Holiday gift-o-rama - gifts are open!!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Holiday gift-o-rama - gifts are open!!

Post by Sushidragon »

Gift-o-rama is making its triumphant return this year :D This is your chance to gift Samanayrs, pets, items, accessories, and more to your friends for the holidays!

There will be a number of free gifts, and also some paid ($USD) gifts available. All of the gifts will be revealed at some point before December 20, but until then you'll only know the type of gift you received, not what's in it :D

To make things easier for me, all gifts will be given anonymously. You're welcome to let your gift recipient know that you got the gift for them, but it's up to you to tell them, not me!

Rules and info

- Please no pouting or complaining if you don't receive a gift, or if you don't get the gift you want. Unfortunately there is a limited number of gifts available, and while I don't want anyone to miss out I also want to keep my sanity!
- Please don't beg or whine in the thread for gifts. You can let people know you'd like a Samanayr gift by getting added to the hopeful list.
- You can only buy gifts for other people, not for yourself.

There also some limits for free and paid gifts, but there's more information about both types of gifts below. Read on for more info :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Holiday gift-o-rama!

Post by Sushidragon »

There's four types of free gifts - Samanayrs, pets, accessories, and item bundles! Each type is being given out differently, so make sure you read everything in this post to get ready for gifting.

Each person can receive one free Samanayr, pet, accessory, and item bundle. There's no limit to how many you can gift, if you can catch them!
Samanayrs

There are 16 - count 'em, 16! - Samanayrs that will be looking for homes through the gift-o-rama! Their giftbox is green with a red ribbon.

All of the Samanayr gifts will be given away through a random draw. Each person who wants to gift can include up to three different recipients with their Samanayr preferences for each person. 16 gifters will be randomly drawn, and the first person on their list will receive a gift Samanayr! If the first person listed has already received a free Samanayr gift, I'll go on to the next person in the gifter's entry. If the same happens with the next person, I'll go on to their third person. If all three have recived a gift, I'll go on to the next randomly drawn entry.

Rules!

- Each person can send in one gifting PM.
- Please send me a PM on PI or the Sam forum, not both places.

The Samanayrs won't be revealed until the gifts open, but here's a sneak peek at them! I can say that there's not a single regular Samanayr in the bunch, they're all other species XD
If you'd like to gift a free Samanayr to someone, please send a PM to this account with the subject "Gifting - free Samanayr" and the following filled out:

Username:
First choice gift recipient:
Second choice gift recipient:
Third choice gift recipient:

This will be open until December 18, 22:00 PI time (2pm PST)!
Pets

There are 7 different types of pets, and there will be 4 available of each type. Their giftbox is white with a red ribbon.

All of these pets are minor pets, which means that they can't breed and don't come with a cert. There will also be multiple pets with the same image. However, they can still be added to your Samanayr's image if you want to equip the pet to them, and if a Sam with a pet is equipped there's always a chance their offspring will have a similar pet!

Pets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available at random times before December 18. When a pet type becomes available, you'll be asked to send a PM to this account with the name of the person you'd like to gift. More details will be available when pet slots are actually open!

Availability announcements will be posted to either the Sam forum and PI, or just the Sam forum, so keep an eye out!

Here's the different pet types that will be available! They're all avians and based on real birds - a field swallow, a snowy owl, two chickadees, a cedar waxwing, and two doves!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Accessories

There will be three kinds of accessory available - a Jingle Bell Cuff, Holly Hair Clip, and Jingle Bell Harness! There will be a total of 15 accessories available, but you can decide which type your recipient will receive :D

Like the pets, accessories will be available at random times before December 18 and will be first-come, first-served. When they're available, please send me a PM with the following:

Gift recipient:
Accessory:

Good luck!
Item bundles

There are 20 item bundles available, each with 1-3 randomly determined tradeable items. Their giftbox is red with a gold ribbon.

Like the pets and accessories, item bundles will be available at random times before December 18 and will be first-come, first-served. I'll be releasing them in batches of 5. Good luck :D
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Paid gifts ($ only) will be available every so often as I have time.

The giftbox for all paid gifts is gold with a red ribbon. Each person can receive a maximum of two paid gifts. There's no maximum of how many you can gift, but each person is limited to one slot per batch. So if there's five batches of paid gifts available, you can purchase one gift per batch for a total of five gifts.

