Never to be?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Never to be?

Post by RikkuGirl »

I was wondering...

There are ALOT of sams that are out there... more than 1000... to be exact and well... I was wondering. Since we have to obtain permission to breed sams and not all members (from back in the day too) are online anymore...

What will happen to them? Will they never procreate? :( There are SO MANY gorgeous sams that Ive been DYING to get a breed with but the owners are either unable to be contacted on sams or PI or they are just Gone all together.

There are a few people I can think of off the top of my head but... just curious as to what will happen to those sams? Is it possible to have songs become open if the owner is not active for more than a year? o.o!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Re: Never to be?

Post by Jaes »

I've been trolling through the database today (thank you, Hurricane Sandy, for giving me an unexpected two weeks off from work lol) and yeah - there are some really beautiful sams from way back. Poor neglected guys!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Oh my gosh! I totally was wondering about that! There are a lot that look gorgeous but the whole 'contacting the owner' thing getting in the way because they aren't really around
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

I agree that there are some gorgeous sams that I'd love to breed or invite into a Song, but you have to look at it from the other side too. Those sams belong to someone, even if they're gone or on hiatus. How would you feel if you came back to an adoptable but found that your Sam that you loved and cared for had babies without your knowing it? If they set it to a closed Song they did so because they wanted control over their Sam's progeny.

One of the things that drives me nuts about Pony Island and several other adoptable sites is how if you don't come back every so often to care for your pixel pets they die or are taken away by the site. That doesn't happen with Samanayrs and I would be vehemently against anything where other people got to tamper with your pets while you were away.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Sadly they are destined to be childless forever!

I've always made it clear that there's not a minimum level of activity or participation required for Samanayrs, and members are free to come and go as they please without worrying what happens to their Sams. This is something I feel very strongly about and is not something that I'll be changing. I know it's frustrating to not be able to contact some of the older owners for breedings, but on the flip side your Samanayrs will be safe forever too :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:) well then thats how it is! I wont lie....i REALLY hope alot of the older members come back! Lol

I def understand what you guys mean and i totally respect that! Im just totally jealous of some of the older sams and their owners xD. Mouse is one example, so many gorgeous sams!

:) just figured id ask and be jealous aloud. Lol. X3

Sushi, thanks for keeping your rules. After thinking about it, im totally glad cause i know i can have my sams forever :3 *wiggles* i will just happily stalk the oldie sams, active or not :D

<3333
My Sams!

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:) well then thats how it is! I wont lie....i REALLY hope alot of the older members come back! Lol

I def understand what you guys mean and i totally respect that! Im just totally jealous of some of the older sams and their owners xD. Mouse is one example, so many gorgeous sams!

:) just figured id ask and be jealous aloud. Lol. X3

Sushi, thanks for keeping your rules. After thinking about it, im totally glad cause i know i can have my sams forever :3 *wiggles* i will just happily stalk the oldie sams, active or not :D

<3333
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Mouse is still contactable, isn't she? :O I still see her on Google chat occasionally, although I haven't actually chatted with her in a while. An email might work?

Thanks for understanding, it's just how I like to do things!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog