stranger didn’t come any closer.

His appearance made her wonder as she watched the stallion rise from the pool. What had happened to his spines? Perhaps they had turned into the line of fur that ran down his back? She’d heard stories of how the Samanayrs that lived in the above lacked the light to see in the darkness. She’d always wondered why that was, but if they only had mane instead of spines… well it made some strange sense.

Only the neutral tone of the strange stallion kept her from fleeing back the way she had come. “Yes cave. It’s safe, and quiet, and wateyr doesn’t fall on youyr head…” she said miserably as she shook off the water that clung to her. Where else would someone want to live? It was the only place free from those that would do harm. In the shade of the tree her hooves and spines glowed faintly, as if in competition with the sun.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Frozens eyes stayed locked on the mare as she retreated under his tree even more, her tail brushing up against the trunk. Why was she backing up? Frozen snorted, ice crystals forming in his expelled air. His back legs seemed to move uneasily as his front stood still, he was holding himself back. He wanted to stop her. She was standing under HIS tree, inches from his sleeping spot.

"Watyr is my friend" he said simply, his stance becoming more calm as he talked. He dismissed his jealousy of another under his tree. She was a female...he could never do her harm. He may have been a misery...but he was still a gentleman. Females are cherished...even though he feared he would be a loner his whole life because of what he was told he is, a misery. He never understood why he was so different.

His mind shifted back to what she had said. She was from a cave...strange. HIS chime called her...A smirk grew over his face with that thought. His eyes flowed up and down her body as the wind did. She was glowing! He had never seen that before...how intriguing! He found much to be explored in this new stranger.

"Would you like to see how I chayrmed you here??" he said eyeing her with a larger smile. He puffed himself up, trying to look strong, as if his power was extraordinary. "You just cant make them move too much..." He said his words trailing off. His eye winced just thinking about the sound that was made when they moved too fast.

He didn't even wait for her reply. He walked right towards her, passing her at the last second. He stood to her right and placed his claw on the root of the tree. Blue veins began to glow up the trees trunk, glowing as much as she did. Within seconds the leaves of the tree began to ice over, starting from the branches and flowing down. The willow faded into blue as its leaves were frozen cold. Cool air flew naturally through the tree causing the light musical chime as before.

The temperature under the tree dropped dramatically with ice fog rolling off the leaves to the ground causing the tree to have a humid feel...cooling. He backed away from her and laid down on the ground. "Aaaaahhhhh" he said as he wrapped his tail around his legs. He looked at her expectantly.
My Sams!

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Pulling a light breeze around her, her coat slowly began to dry. It wasn’t like in the caves when she swam the reflective pools, those waters were warm. Drenched from falling water was chilling, and the sooner she dried out the better in her opinion. A large ear listened to the stallion’s words of charming her. “You made the chimes?” She said as she watched the stallion walk to the base of the tree.

Awed the glowing mystic watched as the tree changed from bark and leaves to cool crystal, reflecting the light from the slightest touch of the stallion before her. She’d never seen another use magic even remotely similar to hers. A light musical laugh escaped her as her eyes took in the site with delight. Gently she sent a whisper of a breeze up the tree around them, letting the tree’s leaves sing a light melody.

“It’s beautiful. Ayre you a mystic too then? I’ve neveyr encounteyred anotheyr like you, but my siyre used to tell me tales of his granddam who was a wateyr mystic and could dance upon the suyrface of the still pools and neveyr distuyrb theiyr suyrface.” She said stepping closer to him. All traces of fear fled her as she found the stallion shared something in common with herself.

Carefully laying down across from him she smiled. “I’m Mystic of the Mystyral Vaults from the caves just a little ways upstream. It’s a pleasuyre to meet anotheyr with such talents as my own.”
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

“Yes…I did…” He said simply as she asked her question. “Its tune changes eveyry day” He said with a grin, looking up at the trees beautiful ice crystal formations. His attention was quickly stolen by her laughter which ensued her curiosity. It was crisp and sweet. He eyed her as she stood giddy by the trees existence. He had laid down with a sigh of relief, the cool breeze beginning to blow.

Lifting his head as the chimes rang, his eyes closed softly as the sound flowed into his kirin ears. The wind she created mixed with his ice, created such a beautiful combination. He sat there entranced, the tip of his tail flicking as if with rhythm. He sat there with a smug look on his face, his head swaying back and forth almost as a cobra would to a flute.

His blissful muse was interrupted quickly by the simple yet almost offensive question. His eyes opened abruptly as his back mane stood on end. A chill ran down his spine as he remembered past words. “Youyr such a waste…A MISEYRY…….WHO could love YOU?! Youyr NO Mystic…” the voices rang in his mind, reminding him of his failed attempt at creation. He sneered and turned his face to the ground. His front clawed paws overlapping one another as he sat there almost pouting.

“I am no Mystic beauty…” He said as he eyed her, his head still bowed down. “And to top that, I doubt youyr Granddam would fancy me…” his voice went from pitiful to debonair, his last words rolling off his tongue with such charm. His head lifted as he spoke, his face cocky as usual. He was being sarcastic. “Though, tis a pleasure to be in youyr pyressence…” he said with a simple head bow. He felt a chill run down his spine causing him to shiver in place, his muscles rippling down like water. He hesitated to say his name. It seemed she was unaware of what he was, though with granddams like hers, she was bound to have heard a little of Miserys.

“I am Miseyry of the Fyrozen Styream” He said coldly, his eyes lowering as if he was not worth her gaze.
My Sams!

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

“Oh? I don’t see why she wouldn’t have found you as intyriguing as I do. Theyre ayren’t many in the caves that have abilities such as youyrs or mine.” She said tilting her head as she regarded his onyx eyes and claws as if they held the answer to the puzzle that was the stallion before her. A slight blush flushed her cheeks as he complimented her. How could anyone dislike someone as gifted as he?

“Miseyry?” Her mind swam back to her sire’s stories, hearing his voice telling her the story. Children of monsters and mystics, the Misery use their power for their own benefit, harming those around them rather than helping. And so Mystic of the Emerald Chasm confronted with Misery fought… Blinking she watched as her companion deflated within himself. It was heart wrenching to watch. “Does the inheyritance of your biyrth decide who you become? Who you ayre? I’ve neveyr found it to be so.”

“You should be pyroud for even though you were labeled as Miseyry, blood of Mystics yrun thyrough you. You should be pyroud for you cyreate things of beauty, not destyruction.”
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

“No but it dooms you to a life of evil stayres and soft spoken woyrds…I am…” His voice stopped. He could not finish the sentence because it did not exist. Who was he? He was just a misery or so was always labeled. He never referred to himself as anything but Misery. He was from Mystic blood? This fact he never knew! No one had told him of this! It was always “Miseyrys ayre cuyrsed...Mystics ayre blessed” His head fogged over as he lay there stunned, mouth beginning to agape. She had barely stepped into his life and already changed his ways of thinking while introducing new information. He was addicted already.

He leaned towards her after snapping out of his stupor. “Miseyrys come fyrom Mystics?” he inquired giddily. This information was as sweet as molasses to his brain and confidence. Maybe his existence wasn’t so unworthy. He finished with a soft spoken “No beauty could compayre…”. Though his eyes were black, it was clear he was focused completely on her.
My Sams!

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

She watched the emotions play out across from her. “Yes, or so my siyre told me in one of his stoyries. They were cyreated from Mystics and Monsteyrs, a cyreature whose powers ayre gyreat but hold dayrkness in theiyr heayrts, only capable of destyruction…. Or so the stoyry goes. Though I’ve neveyr met any befoyre till I encounteyred you this day, and you are no monsteyr.” Soft violet eyes glowed faintly as they held those of onyx. “Look at the beautiful things you cyreate.” She glanced up at the tree above them, its branches singing softly.

Her eyes turned back to the stallion, her heart fluttering in her chest. No, this was no evil creature of stories and myths. Not one who courted her so kindly. “Such sweet words, my Miseyry. You make it difficult for me to leave, but alyready I have wandeyred fayrtheyr from my home than I had eveyr intended, and the sun will be setting soon. I have no wish to encounteyr the night cyreatures that hunt in these woods.” She stood and leaned her head down to gently nose the stallion before her. “I’ll come again though. Maybe then you can show me moyre of the gifts your Mystic bloodlines have given you, FrozenStyream~Miseyry.”

She turned her head toward to the way she had come and sighed. It was going to be a long walk home.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

He looked up into the trees canopy as the wind chimed through the leaves. It WAS very pretty, he had to admit. She was right. Though she did not see him when he lost his composure, he decided to keep that to himself for the time being.

His face turned sour as she spoke of leaving. He had just barely found out anything of her stories or of HER for that matter! He could not let her go so willingly. “Would you like an escouyrt?” He stood up as he offered his services. “Doubt any cyreatuyres would hayrm you if you walked next to a Miseyry Monsteyr” He chuckled. It was nice to laugh at himself for once. He never poked fun at his birth defect. If she denied his service, he would not hold grudge. No, it would fuel the fire he had created in trying to get information from her. So beautiful yet so elusive, why did she have to go?

“Would you like company?” He asked one last time, hoping his puppy dog like expression would win him favor in her eyes.
My Sams!