Little Sapling

Engage in some good ol' freeform RP.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Little Sapling

Post by SilverDapples »

WEEW~!
Go little Rustle of the Willow's Tears
The sun was high in the sky, perched atop billows of cottony clouds. Close to a huge expanse of forest, between the huge roots of a very old and large oak, was a teeny tiny speck of blue, white and green. Rustle stared up at the sky with huge blue eyes. She couldn't understand why she was out here all alone, nor why she was there, under the tree in the first place. Truth be told she had walked there not five hours earlier and fallen asleep, she was tuckered out from the long walk that started, more then likely in the middle of the forest, and ended there for now. Her dual colored cloven feet were sore, though not as bad as they were before. The little samanayr filly couldn't help but yawn and swing her little twig of a tree around. In all her walking she had heard the sounds of creatures, but none that would, or could, talk to her. This puzzled her. Why wouldn't they, the creatures of the forest, want to talk to her?
With a sleepy step, Rustle tried to clear the huge root that was sticking out of the ground, and got caught, hanging there, nearly able to touch the ground, and yet not. And all of her wriggling's weren't helping either, she seemed to simply stay stuck! She hoped the tree would let her go, because her stomach was already starting to hurt at the uncomfortableness that this hanging position caused her. With a little flutter of foot tuft and mane, Rustle lifted her head some, and slowly yawned, closing her eyes in the process.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: Little Sapling

Post by Seren »

Janus was a rogue dragonet, for now, he liked to stay under tree cover, catching bugs and playing around, and avoiding any Sams who may try to claim him. Whoever tried to claim this stubborn dragonet would have to have tenacity and perserverence. He fluttered his draconic wings, eyeing the dappled patterns on his back, as his right head surveyed the ground below, hissing softly.
This is stupid. We should go sleep.
The left head shrieked at him and shook his head. I want some adventure.
Yeah? Well you're gonna get a swift peck to the brain! The right head hissed in the other's blue eye, as the left head snapped around to clamp his maw over the right's. Hush, you cloudfluffabrain. I hear something!
Both of them simultaneously cocked their head in different directions, tapping his talons with concentration. The soft sweet scent of another living being came to them, and they glanced at each other, the right head resisting briefly, before both of them swooped down to perch in front of a tree root, eyeing the creature perched there.
It's blue.
No duh!
...Its breathing.
No, really?
... It has a twig growing from its forehead.
No, of course it has a twi- A what?!
The left head surveyed the little foal closer, snorting. It's a foal.
A foal? A SAMANAYR foal?!
No, a baby Enekyn!
Nu-uh, they'd be bigger!
Shut up! I'm trying... to think.
The left head slowly reached forward, lightly tapping the twig with his odd snout, the right head bent back as far as he could go, his face curled up in a little grimace.
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle could have dozed off, if given a minute more, the heat of the day was tiring, what would she say! She did let out a little wiffling noise when the two-headed dragonet came nere, her eyes shut still. She wiggled some, in a fruitless attempt to free herself one more, but stopped.
"Stuck.." She clucked quite sadly to herself, suddenly feeling a tap on her twig-tree. Surprise made the little filly's huge blue eyes flash open, and jerk her head back, fast enough to set her in motion.
THUMP
The next thing Rustle knew, she was staring up at the branches of the great tree with tears in her eyes. She was stuck in the little crevice on her back and she couldn't get out. Maybe this tree did not like her sleeping or playing on it...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Jan had only a moment to blink both of his pairs of eyes at her own big blue ones when she disappeared back into a crevice, making a clucking noise and hopping up, perched on the woord thoughtfully as he tapped the side of the crevice with a little taloned paw.
Great, look what you did. The right head drawled sarcastically.
Me? It was your ugly mug that scared her.
WE HAVE THE SAME FACE.
They let out some shrieks at one another, before halting quickly to both peer down into the crevice, the right head's tongue poking out and the left head breathing softly, eyeing the tears in her eyes, making little muttering noises, chirping once at her.
Still alive?
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle let out a little shaky noise, caught between a squeal and a sob. No, it wasn't directed at the being before her letting off loud shrieks, but her taxing predicament. Never before, she thought, that in her short life, had anything ever been as stressful as this!
"Stuck." She squeaked out again when she heard something in her head. Tears were still fresh in her eyes as she wiggled more, but staying stuck in the mean crevice was simply all she could do without help. Her little twig trembled upon her brow as she shook and pawed at the air above her, twitching her ears back and forth. Little Rustle supposed that she was at the mercy of this dragonet. She truly hoped they'd be nicer then the tree...
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Turn your head left. The right head barked mentally at his other, then screeched and pecked at the other head. MY LEFT.
YOUR LEFT IS MY RIGHT. The other head hissed back, then shut up quickly, eyeing the little stuck filly and softly rumbling. Stop the bickering. You'll scare her.
I'm bickering?! You're the on- Fine. The right head said exasperatedly, poking his head in further into the crevice, the tip of his muzzle lightly touching a green hoof, snorting as some silky white hairs brushed over his nostrils.
One taloned foreleg slipped down with the head, gripping onto a fetlock best he could, and slowly started to back up, lifting her forelegs first out of the crevice, the right head giving little rhytmatic thrums of encouragement. Once she was free he set her down on the tree root, surveying the soft blue little being with a curious bird-like expresion, twin heads tilting towards each other.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Hansa was flying through the midday heat, only just a bit earlier shooting in between the trees, semi shielded from the heat of the day by the sweet green leaves. It was a good day, already she had a full belly, now all she needed to do was find a nice shady place to sleep, and she was hoping there would be some water near by that would allow that for her. After that midday nap, she would go find her favorite little dragonet and see how much she could baby him that day. With a few lazy flaps of her wings, she dropped and sped forward, the forest had just fallen away from her, and led to a massive field of grass, slightly apart from the rest of the trees was a massive old oak. How odd to find one so far away from it's friends, the multi colored kreenasa thought to herself. On the roots of a tree was a somewhat familiar figure. Immediately she turned, swooping in closer to find that it was no minayr, but a little loan foal! She cocked her head and landed a few feet away, here she could see a two headed dragonet male, who was in shades of silver and grey. Much like a kangaroo, Hansa crept forward and made a little hissing noise, wondering what the male, who seemed obviously wild, much like herself, was doing with such a small samanayr.

Rustle shook and quivered as the dragonet pulled her out. The right heads little thrums of encouragement soothed her, and she didn't fight at all when they set her down on the tree root. With a little wiggle of her tail, she attempted to perch on the root, looking back at both heads as best she could. Her little twig trembled as she started to talk.
"Th-thank you!" She squeaked out, shaking a little bit of dirt off her brilliant blue pelt. The run in with the crevice left her cold and hungry, but only her hunger, which was betrayed by the baying of her stomach, could be known.
Her tiny ears swiveled around, her head soon following when she saw the form of another dragonet, this one only having one head. Her colors made Rustle's eyes water again, and she ducked her head a bit. The female hissed questioningly, and alert, which made Rustle look at her first finder and savior with huge eyes.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus was puzzled by the little foal, fully baffled, unsure on how to handle such a predicament. The left head, his left head, had wanted adventure, and suddenly, he had gotten it, in the bright blue form of a little filly whose hooves and foot tufts were too big for her, with a little twig rising from her forehead like a unicorn's horn.
Her "thank you" brought him back to the fact that he suddenly had a living breathing thing in front of both of his pairs of periwinkle eyes. A little rumble was hear, familiar to the rouge dragonet, and he nodded quietly to himself.
You are hungry, yes? The left head was a bit warmer, though slightly awkward sounding, not sure how to handle it.
A hiss jerked him from his dually-headed thoughts, and both heads jerked to give narrowed-eyed looks at the newcomer. She was lower to the ground, and was a wide array of colors, so different from his own wintery colors. Her colors stood out, making her look very exotic. His right head blinked slowly and hissed softly back, while the left just merely blinked more, sort of entranced by the colors, but the right head took charge and leapt between the dragonet and the foal, hissing again.
You can't hurt the foal!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle blinked once, and then quickly nodded. Her little stomach ached with hunger pains, and she couldn't help but twitch uncomfortably because of them. But she was still now, her attention kept towards the dragonets, both curious and confused.

Hansa stared incredulously at the male when he leapt in between her and the foal. Why would he even want to protect it? Hansa cocked her head, and finally hissed out in a quiet tone.
Why in the world would I want to hurt a foal?!
She was more hurt at the accusation then anything. She opened her purple and green wings, flashing them angrily as she started to puff up, digging her claws into the ground as her tail wriggled some.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

His dual tails lashed together, as the two head surveyed her, the right one quizzical, the left with curious interest. They nodded together slowly.
You surprised me.
We-me found the foal stuck, and tried to help.
I... we... want to help?
Janus only knew how to communicate with himself, and now found himself stumbling over his own mindwaves, like a stuttering Samanayr, not knowing how to convey his wishes, or... their wishes.

His little talons tapped at the tree trunk as he stepped aside so the tropically colored female with the ruby eyes could survey the little foal they had rescued.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

A small crinkle in her look was the only thing that could show the thought-process it took for her to understand. She nodded slowly, now settling her sings close to her face, chirping once in a soft, sweet tone, before hopping forward and studying the little filly with the infamous ruby eyes.
Young.
She commented slowly, tilting her head some.
I'm not sure what the young eat... Nor what they need specially for care... Though, I do know someone who would know.. They aren't too far away, perhaps I could bring them in while you watch the youngin'?
Hansa looked at the two headed male, slowly cocking her head to the side. The little filly samanayr looked somewhat perplexed, but said nothing to either dragonet, though her stomach growled louder still.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

I... We... would be happy to. We think.
This was odd, the longer he spent talking to others, the more his... personality..s... were coming out. It was confusing the two heads, and their shared body twitched in anticipation as they nodded together, and remarked together. We will try and offer her some stuff around, and protect her. Who knew if there were Oquesias around? His tail tip curled up some more in thought, as he eyed the little blue filly.

Chilling was resting drowsily on a branch, her red hooves glinting like rubies in the filtered light, snorting softly so her dually colored head mane rustled, a little pale blue-purple and white figure of Chinook all curled up on her back, both of them breathing deeply in unison.

(So it's short... but eh, I'm workin' on Aeo and Bare!)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Hansa nodded and turned away, hopping a few steps out before she took off into the air. Putting on a burst of speed, she flew to where she figured her two friends should be. They had said earlier that they would be in the area not too far from here, so Hansa counted on that.
It didn't take long to locate the two, both still sleeping on a branch. Hansa took the leisure to land with a little gentle thump right on the Lamanayrs back. Cooing loudly she pawed at the soft thin fur as she nuzzled at the sleeping Chinook, of whom she had 'adopted'.

Rustle blinked slowly as she saw the wildly colored female take off, and slowly looked around at the two headed male. Her big blue eyes sparkled with the slight traces of questioning tears. Rubbing her blue hooves together she eyed the ground and then dropped down fast, making another thump as she did. Staring up at him with her twig first, she took to his side, curling up into a tiny little ball, and tucked most of her tiny head under the long tufts of fur on her legs.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus eyed the little filly as she plopped down, having seen little traces of tears in her eyes, the right head made a soft comforting thrumming noise, as the left head looked surprised at her little body curled up beside him, slowly leaning down to brush his nose over her her mane and to gently nose the twig, curving an oddly shaped wing over her body to shield her, despite the weather being fair.

Dive made a low sleepy noise and stretched under the two dragonets, rolling her shoulders and wings some, careful in her sleep of her companion, since she had already lost him once, and had since been very protective of the small wild dragonet.

Chinook's head popped up to chirp sleepily at Hansa. He loved the exotic dragonet, and enjoyed being with her, feeling as safe around her as he did his large Lamanayr friend. He nuzzled under her chin, pumping at her stomach like a little kitten, as Dive raised her head.

"H-Hansa? What is it? Something wyrong?"
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle snuggled in at the wing now covering her. It was a comfortable warm sensation, even in the warm day, to be covered by a wing. She snuffled at the left head leaning down to nose her twig, but she didn't mind, and relaxed happily.

Hansa could have smiled as she chirped back to her sleepy friend, and rolled back more with a little happy groan of pleasure at the kitten-like pumps. With her eyes half shut, Hansa twitched her tail and tapped Dive's back.
I found a Samanayr foal all alone with no parent around. I thought you might know what do do?
Hansa hummed softly, once more nuzzling the little dragonet cutie.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus curled his twin tails around her as well, and pulled her closer and making soft thrumming noises at the warm safe feeling he had when he was around others aside from just himself. Both heads blinked at each other and had a quiet mind-conversation, trying not to wake her.
It's...
Nice?
Yeah....
The left head shook himself off and made a low clicking noise and nipped teasingly at the right head, before laying down on the grass to softly snore.

Dive cocked her head to one side, trying not to grin at the two dragonets, buzzing quietly. "A foal? I have neveyr... well... I shall tyry. Show us the way then!" She spread her wings and got to feet nimbly on the thin branch, bobbing her head so her red and purple tousled mane settled some.

Chinook purred and clung to Dive's short coat, blinking up sweetly at Hansa.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Hansa nodded, short and curt, and hopped back up into the air. With a few bats of her thin wings, she eyed the two, before winking to her favorite little hatchling. She started off again, flying back to the tree where she had left the two, and circled round to land just a few feet away. She swung her head around to look back at her friends, resting back on her tail with a meek ruby eyed blink.

Rustle did not move again, besides her little breaths, in and out. The soft snoring, though she did not realized it, lulled her deeper into sleep. Thoughts of a sea of little purple flowered crossed her thoughts as she snuggled closer still. The sounds of other beings landing did not wake her once.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus didn't stir at all when the others landed, lost in the comfort of the soft grass and the warmth of her body against him, stretching out some quietly beside her, groaning with contentment with his right head, while his left head rubbed on the grass. His dual splitted tail, flicking up and across the grass.

Chinook's little face bloomed with a beaming little "grin", jaw wide, little tongue poking out with joy. His little body quivered with his wagging like a tamed Oquiesa pup, bouncing some, before nestling down between Dive's wings as she soared and banked after Hansa.

Dive was content and amused, she liked dragonets and her dragonet friends made up most of her social life, she didn't talk to many other Sams, not many could keep up with it, and having fun with Hansa and Chinook and doing aerial manuevers were the best. She lited down, and eyed the two dragonets she saw sleeping, unable to tell they had the same body.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Hansa walked up to the sleeping pairs, and leaned down, first prodding the left head, and then the right. Turning her attention to his wing, where she could see the edge of a hoof stick out, she nudged under and lifted his wing to show the sleeping foal. Hansa glanced up at her friends and then carefully nudged at the little filly's side.

Rustle awoke the moment she felt the nudge, though she didn't exactly see anything, her blue eyes were blurry from the nap. Slowly she looked up and stared at the Lamanayr that stood a bit away. Rustle swayed nervously, staring up still and pressing against the two headed net whom she deemed her friend, her little twig pointing up at the mare.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus slowly blinked his two pairs of eyes, raising his head and tilting them to the sides simultaneously, chirping softly and yawning in unision. He stirred and raised his wings more and folded them over his back to expose the little foal to the taller being that approached.

Dive was curious and amused at the two headed-dragonet, one of the strangest sights she had seen in awhile, but her interest was quickly capitivated by the bright blue foal- she had never been so close to a foal before, not even when she was that age. She lowered her striped face to blow softly on the hatchling. A twig? How fascinating... she immediately started thinking about how fast the little filly could fly, not even taking note of the lack of wings.

Chinook leaned down, trying to peer around Dive's neck to look at the filly, but misjudged his balance and went toppling down in a little heap on the ground, snuffling once and getting to his feet to blink upsetly around, his big lavender eyes focusing on the foal a few feet in front of him, eyeing the bigger two-headed dragonet that was peering at him.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Hansa gave a soft chirp to Janus, nodding some and then looking back towards her friends. Her eyes were soft, and she pawed at the grassy base of the tree roots without thinking. Her tail brushed across the ground in front of the stirring two-headed male. The moment that her little 'net fell forward, she shifted, ready to move closer to her little friend at a moments notice. But her eyes were quickly drawn to the little blue filly.

Rustle blinked up at the mare who was looking at her with such intent eyes. A little shudder escaped her as she stared up still, curious under all of the attention she assumed she never had before. She squeaked softly when she felt the gust from the striped face's blow, closing her eyes and dropping her head low. Only after she was sure there wasn't another one coming, she opened her eyes and looked up at her again, blinking. But her attention was quickly grabbed by the dragonet that fell from the striped ones back. He shuffled back up and she saw that he looked at her. He was smaller then the big mare, and immediately Rustle picked herself up and started to push herself closer to the young one, her little tail flicking back and forth excitedly, making a soft squealing noise, as she tilted her head, making her twig rustle.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus blinked slowly at the tall violet- striped Lamanayr approaching him. He hadn't been near a Samanayr so closely for a long time, and he took his time eyeing her with two sets of pale blue eyes, shifting some when the filly lefts his side. His tail tips twitched as his right head gave a soft chirrup when the other dragonet's head appeared; a wild one, and young at that.

Dive snuffed softly at the filly, her interest fully caught up in the little one, amused at everything about her, from her fluffy tufted hooves to her big blue eyes and that bright blue pelt, and of course that little leafy twig! She flared her wings some and was surprised when her little friend fell, immediately looking worried for Chinook's safety. When she saw he was okay she stepped back to give the filly room, amused at her excitement.

Chinook blinked slowly, snuffling and stirring, staring at the bright blue filly, softly purring to her after a moment, and scuttling forward to sit real close to her, and peer into her face with his big periwinkle eyes, leaning forward to lick her muzzle then tilt his head with an animated little chirp.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Rustle started to squeal in excitement. She couldn't help it! So many things were happening, all in one day! She stared her huge blue eyes at the small dragonet, and wriggled uncontrollably when he sat near. She stared back at him with huge eyes, and made a tinkling laugh as she pushed her head forward, nudging and rubbing on the small being, licking his face all over with delighted chirps. Her tail, with its little pods, flicked back and forth fast, she was excited. Suddenly she turned, with her side pressed against the dragonet, she stared up at the massive Lamanayr that stood so tall to her. Her tail stilled for a moment. But she was off again, immediately bouncing up to the first long leg, which she pushed at with her nose and a tiny squeal.

Hansa watched the small samanayrs reaction with amusement. She almost felt happier, quite amused at the little ones delight in both little wild dragonet and Lamanayr. The wildly colored female slowly looked over towards the male whom she still stood next to. Her wings twitched some, as if aching to know his thoughts on this 'reunion' of sorts. And what he thought would be best for the young filly he had found first.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janus cocked his left head curiously, trying to keep from giving a warbling chuckle at the little filly's bright joy towards the young dragonet. It made him think himself over though how open and trusting the little filly was, and what a problem that would be if she was left to her own devices. To someone closely listening, the twin heads' conversation could be overheard.
Can't be left...
...alone, could she?
Nah, she'd get picked up by a predator...
..Or a mean person.
I can't...
..leave her, no?

The eyed each other quietly, thinking over the possibilites for the future of the little foal.

Chinook was overjoyed at finding another small friend, and echoed her squeals with his own little shrill sounds, rubbing his face into her licks like a catgryph. He was bouncing with delight as his little tail thumped the ground, his little paws trying to stroke her mane affectionately before she turned. He cocked his head to one side and watched the filly eye his Lamanayr companion.

Dive let out her own chuckling laugh at the filly's and Chinook's happy interactions, and was surprised when she found the filly coming towards her instead. Her eyes widened some, and her tongue poked out with a funny little expression on as the foal stared up at her with those big blue eyes. The sudden attachement of soft roly-poly foal to her leg was surprising, so she let out a snort as he wings jerked some, then leaned down and chuckled, snuffling at the little nosing figure.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Hansa tipped her head. She heard them speak, faintly, but she didn't want to interrupt them and say that she had been listening to them speak to one another. But what would they do? Hansa crinkled her nose in thought.

Rustle blinked at the leg as she poked again, her head swiveling around to stare up again at the startled and snuffling mare. "Who you?" she chimed sweetly, her eyes still as big as ever. She could not help but start winding under the taller finger, snuffling at her legs and belly and tail curiously. Her own tail was twitching fast still.