This time around, there's three types of paid gifts :D
Tokens
Tokens can be redeemed at any time (although it may take me a bit to get to it if I'm busy!), and each one does what it says on the image :D

Semi-custom token - $10

Breeding token - $20
(please note you can use modiems and one-shot items, just not a combo resulting in multiple foals)

Custom token - $17
Single Samanayr and pet custom slots
Prices and options - http://samanayrs.net/customs.php

If you purchase a custom Samanayr or pet, it'll be the usual process - you give me the form, I show you the sketch (unless it's a semi-custom or breeding), and once I've approved your sketch I finish up the custom. The difference this time is that you can't purchase it for yourself, and the recipient will have to wait until the presents open to see the end result!
How to buy

When paid slots are available, I'll make posts in the gifting thread on PI and the Sam forum. You'll have an hour to send in your form, and then the winners will be randomly selected!

In addition, each person who purchases a gift will receive a unique item - the Candy Cane Cookie! This is a one-time use item that can be used when applying for a breeding. If the breeding is successful, the foal(s) will receive one of the following traits, determined randomly:

- Glacies
- Multiple horns
- Poison tail
- Perennial growth (mint)
- Vestigial faery wings (single, double, or seraphim)
When slots are available, please send this form if purchasing a token:

Gift recipient:
Token type:

If purchasing a custom, please use the forms on the customs page and include the gift recipient under 'username':

http://samanayrs.net/customs.php#form
Charms
The third type of paid gift may or may not actually be available, it all depends if I can find my supplies while setting up my office XD;

These charms are 1/2" across and can fit a headshot of a Samanayr! Each charm has a unique drawing, glued and sealed into the metal charm setting.
More information will be available if I can find my supplies and actually make them available! Two things to know are that they can only be gifted to someone who is willing to have items shipped to their home, and they won't be mailed out until after I get back from vacation on January 4.

They're teeny tiny adorable!
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Do you really want a Samanayr for Christmas? Maybe a pet, or even just some items? Let everyone know what you'd like by adding yourself to the wishlist!

If you're interested in receiving Samanayrs, pets, accessories, and/or items as gifts, just post in bold:
  • (username) is wishing for a Samanayr/pet/accessory/item this year! (just remove the things you wouldn't like to receive)
If you'd like anything Samanayr-related as a gift, just post in red:
  • (username) would love any gift!
If you're willing to have items mailed to you (if you're under 18 you'll need parental permission), please post in blue:
  • Send things my way!

Any Gift Wishlist:
Orasteele
Jennalyn
silvermoondragon
Origami_Dragon
Raenia
Tasmen
Britain
Kagari
LvSoulFriend
Janalee
amazondreamer
Rekyrem
HybridSiren
PoisonedPromise
Pristine
Allihandra
Nighthenge
Cameron
Delicious
Saiki
Synzaphine
Puuka
Shades of Venus
Raitalle
CosmicDragon
Kashu Arashi
AsaraDragon
Stormelle
CassiaDawn
PookaWitch
Rikkugirl
Echos
Yuiven
NightFlyer
Nako
Shlee
Calzico
Zephyr

Nova Night
Bluestarwolf 12
Seren
SilverDapples
Pathos
Esperanza
superdoug
SunBlind
AranelSaraphim
White Mare Of Mabon

Samanayr Wishlist:
Kimmie101
Aholland
BJJLilly
wystearya
ShayBaby

Rainfire
Cheshiresneer
Solistia
Star * Princess

Pet Wishlist:

Accessory Wishlist:
Perryunicornboy

Item Wishlist:
Last edited by Orasteele on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The gifts are finally open, and what a haul! If you received a gift you don't need to do anything to claim it, it'll appear in your inventory.. eventually XD I'm hoping to get everyone's inventories updated by tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's some info about the different gifts:

Items - Tradeable items each have a point value and can be traded for other items, usually modiems.
Item info - http://samanayrs.net/hqitems.php
Modiems info - http://samanayrs.net/hqmodiems.php
Trading post - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Pets - Will appear in your inventory! Can be equipped to a Samanayr on the "Do stuff for me!" board - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

Accessories - Will appear in your inventory (pardon the placeholder inventory images XD)! Can be equipped to a Samanayr on the "Do stuff for me!" board - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

Tokens - These can be redeemed at any time, although since I'll be away until January as of Wednesday I won't be able to scan anything until then. I will be taking all of my drawing stuff with me, though :D Ideally these can be redeemed through the "do stuff for me" board, but if you'd prefer not to post or can't access the forum you can send me a PM instead.
"Do stuff for me" token redeeming post with forms - http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1735

Samanayrs - Should have your name on the cert already, please let me know if there's any problems!

