East coast conventions

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

East coast conventions

Post by Sushidragon »

I love the conventions I've been to (which, granted, is just a couple) and I've been pondering going to one on the east coast, since I know there's a lot of Samanayr folks out that way :D Now that the kids are getting older I might be able to make this a reality in a year or two!

So, if you're on the east coast, what are some conventions that you go to or know of? I'm more interested in sci-fi/fantasy and comics but an anime convention might be fun too, I just don't watch much (ie any) of it nowadays.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Re: East coast conventions

Post by Kagari »

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a con goer (not by choice-- stupid finances), but I'm only really familiar with the anime cons. I know there NYCC in October, but I'm not too sure how big of a deal that is?
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

NYCC is a huge deal. Never been but if I could afford it I would be there is a heartbeat. Sadly I'm a West Coaster so that pretty much exhausted me East Coast con knowledge.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

I'm not on the east coast but I am volunteering for the comic con here in Utah next month. I am very excited :D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I've pretty much slimmed down my con-going to the Steampunk World's Fair each year, but I dunno if that one is worth the kind of travel you're talking. XD I'd recommend DragonCon in Atlanta, honestly. Never been, but it's one of the best on the coast and I want to attend someday.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I am on the east coast or else id go! hope its amazing!!!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

megacon is ok and that is in marchish give or take. There have been a few others that come here but if you look up Orange County Convention Center it would show you all the con's that show up. That is from what I hvae seen the main place in orlando FL that holds many con's. ^_^ If you do end up going to one PLZ let me know and I will try to go with yousa ^_^ maybe go out to eat too xD get sushi for sushi ^_^
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

I'm an East Coaster, though I never really attend any cons. XD I would try to if it meant a Sam meet up!
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I went to Connecticon this past year, and it was fun, even though I didn't really get to go to a lot of the panels that I wanted to because I came with someone else. It's pretty fair sized I'd say, annnd I would totally go again in a cosplay if I actually knew how to make anything x'D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Ooh, I forgot about DragonCon, that is one I'd like to go to someday! NYCC looks awesome but HUGE - the biggest convention I've been to was a couple of thousand O_O Connecticon looks like fun too, it's spoken of favorably in an artist's alley Facebook group I'm on XD Thanks for the suggestions!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog