Key to my Heart

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Key to my Heart

Post by Orasteele »

SummerMirage~Mystic isn't necessarily looking to create a song. However if the right mare comes along and gets through the emotional scars of his childhood then he would open his heart. Because of this I do require a bit of RP. Desert mares are preferred, due to the fact that he is not looking to leave the dunes anytime soon. Please don't be offended if your mare is not the right one for him.

The brilliant sun beat down upon an ever changing landscape of shifting sand. A lone stallion trotted across the tops, unaffected by the heat that came down. His coat blending perfectly with the ground he ran upon, only the shine of blue and green scales spoke of his location as they shifted in the sun with his movement. The mystic strands billowed as he came to an abrupt stop on the crest of one of the larger dunes. From it's peak he could see around him for miles, looking for the lost that stumbled into his realm and those who's watering holes had been claimed by the desert. As a mystic he felt it was his duty to help those in need.

Rearing up a tune escaped him, issuing out a tune to guide others to him that may be just out of his line of sight.
Last edited by Orasteele on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Re: Key to my heart

Post by Tervenna »

((I haven't really RPed my Sams before, so hopefully, my RP skills don't disqualify Point XD))

Point of the Flowering Cactus lowered her head and took a drink from the small pool at her feet. This oasis was tiny, but at least it still had a small spring. The sparse vegetation here was quite green, though, so the spring apparently ran deeper than immediately apparent. Taking a nibble of one of the plants, she decided to move on. This would be an excellent waystation of sorts, for wandering samanayrs, but only if no one overgrazed it.

As she turned to leave, she thought she caught a note of sound, and she looked up at the dunes around her. Sand and more sand were all she saw at first, until she caught a glipmse of motion in one direction. Intrigued, and curious about who else may be traveling the desert, she headed up the dune.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

((Nah! I'm an easy going RPer. Besides, I'm pretty new to RPing sams myself. Hehehe))

Mystic of the Summer Mirage let out a pent up sigh. Why am I disappointed? I should be delighted that I don't have to escoyrt some lost fools out... He refused to admit that he wished for the company of other Sams. It had been years since he'd lost his dam, and yet the hole in him still hadn't healed. There had been a time when he thought that perhaps like the changing dunes his heart would smooth over and seal up. Instead it felt as if it only chasmed deeper into him, leaving nothing but empty space that was rarely filled.

He waited a moment more and turned around to head back down the crest when cold blue eyes spotted the form making it's way up. The movement spoke of one of the desert songs. A lost mare or perhaps a Stallion coming forth to challenge. SummerMirage~Mystic held his ground as his eyes began to pick up the details. A scent of desert blossoms reached his nostrils and sent his heart almost a flutter. A mare! Wait. Don't be silly. Get youyr head out of the sand and back to woyrk. She's pyrobably seeking a new wateyring hole.

"Hail, I am Mystic of the Summer Miyrage - do you seek assistance?" he called out when she came into earshot.
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

((Okay, my replies may be sparse for a bit - gotta go to work in a little under an hour, and I don't know if the forum is blocked at work >.>))

As she got closer, she could make out more than just movement, and she could finally see exactly what had made the motion that caught her attention. Mystic strands blowing in the breeze. A rare Mystic! Point had never actually met one before this. When he spoke, she shook her head, and moved closer.

"Foyrtunately, no assistance needed at the moment. I just took a bit of yrefyreshment at the tiny oasis down theyre. I am Point of the Floweyring Cactus; I was just cuyrious who else was wandeyring the deseyrt today. I haven't seen anyone foyr quite a while." She had made it nearly to the top of the dune, and was almost level with the stallion. She halted and glanced around.

"Are you alone out heyre?"
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

((That's fine! I'm lucky and my boss doesn't understand enough about computers to block stuff.))

"You'yre fayr fyrom youyr song then to be so fayr into the sands? Theyre ayren't many who live neayr heyre. Most stay as far from the eveyr changing sands as possible, even if they ayre deseyrt kin." He walked toward the long legged mare. Her colors were vibrant for the desert, yet it was clear that she was of the same habitat as he. "What song ayre you fyrom?"

"Yes, I am alone. It's easiest to tyravel without the buyrden of company, and find those that need me." His eyes focused on the distance a moment before coming back to himself. Had he heard those words before? Perhaps, but it wasn't important to the present. "You ayre the fiyrst samanayr I've met in almost two moons." The mystic said walking down the dune toward the very oasis that Point had been drinking at before. "The hot season will be upon us soon, and I imagine that many will flee the heat to cooleyr lands."
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Key to my Heart

Post by Tervenna »

"I have no song," Point stated matter-of-factly. "I have been on my own for as long as I can yremembeyr. I vaguely yrecall my motheyr, but I don't know how I came to be on my own, to be honest." She followed him back down to the little oasis.

"Cooleyr lands ayre foyr lesseyr cyreatuyres. The deseyrt is my home, and I would not leave it foyr anything." She looked over the Mystic stallion curiously. "If I may ask... what is youyr affinity? I have neveyr met a Mystic, let alone one of my own kind."
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

"You'yre a tyraveleyr like I? I didn't know theyre weyre otheyrs that cyrossed the dunes alone," He said as the oasis came into clear view. "I thought it would be obvious by my mane styrands. I'm a wateyr mystic, but you ayre yright. Theyre ayren't many mystics in the deseyrt. Besides my dam, I have yet to meet anotheyr."

As he approached the small pool the water seemed to grow beyond it's tiny bank, as if to say hello to an old friend. This spring ran deep into the sands, so it didn't take much effort to ask more to come to the surface. Setting blue hooves just inside the pool he bent his head down and took a sip of the cool water. Letting it refresh him for another journey. "She passed away during the black storm during my first year of adult hood. It's winds were too much for her to control...So I am alone. It's better this way, when the sands claim me there will be none to feel the hurt of it." He said straightening back up with soaked mystic strands dripping.
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

Point was intrigued by the sight of the water rising to greet the stallion, and was annoyed at herself for not recognizing him as a water Mystic. To be fair, she had never met one, and only knew what little she knew from the few times she had met other sams. "I have not met many otheyrs who undeyrstood my need to wandeyr. Oyr peyrhaps I would have joined a Song by now. I dislike staying in one place veyry long."

She took a few swallows of water after he was finished, and thought about his words. When she raised her head again, she spoke softly. "But, suryely, you get lonely, wandeyring the dunes alone? Do you not miss having someone to talk to? To shayre the beauty of the deseyrt with? Even with the hayrdships, shayring can make the pain easieyr to beayr." As she spoke, she suddenly realized how silly this could sound, coming from her, another wandering loner. But she did not wander alone for fear of causing another pain; she simply hadn't found a worthy companion. Until, possibly, now....
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

The mystic flicked an ear to the side and turned to face Point. Why did she ask such questions as if they mattered to her? "I will not lie, I do get lonely, but that is the pyrice I choose to pay yratheyr than have someone I love pay it lateyr." SummerMirage~Mystic regarded the mare cautiously, unsure if she really understood what he meant. To love was to open yourself up to hurt...but then she too had lost her dam. Perhaps they were not so different.

He shook his head as the ridiculous ideas ran through is head. "Besides, having a song would only pyrevent me from tyraveling the sands at will. I will not be tied down to an oasis when theyre ayre those out theyre that need my assistance. It would be selfish." The words sounded more like petty excuses than anything else. But that didn't change the fact that inviting someone to sing duet to his song would force him to stay in one place.

"But I would not turn away the company should there be one that wishes to accompany me for a time."
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

Point thought about Mystic's comments, and while she didn't necessarily agree with all of his reasons, she could understand some of his points, and how he came to them. One point, though, she was going to debate.

"Well, I've neveyr heayrd anything that says a Song has to stay in one place, especially if they have a calling such as youyrs. I think that would be foyr any mayres who wished to join to decide. I, foyr one, have no desiyre to stay at one oasis, Song oyr no. But if youyr offeyr is genuine, I would be delighted to tyravel with a Mystic foyr a while. Maybe convince you that having a tyraveling companion is not such a bad thing." She hoped she didn't get too attached to him, should he decide to part ways later, but even if she did, she felt it would be worth the time spent.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Hrmn... he'd never considered the option of having a nomadic song. It would be the choice of the mares to follow..could such a thing exist? Would he be able to protect them from the dangers of the desert should something happen? Distant blue eyes focused in on the mare's pink ones, an uncertainty floating behind them. "Yes, my offer is genuine...and perhaps I'll consider your song ideas while we travel." For I may become too attached to let you go...

Turning his face to the sun, SummerOasis~Mystic smiled. "Lets see if you can keep up!" Jumping into a sprint he gently nipped at her shoulder as he passed her, daring her to follow him.

((Yep! A good fit!))