Gifts appear below your username :D

abbeyinc

Aholland
Image Image Image

Allihandra
Image Image Image

amazondreamer
Image Image Image

AranelSaraphim
Image Image

AsaraDragon

Ayaka
Image Image Image Image

BJJLilly
Image Image

Bluestarwolf12
Image Image

Britain

Calzico

Cameron
Image Image

CassiaDawn

CheshireSneer

CosmicDragon
Image Image Image

Delicious
Image Image

Echos
Image Image Image Image

Esperanza

Hybridsiren
Image Image

Janalee
Image Image

Jennalyn
Image Image Image Image

Kagari
Image Image

Kashu Arashi

Kimmie101
Image Image

LBPhoenix

LvSoulFriend
Image Image Image Image

Marbletoast
Image Image

Nako

NightFlyer

Nighthenge

Nova Night

oakleafwolf
Image Image Image

Ogre
Image Image

Orasteele
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Image Image Image Image Image

Pathos
Image Image Image

perryunicornboy
Image Image Image

PoisonedPromise

PookaWitch

Pristine

Puuka

Rainfire

Raenia
Image Image

Raitalle
Image Image

Rekyrem

RikkuGirl
Image Image Image Image

Saiki
Image Image

Seren

Shades of Venus
Image Image

Shlee

SilverDapples

silvermoondragon
Image Image

Solistia
Image Image

Starwind
Image Image Image

Star * Princess

Stormelle
Image Image

SunBlind

superdoug
Image Image

Synzaphine

Tasmen
Image Image

White Mare of Mabon

wystearya

x Sunneh x

Yuiven
Image Image

Zephyr

Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

*raises hands* We can't send in our three people yet correct?

*squiggles* So excited! Even if I don't get anything, I just want to see these Sams!
Signature under construction!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Jennalyn would love any gift!
Send things my way!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The free Sam gifting is open, so send in those names :D
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

silvermoondragon would love any gift!
Send things my way!

Oh wow... That snowy owl pet is amazing! I would love you forever if I got one of those...
Last edited by silvermoondragon on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Origami_Dragon would love any gift!
Send things my way!

Such adorableness lurks up there! Especially the snowy owl and the waxwing. Well...and I'm sure the Sams too...just can't see more than tantalizing glimpses of them yet. *ponders names* Hmm...have time...might watch and wait for a bit first before sending those in...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@silvermoondragon - Baby Sushi was just playing with his little stuffed owl this morning :D Granted, he was going for the eyes, but still..
Image Image

Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Britain would love any gift!
Send things my way!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

@ Sushi - but the eyes... they're so shiny! XD I'm glad he likes it.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Janalee would love any gift!
Send things my way!

Ooh, I have to agree, that snowy owl is particularly adorable. *grins, and bounces excitedly* Thanks for doing all of this again Sushi! And thanks for helping out too, Orasteele. ^^
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

amazondreamer would love any gift!
Send things my way!

Fabulous birds Sushi! I love them all but I think my favorite is the little field swallow, though I have a soft spot for waxwings :D And the marvelous giveaway Sams, such a lovely group.

Happy holidays everyone! And thank you Sushi for putting this all together, it's going to be a blast!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rekyrem
Super Spiffy Awesome
Super Spiffy Awesome

Post by Rekyrem »

omigosh! : D

Rekyrem would love any gift!
Send things my way!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Updated the list! WHOO!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Seren would love any gift!

Ahhh! I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED! I can barely contain myself, all of thse wonderful gifts up for grabs, esepcially those delightfull looking Sams! *squiggles and flails* I'm going nuts, to say the least. Anyway. XD

I'm trying to figure out exactly how this works, but I think I've got it down. X3 Wish I could add more people!

The birds are so lovely, and the accessories and the cookie sound so wonderful! But yes, mostly I'm drooling over the Sams. *coughsawkwardly* I mean... totally... playing it cool.

Nah, I just can't wait to see the full haul! X3

One question: what does Samanayr preference mean? Like... which Sam we'd like for them? O.o Just a bit confused about that bit. XD
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

SilverDapples would love any gift!

Oh my gosh those birds are SO cute! XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

Puuka would love any gift!
Send things my way!

Awesome! :3
Those birds are to-die-for, especially the two white ones on the end. And that owl, wow!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

All slots are taken!

To gift an item bundle, please send me a PM with the subject Item bundle and the following info filled out:

First choice gift recipient:
Second choice gift recipient:

The first 5 PMs will gift the gifts! Please send just one PM on either PI or the Sam forum. Good luck!

@Seren - Oh yeah, I forgot to take that part out XD
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Ooh, looks like we have our first gifts :O Exciting!

I will be opening some paid slots this evening, just not sure exactly when. Once they do open you'll have an hour to sign up, though :D
Image Image

Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

Pathos would love any gift!
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs