The inane chatter thread

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

The inane chatter thread

Post by Sushidragon »

On PI I tend to engage in 'inane chatter' more frequently because I like to have something to say other than 'BUMP' when I want to bump up the thread XD We don't really get that on the Sam forum.. so I thought we could try out an 'inane chatter' thread! Ramble, rant, ponder age-old questions, whatever floats your boat.

My inane chatter for today is AUGH I'm never doing a spinning class again >:[ Almost a week later and my legs are still killing me..
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: The inane chatter thread

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Spinning class? As in spinning thread on a spinning wheel or does spinning have another meaning? I know my mom has a spinning wheel, but she never seemed to get sore legs from it.

I take it that you're not feeling that much better still?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It's a stationary cycle class XD I have no idea where the name 'spinning' comes from but with the bikes you could turn a little dial to increase the friction as if you were going up a hill and we also had to stand and pedal at times. I'm finally starting to feel a little better today, which is good because the doctor I saw last night said there's not much to be done except wait o____x
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

That makes much more sense as a way to get sore legs. I guess you are making the wheels spin...but a cycling class would be less confusing of a name.

Ah dear...at least it's starting to fade. Never fun when you just have to wait it out...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Urgh. Exercise classes. *twitches*

My mom think's its funny to enroll me in them, randomly, and usually I end up cracking after two weeks. The instuctors drive me crazy with their ability to not stop smiling. Freaks me out a bit.

I did, however, have the coolest "exercise class" ever earlier this year. I was in kickboxing and self defense, which is so much fun. :D The pushups... not so much, but the drills and obstacles were enjoyable. But then I fell off a galloping horse and bruised my tailbone and jolted my spine and had to rest for six weeks, and haven't found the time to go back this school year. :/

However, good for you for trying out a class Sushi! I'm sorry about your legs, I know that when I havent been riding for a few weeks and get back the soreness is killer. XD
Signature under construction!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Ive never done spinning ... it scares me! D: I see people in PAIN after those things! I have a regular bike and I just ride that around. o.o;;; Leisurely... ^______^

<3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Origami_Dragon - Yeah, I can't see getting sore legs with a spinning wheel.. although I've nveer used one before XD

@Seren - Lemme tell you, it's a lot more incentive to actually go when you're paying for the membership yourself! XD Looks like they offer a kickboxing drop-in class, I think I'd like to try that when I'm feeling better, sounds like fun! And yikes, that sounds like quite a fall o_o;

@RikkuGirl - Not really bike riding weather around here, since we still had a good amount of snow on the ground. Not that that stops a few hardy souls I've seen biking around, just.. not me XD
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

It is fun! Makes me feel safer too. X3

And psh. *waves hand* I only started crying after I was in the hopsital, I was terrified they'd make me stay overnight.
Hospitals and Seren do not mix. But no I still can't ride because we need a new pen. *eyeroll* Mr. Kip and the Lovely Garnet are gettin' chubby!

But really try out the class if it interests you! I enjoy it alot, I still do drills sometimes on my own.
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*smiles* I said the exact same thing after a ball exercise class Sushi...though, at least I didn't have to go to a doctor afterward, ouch. Hope you feel better soon!
And now that I really, really wish there were a yarn-spinning class available here... XD That, and loom weaving, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I'd be terrible at both.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Gotchya! lol I always assume everyone lives here in florida *FAIL* >_<

Lol I guess that does make sence... but still those spin classes themselves, they push you hard! Im surprised someones legs havent shot off in different directions durring one of those classes! lol <3

*gigglesnort*

I have to say though... biking in snow would be fun yet terrifying. o.O. Im scared in a car already let alone a bike! D:
My Sams!

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I used to take kickboxing classes, and I loved them! I miss them sometimes, but they were expensive, with the uniforms and pads and all. I don't think I could afford to go back right now even if I wanted to. But they were such good exercise!

Now I use our kinect to exercise... I got the Dance Central game, and I really enjoy it. I can kind of set my own pace by picking different dances to do, and even difficulty levels within each dance. Plus the songs are great. :D I just need to do it more often... I'm so lazy!!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Those dance games are pretty awesome and you do feel sore afte. We got the just dance 3 for wii and boy do I get tired lol so much fun though
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Last time I opened a can of cocoa powder it was really pressurized and exploded all over me when I peeled back the foil lid thing. I had to open another new can today and thought I'd be smart and open it pointing towards the sink instead.

My aim was a little off.. it took me a half hour to clean cocoa powder from the clean dishes, dish rack, wall, window, and sink o_____x
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Ugh. Sushi. Flour and Cocoa powder are a nightmare to clean up. XD

I was in sixth grade and a bunch of kids were staying over while I babysat, and the three oldest decided it'd be great to make some popcorn on the stove. Without a lid on the pot.

XD We had a popcorn storm in the kitchen. It was EVERYWHERE. We found pieces months later on the top of cabinets.

On the plus side, the dogs and kids were very happy running about catching pieces in their mouth.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Ah, pressure...what a wonderful thing. At work we often heat cans of soup and such still in the can because it's easier to heat half a dozen at a time that way. However...when you heat the can, the pressure inside goes up as the air expands. So...if you open it while it's too hot...yeah...coworker of mine managed to spray it all the way up to the ceiling on accident one time. We had dried soup up there for weeks until they replaced the two tiles. And for a long time we kept finding dried soup on the lids of the various containers on his shelves.

Better cocoa than some of the artificial colors from what I hear. I've heard stories at work about how one of the blues is so fine, so strong, and so statically charged, that it gets everywhere when you use it, and you can be finding it in cracks and corners for weeks after using it. Blue towels every time you clean up from the sound of it, even long after you thought it was all gone.

Still never fun cleaning powder off of everything in sight...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm resurrecting this thread to complain about other drivers today >:[ Someone must have put something in the water because I was being cut off and tailgated left and right! However, the best incident was when I was about to turn left at an intersection where I had no stop sign and the crossing street did have a stop sign. I slowed down for the turn and the guy who'd been waiting at the stop sign suddenly decided to go. I slammed on the brakes and pointed at the stop sign and he made a very rude gesture as he went by. Yikes!
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

So glad you're okay Sushi! <3

Not to generalize, but North American drivers sometimes scare me. (some of them). In Germany we could drive 120 kilometers an hour, but yet they're (usually) very polite.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I know the feeling! I almost destroyed a little old lady in a prius today! D: Almost made her roadkill stew! O_O;; good thing im a better driver than her. O_<

*flails* Well I had the WORST morning. I dropped my coffee... my cat woke me up with her butt...then jumped off my face and scratched my FOREHEAD >.>;;;; ya.. its a HUGE scratch on my forehead... soooo embarrassing especially since I work at a law firm?....ya the gym was awkward too. Traffic was backed up for a solid 30 min longer than normal which made me a little late for work...

oh there was more... but the cat butt wake up was the best... so i figured id let you all know... lol I have cat scratch written all over my forehead xD *flails* o.o

I do love chatter. :)
My Sams!