12 Days of Christmas - Story Contest - winners!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

12 Days of Christmas - Story Contest - winners!

Post by Sushidragon »

Here we have the results of the story contest :D Thank you for your entries! It was a lot of fun to read the different interpretations of the two Samanayrs.

Origami_Dragon is the winner of Keeper with her story of Keeper being abandoned by the Sharian who the rings actually belong to.. will the Sharian ever return to free him?

LBPhoenix is the winner of Majesty with a fun poem of the pride-injured Majesty and the little foal who set him straight!

Congrats! I'll be updating the Samanayr certs shortly, and adding the random tradeable items to the inventories of all of the entrants :D

--

One lordly leaping Sam and one miserly be-ringed Sam - what's the story behind these two?

For this contest, you'll get to write a story based on either of these two Samanayrs:

Image Image

9 Lords A'leaping and 5 Golden Rings!

You can write a story that includes one of the above Samanayrs, and it's up to you what it's about. A little bit of backstory? A random encounter with another Sam? Where did Majesty get that cape, or where did Keeper get those rings?

There will be two winners - the winning Majesty-based story will win Majesty, and the winning Keeper-based story will win Keeper! In addition, each entry will receive a random tradeable item!

Rules!

- Each person can submit up to two stories - one for Majesty and one for Keeper!
- Please limit your wordcount to 500 words per story.
- Stories will be judged based on originality and quality. If the judges can't decide on a winner, the winner may be selected randomly out of the finalists, or additional prizes may be rewarded.

To enter this contest, please send a PM to this account with the subject "Majesty Story" or "Keeper Story" depending on who your story is based on, and include your story in the PM. You're welcome to post your story to the thread to share it with everyone, but to enter the contest you'll need to PM it.

The story contest is open until December 17, 11am PST - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: 12 Days of Christmas - Story Contest - winners!

Post by Sushidragon »

Here we have the results of the story contest :D Thank you for your entries! It was a lot of fun to read the different interpretations of the two Samanayrs.

Origami_Dragon is the winner of Keeper with her story of Keeper being abandoned by the Sharian who the rings actually belong to.. will the Sharian ever return to free him?

LBPhoenix is the winner of Majesty with a fun poem of the pride-injured Majesty and the little foal who set him straight!

Congrats! I'll be updating the Samanayr certs shortly, and adding the random tradeable items to the inventories of all of the entrants :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oh my goodness! Thank you! He's an adorable bit of fluffy grumpiness and I'm proud to have won the little fellow! Of course...now that I've written that into his story I now have to figure out how to get him free so he can go off and play with the other Samanayrs... Maybe an older and kinder Sharian will come along to undo the trickster's mischief.

And congrats to LB for your majestic win win too! He's a lovely fellow as well, all decked out royally!

Here's my story if anyone is interested in reading it:
Another day, another headache. Keeper of the Frozen Rings rolled over, uncomfortable as ever on his prickly bed of pine cones and needles. One ice cold ring brushed against his nose as he rolled, making him moan and cover his eyes with one hoof, even as the other hastily brushed the offending item away. “When’s he coming back… I don’t know how much longeyr I can put up with these things…” How long now had he been watching over these supposedly enchanted rings? As far as he could tell the only ‘magical’ thing about them was how incredibly cold the things managed to get. Or maybe how readily they rolled away and tried to get lost if he took his eyes off of them for even a moment. Dealing with the icy bits of metal for almost two turns of the season now had certainly changed Keeper’s views of the Sharian, that was for certain…

With a soft sign Keeper heaved himself to his feet once more and began to gather up the scattered rings. Awkwardly he managed to get four of them hung from his antlers, but the last one evaded his attempts to pry it off of the frozen ground for quite some time. And of course, once he did manage to yank it free he was jolted backwards enough to dislodge three of the rings he had already captured. With a long suffering look on his face he tucked the newly freed ring on his antler and set sluggishly off in pursuit of the three escapees. Just another morning…

All five rings safely caught at last, Keeper set out for the slightly warmed water of the nearby ‘hot spring’ the Sharian had left for him, grumbling all the while. Bad enough he had to live in the most obscure little bit of some remote forest, but if he was really the guardian of some special magical artifacts, would it have hurt to leave him with a nice bit of warmth? The longer he stayed here the more Keeper felt like he was the subject of some nasty little joke. As he finished drinking Keeper noted with resignation that once more the rings had slipped free and rested on the bottom of the spring. And now his water would be cold again until the meager magic heating it overcame the icy chill of the rings. Oh, that they were enchanted Keeper often doubted, but at times like these he was briefly convinced that they were, enchanted for trouble.

One day he was going to get out of this place, that Keeper swore. And when he did, if the Sharian hadn’t returned to claim these things, the very first thing he was going to do was to track that trickster down and give him a piece of his mind. That thought was what kept Keeper going as he froze his way through yet another day. One day…one day…
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Congrats Ori and LBPhoenix, I loved your story Ori it certainly explains Keepers grumpy mood :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage