2016 sam meme!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

2016 sam meme!

Post by Jaes »

I saw a couple of fandom memes like this on tumblr and I thought it might be fun to do one for sams!

1. How long have you been in part of the sam community?
2. How many sams do you have?
3. Which is your oldest sam? When did you get her/him?
4. Which one is your favorite?
5. What’s your favorite species? Why?
6. Trait?
7. Event?
8. Do you have an all-time favorite sam?
9. What are your sam-related goals for 2016?
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: 2016 sam meme!

Post by ElvenArcher »

So we just answer the questions?

1. How long have you been in part of the sam community? For about 7 years. I did have a hiatus in there somewhere though.

2. How many sams do you have? 17 (one isn't in the database yet)

3. Which is your oldest sam? When did you get her/him? Echo of the Empty Rainforest.
I don't remember the year but the event was an animal mimic drawing that you couldn't post the same animal as someone else. Someone had already posted a giraffe (which is my favorite animal) so I chose my second favorite animal instead, an okapi and I was one of the winners. <3

4. Which one is your favorite? If I have to choose a favorite it's going to be Echo of the Empty Rainforest, because he was my first Sam

5. What’s your favorite species? Why? Again, if I have to choose a favorite it would be a Sa'grisayr (even though I don't have one yet), because I love birds.

6. Trait? Feathered Wings

7. Event? Frankens

8. Do you have an all-time favorite sam? Yes I do :D
This one of Lakotawolf's
I wish I knew how to get a hold of Lakotawolf to see if this girl could be in a Song with my boy Drake. :)

9. What are your sam-related goals for 2016? To get a custom, or an Elemental, or a Sa'grisayr. Just one of those, I'm not greedy lol.

I hope that is what I was supposed to do. I don't have a tumblr so I am not sure to which meme you are referring to. Hahaha :D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

ElvenArcher wrote:So we just answer the questions?

This one of Lakotawolf's
I wish I knew how to get a hold of Lakotawolf to see if this girl could be in a Song with my boy Drake. :)
Ooh, what a beauty! I thinkkkkkk this might be LW's tumblr actually! Might be worth reaching out!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

I've been on this board for about 4? years I think. But I got my first sam from Sushi way back in the day. Like, 1999/2000.

20! I've been very lucky - and this board is full of generous people.

That would be this girl: Yearning of the Crimson Rainbow. Again, she's an oldie, from 1999/2000. She was originally named Play of the Dancing Primaries, but I lost her and her page for years, and when I re-discovered her and the sams, I'd forgotten her name and re-named her.

This is a tough one. Is it a cop-out to say I love them all? Each of them are great in their own way. It says a lot about Sushi's talent that she can create so many completely unique creatures. At the moment, I have to say that it's a tie between Whisper of the Lonely Gale and Knell of the Starlit Pines. I love Whisper's colors, her feathery traits, and his wistful expression. But Knell is just so cool!
Image Image

Tribal Northerns, definitely! I love their fluffiness! I think that their extra fur allows for greater and more extensive patterns. And antlers - Love antlers on Northerns. And the tribal aesthetic is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so happy that I have one for myself!

6. Trait?
Antlers!

7. Event?
I really like the creative events, like the RPing or design events. It's really fun to RP with people on this board because there are so many talent writers around.

There are so many fantastic sams. Like I said, I have a soft spot for tribal northerns. I think maybe Nighthenge's Flare of the Guiding Star would be in my top three, though.

Foals. Always foals. I keep a long list of cool-sounding names (Isle of the Idle Idol was one of them!) and I'd love to get a custom (or two!) based on those.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Jaes wrote:
ElvenArcher wrote:So we just answer the questions?

This one of Lakotawolf's
Ooh, what a beauty! I thinkkkkkk this might be LW's tumblr actually! Might be worth reaching out!

I have loved that girl since before I got Drake haha, she is just gorgeous. :D

Good to know about the tumblr. I would just have to get up the guts to contact them haha, because I am a big chicken. :oops:
Stallions
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

1. How long have you been in part of the sam community? about 6 years I think?
2. How many sams do you have? 30
3. Which is your oldest sam? When did you get her/him? Helix of Forgotten Dreams- I got her in a naming contest as part of a birthday celebration.
4. Which one is your favorite? It's so hard to chose! I'm gonna cheat and list two of my favorites- Crest of the Rolling Breaker and Swell of the Brooding Seas. Crest had been a custom and then I won Swell in the design a perfect mate contest- and he couldn't be any more perfect imo XD
5. What’s your favorite species? Why? So hard to chose, I'd say it's a toss up between northerns for their glorious fluff and northern aquatics- I love the streamlined look and they always seem to have such cute expressions
6. Trait? love me some leonine mane
7. Event? I really enjoy the design events- whether it's design a sam, design a new trait or what have you. We have such creative members it's fun seeing wheat everyone comes up with.
8. Do you have an all-time favorite sam? Such hard questions XD one of my all-time fave's is Stormelle's Traveller of the Tree-lined Shore. I just love everything about her, especially that wild hair XD
9. What are your sam-related goals for 2016? I don't have any specific goals- I'm working on a backstory for my aboreals Spur and Burl that I'd like to actually finish writing.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

1. How long have you been in part of the sam community? August of 2009
2. How many sams do you have? 32!! D8 OMG
3. Which is your oldest sam? When did you get her/him? o112 Image I lucked out and got her from the "Everyone gets a sam" Event. Her previous owner is no longer with us and I'm so happy to have her in my family now. :3
4. Which one is your favorite? Cant decide, I really do love all my sams A LOT.
5. What’s your favorite species? Why? Kodyla, because I love their attitude, back story and the traits they are instantly endowed with.
6. Trait? Combination Wings (Butterfly x Feather x Draconic) - Second place is Fairytale Wings... or anything with Butterfly
7. Event? Spring Fling :3
8. Do you have an all-time favorite sam? Nope... There are way too many for me to pick from, id die from the over complication of my brain thinking to decide...
I want to get my first Kodyla and possibly an RP sam. I have ideas etc. and I have some stories I want to start RPing as well. :3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

I've been here about 8 1/2 years. :3 I started out on PI, before migrating here entirely~
I have 30 Sams in total, including my as yet unnamed Growing Foal.
Music of the Open Plains was the first Sam I ever won; I recieved her in an Animal Mimic draw where you couldn't post the same animal as anyone else. I've love giraffes ever since I was a little tyke, so I was unbelievably stoked when random spat out my entry as a winner!
Hmmmm, that's a hard pick. :/ I'd probably waver between my foal Sparks or my Healer mare Millennium Wish.
Tribal Minayr. :3 I know there hasn't been one yet, but I reckon a teeny Minayr just draped about it it's tribal garb would be gorgeous~ I just LOVE the tiny things!
6. Trait?
Hm... Either Wing Pennants or Fairytale Wings.
7. Event?
Expeditions! Especially the RP ones. :o
SPAAAAAAACE! :lol:
To grow my foal. o-o It's taken me much longer than it should have...
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

1. How long have you been in part of the sam community? Eight or nine months! I still feel like a newbie sometimes. XP
2. How many sams do you have? Eight! Two of which are not in the database yet.
3. Which is your oldest sam? When did you get her/him? Well ID-wise, Awakening is my oldest and I got her in a Sam Art Card sale. But if we go by when I got them, then Minuet is my oldest and I got her in an animal trivia contest.
ImageImage
4. Which one is your favorite? Awakening of the Drowsy Spring, though I really love Trill of the Chuckling Creak's design. It's the luscious mane. XP
5. What’s your favorite species? Why? Northerns, they're just so fluffy! X3
6. Trait? Um... I can't decide, they're all wonderful!
7. Event? So far, I think its a toss up between the White Elephant and the Were-Oquiesa event.
8. Do you have an all-time favorite sam? Too many to choose from...
9. What are your sam-related goals for 2016? Participating more, and having fun with all of the Sam family. And hopfully picking up a few more Sams along the way.
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Oh, about a year of actual presence.
11, with one in work.
That would be these two, Breath of the Spring Meadow and Stride of the Ember Dusk, and it was so long ago I don't exactly remember anymore.
ImageImage
Sa'krien, because more predator leanings and stylings. The red makes some spiffy Sams too.
6. Trait?
Seraphim.
7. Event?
I enjoyed the races for their regularity (and breeding bonuses), the were-oquiesa because of all the creativity it brought out, and the white-elephant because it was such a great community event.
To do another event proper, and if the year is good to me, two of them.
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

I'm not answering the full survey, but I couldn't help show off my very first Sam, from 2000 (February to be exact, I track it when I post them on my site), Rubies of the Purest Ivory ^.^ Though he's by far not the oldest Sam around he does have the honour of having the lowest "oldies" ID - o001

And that must mean that Jaes' Yearning of the Crimson Rainbow must be pre-2000 just based on the art style ^.^
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

1. How long have you been in part of the sam community? A long time!! At least 8+ years. :)
2. How many sams do you have? 30+
3. Which is your oldest sam? When did you get her/him? Waltz! :) She was my first. -wiggles- She is also the first with Butt wings as well!! <3
4. Which one is your favorite? I cant say... My newest Fav is my Kodyla. :/ I will always love A LOT OF THEM. To say my favorite is to lie because there will always be another one I'm like "Oooo! No this one!" to. O_<;; I cant decide. But a few that stick out the most to me:

5. What’s your favorite species? Why? Kodyla!! They are so stuck up and stuffy. I love it. The RP ideas I have are amazing. Once I get my RP Kodyla baby... you'll see!! :D <333 I'm also a huge fan of Tribals and Healers. :3
6. Trait? Fairytale Wings, Butterfly Wings, or any combination of those. :) Anything with Butterfly is a win to me! <3 ((I also like: Antlers, Bone Mask, Extensive foot tufts, Splayed Feet))
7. Event? I love RP events because I like to write. But Breeding season is my next fav. :D
8. Do you have an all-time favorite sam? Again... nope. :/ I have way too many that I love and adore. To pick would be just... evil. THOUGH, there is one that I have been obsessed with since the beginning. :3 <3
Image His colors, look, traits... all of it. Just LOVE HIM. <3

9. What are your sam-related goals for 2016? Save up enough volunteer points to possibly get an RP Grown Sam! :D Idk what kind id want... It would be a Kodyla or a Tribal elemental... I have a lot of work to do before I can get there though! So, Id think that my plans are for more than 2016... ^_^;;;;;
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: