Life Update! Happiness Is Here!

Talk about anything you want here.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Life Update! Happiness Is Here!

Post by RikkuGirl »

Hey guys! Pretty much as spring fling goes into action, life starts to just get better it seems! :) YAY! I have left the poor situation I was in and....

I have officially moved into MY OWN PLACE and am getting settled in!! I got a raise at my job (Which I spent on my new Charm :3 <3) and I am almost completely registered for the fall semester for school!

Once I complete my courses for my AS I found that I can get my BS at the same time! (Bachelors in Science - Business Management). Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone! >_> Though I would NEVER... it's an expression. lol

I am seeing a wonderful guy, Shane, for the past few months and yesterday was the first day we held hands and kissed in public. :3 -squeals- <33

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their awesome words of encouragement and comfort. Thank you to all my Sam family for being there for me through the ups and downs. I know I haven't been able to be as... focused... on sams as I have been in the past (The very far away past) however that will be changing! My internet will be turned on by the end of this week and I have a brand new scanner to use at work! (My boss likes seeing the sams x3)

PLUS! I found my prismacolor pencils that Codress bought for me for christmas! :D So now I can start to color some outlines I have been working on (Practice makes perfect!).

I have some other things I am working on Sam based and I hopefully will have them ready to work with... Once I find them >_>.

Boxes are almost done being unpacked! Hopefully by this weekend I will find everything.

Just want to give an update to anyone who cares. :) <3 Thank you again for giving me a place to be myself and to escape the crumby world.

Thank you Sam Family, I love you! Especially Sushi for making all this possible to begin with! <333333
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Re: Life Update! Happiness Is Here!

Post by Codress »

Congrats Rikku!! LOVE YOU!! Glad you are going for what you want and been wanting to do. I believe in you and know you can do it. ^_^ *ra ra shis boom ba* xD

ooo...sams you been working on...oooo... >.< I want to sees LOL
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Wonderful news, Rikku!

And looking forward to all the wonderful things you've got tucked away for us! ^^
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

That's wonderful, Rikku!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Thanks guys <3333 I appreciate the love :3 I'm just so happy and I needed a place to just blurt it all out. ^o^ There is so much more, things just keep getting better.

I may have some Mimic/like Teasers.... *Plots evilly*

I still have some lines that I havent been able to do anything with yet:

Unicorn Mimic
Stego Mimic
Image - The one on the Left (The one on the right is Jaes's Christmas gift - Here she is completed ;D)
Random cool sam (The one on the left with the big hair xD)

I had asked Sushi to do a line art give away. ;D SO maybe that will be just what I need to do my Prisma colors!

If things go how I want them to... :3 I'll start this over the weekend or next week. I'll keep everyone in the loop - So we know about it and sushi can put it on the schedule. :D I dont know for sure but, either way... If I do start something it wont be a quick event, everyone will have a chance to enter/play. ^_^ <33
My Sams!

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

O.O
Aww look at the cute litte stego. One of my favorite dinosaurs (I am a little bit of a dino fanatic heehee).
They are awesome!

I have lost all of my inspiration for drawing. I have no clue why. :/
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

@ElvenArcher - He is one of my fav sketches so far... not sure why.. but I LOVE HIM! xD He is actually... a Happy Misery >_> Who'd-a-thunk-it! -giggles-

His Spines/plates are actually his hair ;3 -wiggles- I havent found inspiration to color him... or else he would have been in the dinosaur events held a while back V_V;;;;;;;; Plus life was crazy... didnt have a home, moving, job issues... it happens. ^^; Come to think of it... I need to find where he is. O_o; I have all my art stuff in one box.. I just hope I put him in there... I tend to hide the ones I like A LOT in books, etc. so they dont curl or rip... which makes it very difficult when moving to find what you want to find. xD

Awwww... Sometimes stress and life can do that Elven! :( It happens. Majority of the sams I sketch never come to life because I dont feel inspired to finish them. Depends on what kind of an artist you are. I am mental-inspirational so... They come to me as i'm sketching out their pose/body. I'm working on frankens and custom request Sams... They are the hardest things for me to do because they are specific. I also cant really draw what I see (The proportions are all wrong, etc.)... So, I have to think of it in my head and then draw it as I imagine it to be... so... that makes it a lot harder. However, practice makes perfect! Dont ever give up, keep trying. I would LOVE to see what you come up with, pm me if youd like <3 Anytime.

You can do it if you want to... dont limit yourself! I bet you are amazing at drawing and coloring. :) I'm happy to help you with any little tricks I know. I know it helped me a lot to just talk to Sushi... She has amazing ideas and tricks that she shared with me and they really helped!

I'm thinking of a Random Line art Give-away event, with custom Color/patterns. :)

Think that would be a good idea? :D
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Aww Rikku, that's all awesome :D I'm so glad to hear things are going so well! Good luck with the unpacking, finding a new place for everything and making the place your home is one of the best parts of moving!

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you do with the outlines :D I think the first one is my favorite, I love the draped ornaments, especially on the horn! Although I also love the stegosaurus's hair and the pose of the random cool Sam ;D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay I'm so glad that things are working out for you! You're the best and you deserve nothing but happiness. Good luck with the new place!

And heyyyyyyy look at my awesome Furtive! She was such a great present - and cheered me up like whoa during my own tough times - and I really appreciate the time you took to make her!